Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay back. Hopefully the coffee will carry me through. I totally believe you not wanting to make a thread today Nur - see I didn't even ask har din jese! 

Thing is, it wasn't an out of line or bad episode per se - just quite underwhelming, you used the EXACT word - and well, Mohan's haircut toh had to disappoint me to the bones. I have an obsessive streak with haircuts I guess - and I honestly can't remember the last time I was a fawning over a male (fictional or otherwise) with tidy slick hair. The mess is just part of their character to me, and I always root for the unruly kind - hair, and boys ๐Ÿ˜† I remember how compulsive people felt about Kesar's hair at one point, muje toh tab bi woi messy wale maangte the ๐Ÿ˜† Khair - specific to Mohan's case, haircut just tames his look in a way that is not appealing to me. It's like taking away a spark from his character - and what a prelusive sign to his encounter with Rashmi tomorrow (wese his klutzy ways in the precap made me grin briefly! Trust Mohan to bring down a rack of pulses and what not at the mart ๐Ÿ˜† just in time to meet up with an old upturned nosy EX! Kya perfect timing hai, maan na padega boss ๐Ÿ˜†) 

Khair - back to today. Personally for me, the RM scene worked well. I do feel that the one thing I would have preferred differently is watching the entire thing in the span of a single episode, than in a carry over, because I think the flow would be even better, if not marred by expectation and speculation of an entire day in between! But Renu and Mohan were both FANTASTIC with their comic timing, expressions and whatnot! Mohan thoroughly enjoyed his prank, and it was hard to not enjoy it with him ๐Ÿ˜† I like how he mildly started at the mention of Megha's name for Renu's rescue mission, but how a moment later he was back to his whatever, bring it on mode ๐Ÿ˜† And MM expressions at the sight of each other at the station was well done too! In fact, I don't want to miss complementing the actor who played the SI! ๐Ÿ˜† He was so nicely and naturally chummy with Mohan - it was a great scene overall, effective in it's intent. 

And that's really where most of my high points for the episode end. Again, my complain is not about the events/matters dealt with - but just how underwhelming the execution was given how there was some significant groundwork involved in the making of today's episode, for future tracks. Mohan and his mother, Mohan and Rashmi, Megha in Mohan's house... quite a few first foundations. 

The MM scene was, frankly ineffective. I love Megha's smile, can't say half of that about her "laugh" scenes. And such a bad idea then, to actually focus SO much on the one version of emoting she is NOT so good at! I did like just that bit of Megha rolling eyes at Mohan and dismissing whatever the mystery prank was, and Mohan being Mohan dissing his whatnot smug delight keeping her guessing (oh Mohan!) and relenting after all. Then, there was just too much of lingering camera. On Megha's laugh. On Mummy's frown. Even on Mohan's captivation. Far too extended a scene. 

Nanhi and Guru's dance ๐Ÿคฃ Nanhi is such a cute little thing, the way she's got all these people wrapped around her little finger, the way she roams the place like she owns it, and the way they all let her, because there's just no other way of being around Nanhi - she's fantastic, and she's such a perfect Monu-mate, Guru-mate, Maa-ki-bhi-Maa and whatnot! ๐Ÿ˜† The little scene later where MG find Nanhi's clip was so cute too - the obvious nuance of her clip being found there, Mohan and Guru's respective routine like reaction - you can feel like Nanhi's part of the essence of that house, like her vibe is lingering around - and of course, however feel good that maybe to us, Mummy is rightly concerned. Again - Lady M, not disagreeing with all you say about the tackling of the content of this scene - I just felt like... I dunno, like there were more lines rattled off, than the effect delivered. Mohan's range of reactions from the moment he walks in on Guru and his mother feel too ephemeral to make an impact - and it's hard to say exactly how or why, because one scene I'm finding too much extension and drag, the next I'm finding too much diluted by transience! Overall - I would have wanted to feel more strongly about this scene, and I didn't. It was evident that Mohan wanted to assure his mother, but that his continual distraction this way or that was making his assurance rather in vain - but it didn't really hit me like a point. And it should have, I think, because technically, Mummy is VERY much in the right. And I felt more apathetic than anything else about her concern... like mehhh, whatever! She's just here for a couple minutes anyway - if these are scenes/lines Mohan is supposed to dwell over later - they had to have more impact! Again, throwing in Mohan's father angle right there in the middle of all else, with a nano second duration didn't work for me - there was just too much constant shift in the scene, I guess... I dunno if I'm making sense anymore... 

Anyway. Finally to Guru Megha scene. I have to confess, between these two last times that Guru has made appearance, his scenes have been ineffective for me. Whether it was phone number scene with Nanhi last week, or narrative of Mohan's love life Megha today. And again, I can't say what was wrong with the scene today exactly, but it was underwhelming. I should have been right there into the scene, feeling like Megha, about Guru's narrative, but I didn't. Perhaps too many teasers - but there are always enough of them, right? The impact just didn't register for me. I didn't feel like Megha, or like Guru, or even for Mohan of my own! Misplaced and again, underwhelmed reaction - very lukewarm, if I may, for a rather significant groundwork. 

So yeh. Still looking forward to tomorrow because the promo has been very promising - but today, well today was just another story. Easy to give a pass, minus of brief moments here and there...!

---

And for someone who didn't feel up for a comment, my rant ran long. What's new... ๐Ÿค“

xx

Edited by without-fathom - 12 years ago
Micron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Even I had a problem with Mohan-Mum scene. As Anu mentioned even  I was confused as to what her problem was? Is it fear of heart break or Megha cause she is a widow. I would like to incline towards the latter. She wants to see Mohan settled, so why not Megha if Mohan likes her? She herself said that Mohan was happy after ages๐Ÿ˜•. 

Micron thumbnail
Ramy, Anu...I did not think there was anything off with Kunal. I thought it was Mohan who seemed off with the mention of Rashmi. Even Guru said today that Mohan was silent the last time he met Rashmi...and until now when ever Rashmi was mentioned he goes quite...so maybe he is just so hurt he does not want to dwell on that issue any more๐Ÿค”

Well Megha will get the real story out of Mohan I guess after the supermarket scene๐Ÿค”

LOL Anu...my brain is working overtime today with all the possible scenarios ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by booosi - 12 years ago
Micron thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ramy25

You never know Usha. they might add in flashbacks tomorrow when rashmi actually enters the show. ๐Ÿ˜†

Hope not...cause as someone else mentioned Rashmi looks too old in front of bachha Mohan๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: without-fathom

Okay back. Hopefully the coffee will carry me through. I totally believe you not wanting to make a thread today Nur - see I didn't even ask har din jese! 

Thing is, it wasn't an out of line or bad episode per se - just quite underwhelming, you used the EXACT word - and well, Mohan's haircut toh had to disappoint me to the bones. I have an obsessive streak with haircuts I guess - and I honestly can't remember the last time I was a fawning over a male (fictional or otherwise) with tidy slick hair. The mess is just part of their character to me, and I always root for the unruly kind - hair, and boys ๐Ÿ˜† I remember how compulsive people felt about Kesar's hair at one point, muje toh tab bi woi messy wale maangte the ๐Ÿ˜† Jes jes...I vividly remember your DEPRESSION over Kesar's haircut๐Ÿ˜†...in that case, I toh wanted him to get a haircut but when he did get one it was like TOO SHORT๐Ÿ˜†...kya yaar...these ppl never seem to manage to trim it right๐Ÿ˜†...but yeah I understand what you mean about the mess just being a part of the very characters after a point๐Ÿ˜†

Khair - specific to Mohan's case, haircut just tames his look in a way that is not appealing to me. It's like taking away a spark from his character - and what a prelusive sign to his encounter with Rashmi tomorrow (wese his klutzy ways in the precap made me grin briefly! Trust Mohan to bring down a rack of pulses and what not at the mart ๐Ÿ˜† just in time to meet up with an old upturned nosy EX! Kya perfect timing hai, maan na padega boss ๐Ÿ˜†)  LOL I LOVED that...it's SO Mohan...bringing down an entire rack of stuff on himself...adorable little klutz that he is๐Ÿ˜†...Rashmi toh whatever...she has no appreciation for this unique aspect of Mohan...pshhh๐Ÿ˜†...can't wait for Megha to show up there with "aji sunte ho"๐Ÿ˜†

Khair - back to today. Personally for me, the RM scene worked well. I do feel that the one thing I would have preferred differently is watching the entire thing in the span of a single episode, than in a carry over, because I think the flow would be even better, if not marred by expectation and speculation of an entire day in between! But Renu and Mohan were both FANTASTIC with their comic timing, expressions and whatnot! Mohan thoroughly enjoyed his prank, and it was hard to not enjoy it with him ๐Ÿ˜† I like how he mildly started at the mention of Megha's name for Renu's rescue mission, but how a moment later he was back to his whatever, bring it on mode ๐Ÿ˜† And MM expressions at the sight of each other at the station was well done too! In fact, I don't want to miss complementing the actor who played the SI! ๐Ÿ˜† He was so nicely and naturally chummy with Mohan - it was a great scene overall, effective in it's intent. 

And that's really where most of my high points for the episode end. Again, my complain is not about the events/matters dealt with - but just how underwhelming the execution was given how there was some significant groundwork involved in the making of today's episode, for future tracks. Mohan and his mother, Mohan and Rashmi, Megha in Mohan's house... quite a few first foundations. 

The MM scene was, frankly ineffective. I love Megha's smile, can't say half of that about her "laugh" scenes. And such a bad idea then, to actually focus SO much on the one version of emoting she is NOT so good at! I did like just that bit of Megha rolling eyes at Mohan and dismissing whatever the mystery prank was, and Mohan being Mohan dissing his whatnot smug delight keeping her guessing (oh Mohan!) and relenting after all.  Oh yeah! The eyerolls were back today! How could I forget to mention those๐Ÿ˜†...it was good-natured exasperation from Megha's side today though๐Ÿ˜†

Then, there was just too much of lingering camera. On Megha's laugh. On Mummy's frown. Even on Mohan's captivation. Far too extended a scene.  WORD *sigh*...What COULD have been a nice scene was killed by too much lingering camera...*sighhh*

Mohan's range of reactions from the moment he walks in on Guru and his mother feel too ephemeral too make an impact - and it's hard to say exactly how or why, because one scene I'm finding too much extension and drag, the next I'm finding too much diluted by transience! Overall - I would have wanted to feel more strongly about this scene, and I didn'tDITTO! You've nailed what was bothering me about the scene.

It was evident that Mohan wanted to assure his mother, but that his continual distraction this way or that was making his assurance rather in vain - but it didn't really hit me like a point. And it should have, I think, because technically, Mummy is VERY much in the right. And I felt more apathetic than anything else about her concern... like mehhh, whatever! She's just here for a couple minutes anyway - if these are scenes/lines Mohan is supposed to dwell over later - they had to have more impact! Again, throwing in Mohan's father angle right there in the middle of all else, with a nano second duration didn't work for me - there was just too much constant shift in the scene, I guess... I dunno if I'm making sense anymore... *nods along in agreement* You're making perfect sense to me...We SHOULD have cared in that scene...yet we didn't...it had a "let's get this over with" vibe to it...didn't make the impact needed.

---

And for someone who didn't feel up for a comment, my rant ran long. What's new... ๐Ÿค“  LOLL itna toh banta hai boss...waise I also ended up posting more than I expected considering how underwhelmed I felt otherwise๐Ÿ˜†

xx

-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: AreYaar

@mohan-sun-naa: Arey I did read your posts...was just trying to get to replying to everyone...welcome to the club that's upset over the haircut...Jzee is the president of this club๐Ÿ˜†

@CraziestGurtian: You have a point about Aakanksha's laugh being weird in real life to begin with๐Ÿ˜†...bechari kya kare...woh aise hi hansti hai๐Ÿ˜†...

but jokes apart, Manali has a point about Aakanksha needing to work on making her laughing scenes more natural...I did feel she was better today in the laughing than some previous scenes...but the scene was shot badly today.

Yayyy... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  ๐Ÿ˜†
And yes, I did say i havent watched the epi yet so will decide about the editing and direction then ๐Ÿ˜Š... and yes she needs to improve, not only in this...but i feel sometimes she also needs to be a little more "reactive" in those spontaneous scenes...๐Ÿค” ... like those action-reaction scenes where she gets disgusted, irked abt mohan's random antics... ๐Ÿ˜› ... I feel so... cause its like I understand it is a very realistic, simple show and all that jazz, ๐Ÿ˜† but you gotta put that impact into it despite of how natural or simple you want the feel to be!! โญ๏ธ  Just my thoughts... ๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: booosi

Ramy, Anu...I did not think there was anything off with Kunal. I thought it was Mohan who seemed off with the mention of Rashmi. Even Guru said today that Mohan was silent the last time he met Rashmi...and until now when ever Rashmi was mentioned he goes quite...so maybe he is just so hurt he does not want to dwell on that issue any more๐Ÿค”

Well Megha will get the real story out of Mohan I guess after the supermarket scene๐Ÿค”

LOL Anu...my brain is working overtime today with all the possible scenarios ๐Ÿ˜†

It wasn't his lack of dialogues or his silence that bothered me...but expressions should have expressed more there...ki Mohan ke expressions dekh ke lage toh sahi that the PAIN over Rashmi is still there...it didn't come across in this scene...but yeah things should be more clear after seeing his actual meeting with Rashmi tomorrow.

LOL Usha, I'd say brace yourself for some FBs...pucca kuch FBs toh dikhaayenge of Mohan-Rashmi as a couple...I think I'm gonna find those hilarious๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...the actress has just started shooting for the show...thode time mein Fbs bhi aa jaayenge๐Ÿ˜†
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh btw anu...Mohan-Nanhi are now in my sig box ๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: CraziestGurtian

Yayyy... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  ๐Ÿ˜†
And yes, I did say i havent watched the epi yet so will decide about the editing and direction then ๐Ÿ˜Š... and yes she needs to improve, not only in this...but i feel sometimes she also needs to be a little more "reactive" in those spontaneous scenes...๐Ÿค” ... like those action-reaction scenes where she gets disgusted, irked abt mohan's random antics... ๐Ÿ˜› ... I feel so... cause its like I understand it is a very realistic, simple show and all that jazz, ๐Ÿ˜† but you gotta put that impact into it despite of how natural or simple you want the feel to be!! โญ๏ธ  Just my thoughts... ๐Ÿ˜†

I actually like Aakanksha's subtle acting style in general...a lot of ppl don't get that sort of subtlety right in soaps and go overboard...she's very good with nuance many times too...but yes I do understand your point about spontaneity in some ways...I wouldn't say she is very lacking but she can be a bit more 'khul ke' in some scenes so to speak...she holds back...I'm left wondering if that is cuz of Megha being this dignified sort of character or it's just a basic Aakanksha trait...pata nahin...but yeah she could work on being more spontaneous in her "happy" waale scenes๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunNaa

oh btw anu...Mohan-Nanhi are now in my sig box ๐Ÿ˜†

Oh yeah I noticed! I was just going to comment saying that everyone is using that MN waale scene ki avis toh I get a bit confused ki kaun post kar raha hai๐Ÿ˜†

Poor Sachin is out for a few days? Awww๐Ÿ˜†...I hope we get another great MN scene soon...there wasn't enough of Nanhi in today's epi to satisfy me either...and Addu toh GAAYAB hi hai aaj kal๐Ÿ˜•