Bade Acche Laggte Hai

9/4 My take : Ajeeb musibatein!Done

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Today was about the two most important lessons for everyone who are looking forward to marriage. One, Questions of children directly follows the marital life and two, Never ever forget important days.
Anybody who's been married could easily relate to the episode. I for one, loved it. It was absolutely close to reality. And yes. Again. I forgot it was fiction.๐Ÿ˜›

Ram and Priya are up against the pregnancy crisis.Dadi being the only truly caring person in the KM makes the emotional pitch for the grand kid. Surely they are taken aback. Unlike most of us who were afraid that this would be a butchering of the leads characters, they indeed had major concern. AGE. Ram wondered abt being 70 when his kid would turn 30. And Priya hoped that they got married 5 to 10 years early since it wouldn't have been so awkward. Clearly they aren't ready to face the age barrier! And they know that Dadi isn't wrong to expect this too. its not an easy task. This leads to a conversation(FINALLY!) something that they carry on to figure out a solution.

Task at hand : Who'll bell the cat?[DADI!]๐Ÿ˜†
The first solution is provided by Priya who uses the buttering strategy to make Ram do the talking as Dadi loves Golu puttar. Dadi barges in at the wrong time and Ram ends up letting her know that they were indeed talking abt her wish.๐Ÿ˜† Panic doesn't really work well here. Dadi takes it as a positive note and leaves a fuming Priya to handle Ram. Their next obvious choice is Vik Neha and Ram makes an appointment with the counsellor duo for the crisis without providing details. When he jumps to taking credit for solving the crisis, Priya gives him an earful of nowhere getting near to the iceberg.

Ms World and Ms Bhubaneswar paunch gaye Cinema hall:

The Sharma Srs and Ayesha enjoy a movie treat in celebration of impending success[disaster to everyone around]. Ayesha Sharma is still flying high thanks to those ego boosting talks by Nih Kapoor. And she is happy abt the plans made by her family. Sudhir who gets more dialogues only duing the thinking part, ends up wondering that he solved the problem temporarily. He clearly knows the impact of Ayesha's meeting and Nutz reaction! Post the movie, there is also a kulfi date by the screeching Shipraaa who spots the vendor during the drive.

NA GHAR KA NA GHAT KA:

Karthik Sharma is surely heading to the nearest asylum. He doesn't accompany his family to watch the movie. And wife is definitely giving him a hard time for having to wait for an hour outside locked doors. While Nutz irritation was valid, Karthik didn't have much of a choice either. He is clearly in a soup!

It was interesting to note that Karthik had prior info abt the movie plan while Nutz didn't!

Neha ki gyaara saal ki shaadi:

Neha invites Priya and Ram to her place and is surprised that they are heading their way. She wonders if Vikram indeed remembered their anniversary which is then corrected by Priya. Neha lets her know the ritual of Vikram forgetting it followed by the kicking out of the home and the manana part. Can't believe that the man hasn't learned his lesson in 10 years. I swear that mine learnt it in 1 attempt flat๐Ÿ˜†

This also showed a clear difference in the importance of dates between men and women. While Ram didn't remember the marriage date, he surely was aware of the ritual. Priya makes it a point to let him know abt not being left scott free for such forgettful behavior. YES MR KAPOOR>.. Khud ka band bajane ka bahut shaq hai.. toh ek baar bhool jaye..๐Ÿ˜†
It is become more of a we know how it works out and he doesn;'t even bother to let Vikram know. PK gives him another earful of not being a good friend and asks him to inform Vikram abt his own marriage anniversary. Ram the obedient Kapoor calls him up to remind him of his drinks date since he has forgotten another anniversary๐Ÿ˜† Vikram profusely thanks him and Ram almost lets it out about Neha but ends up making up a diff story. And Vikram lets him know that the thanks is due to Priya and not him since she remembered it. When the call is done, Mr Kapoor gets another dose. This one for almost letting out Neha's surprise and foiling the plans. Aaj toh din hi kharab hain๐Ÿ˜† 

Harry mujhe chutti chutti de de:

Vikram worries abt the next day's Lonavala meeting and anniversary clash. He meets Harry who instantly recognizes that he is in some trouble and finds the anniversary. While she grants him the next day chutti , she asks him to attend 2 hours of presentations since he has created it. and promises no disturbance post that from the official end. Haye Haye.. She is such a sweet boss.. But wht's with working sundays too? bechara Vikram.

Flop plan wahi, naam nayi

Niharika Kapoor walks up to the confused Sid and Mamaji and assures her plan is on target. Loved how Mamaji was playing hoga.. nahi hoga with the flower๐Ÿ˜† She lets them know abt doing an ego massage for the middle class Ayesha Sharma at one end and Ishika taking Nut'z class on the other end. Aag lag gayi barabar and she is waiting for fireworks. Madam ji is soo confident that she is betting her last penny[I am not sure if she is kicked out, she would even be left with this] and is ready for a name change if this plan goes down the gutter. i tell you, she better run coz this forum has such love for her that naamkaran would be instanteously done for our botox gone wrong queen.๐Ÿ˜†

The precap shows Ram asking Priya about taking the responsbility and ViK Neha being apprehensive about RK and PK handling their children. But I think, with a few hiccups, these two would manage to do a good job. I like the whole idea of doing it for  their friends rather than having a training session of managing kids to decide on their parental instincts.

Overall an episode that has gotten our leads off the lovey dovey mode and could see a little spark of old time fighting convos. They understand the gravity of the situation and I think the spending time with kids might be a game changer. Imagine Nih's reactions when Ayesha's plan flops and she gets the good news,๐Ÿคฃ One thing is sure.. She would tell the grand kid not to call her Dadi since there is not much of an age difference between them๐Ÿ˜†

Goodnight!
Edited by fosla - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Angie...! So good to see you!๐Ÿ˜ณ

I liked 2day's episode, and it was really realistic!

But the best moment for me was, when Priya said 'Ram' with so much ease on call with Neha!

The nok-zok  was very cute... could have been cuter But damn the BD๐Ÿ˜ญ.. 
Only the way Ram-Sakshi can react to each other makes RaYa scene cute! 

whatever...! 
you know, I just saw the 1st talli Priya episode, before that RaYa tell the kids story and put them to sleep.. 
so m looking forward to tomo with double excitement!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by Priya_Fan - 12 years ago
pisces12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Appreciate your work. Will wait to read the entire take.

anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice take angie,i enjoyed todays episode.just need a little bit of romance to make it realistic
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Angie,
'Well begun is half done"You expressed the dilemna faced by the couple so well.๐Ÿ‘..Fears were logical  lekin yaar aaj kal ke zaamane me jab late marriages hoti hai toh jaroor bacche bhi late paidha hote hain..Toh embarrassment ki koi sawaal utt tha nahin .Men and women first want to settle well in their careers before starting a family...The problems that could rise would be medical and also as women age the strength /energy level to look after a baby  diminishes unlike a young mother. For the Kapoors that will not cause a problem as they can hire a dozen nannies.
There's also a fear  among couples who marry late that a baby could intrude on an independant lifestyle or their personal space..Life changes after a baby is born...also Ram's fears are not unfounded..yes the relationship would be more of a grandfather than a father.Lekin jo bhi ho want Dadi's wish to ring in true as the true waaris would be born and the sautela family leeches would be shown their place.
chitloner thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: avivakirk

Angie,

'Well begun is half done"You expressed the dilemna faced by the couple so well.๐Ÿ‘..Fears were logical  lekin yaar aaj kal ke zaamane me jab late marriages hoti hai toh jaroor bacche bhi late paidha hote hain..Toh embarrassment ki koi sawaal utt tha nahin .Men and women first want to settle well in their careers before starting a family...The problems that could rise would be medical and also as women age the strength /energy level to look after a baby  diminishes unlike a young mother. For the Kapoors that will not cause a problem as they can hire a dozen nannies.
There's also a fear  among couples who marry late that a baby could intrude on an independant lifestyle or their personal space..Life changes after a baby is born...also Ram's fears are not unfounded..yes the relationship would be more of a grandfather than a father.Lekin jo bhi ho want Dadi's wish to ring in true as the true waaris would be born and the sautela family leeches would be shown their place.

Thats the most important thing that Original heir will be born and Ram can't give more to the step-family.
avivakirk thumbnail
@ Chitra
I'm sure yaar the baby would be the redeeming factor in the bechedna scene looming up ...RAYA  would be caught by surprise and the evil trios last nail in the coffin...with the arrival of the waaris..
chitloner thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@ Chitra

I'm sure yaar the baby would be the redeeming factor in the bechedna scene looming up ...RAYA  would be caught by surprise and the evil trios last nail in the coffin...with the arrival of the waaris..

Wanna see Niharika's face when Golu transfers major share of the property to Jr. Golu's name with Ram and Priya as guardians.
avivakirk thumbnail
Originally posted by: ravichitra

Wanna see Niharika's face when Golu transfers major share of the property to Jr. Golu's name with Ram and Priya as guardians.

Niharika's name would not only change but she will  have a relocation of place too...Wow then Krishuji could come back to be in rightful place and be with her son DIL And grandchild...Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake?.
TVserialfreak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Niharika's name would not only change but she will  have a relocation of place too...Wow then Krishuji could come back to be in rightful place and be with her son DIL And grandchild...Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake?.

@avivakirk
Awesome thought...I am dying to see a scene like that...Mrs. Pouty Lips needs to get lost of KM soon...that would remove all the 'nazar' on KM...๐Ÿ˜ก