Naseer demands equal footage as Big B in Badla

Hello_kitta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

It may come as a surprise to know that two most iconic actors, Amitabh Bachchan and Naseeruddin Shah, have never shared screen space, not even for a fleeting moment, in all these decades they've been in the industry. Then again, it may not be such a surprise after all.

Considering the fact that Naseer has purposely avoided being in the same film as Amitabh because he feels if they come together, Amitabh, courtesy his tremendous star power, will get an upper hand in the plot.

However, all that is about to change now. Mirror has learnt that director Sujoy Ghosh, flush with the success of his last film Kahaani, is keen on bringing the two veteran actors together in his ambitious next Badla that will star Vidya Balan as the third main protagonist. Needless to say, Ghosh is faced with the onerous task of posing an equal challenge for both actors when they are pitched against one another.

A source close to the project revealed that Naseer rejected the script Ghosh presented him, and asked the director to rework the characters in a more balanced equation. "Naseer is happy with the idea of sharing screen space with Amitji. But he has made it clear that he will be part of Sujoy's dream team only if his role is justified by the script. And that means, equal footage," the source said.

Ghosh confirmed the news that his script has gone into re-write mode. "When you have your dream team in a project, you've got to make sure it's a kickass script. That's all I'm focusing on now. Naseer Saab has given me until August to finish writing Badla."

Ghosh claimed he waited ten years for the title saying, "Badla was a title that was registered with another producer. I had to wait ten years to get it. As for getting Sir (Amitabh) and Naseer Saab together, I've waited all my career for this. I've to justify their presence in the script." Asked for details about the script, Ghosh only said, "It's a revenge story. But not a vendetta saga."

What we can gather is it is possibly about two men who grow older dreaming of taking revenge on one another. But when it actually comes to pulling the trigger, they realise the definition of revenge has changed for them.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Nothing wrong in that. Sr. Bachchan has left nothing unattended - from oils to bandages, and from medicines to insurance plans, he has done it all.

Chill the hell up, man!
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amitabh Bachhan might be the biggest face of Indian Cinema, but Naseeruddin Shah is one of the finest [and underrated] actors to grace the film industry. Unfortunately in India star power completely eclipses talent and the recent trend of 100 crore hoopla is the biggest proof of that.
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Naser shab is one the finest actors..he is way ahead in acting talent ..then why not 
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Why shouldnt he get equal footage? Hes a fine actor. SO what if he doesnt have a blog to wh**e himself.  Edited by Enycedoll - 11 years ago
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Naseer is an excellent actor no doubt, but this is a bit silly and beneath him IMO. He should focus on the quality of the role and what kind of impact it leaves rather than on the screen time.