::Sagar Pictures' Ramayan Discussion Thread::Note pg.16 - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
True she should look a bit young , I mean she was the kinds to keep a man enchanted wasnt she? At the same time she wasnt aggresive. This Keykai threw Manthara. I mean she loved Ram and Kaushalya and was oblivious to her charms on the kind=g

Yeah keep watching and keep giving reviews  on this thread
Thanku So Much Janu for Sharing These Pictures, But to Tell the Truth I really Not impressed a bit with the Choices , I m not biased or anything But the Choices Here really Stunned me Big Time 😲🤔 !!
Specially Ram, He is Not Looking Like what we Describe abt Ram "Rajeev lochan, Snehil, Komal, Paawan Sundar, sar se Salona" 😆 No  Seriously yar He is a way Looking SO Stiff and Elder than Ram Should be, Aaahhh Didnt like Even a Bit 🤔  

I cant Say anything abt Lakshman Before Seeing him in the Series, But the Only thing I Liked is Neha marda, She is Looking So Sweet Innocent and Soft, as Princess Sita Should look...But again to Tell U the Truth 😆 the Couple of Her with Gagan malik looks 👎🏼, Ram is Looking Quiteee Elder than Sita with is 🤢 for me !!
Edited by Varnita. - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Varnita.

Thanku So Much Janu for Sharing These Pictures, But to Tell the Truth I really Not impressed a bit with the Choices , I m not biased or anything But the Choices Here really Stunned me Big Time 😲🤔 !!
Specially Ram, He is Not Looking Like what we Describe abt Ram "Rajeev lochan, Snehil, Komal, Paawan Sundar, sar se Salona" 😆 No  Seriously yar He is a way Looking SO Stiff and Elder than Ram Should be, Aaahhh Didnt like Even a Bit 🤔  

I cant Say anything abt Lakshman Before Seeing him in the Series, But the Only thing I Liked is Neha marda, She is Looking So Sweet Innocent and Soft, as Princess Sita Should look...But again to Tell U the Truth 😆 the Couple of Her with Gagan malik looks 👎🏼, Ram is Looking Quiteee Elder than Sita with is 🤢 for me !!

Even I cannot see Ram in Gagan Malik, Varnita, but I'll have to wait to see him onscreen before judging. I judged Gurmeet like this too at first, and I thought he was such a misfit for the role of Ram, and look at me now.😆 But it is true that he looks much older than Neha. Neha looks really youthful, sweet, and perfect for the role, but her coupling with Gagan is not very impressive. Even people in the Ramayan forum are disappointed, as they wanted her to be with Neil.😆 Now the poor things must see them as Bhabhi-Devar, lol.
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

True she should look a bit young , I mean she was the kinds to keep a man enchanted wasnt she? At the same time she wasnt aggresive. This Keykai threw Manthara. I mean she loved Ram and Kaushalya and was oblivious to her charms on the kind=g

Yeah keep watching and keep giving reviews  on this thread

She was Dashrath's youngest queen and was supposed to be a lot younger than Sumitra and Kaushalya, but here Kaikeyi looks elder to them all, and she's not very beautiful either. Like you said, she's also portrayed to be very aggressive and arrogant, I don't like the actress or her characterization.🤔
Who is the Pink lady? Seeta? She is pretty but doesnt have Debina or Deepika kind of poise or elegence
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Dunno, I cannot really see Gagan Malik as Ram

Exact thoughts in mind 😆 (NOM to his fans) ,, but they should've chosen a younger guy. Is there a shortage of actors in our industry ? You could've taken new people ... Wasn't Gurmeet new ? Even Arun ji got fame after Ramayan .. I wish they'd introduced someone new as Ram ji I would've been much more excited.
I don't say this guy looks bad or something but as Ram i'm just not able to absorb him as Ram into my mind.

Neha .. hmm she looks cute though I've really not seen her acting so can't comment.
I'm hopeful about Neil... he's a good actor .. let's see how much justice he does to the role.

The tough part for me is after RSR I've not strictly followed any other Ramayan series .. till date I see RSR reruns 😆 ... and I do end up comparing .. 😆 whether I wish or not 😛

About the mothers .. Kaikeyi as an actress is ok ... but noe her jewellery mainly her neck piece is blinding me these days 😆 .. it's way too heavy.

Yes I must say the kid Ram was quite nice ... the one now .. he has that simplicity in his face. All 4 kids are doing a good job. I woudn't mind seeing them for some more time onscreen especially Shatrugn .. he's a very cute kid 😆

@Nandini,

Yes, she is Neha Sargam and recently played a short role in Zee's Punar Vivah, which is coincidentally the show where Gurmeet Choudhary is playing lead. She played the role of a rich Minister's daughter who was being married to someone against her will. Yash (Gurmeet) considered her his sister and married her to the one she loved. She and Gurmeet made an adorable brother-sister pair in Punar Vivah. She may not have the poise of Sita now, but I have high hopes for her as she's a good actress.

@Bhavana,

I understand what you mean. It's hard for me to not compare this Ramayan to RSR and ASR as well, but I'm doing my best to watch it impartially so that I can appreciate its good factors without being totally disappointed. So far, it hasn't really lived up to my standards though. None of the actors are very great, except Kaushalya. She's a very good actress.

I also think best option would have been to cast new people for the roles, but from what I've seen Sagar Pictures loves using known names. It's not a very smart move actually, because people are used to seeing thse actors in their fav daily soap characters, but let's see how it goes. If we always compare shows to other versions, we'll never be happy with anything so if you're going to follow this Ramayan, try not to compare it to RSR because then you won't be able to appreciate it at all.😊
Yes .. as long as they don't do what Ekta did to Mahabharat I'm fine with it 😆
Btw, I forgot to mention this before, but the scene I really disliked in the 2nd episode was Bharat protesting when Dashrath fed Ram. I was so shocked!😲 For those who haven't seen the scene yet, it went like this. Dashrath was feeding Ram first at the dinner table and Bharat, Lakshman, and Shatrughan all became sullen and refused to eat. When asked why, Bharat protested saying that their father never feeds them first, always their Ram Bhaiyya, so they don't want to eat.

I know this type of jealousy is natural in normal, real-life kids, but Bharat, Lakshman, and Shatrughan were supposed to be ideal brothers. I would never expect such behavior from them, even during childhood. They all idolized their Ram Bhaiyya and became happy when he was loved and respected by all. They never became jealous when Dashrath made evident his favoritism towards Ram. That's what makes their characters so great and idealistic, and this scene totally destroyed their divinity to me.

How many agree with me? Am I overanalyzing this scene or did you find it as insulting to the characters of Ramji's brothers?🤔
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago
[QUOTE=JanakiRaghunath] Btw, I forgot to mention this before, but the scene I really disliked in the 2nd episode was Bharat protesting when Dashrath fed Ram. I was so shocked!😲 For those who haven't seen the scene yet, it went like this. Dashrath was feeding Ram first at the dinner table and Bharat, Lakshman, and Shatrughan all became sullen and refused to eat. When asked why, Bharat protested saying that their father never feeds them first, always their Ram Bhaiyya, so they don't want to eat.

I know this type of jealousy is natural in normal, real-life kids, but Bharat, Lakshman, and Shatrughan were supposed to be ideal brothers. I would never expect such behavior from them, even during childhood. They all idolized their Ram Bhaiyya and became happy when he was loved and respected by all. They never became jealous when Dashrath made evident his favoritism towards Ram. That's what makes their characters so great and idealistic, and this scene totally destroyed their divinity to me.

How many agree with me? Am I overanalyzing this scene or did you find it as insulting to the characters of Ramji's brothers?🤔
[/Bu Bharat is the symbolism of Bhratri Bhakti , it never protrsted that wayQUOTE]