siva2901 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Awesome  yaar
I loved it
sparikh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved Anji & Imad's story...along with A/K's noke-johke!

-Sona
mumz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Quite a touching and sweet ending... loved it...great work
drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oh I loved Anjali and Imad's love story and glad it had a happy ending.

Loved the rain scene it was the perfect scenario for the whole Anjali-Imad story to culminate into the final chapter.

Great SS Mary πŸ‘

Dee
thecraze92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
We always go for stories with arnav and khushi as main subject, but I think this was beautiful! Yes they were a big part of this story but I felt more for Imad and Anjali. It was perfect! Good job ! 
rennie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
fitting end to a wonderful series...
T4YY4B4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved it!!!! love the way you write, keep it up!😊
GillRK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful ending to a beautiful story thank you I really enjoyed reading this :)
Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Mary:

I am speechless!  Still numb from reading this glorious chapter!  The pictures, too were so beautiful...Will come back and update in detail...Arnav's letter & the entire imagery of Ore Piya--with the dance of love-- are the highlights for me...

Edited~

"Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences." 
~Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

Mary, Sylvia Plath is one of my literary goddesses so it is only fitting that I am starting my comment with a quote from her for you!  What you have accomplished in these last seven parts is nothing short of AMAZING!  Your ability to mold your thoughts into an exquisite masterpiece of prose is commendable, my friend.  I don't offer praise lightly, but for you, it just rains!  So here we go!

The leather contraption catfight all for di...you know Khushi would LOSE no matter how many buckles!πŸ˜†  What a way to start the chapter (after that poignant scene with the Nawab & Imad)...I loved that Arnav overheard the conversation between the two; true to Arnav's nature, he has to hear it firsthand to believe it.  Imad's pain was palpable...The Nawab's assurances, so true to himself!  Loved his objectivity...no guilt trips, no condescension, just two friends talking like father and son...and completely understanding each other...I couldn't help but draw parallels between Arnav and Imad again, particularly in their read of the women that they had been with prior to the one's they had now fallen in love with!  Their fathers, too, shared similar pasts...Imad's "fallen from grace" comment was reminiscent of ASR asking Khushi on the show if his mother would be happy seeing what he has become today...

Of course, ArHi burned up the dance floor...everyone noticed and was envious...You laced Arnav's relationship with Ziyad beautifully here in the conversation between Imad and the Nawab...Imad has such a good read on ppl...He noticed the deference Arnav paid to the Nawab, and only to him...Indeed, the Nawab was the father figure for all of them!  Anjali, ever omniscient, ever vigilant, holding her eyes only on him...πŸ˜†

Dear Imad,

Please join us this evening for tea. The monsoon rains really make for a pleasant evening on the patio and Chachu, Mamaji, Akash and I would love to have some male company in this queendom.  NK is a traitor who keeps female company all day anyway. Just, please join us. I would like it very much if you obliged. 

P.S. I feel the need to warn you beforehand, your Darya is working on a "Rain Dance Party" with the children of the palace staff. She might drag you into it, resistance may (actually will) be futile. Bring an extra change of clothes.

Sincerely,

Arnav Singh Raizada

The BEST LETTER EVER!  So ASR, Mary!!! OMG! I want to frame it!  The NK part was just...🀣 "Resistance (actually will) be futile"--Are you a Star Trek-The Next Generation fan, Mary!?  I loved the BORG!! πŸ˜† Arnav has that affect on ppl (particularly his wife) wherein he can just "assimilate" them with his words...LOL!  "Bring a change of clothes"--knowing his wife, a thorough drenching is more than possible & while your at it, bring a few extra sets of clothes!πŸ˜†

Before I get into the Rain Dance Party scene, can I just say how wonderful it was that you included all the characters who are so dear to this show in it?  LOVED everyone!  Khushi as always the child among all the children...After talks of flu, Chamak Challo, LG's (the drenched "kill joy"πŸ˜†) garden dance floor debut, and a few moves later, we reached that most beautiful moment in the garden, in the shadow of that most rapturous song...Ore Piya...I won't even attempt to describe this scene because that will just take away from how you've penned it...Enraptured in every bit of it...Khushi and the Nawab integral in bringing Imad-Anjali into the "dance of love."  No inhibitions...nothing demanded, nothing returned, if that was truly what the heart felt...But in the end, triumph...away from the past, and into a new beginning...those tears in Arnav's eyes for his di tlly justified and finally of joy!

One of your best scenes in all the stories thus far has to be the Dadu-Ziyad-Naniji scene on the patio...Finally, solace for a man who had given up on his love all those decades ago.  Anjali's turn at love brought him a sense of completion...What a truly selfless man, Mary!  I also loved that Naniji offered him the ultimate compliment--that her daughter would be proud of what he had become...and that he could now release himself from any guilt that was consuming him about what he did to Ashleesha...I also thought it was poignant that of all people, Arnav came to get him for dinner...Just goes to show how much he really cared!

Ah, the wedding...the pics of the outfits were such treats for sore eyes!  Resplendent and beautiful...The "LG for now" convo was a highlight!πŸ˜†  The family complete when Imad asked for and took Anisha in his arms...Imad pointedly questioning Anjali abt her thoughts on him & Indian attire--very cute!  That last sentence...pitch perfect...Darya aka Khushi with her khushi...her Prince...captured picture perfect! Doesn't get any better than that!😊

As you can sense from my words, I have A HUGE SMILE on my face as I write this comment, Mary!  It is a bittersweet moment for me since I've been with you on this journey since the beginning.  I am still dumbstruck that you dedicated that first chapter to me...I will forever cherish that!  Your hard work and dedication to this series is nothing short of remarkable!  As I have said before, you have a gift, and may you always "live, love and and say it well in good sentences"!  Keep it up, my friend!  Cheers & Thank you!😊

Edited by Nandalala - 11 years ago
SiasCreations thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Mary, I'm sorry that this was the first opportunity I had to comment on your final chapter. Wow, is the only word that springs to mind. Thank you for writing so beautifully, and having such dynamic characters. The story was absolutely lovely and a pleasure to read. I look forward to anything you write in the future!