Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

runes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: redapple1

We can see all kind of people. Who is real and who is fake depends on how many people you know 😉 Since I don't know even .05% of the world population, I can't say who is more real and make a general assumption.
But saying Gowri's character is more real than Anandi, and most woman will behave like Gowri is really an insult for being educated.

I agree. By saying Gauri is more real is a real insult to all women. None of the women I ve met are like Gauri. They might have some qualities but she is definitely not a realistic character. 
hppppp thumbnail
      To me...Gauri is more real because I associate more with Gauri than with Anandi. and mind you, I am not a psychotic criminal...😛

I think given Gauri's situations..I would have reacted more like Gauri (maybe not screamed as much as she did...but that's it)...I would not go around with a married man...but if situations disclosed themselves this way----and if I were really so mad in love with someone--I would not care if he had a past with another woman. I would not care much about how much mahaan was his ex, and whether she felt victimized as a consequence of separation!!..I would simply not want her in my present life...irrespective of how mahaan she is, neither would I want people around me to sing praises of her great deeds. If I loved a guy so much, I would want his family to accept me...and even if I would not be screaming at them or challenging  them like Gauri does,but atleast I would feel bitter in my heart towards them if they would not accept me.

As far as the title of "legal wife" is concerned ...I am not sure how would I react in Gauri's situation...but yeah if someone was so important, and so worth it in my opinion---the title of "wife" would not be more important than relation with him. For some weird reason--I don't even believe that getting some legal dwifey status is the most important achievement of a woman, and without that legal certification of relationship validity, she transforms into some unethical piece of shit.

Sans Gauri's screaming at all the people around her (may be I'd have screamed too if I were in her place...but perhaps not 10 out of 10 times...maybe 1 out of 10 times.)

When I see Gauri's situations...I feel very connected to her feelings, which I feel are quite natural, and could come to any woman I know. Though her screaming all the time seems unnatural...but I guess they have to show it to add some drama.

I don't think Gauri is an insult to womanhood...because I don't think I am insult to womanhood...because when I put myself in her situation..I find it completely natural to feel the same things like she feels...minus the drama.

On the other hand...I don't see myself feeling or behaving like Anandi anytime. Frankly I wouldn't give up my studies if I lhad the option to continue it...irrespective of an old woman nagging me in my childhood all the time, irrespective of anyone saying or doing anything...and no, brainwashing me was and never will be the easiest thing for anyone to do--even when I was twelve. I was quite a rebel as a teenager...and had my own mind even as a  ten or twelve year old child.In adulthood, if I had a husband who treated me like trash...perhaps I'd make sure he feels ten times more trashed by me. I'd be more worried about getting  proper alimony and moving on with my life...than strengthening ties further with his family...even if they were epitome of greatness.

Its not that I haven't seen women who have given up the will to make something of themselves...who have submitted themselves to the choices of their family. I see it happening all the time in my village, and even in certain Indian homes in USA...but I don't see them leading happy lives...I see them dissatisfied and bitter somewhere in their heart.

I am tired of the stereotype of ideal woman who is all submissive. Women can be happy  and lead very good lives even if they are not  submissive at all. Its about being true to your personality, unless you have a proven--criminal mindset; its about being what you are...  than emulating somebody else' standard, stereotyped definitions of goodness.

Edited by hima_123 - 12 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
hima   this is nothing big deal that if u marry a already married man  and then ur fighting for marriage relation ship.
hppppp thumbnail
Originally posted by: surabhi01

hima   this is nothing big deal that if u marry a already married man  and then ur fighting for marriage relation ship.

She did not know while falling in love with him that he was married. And if he had left his wife emotionally by the time she got to know. the reality...why should she sacrifice for the little possibility that he might go back to his previous wife...if Gauri were so head over heals already in love with him.
Panchi_Joon thumbnail
If gauri's character is more real i donot want to be like that and create unhappiness around me nor would like to let anyone like her enter my life,
surabhi01 thumbnail
i also know that she do not know while falling in love with him that he is married but when u know that he is married then ur love should be vanish u should hate him .suppose if gauri is preganant before marriage without knowing that jagat is married after becoming pregnant she come to know that jagat is married if still marry jagat then in today i would also support gauri because in this case she become pregant without knowing jagat is married .so why should gauri and her child suffer and face torture of society.but here case is different because out of intense love she married jagat her deeds cannot be justified.she could encounter love for jagya and this is difficult but not at all impossible Edited by surabhi01 - 12 years ago
hppppp thumbnail
Originally posted by: surabhi01

i also know that she do not know while falling in love with him that he is married but when u know that he is married then ur love should be vanish u should hate him .suppose if gauri is preganant before marriage without knowing that jagat is married after becoming pregnant she come to know that jagat is married if still marry jagat then in today i would also support gauri because in this case she become pregant without knowing jagat is married .so why should gauri and her child suffer and face torture of society.but here case is different because out of intense love she married jagat her deeds cannot be justified.she could encounter love for jagya and this is difficult but not at all impossible

what if you don't hate him...what if you STILL love him because he loves you and not his wife, and mind you---Gauri didn't knowingly snatch anyone's love...when she got to know the reality Jagya didn't love his wife anyway!!. Why sacrifice only to TRY to send him back to his wife...whom he anyways doesn't love!!

Yes the chance that this guy might leave you also might make you unhappy in long run...but everything makes people unhappy in the long run...there is nothing that lasts in the long run😛...in loving relationships people get sick and die eventually...in non-loving there are divorces and second marriages without guarantee to succeed, and yet there is a possibility for even such relations to succeed!! No relationship is a guarantee to happiness anyways!!  Why leave the present happiness if you are not really snatching anyone's love.
Edited by hima_123 - 12 years ago
runes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hima_123

what if you don't hate him...what if you STILL love him because he loves you and not his wife, and mind you---Gauri didn't knowingly snatch anyone's love...when she got to know the reality Jagya didn't love his wife anyway!!. Why sacrifice only to TRY to send him back to his wife...whom he anyways doesn't love!!

Yes the chance that this guy might leave you also might make you unhappy in long run...but everything makes people unhappy in the long run...there is nothing that lasts in the long run😛...in loving relationships people get sick and die eventually...in non-loving there are divorces and second marriages without guarantee to succeed, and yet there is a possibility for even such relations to succeed!! No relationship is a guarantee to happiness anyways!!  Why leave the present happiness if you are not really snatching anyone's love.

Even if she truly loved him, she should have told him to take a proper divorce with his first wife and then married him. Tht's wht a normal person would do. In earlier episodes she herself said that she wanted to focus on her career and then get married. Then why was she in a hurry to marry Jagat. I agree that there is no guarantee a relationship will last but in order to break a legal marriage, a guy will have to think twice. Right now she feels insecure because it is an illegal marriage and her husband can leave her at any time without any legal obligation. No women would enter into such relationship even if they love a person. 
surabhi01 thumbnail
so hima u meant to say if gauri did not marry to jagya then she might have become sad through out life.that means u want to say gauri life start with jagat name and ends with jagat name.then i must say ur gauri is very much emotionaly weak.she cant even have courage to protest cheater
Nach_Baliye thumbnail
I think Gauri's track is definitely more realistic in today's time. I know of women who have given everything up in the name of love, and would not mind marrying a married man again in the name of "love". It is realistic of her to be envious of Anandi and hate her due to her insecurities. However, what is not realistic is her going to Jetsar and threatening the family. A "normal" person would try to live their own life with the new husband, and in her case focus on studies and career rather than having a baby. The baby aspect is so unrealistic, isn't that why Jagya liked Gauri more because she was more independent and career-oriented? Not that Gauri cannot have a career after the baby, but they cannot even make both ends meet, how can they support a baby?

Anyway, Anandi's is slightly realistic in that she is living with her in-laws, women do that too when the family supports the first wife. What is not realistic is her listening to the abuses from Jagya and Gauri, and her becoming a martyr at their altar time and again.

What is definitely unrealistic is Gauri and Jagya's abusing Anandi. Normally the first wife would verbally abuse the other women and also her husband, in this case its the opposite, which I find totally ridiculous more so on Gauri's part, at the guts this girl has.

I can think of celebrity examples. Of course celebrities have a completely different life from normal people, but their lives we know about. Dharmendra stayed married due to family pressure while Hema Malini stays separately and has his kids. Amitabh had an affair with Rekha, but due to family pressure and reputation stayed with Jaya. In all these cases the wives tolerated this. Salman Khan's mother lives harmoniously with her souten, Helen. So there are some examples, but in each case the women look so unhappy - Hema Malini, Jaya, Rekha.
Edited by Nach_Baliye - 12 years ago