My two cents on Dimple's rumoured departure

Posted: 11 years ago
Friends, I know that a lot of discussion has been going on following the news that Dimple has apparently been replaced with another actress. And like many, I am very upset by this. I know that there are always two sides to a story but after reading Dimple's interview, it does seem as though she is hurt and angry with the way in which she has been treated. Frankly speaking I don't blame her.

I fail to understand what the PH thinks it will achieve from this. I mean, the trps were never sky high to begin with but I can bet on it that this new twist will not do any favours to the trps and most probably we'll see a decline. I don't visualise people digesting this huge change.

I know that the final call is with the PH and channel. But the way I have always seen it is that they should not take fans for granted and should show a bit of consideration towards their sentiments. And it's not rocket science - if there is any interest in the show then it is largely due to the beautiful portrayal of AgNi by Dimple and Navi. Even if Nimrit- the character returns, the chemistry cannot be re-created.

I am still hoping that this all ends up to be false! But reading Dimple's comments has left me feeling bitter. I don't intend to watch the show if they go ahead with this idiotic twist. Although I adore Navi, Dimple's absence will compel me to ditch the show. I cannot fathom how the PH can possibly justify this storyline. Surely they know that AgNi is their trump card?

Anyways, I shall see out the rest of the episodes until this "twist" takes place. But I am a very stubborn viewer πŸ˜† I do not forgive PH's/ Writers easily and I do not shift loyalties. So I will part ways with the show when the time comes. It was a wonderful journey. And although all good things come to an end, this seems to be ending much quicker than I ever imagined

I hope my post does not upset the sentiments of members at the forum.
:)
Raf, Oh believe me the day I see Nimrit killed and someone else taking Dimple's place as Nimrit. Thats it... i will surely not be watching it...
and no this will not raise trps in fact it will drop like anything else. have they not learned from past what happens when there are replacements?
@Gagan: Exactly. Clearly they haven't learnt from the past where shows meet their end once the lead pair is meddled with. God knows what they are playing at!
Dimple IS Nimrit, no questions about it. So just like you, I won't be watching either
Yaar, lovely siggies. They are making me emotional 😭
Agree with all you have said. AM is the only serial i watch and now that will have to end once Dimple is replaced with Ankita.πŸ˜”
I love Aditya but couldnt watch Preeto because of her, she makes me want to vomit🀒 (no offence to her fans)! No way on earth am i watching AM after Nimrits death! 😑
From  my  point  of  view, no  chemistry  can  be  recreated  with  the  replacement  of   any  actor/ actress   who  played  together  as  a  couple.
Many  famous  shows  in   the  past  have  met  their  own  downfall  after  such  replacements   but  some  shows  slipped  bit  from  failures  which  have  also  axed  soon.

I  thought  that  I  started  watching  Rajan  Shahi's  show  but  it  turned  out  to  be  Ekta's  kapoor  show  thanks  to  Channel  promoting  this.
As  a  viewer,  for  me  only   Dimple  face  will  come  to  me  as innocent,sweet ,humble   Nimrit , It  can not  easily  erased  from  my  memory. I  am  going   to  quit  watching  this  show   with  those  memories.
But  it  will  be   welcome  for  some  one  watching  this  show  after  Ankita's  arrival  in  Nimrit  character  in  a  new  avatar  with  full  of  the  hatred  for  Amrit.
For  TRP, honestly  speaking  this  show  TRP  haven't  crossed  even  1  because  storyline  is  all  about  sister's  revenge and  a  lot  of  negativity  compared  with  other  shows  in  the  same time  slot.
If   the  storyline  wasn't    that   much  good  means  what  is  the  use  of  replacing  a  actress.
It  is  only  storyline   and  the  chemistry  of  couple  are  TRP  puller.
The  channel  can  experiment  this  with  Ankita .It  is  rest  upto  them.
 I  am  used  to watch this  only  for  Dimple  from  the  begining  tolerating  torture  of  too  much  negativity   because  if  TRP  is  low, the  channel  would  axe  this  show   soon  and so  how  can  I  watch  her  again.
But  now  no  worries.
Edited by akshaaya - 11 years ago
@gagan...they clearly havent or else they wudnt hav done this...replacements neva work. ok 1 in a million do...bt come on 99% fail and tht 2 miserably and thn evn if the previous actor does return its nt the same...i.e. KSBKBT or DMG shilpa returned bt wt was the point she didnt play ridz and didnt reunite with KSG's character...
@ChurailMukhi: I know what you mean. Ankita cannot do justice to the role of Nimrit and I've seen some of her serials. It just won't work!

@akshaaya: Agreed. You make some valid points :) What to do... *sigh* I am shocked and hurt by this decision 

@Yuvika: True. Replacements never work...maybe once in a full blue moon otherwise they fall flat.
@Julz: join the club yaar!
What an idiotic thing to do by the PH! πŸ€ͺ
Edited by RafAholic - 11 years ago
Originally posted by RafAholic

@Julz: join the club yaar!
What an idiotic thing to do by the PH! πŸ€ͺ
Dimple said she always knew Nimrit getting killed was part of the story!!.. then why the hell is there a new Nimrit coming in? Either way, i dnt care.. she was the reason i watching the show!!... Agni was the provider of those trps, anywayzz whatever i quit :(-

Waise today am only receiving bad news :( as you saw in my pmπŸ˜†
its sad they're going to replace her.I like dimple! guess ehmmbh will be my only show now!

sorry, im a silent lurker, just posting for the first time today
Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 11 years ago