-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey guys, this is the first time I'm posting something here. Please give it a shot.

All her life she had never thought she would just be given away to a stranger. She had never thought that she would not have a choice - not really. She had never thought that she would not fall in love or that a stranger would not sweep her off her feet. She had always thought that she would fall in love for the heck - for who he would be. She had never thought she would fall in love because she had no other way to go. Suddenly, there is this new idea - a concept all together alien - rooting deep and making its presence known through the chill that has engulfed her heart. The panic and apprehensions are increasing. Suddenly she feels she doesn't belong here or anywhere. She has that insane feeling that she'll be done away too. Her worth will be counted by the lakhs her father can spend on her lavish wedding ceremony and her worthlessness by her dark complexion and the inches of height she lacks.

Although she is just eighteen, she knows her fate is the same as that another girl in the other room. That girl whose dreams too were broken down by this day in her life. That girl too had dreamt of a knight in a shining armour who'd fall in love with her for herself - accepting her ideals and growing old with her in his arms as they together went about fulfilling each others dream and not only his.

Did she not want to fly in the clouds above the rainbow, where the beautiful blue world resides? Here she is caged and chained by her own thoughts . She is pinned down and unable to spread her wings by her own conservativeness. The fluffy, soft surfaced clouds have been bartered for these hard and difficult planes where she tosses and turns, thinks and sobs but cannot fly away. The rainbow has faded away and in its place lays with its arm open a dull lead like sky which has shot in this moment all her happiness and dreams and promises to engulf her in its strong arms. All she wanted was to spread her wings and fly away. Was it too much to ask?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful piece of writing and so true. We all wish for that but life hardly goes the way we want. 

She had never thought she would fall in love because she had no other way to go. 
Suddenly she feels she doesn't belong here or anywhere. She has that insane feeling that she'll be done away too. 

These lines sum it up beautifully! 
Sigh, a sad fact of life that I still refuse to accept. 
neetha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
really beautifully penned down..life is soo like a mystery..we never ever get wat we want n whom we love..its all abt destiny..soo true we never have the rights to fly like a free bird..loved it gal..
NinaArief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
somehow my first reaction was shes in an arranged marriage, but reading it again made me realise how general it could be!! beautifully written!!
-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
^^ Thank you for your comments and like guys. They really did make my day. 😊