Gajendra-Ashwini part ways professionally

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Gajendra Singh

Ashwini Karandikar

Gajendra-Ashwini part ways professionally

There are rumours of a rift in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa producer Gajendra Singh's marriage too

Subhash K Jha

The buzz around the corridors of Zee TV is that Sa Re Ga Ma Pa's producer-director Gajendra Singh's wife Ashwini Karandikar, who has been assisting  him for nearly 12 years, is leaving  him.

"Do  you know of any married couple who don't have their share of  problems?" asks Gajendra Singh, when contacted.  "Sure, we have our share of fights like any other couple. But nothing serious."

So where did the rumours start? "You tell me," says his wife, Ashwini. "We've had our share of differences. But we're together, and we intend to remain that way. I've  been with him  for nearly twelve  years. We've practically grown up together. We met on the sets of Sa Re Ga Ma (where I was a contestant) fell in love and got married to him. Gajji is my guru.  Everything I know about music, I've learnt  from him. So please don't make our marriage out to be like  the one shown in Abhimaan." (The well-known Hrishikesh Mukherjee marital drama   about a musician-couple and their ego clash.)

Could the rumours have started because Ashwini wants  to branch away from Gajendra Singh and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and do her own  thing? Ashwini appears hesitant to talk about her future career plans. "Yes, I am not working with him any more," she says. "I want to do something apart from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa… not necessarily a  musical.  After  being   so  involved  with my husband's show for so  many years I do need to express myself on my own  as an individual. I am working on some concepts now, for Zee TV, but it's too early to talk about them yet."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kangaroo thumbnail
This forum has become a garbage can for throwing such trash articles....focus on singing and the singers, baaki sab bakwaas hai.
the coolest one thumbnail

Originally posted by: kangaroo

This forum has become a garbage can for throwing such trash articles....focus on singing and the singers, baaki sab bakwaas hai.

👏 wah kangaroo ji aapne to mere muh ki baat cheen li