Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

How to tell Parents we are dating?

Ani. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello everyone in this forum. First I wanted to say that I'm a first time poster and wanted to get some insight or advice from you guys in something happening in my life. Sorry its a long story. Thanks to everyone who read or replied to this thread! Really long thread.

I have been in a relationship for two years with my girlfriend. She is a beautiful Indian female and I am Hispanic. For the past two years her and I have been madly in love and have been well dating behind their parents back. This is something I didn't want to do but sadly this is the case. You guys can guess why we haven't told her parents. She's afraid of her parents when it comes to tell them something. Her parents are great people they offer her everything in a financial sense but they lack in offering her in the emotional. Dating is well against her culture.

The problem is now we want to move in. They have no idea that we are dating though ! This is going to cause a huge problem between her and her parents and I don't want this. She's willing to run away. I don't want this because than her parents would be seen as bad parents and would hurt their bame. They are wonderful people. Who I've seen but havent interacted with them.

Her dad and I are the same type of person our life story, and goals in life are EXACTLY the same. Everything that happen in his life has happened to mine, from losing one of our parents at 10 and having to help the other parent to run our family ran business. My dream career is to be a software engineer. He's one, and the main guy in one of the biggest tech companies in the world. Our similarities are astonishing even our relationships, we both started our relationships as a long distance relationship.

You do know what statistics say, a female is likely to marry someone who's like their dad. Her dad and I are different in emotional aspect though. I'm a very sensitive and caring guy.Everything else is the same.

I know everything about her, and she of me. Im the only one who knows she was nearly raped, and has thought of committing suicide twice. Those two times I'm the one who has calmed her down.

Sexually we both have waited, we are both still virgins. At times of course we get this want but we stop. I want to wait till her parents know about us because of respect for them. I plan on marrying her after I'm done with my second bachelor. My first was in business second will be in programming. Exact same things her dad graduated in.

I just need some advice or help on how we should tell her parents. Any advice from this wonderful forum would be amazing. Another thing is she's Muslim while I am Catholic. We both are willing to convert to each other religions. I know more about Islam than of my religion.