International Mango Festival - (Feat Gopi)

Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

International Mango Festival: Secret mango recipes

1  LIKE  |    2  COMMENTS  | 

Love mangoes? Well, who doesn't? The king of fruits is loved by one and all and its juicy flavor makes you crave for more. The International Mango Festival, is being held from 6th - 8th July, 2012 at Delhi Haat in New Delhi. What better than to celebrate this yummy festival with some mango recipes right from our STAR Plus family kitchen? Yes, there are a lot of dishes that can be made from ripe and raw mangoes including juices, jams, pickles, curries, chutneys and more. So here are some mouth-watering mango dishes by our STAR Plus bahus.

Akshara- I love raw mangoes more than the ripe ones. Since childhood I had a craze for "Aam ki Launji" made by maa. It's sweet and tangy flavor is just irresistible. Without much delay, let me share the recipe so that you can prepare it at home before all the ripe mangoes go missing.

Aam Ki Launji-

Ingredients: 1 cup raw mango peeled and cubed, tsp fennel seeds, cup nigella seeds, 3 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, tsp turmeric powder, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tsp oil and salt to taste.

Method- First heat oil in a pan and add the fennel, nigella seeds along with mango cubes and saut it. Add the remaining spices along with salt, sugar and a little water. Stir and simmer till sugar dissolves. Allow it to cool completely and serve.

Gopi- Mangoes are my all time favourite. I like eating ripe mangoes. We generally throw the mango seeds after eating the pulp. But I'm sharing a recipe with you all where we can prepare a dish using the seeds.

Gujarati Mango Rasam-

Ingredients- 2-3 mango seeds, 2-3 green chillies, 1 knob ginger, tsp turmeric powder, tsp chilli powder, little sugar, 1 tsp oil, tsp jeera, tsp raee and coriander leaves

Method- First soak the mango seeds in 5-6 cups of water and keep it to boil. Add the ginger, chillies, chilli powder, turmeric and boil them for 15-20 mins. Now in a separate vessel, heat oil and add jeera along with some mustard seeds. Once they start crackling, add this to the mango water. Add sugar and salt as per taste and bring it to a boil. Garnish it with coriander and serve hot.

Khushi- 'Aam ki chutney sunte hi muh mein paani aa jaata hai'.  I just love it. Let me share the recipe quickly, it hardly takes 10-15 mins.

Aam Ki Chutney-

Ingredients-  1tsp roasted fenugreek seeds, 2 curry leaves, 1 pinch mustard, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 pinch hing, 1 tsp oil, 500g raw mango, 4 red chiies, salt to taste

Method- Chop the raw mangoes into small pieces and grind them. Mix red chillies, mustard, fenugreek seeds, salt and grind well.  For seasoning - add mustard seeds in oil on a frying pan till they start crackling. Add the curry leaves and hing. Now add this to the chutney and serve.

So, what are you waiting for? Do try these recipes and let us know what you think about them. You can also share some of your favourite mango recipes with us here. Happy cooking!

Edited by Simz786 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Master chef kitchen huh??? btw even I love mangoes.
ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mangoes are delicious! If you peel them and slice them and then I just have to eat them! ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks for sharing!
Madhura2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
tfs...

i love mangoes too ...
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I am the odd one out๐Ÿ˜‰

i hate Mangoes ...๐Ÿ˜•

anyways .. Good Night guys.. need to catch up on some sleep๐Ÿ˜›