Come on...be consistent... - Page 9

Posted: 12 years ago
Awesome discussion...its hard to be a part of it due to the time diff...just to put it in a nut shell:

JEEMAN ARE NOT A TRACK...THEY ARE THE SHOW...PERIOD!!!
Originally posted by saraaa.

I am a VirMan fan myself. So why should I have a problem. 😆
We never said we that we hated having the side tracks. we only wanted about a few minutes of the sisters. JeeMan are the show. Not VirMan & ViriKa.

Na I meant to say MY Virman not the everyone's Virman ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜† I agree Jeeman are the show... but if we have always them as the main couple it would be boring... so sometimes it's good to have less of sisters scenes... and kya pata maybe Jeevika when she will come to know about Maanvi will feel guilty that she forgot her sister for some time... it's gonna be something interestng !!! ðŸ˜³
@Coeur2PsychoFMS

Get your point...all that we are saying is that if they are the main couple, do not side line them...the basic concept of the show is thr bonding so even if thr are no behna scenes for a long time...they need to show them atleast thinking of each other...this is not to please anyone but to live up to the usp of the serial that has always showcased the sisters love for each other...
Yup all we want is a balance in everything on this show, we want the writers to give equal time to everyone and that way this show will be perfect. It will be interesting when Jeevika gets into an accident but we just think it would be nice if we get Virika scenes, Virman scenes, Jeeman scenes all in one episode then it would truly be beautiful. Remember in the beginning we used to get scenes of everyone? It was perfect.
Alrighty, so just read the new spoilers...no comments but at least now I'm fired up to rant! ðŸ˜›

Where do I begin?! I don't even think I can properly express my disappointment towards everything going on in this show...be it the characters, plot, pace, screen space or balance. *sigh* I'll go one by one though 😛

The reason why I got attracted to this show in the first place was Jeevika and Manvi. Their evoking characterizations. Their extremely poignant scenes. Their unique chemistry. Their spellbinding relationship. Their epic love. I really loved the initial promos of the show; it was evident that Jeevika and Manvi were not your regular pair of TV siblings...their relationship was much more complex than that. I knew this show was made by Cinevistaas, a not-so esteemed production house because of their treatment with their past shows and past fan groups, but nonetheless, I gave it a shot.

I watched it. I loved it. The simplicity of the inital story intrigued me a lot. EHM has had the best pilot episode I've seen from any show. The opening shot of Rishikesh and Jeevika walking across, with the analogy of the waves to her relationship with her sister. That itself struck a chord with me. Then, we met Manvi Chaudhary, Jeevika's rebelious and loving younger sister. We saw the evident contrasts of the two main leads...some liked one but didn't like the other and vice versa, but in reality, it was those contrasts which made their relationship stand out apart even more. When Jeevika and Manvi were together, the whole world came secondary because for Jeevika, her Mannu was placed before bhagwan for her...and for Manvi, her Di was everything; she didn't care about anyone but Di. My question is...

What happened to these characterizations? I understand that Jeevika got married...Viren deserves some importance too, but what happened to "Manvi meri dhadkan hai...aur saansein bina dhadkan nahin chalti?" And Manvi? From thinking about her Di every two seconds to texting her Partner and worrying about his ex-girlfriend in the morning? What happened to "jis pal mein aapki yaad na aaye...woh meri aakhri pal ho?" It bothers me that the writers give them such heavy-duty dialogues when they can't live up to them when needed! Yes, Jeevika and Manvi were always about these cheezy dialogues but at least they could justify them through their actions! I don't see anything recently that can trigger me to feel that Jeevika and Manvi's relationship is really special.

The plot? Erm? Wasn't this story about "a unique tale about two sisters?" 🤔 All I see nowadays is them perfectly adapting to their own separate lives. I don't see how their absences are affecting each other. I'll get to their lack of scenes later but come on!!! These two don't even talk about one another, let alone think about each other! This has turned into a typical story about the separate lives about 2 sisters. The 'love' is non-existent. This show has turned into a regular youth show (Star One awakened in Star Plus' soul) IMO. I don't see how EHM is supposedly 'unique' anymore...we've seen both couples' scenes with different actors countless amounts of times. It just proves how EHM is fan-driven rather than writer-driven, which it ideally should be! I appreciate when producers do listen to their fans, but not to the extent where the charm of the show is sacrificed because of it. I'm not a VirMan or Virika fan (like the cast though) but I did appreciate both couples' as SUPPORTS to the story. When they overshadow the main couple of the show, that's when I start to get irked a little ðŸ˜› I have nothing against the writers giving VirMan a love story (in terms of the past, I had nothing against the writers giving Virika a honeymoon), but why can't there be a balance between the behnahood and the romance? Granted that you can't please everyone at the same time, but it's a bit worrying when they focus on one fan group for 2 weeks, the other for the next 2 weeks and so on. The show becomes boring and then loses its charm. Coming to the 'cancer,' Desi soaps are never realistic but this is beyond me! Wasn't the cancer track the supposed to be the main track? Its current treatment implies that it will always be the side track. Suddenly, Maya and her negativity (EHM & vamps?) has become more important to show than Manvi's, one of the main lead, emotions towards this illness. I didn't expect it to be shown realistically but *sigh*...it's being taken so lightly! WHY? This brings me to the pace of this track...has anything happened since the Chaudharys found out? Accident promo is lost in Narnia but is there no additional build-up to Jeevika's reaction? When Manvi was in Chandigarh, we witnessed a frantic, paranoid Jeevika...and then as soon as Manvi left, no development! This is what makes viewers lose the connect to the emotions portrayed. The JM bangle scene did the same thing for me...when Jeevika made the analogy to the pair of bangles and her relationship with Manvi, it kind of put me off! They didn't spend ANY quality time together because Manvi was too busy fixing Virat's love life to impress Swamini Bua (another inconsistent character). Even the Chaudharys aren't impressing me nowadays...have they forgotten that Jeevika is Manvi's sister? Does she not have any right to know that her sister is sufferring from a deadly disease? I'm surprised that nobody's feeling guilty about telling her...especially Beeji! She was so adamant on telling her once upon a time...seems unbelievable now. Nobody's scenes are getting to me...it's such a mess!

The balance of screen space...oh boy! I think everyone can see that JM have only received a 1 min phone call scene in the past 1.5 weeks (happened during the honeymoon too). I've read a few posts mentioning that calling everyday wouldn't be realistic...but my question is "are JM supposed to be realistic?" They're supposed to be UNIQUE (some find it obsessive and annoying)...it's THEIR love for each other that drives the story! If they don't have any scenes regarding their relationship, how are we supposed to imply anything? I can't help but mention that Jeevika has become a showpiece in the show! What is her actual role?! Folding clothes, cooking pakode, romancing Viren and worrying about Swamini's feelings?! KD isn't getting a chance to explore her acting potential (which I REALLY want to see...I know she'll ROCK) even though Jeevika has so many layers which even Jeevika herself doesn't know about (she NEEDS to find out now...no patience left).

It's really upsetting how the CTs are not utilizing the beautiful chemistry that Krystle and Nia have together. They share the most natural chemistry in the show IMO. The casting for the two sisters is perfect...but nothing is greater than the script. I'm losing hope drastically for EHM...I don't know how it'll redeem itself. Until the accident comes, I'm not expecting anything. *sigh*  
honestly speakin i stopped watchin this show wen they wer showin to much of rona dhona abt sis.u dnt have to show ur love by just crying.i feel till now der is no actual justificaticon of the title ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai.sorry guys, dnt bash me till now i actually dint  feel the real stron stron bond of sisters.i get irritaed seein jeevika cryin all the time.
Originally posted by fathima23

honestly speakin i stopped watchin this show wen they wer showin to much of rona dhona abt sis.u dnt have to show ur love by just crying.i feel till now der is no actual justificaticon of the title ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai.sorry guys, dnt bash me till now i actually dint  feel the real stron stron bond of sisters.i get irritaed seein jeevika cryin all the time.

lol Fathima are you a behna fan then? The intial episodes all the way till the wedding were amazing, the behnas shared happy moments as well as sad moments but now there are no behna scenes at all and if there are, they are just badly executed. You have to remember though that this show was promised to be a unique story about 2 sisters who can't live without each other and now we see nothing even remotely close to unique heck I don't see a bond at all. We all just feel that the show should be more consistent and well balanced with equal importance given to all characters.
Originally posted by canuck-umz

lol Fathima are you a behna fan then? The intial episodes all the way till the wedding were amazing, the behnas shared happy moments as well as sad moments but now there are no behna scenes at all and if there are, they are just badly executed. You have to remember though that this show was promised to be a unique story about 2 sisters who can't live without each other and now we see nothing even remotely close to unique heck I don't see a bond at all. We all just feel that the show should be more consistent and well balanced with equal importance given to all characters.
         dats wat i was tryin to tell u.its abt behnas.was very nice in the begining.loved watchin it even the shaadi evrython.but after dat it was kind of irriating.crying cryin, crying.i m both virman n virika n jeeman fan.so by showin just jeevika n manvi, it gets really borin. nothing differnt is their sis bond,it shud ve a story,dat shud be touched by evry sis,till now we dint c dat rite?.even i love my sis.i call her everyday.i make sure dat she is not into any prob.i share my prob wid her.i m really workin hard in my career just to  make her life better.dis kind of story we can c evryday.i know many who love their family sis , brother, ready to do anything for them, so cvs shud work on their story,sumthin difft.so i feel now present track virman is better,.well its just my view.u can agree or disagree.