Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Shona217 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Another OS in less than 24 Hours! Do you love me or what!!! LOL, seriously, I'm not so sure about this. But, please do read and tell me how much it sucked.

Bringing Him Happiness

Khushi woke up on the bed to find him gone. Strange, she mused. Usually, Lard Governor woke up after her nowadays, to avoid fighting with her over the wash room. Shrugging it off, she made her way drowsily to the wash room, half expecting it to be occupied, but to her dismay, it was empty.

She didn't like it, not seeing him when she woke up. She had gotten so used to falling asleep and waking up to her Laad Governor's face. Stop being childish, Khushi, she chided herself. It was good that she did not end up making another habit that she would find difficult to break when her six months were up.

Changing into a red Salwar, she went down for the morning Aarti, expecting to see him at the dining table, buttering his toast, or maybe in the living room, typing away on his laptop, or reading the morning newspaper. But he was not here either.

Trying not to show her melancholy and restlessness at not seeing him, she tried to concentrate on the Aarti, and later, serving food to the family, but the knowing looks that she received from Anjali, Nani and Payal told her that they weren't fooled. No one else acknowledged Arnav's absence, which made her all the more fidgety. Did everyone but her know where he was? She couldn't even ask anyone, because it would be strange that he didn't tell his own wife where he decided to disappear off to.

She ignored the pointed and concerned looks that she received on the breakfast table, as she tried to take his mind off looming absence of her husband. After clearing the tables, she decided to go up to her room to pick up her phone, when her path was interrupted by Anjali.

"I know why you're upset, Khushi," Anjali said, smiling as sweetly as ever.

"Upset? I'm not upset! Do I look upset? Why would I be upset, Di? I don't know what you're'" her scoffs died down as she saw Anjali's sceptical expression.

"Come with me," Anjali said, leading Khushi into her room.

After comfortably sitting down on Anjali's bed, Anjali faced her and began talking.

"I know why you are fidgety and restless from morning, Khushi. It's because you haven't seen Chotte, am I right?" Anjali said.

Khushi looked at her sister in law through her eyelashes, and nodded once, reluctantly.

Anjali smiled a smile that seemed too sad on someone like her. "Today is Chotte's birthday."

Khushi's eyes widened. Today was Laad Governor's birthday! And she hadn't got him anything! But wait, why wasn't anyone celebrating it? Her every birthday was celebrated by her family as a grand event, and Babuji made his rare homemade cake that Khushi absolutely loved. She understood if Arnav didn't like noise and parties, but why did no one even mention it? Why did he disappear from the house early morning?

Anjali sighed. "I can understand your confusion, Khushi. We used to celebrate Chotte's birthday as a grand event, once upon a time. Mamma used to bake a cake, and Papa would take us all out somewhere, sometimes for just the evening, sometimes on a week long holiday. It was strictly family time for my otherwise busy Papa, and it was a time that we both looked forward to all year long, back when happiness ruled our lives. But then, a year before Mamma and Papa's death, everything changed. Papa confessed to the family that he had been having an affair for a few years, and that he had another family, which broke Mamma's heart. And not soon after, they both ended their lives on my wedding day, no one knew why. After that, he shut himself away from everyone, Khushi, and in the process, shut happiness out. Now his birthday is just a reminder of that dark day when Papa confessed." Anjali finished narrating the sad tale of her husband's past, leaving Khushi deep in thoughts.

"Enough is enough, Di. He shouldn't drown out his life in a rotten memory. It's high time he made newer ones, happier ones," she said, more to herself, than to Anjali. In that moment, Anjali realised how right her brother's choice in a soul mate was. She smiled in wonder as Khushi started laying out her plans.

Arnav stood silently in the near darkness as the moonlight reflected off the rippling waves of the pool, onto his face. He looked up at what he once was sure were nothing but distant balls of exploding hydrogen and helium. But that was before he met that girl. Khushi Kumari Gupta. Singh Raizada, he added in his mind, chuckling. His wife. The girl who had told him that his parents were up there too, watching over him, just like her real parents.

"Mamma?" he whispered to the sky uncertainly. A star, right above him, twinkled happily.

Somewhere behind him, from the house, he heard someone humming a hauntingly familiar tune faintly, and the tinkle of payals.

(Here's the song, for those of you who don't knw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfwpfJk2qw )

Gun gun guna re

Gun gun guna re

Gun gun guna yeh gaana re...

Gun gun guna re

Gun gun guna re

Gun gun guna yeh gaana re...

He turned to the French window that led to the previously dark, but now lit up Living Room, to see the entire Raizada clan, even Bubbly, the Prakash brothers and Lakshmi standing around a larger than life birthday cake, all looking as though they just returned from a six year old's birthday party, sporting pointy hats, whistles, steamers and whatnot. Frowning, he recognised his wife right next to the cake, humming the song, her face lit up by the light of the flickering flames on the candles on the birthday cake, and her 250 kilowatt smile that only she seemed to be able to produce. What was she up to?

All of a sudden, the low humming turned to full fledged singing, the whole place lighting up, the music breaking out in the background, and Khushi began dancing energetically, along with most of the family, and a sudden flash of Holi whizzed through his brain. How she had danced away all her worries along with him'. How, under the spell of Bhang, they had both spent one of the most magical moments together, in this very same spot'.

Maayusion ke chonge utaar ke phenk de na saare,

Candle yeh shaam ka phoonk raat ka cake kaat pyare,

Sikha na tune yaar humne magar sikhayare'.

Dumdaar nuskha yaar humne jo azmaaya re,

Aasuon ka chooran chaba ke humne dakaar maara re!

She stepped away from his family, as Nani came behind him to push him onto the poolside chair. His wife danced around him, cheerfully singing the ridiculous lyrics of the strangely familiar song. She brought a candle in front of his face, blowing it, moving her hips and hands in perfect rhythm of the song, in a mesmerising way that he couldn't take his eyes off. He had the urge to laugh at the last line, but his age old practice came to his rescue, allowing him to keep his face impassive, if not a bit irritated. She looked so ridiculously happy, that for one moment, he was willing to forget his perpetual sorrows, just because of her smile. He stared at her in a trance, which was broken as OP and JP stepped forward on both his sides, blowing pipes, of all things.

Hai sar pe tere uljhano ke jo yeh tokare,

La humko de de halka ho ja re tu chokre,

Jo teri neende apni nakhun se nooch le,

Woh dard saare jalte chule mein tu jhok re!

Zindagi ke ration mein gham ko quota zyada hai,

Black mein kharidenge Khushi ka pitara re!

She stood behind him, keeping him down by pressing down on his shoulders, sending the same shivers down his spine as every time they touch. Dancing, she sang happily, as Akash and Anjali joined her. His Di, even in her condition, sang with her, and Akash and Bubbly danced around his chair. Irritated to the core, he got up, only to be grabbed by the shoulder by Khushi. She mouthed the lyrics, scrunching her nose as she explained to him that life's rations contained too much sadness. But consolingly, she assured him that they will buy the chest of happiness in black. He escaped her clutches and made his way to his room, but found his path blocked by various members of his family, all determined not to let him leave without celebrating his birthday.

Tu muh phula de toh yeh suraj bhi dhalne lage,

Arre tu mushkura de chand ka bulb jalne lage,

Tu chup rahe toh mano behri lage zindagi,

Tu bol de toh parde kano ke khulne lage!

Ek bandh botal ke jaisa kahe betha hai?

Hal-e-dil se bhar dena glass ye hamara re!

He turned to see her dancing with Bubbly, truly looking like the incarnation of her name. Staring at her, he realised that nothing mattered. The fact that he was in love with someone else, that it was Di's husband, it was all meaningless. All that had any more significance in his life was the happiness of Di and Khushi. He realised that he had been holding on to his past for so long that it had started to grow on him like a parasite, consuming him. Before he was lost to himself, he needed to let go. Looking up again, he saw the same star as before, twinkling brighter. He smiled.

Khushi danced away her sorrow of the last few months, knowing full well that she needed him to be happy, and in turn, make Di and the family also happy. Turning from Bubbly, she realised that he was not where she'd seen him standing irritated previously. Alarmed, her eyes searched for him, freezing as she heard him right behind her.

Bindaas hoke har gham ko yaar khooti pe tang dunga,

Thoda udhar mein itminaan tumse hi maang lunga,

Sikha hai maine yaar jo tumne sikhaya re,

Dumdaar nuskha yaar maine bhi azmaaya re,

Aasuon ka chooran chaba ke, maine dakaar maara re!

After dancing around her just as she had done, he stopped in front of her, silently thanking her with his eyes. She smiled in response. She did it. She found for him happiness, his Khushi.

He danced with his ecstatic family just as he had done on Holi, except this time, he was not under the influence of any addictive substances except for joy, of course. He realised what joy he had withdrawn from them all those years when he saw the delighted expressions of everyone, even Mami.

Finally, after wondering for ages, he realised where he had heard the song before. It was a song his mother had taught him when he was quite small,

After cutting the cake and sharing a piece with Anjali, he looked around for Khushi, the person who was the sole reason for this alien, overwhelming, yet content feeling bursting in his chest, and found her standing a bit away from him, closer towards the outside of the circle. He purposefully strode towards her, cake piece in hand. Holding her cheek, he coaxed her mouth to open, gently placing the cake inside, his fingertips stroking her bottom lip as he withdrew his hand, while she stood staring at him, in a semi daze.

With a smirk, he snapped her mouth shut, causing her to involuntarily gulp down the cake.

As he turned back to Di, he heard her say softly, surely not expecting him to hear.

"Happy Birthday, Arnav ji."

He smiled. Today was a day of new beginnings.

My other works at::

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/54567951�

Meaning of the song, for those who did not get it, like me! LOL!

Mayusiyon ke chonge utar ke fek de na saare

(Remove the bundle of sadness and throw them away)

Candle yeh shaam ka

(Candle of this evening)

Phoonk raat ka, cake kaat pyaare

(Cut the cake my beloved, blow the night away)

Sikha na tune yaar humne magar sikhaya re

(You didn't learn but I taught you)

Dumdar nuskha yaar hume jo aazmaya re

(I tried a powerful formula)

Aasuyon ka churan chapake

(Ate the powder of tears)

Humne dakar mara re

(I burped)

Hai sar pe tere uljhano ke jo yeh tokare

(The baskets of tangles that are on your head)

La humko de de halka ho ja re tu chokre

(Give them to me and you become light)

Jo teri neende apni nakhun se nooch le

(Your sleep which is scratched )

Woh dard saare jalte chule mein tu jhok re

(By the pains, throw them away in a burning stove)

Zindagi ke ration mein

(In life's ration(grocery store))

Gham ko quota zyada hai

(The ratio of sadness is more)

Black mein kharidenge

(I will buy in black)

Khushi ka pitara re

(A treasure chest of happiness)

Tu muh fula de toh yeh suraj bhi dhalne lage

(If you frown then the sun also sets)

Arre tu mushkura de chand ka bulb jalne lage

(When you smile, the moon's bulb also lights up)

Tu chup rahe toh mano behri lage zindagi

(If you remain quite then life feels like deaf)

Tu bol de toh parde kano ke khulne lage

(When you speak the curtains of the ears open up)

Ek bandh botal ke jaisa kahe betha hai?

(Why are you sitting like a closed bottle?)

Hal-e-dil se bhar dena glass ye hamara re

(Open your heart and fill my glass)

Ho, Bindaas hoke har gham ko yaar khooti pe tang dunga

(I have become fearless and hung all the sadness on the toggle)

Thoda udhar mein itminaan tumse hi maang lunga

(I will ask for a little leisure from you only)

Sikha hai maine yaar jo tumne sikhaya re

(I have learned what you have taught me)

Dumdar nuskha yaar maine bhi aazmaya re

(I also tried the powerful formula)

Aansuya ka churan chabake, maine dakar mara re

(Ate the powder of tears, I burped)

Edited by Anukamath217 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luckylucky1 thumbnail
So. Nice and thank you for pm
-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
That was such a beautiful OS!πŸ‘

Awww it was so cute, Totally loved it!😳

Your a lovely writerπŸ˜›

P.S OMG Gun Gun Gunare! This song brought me back memories of SPA 2012 Sanaya's awesome dance! Awww thankss! (:

rima thumbnail
aww that was cute. i wish the cvs cud see what lovely scenes our forum can come up with through the OS. This one left me spellboubd. if they ever come up with something like this in the serial i wud be dazed. but sometimes the os far outclass the show and this is one such instance
saiqa4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
that was just amazing

can we pls have an update of part 2 for ths
pretty plsss
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Absolutely awesome os. πŸ˜Š
Koeli thumbnail
aww...it was so nice dear...loved it...touching...
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Lovely! It was a pleasure to read it 😳
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
That was so cute! It made me happyπŸ˜ƒ I wish they would show Khushi or Arnav's birthday in the show! And this is exactly how Arnav's birthday should be! Filled with Khushi given by HIS Khushi!πŸ˜†
.x-bumblebee-x. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ahh my favourite sing.of 2012 ... loved the OS..:)