Article : UK Calling

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Zee TV's brand new offering Rab Se Sona Isshq, to be shot in London for three months, becomes the only Indian TV show shot abroad for such a long duration

For my seventh show with Zee, I thought I should take up some challenge and got the idea of taking an Indian TV show, abroad and shooting it there for as long as three months! - Kinnari Mehta

Jay Mehtaa Productions has a long association with Zee TV. The company has produced six shows for the channel till date. When they thought of producing the seventh show with them, they planned to make it on a grand scale with a mega budget. At a recently held press conference to launch the show, Kinnari Mehta of Jay Mehtaa Production announced, "For my seventh show with Zee, I though I should take up some challenge and do something big, hence I got the idea of taking an Indian TV show abroad and shooting it there for as long as three months."

A story about Saahiba (Ekta Kaul), a girl deserted at the altar by her fianc, Ranvir (Ashish Sharma of Chandragupta Maurya), who dreams of making it big in London, the serial unfolds as she follows him to London, determined to win him back. The show also features Sukirti Kandpal of Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani. Unlike her role in Zee TV's Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, where she played a saree-clad Bihari bahu, she will be seen essaying the role of an Indian, born and brought up in London in Rab Se Sona Isshq.

Resting the entire show on the shoulders of a newbie could be a bad idea, but Kinnari says she is super confident about her new discovery. "We found our Saahiba in Ekta, after auditioning 400 odd entries. She is one cute looking girl from Kashmir who has never faced camera before. I thought she could be my Nargis Fakhri," she said.

The makers have already shot a few episodes in rural Punjab from where the story begins. The team shot for a 25-day outdoor schedule in villages near Chandigarh and Patiala. They also shot at famous havelis, which have been featured in various Bollywood films too. As far as London is concerned, the cast and crew which flew to the destination on June 17 have planned to capture some famous as well as offbeat places of the country. "We are looking at capturing Big Ben, London Eye, Piccadilly Circus and such well known monuments. We are also looking at exploring the countryside by shooting at some spectacular villas," said Kinnari.

The producers have shortlisted some of the best exotic locations, bought some spectacular villas on rent and also signed foreign artists and technicians. The biggest challenge for the team is figuring how to air the episodes in India while they shoot for it simultaneously abroad. "I am really hoping that we can handle it all smoothly. This is actually a major task for all of us, managing the tapes and telecasting the show while we shoot for it so far from the home country," says Kinnari, who has scheduled the shoot of 100 episodes of the show in UK.

Apart from a love triangle, the story also focuses on the visa problems faced by Indians. Scenes such as the lead pair posing as husband and wife on paper to get the visa would depict the same. It also showcases the NRI issues faced by Indian immigrants there. Rab Se Sona Isshq will go on air on July 16 on Zee TV.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/uk-calling/964884/3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fearless_Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
3 mths in LONDON Wowowowo!!! Dats grt nws..thAnKs 4 $harINg
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: luckdiya

3 mths in LONDON Wowowowo!!! Dats grt nws..thAnKs 4 $harINg

Only 3 months, i wished if its more ðŸ˜†
Means Suku might be coming back to India ðŸ˜‰
Fearless_Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
[QUOTE=Visha_Dhami]

Only 3 months, i wished if its more ðŸ˜†
Means Suku might be coming back to India ðŸ˜‰
[/QUOTE]@red:me 2😆...stil i m happy
--geny-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
tfs dear...all r 100 epi.frm londn...wow...happy...
-Naresh- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
thanx visha for sharing...
Andromeda001 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
T4S dear!
3 months in london!
No doubt many TV actresses were dying 2 be part of this show(kratika sengar of punar vivah)

Thanks for sharing Visha...,

3mths in London...,How lucky are they..,but Ranveer making his first step in london was awesome...,
samarp2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
100 epi in London .. Wow
Would love to c that city once ,
Eager to c the show..
Thks for sharing
taahir004 thumbnail

3 Months in London thats great news

thanks for sharing