Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article

Movie poster of Housefull 2

Next

There are films that are so bad, they're funny. And there are films that are designed to be funny but much too bad to care.

Lately, Bollywood's sense of humour has slipped to an all-time low with its display of doltish wit and outrageously slapstick content failing to produce a single laugh.

Sajid Khan's Housefull 2, which opened last Friday, was unanimously panned by critics with opinions ranging from 'shamefully bad' to 'for four-year-olds.' That it may have done well at the box office, is another story.

Here's a look at the 10 worst Hindi comedies to assault our senses in recent times.

Rascals

Last updated on: April 9, 2012 13:24 IST
this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Sanjay Dutt, Kangna Ranaut and Ajay Devgn in Rascals

Next

David Dhawan's tickled the laugh bone with many of his corny creations. Not Rascals.

The distasteful humour and idiotic gags of Rascals involving Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt make a blundering fool of themselves is simply inexcusable.

Thank You

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Sonam Kapoor and Akshay Kumar in Thank You

Next

Akshay Kumar hasn't done anything worthwhile since forever. And his presence in one dimwitted comedy after another just makes it -- tragic (for him) and tormenting (for us) at once.

In Anees Bazmee's apology of a film, he counsels Sonam Kapoor and a bunch of other wronged wives to fix their philandering husbands leading to two and half hours of absurd events.

Chatur Singh Two Star

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Ameesha Patel and Sanjay Dutt in Chatur Singh Two Star

Next

What's more disturbing?

Sanjay Dutt in that hideous wig and plaid pants referring to Rambo as Ram Babu or discovering how the man delivering the frothy brilliance of Munnabhai franchise doesn't have the sense to tell abominable from amazing?

Ready

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Asin and Salman Khan in Ready

Next

'Main kutta hoon. Yeh meri kutiya hai. Bow wow.'

If that made you laugh, you're in trouble, buddy.

Salman Khan's extraordinary fortune may have made a money-spinner out of Ready. But by no means can one call this Bazmee no-brainer a fun flick.

God Tussi Great Ho

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra in God Tussi Great Ho

Next

How do you take a perfectly comic script and destroy Jim Carrey's gloriously goofy interpretation in and as Bruce Almighty to create an experience that's everything but comic?

Ask Rumi Jaffrey.

He picks top notch stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra and directs them to give some of the most forgettable performances of their career in this wit-less, fun-less farce.

Tees Maar Khan

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif in Tees Maar Khan

Next

Khanon mein Khan?

Yeah, right.

Besides going down in history as Farah Khan's most severely panned comedy, this tacky remake of After the Fox features the likes of Akshay, Akshaye and Katrina Kaif screaming their lungs out.

Filmmakers fail to realise there's no humour in taking vulgar potshots at disabilities and sexual orientation. 

Golmaal 3

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Kareena Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Ajay Devgn and Ratna Pathak Shah in Golmaal 3

Next

Rohit Shetty's Golmaal wasn't a worthy namesake of its classic predecessor but much too harmless and often funny to protest.

The sequel, though exaggerated and loud for most part, had a few moments. But with Golmaal 3, the franchise hit an unprecedented low with its daft, desperate attempt to garner laughs.

Moreover, what's truly baffling is why did the marvelously gifted Ratna Pathak Shah sign up for such extreme nonsense?

Housefull

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Lara Dutta, Riteish Deshmukh, Akhsya Kumar and Deepika Padukone in Housefull

Next

The first one was just as bad. Here's the deal with Housefull's over-the-top, offensive content.

Homophobic? Check. Racist? Check. Sexist? Check.
Jokes? Let's see, Chunkey Pandey's called Aakhri Pasta while Akshay Kumar conveys a knack for inviting trouble -- like an out-of-control vacuum cleaner.

Lament out loud, anyone?

Buddah Mar Gaya

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

A scene from Buddah Mar Gaya

Next

It's a terrible day for cinema when skilled veterans like Om Puri, Anupam Kher and Paresh Rawal along with contemporary comedians Vinay Pathak and Ranvir Shorey agree to be part of an embarrassment called Buddah Mar Gaya.

And just to give you a better idea, there's Rakhi Sawant too.

To think it's directed by the man behind Betaab, Arjun and Dacait -- Rahul Rawail.

Pyaare Mohan

this
Ask
Users
Write a
Comment
Print this
article
Prev

Amrita Rao, Viveik Oberoi and Fardeen Khan in Pyaare Mohan

More

In Indra Kumar's mind-numbing flight to boredom, Fardeen Khan plays blind; Vivek Oberoi goes deaf whereas the audience is expected to play dumb spectator forming the Bermuda triangle of utter baloney. 

Laugh you do but not for the intended reasons.

The 1993 Hum Hain Kamaal Ke with a similar plot (also inspired from Hollywood's See No Evil, Hear No Evil) starring Kader Khan and Anupam Khar, despite the oddity called Boy Mukherjee, is decidedly more droll.

Posted: 12 years ago
Almost all Salman and Akshay's recent movies !!  Where is Chandni chowk to china..What genre does that fall under..
actually i did liked housefull 2 and ready too
Out of all of them I only liked Golmaal 3 and Tees Maar Khan.
'Main kutta hoon. Yeh meri kutiya hai. Bow wow.'

If that made you laugh, you're in trouble, buddy.

Okay. That made me laugh. The second line.  ðŸ˜†

i actually liked Ready and Thank You! ðŸ˜† 
TMK was a tortureee... I wish I could sue the makers..

What is this! 😲 A spoof of Chachi 420?  ðŸ˜†

I guess it would seem unfair if the whole list is cluttered with Akshay's recent comedies only ðŸ˜† 

The only movies in this list that I've watched from start to end are Housefull, God Tussi Great Ho, Pyare Mohan, and Thank You..I hated all of them..Some others, I didn't even have the guts to finish 😆

Sigh. Whatever happened to the Hera Pheri days? -__-

Bollywood makes one good comedy per decade seems like. 😕

Hmmm I havent watched all the movies but I felt Housefull n Ready were so so and I personally loved Thank You. Most of the others seem forgettable.