TB:imagine tv shuts down.

ramsha_002 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Imagine to bid adieu !

Thursday, April 12, 2012 | 1:27:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    31 Comments
Imagine to bid adieu !

Imagine to call it quits !

Imagine channel that was launched by NDTV in 2008 with fervor has decided to call it quits.Imagine had tied up with Karan Johar and had him on board as creative consultant and a brand ambassador. 

Troubled channel was bought over by Turner Broadcasting System in December 2009 , but it did nothing the revive the falling TRP's of the various shows on television.

Grapevine doing rounds is that the two outdoor shoots of shows 'Dwarkadheesh' and 'Shani Dev ki Mahima'.When TellyBuzz contacted Saurabh Tiwari ,Producer of 'Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo' , he replied  -" We have not got any official confirmation from the channel."
Edited by _xCIOT_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

april10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I knew this would have happen but today only
Marvel-freak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
We all knew this was going to happen
Soaps1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I think the channel lacked sense of direction ... and was too impatient always but its sad so many people will loose their jobs  Edited by Soaps1 - 12 years ago
Aginaya69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i hope that those who will lose their jobs as a result of this may soon find one.  as for dharampatni, in a way it was a blessing that the show ended long before the whole station is shut down.  i can only imagine how the existing shows are trying to cope with this developments.  as for other channels, there are many others that are so-so in their performance.  given that now we have a channel that just shut down, i feel bad for the other channels too because that means they are now going to be very edgy.  the axe can fall on them as well.
pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@ Aginaya69

Very well said and heart goes out to those who would be jobless and I pray they get new jobs or miracle happines.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I had high hopes for NDTV Imagine. I remember when the channel launched.