Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

What I LOVED: 9th April 2012 - Updated

Shalini76 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Back in January (Jan 10th), when Khushi and Arnav were a fighting and cribbing lot, I'd joked on LM's wall - 'It seems as if Beauty and the Beast have been interrupted by Timon and Pumba'.

Looks like someone took my joke rather seriously and brought the Beauty and the Beast back - okay, just kidding!

I LOVED it. Somehow, when the episode ended, I wanted it to start again. One of the few things, I felt I could watch again immediately after I just saw it.

Truth is finding ways to Arnav. Maybe there are more trust tests on the way. Hopefully he will begin to clear some of them now.

This segment is dedicated to one of my all-time favorite fairy tales.

The Beauty and the Beast

Arnav Singh Raizada, remember her story.

The Beast kept a garden, a garden that he held dear. She wanted the biggest most beautiful red rose from the garden of the Beast. But the Beast did not let her have it.
No one entered it and he shared it with no one. Yet he let her enter, though he disallowed her to touch any of his plants.

The garden is Arnav's sanctuary. It is his resting place. He unwinds out there. He may be a beast to the world, but to his garden, he's the care-giver. He allows no one to mess with his garden. Yet, to Khushi, he allowed. He allowed her to roam about his garden. Rarely any of even his family members have been in Arnav's garden. Khushi has been a regular visitor to Arnav's garden - his sanctuary; perhaps, she's become a part of it. In her absence now, he does not find rest even in his dear garden.

Arnav's big beautiful red rose - perhaps, his heart? That's all that Khushi wanted. Not his castles, not his empire, not even his garden... just one rose. But it was denied her - or so she feels. Well, Khushi, the rose was never given to anyone. But to you, Arnav was just about to hand it over, however there was a change in plans.

She watched him water his garden and take care of it. She had to eat with him, and he would ask her if she'd marry him, but she refused.

Arnav does not know how Khushi has watched him giving care to others around him, and not given it to her.

Khushi has had to dwell with Arnav; however, to call them married would not be appropriate. Although, their relationship and behavior toward each other has been 'very married', yet, the essential ingredients of a married life are yet to be put to use ' love, trust, understanding, et al. She cannot feel married towards him now. If he as yet cannot part with his rose, trust her enough to hand it over to her, she may live with him, to be married to him? She finds that unfeasible.

Each night when she slept, she dreamt of a prince, who'd ask her a question, but the moment he asked, she woke up from her sleep and her dream ended.

Ah, Arnav! This caught your attention. I nearly thought that you wondered if she'd mention the name you dread. Probably you did. But, surprise, surprise! 

Dear Khushi, your prince meets you, gives you joy and care, he asks you the question, but before you can answer, the dream ends. Each time he is good to you, you wonder if he's changed towards you, does he mean what he says, is he doing this because he feels something for me. But each time, the joy lasts only long enough for you to wonder. Almost as soon as the dream begins, it ends.

She did not understand that the prince and the beast were one. How could the prince be the beast too? He'd give her joy and then misery. He'd show her care, and then give her pain.

Arnav, she said the Beast and the Prince were one. Her statement brought back all the memories of the past few days. Arnav, you have confused the girl. And today, you saw how. Thank goodness, you related to her tale. One moment you gather her in your arms and say almost everything she's been longing to hear, and the next you shatter any dream she may have dared to have with you. It is very clear and thankfully you have noted that she does not understand why you are behaving the way you are. She has no clue!

But Arnav, I'm not sure if you heard - she did say that you were the Prince she dreamt of each night when she slept. You know what that means? I hope you have considered all of her story and not just the bits that you thought related to you. She is dreaming of you, Buddy. And she is missing your care.

How was a beast so caring for mute plants and not for her? He waters them, gives them nourishment, prunes them; but for Khushi, nothing? You have stated very clearly that you are unable to understand what's going on with him. How you fused your emotions into the story, and you have no idea that he understood all you said and all you didn't say.

However, the beast did not kill the beauty, because she was a good girl. Yeah, yeah! The goodness of this girl will come to light and the beast will turn into the Prince for good.

Moral of the Story

Learn the lesson, Arnav. Whether it is Prince or the Beast, all Khushi can think of, is you. Whether it is the best or the worst, for her, it is still you. She has no place in her being except for you - be in the finest or the pits. For your Khushi, no other man exists. Shyam is not even in the remotest part of her mind, he doesn't feature even in the worst list - for even in that list, there is only one record - Arnav Singh Raizada.

Learn the lesson, Khushi. It's been given to you once before as well. To get to Prince, you'll have to accept the Beast, as he is. All the while, be the beauty that you are - in every way. He finds everything about you beautiful - just be who you are. He'll be forced to question his beliefs.

Arnav-Khushi and the Pigeon Courier Service

We won't talk. But that doesn't mean we won't talk. We can't help talking. You see, if we don't use our voices, our eyes speak in any case. So now that we're officially not talking, what do we do? We can't stop talking - how will we ever live without bickering!

Idea! We will definitely bicker even if we have to employ the pigeon service.

1. We started from the point where Arnav was still looking around for his sundari - I mean his Khushi.

Aah! I hear her voice. Thand pe gayi! (Relieved! - This is the most boring, though apt, translation of the phrase. Literally, it means - the chap was 'cooled off' from all the stress/tension/anxiety.)

2. LOVED that he saw her, heard her, but did not interrupt her - We won't talk policy! Rather got his details from the other women of the household.

3. LOVED Arnav's reaction to Mami Jaan and Nani's inputs.
- 'Till Khushi has her own kids' - Arnav can hardly believe that one!
- 'She runs Tiffin service during day' - She's still on with it?!
- 'In the evening, she teaches kids between 7:00 to 9:00 because this time suits kids as they need to rest after they come from school' - Oh! She's chosen the time that I'll be home. How convenient! She's all set to avoid me. Dang! I'm not going to see her now on?
- 'The driver will drop them' - OH! MY driver is paid to pick and drop kids for my wife's tuition classes? This is the first of its kind tuition classes.
Arnav, not only your missus a business-woman, she is also into diversification. First she diversified Fashion House into Dabba service, and not she's diversified Dabba service into Tuition classes.

4. LOVED Arnav's Reaction to the screaming and the kids! What a ruckus! Proper Macchi-Bazaar!

5. Arnav, you screamed at Khushi, and yet, she did not respond. She turned away again. You called her again, but she did not respond. She is still not talking, Buddy; we told you! So what if you've seen it, she still ain't talking.

6. LOVED kids shutting Arnav out!
- Sundari! ROFL... OMG! That was SUPER cute!

7. LOVED Pigeon's Deal with Shaitan! How Arnav LOVED this convo too. The kid sure knows how to work with ASR - Deal!

8. LOVED how Arnav played with the kid. Arnav loved the fact that the Nikhil - the courier boy was scared of him.
- Main Harpreet ko khaunga, kyunki mujhe mere plants chahiye. Deal!
- Oye sun, Bahut Bhook lagi hai. Main soch raha hoon, Harpreet ka kya wait karoon. Tujhse hi kaam chala leta hoon.
- Idhar mere plants aaye, udhar Harpreet gaya.
Arnav you are going to be one naughty Dad - you'll teach your kids how to mess with their mom's mind.

9. LOVED LOVED LOVED that Arnav started the communication. He knows that she's not talking to him. Well, he can't have that. But he won't talk either - even if he can't have that either. So he does what any hopeless romantic would do - write his feelings, or in Arnav's case, his thoughts in a letter.

You SO want to talk to her. And you SO want her to respond.

10. Khushi, he knows how to get you to talk even when you have resolved not to talk to him. So you tell him right away what you think about his opinion about spoiling the kids.

11. Arnav, this response is what you're looking for. She's told you that you're the Shaitan. And how much that bugs you!! And you are SO not okay with that tag, especially when it comes from sundari!

So there goes another note. She has responded but -too bad, its been intercepted and we're not certain if it would reach you!

Others

1. LOVED the Courier boy! Actually, all the kids were really cute!

2. LOVED Arnav-Nani convo

Adding to Point 2 under Others.

Arnav and Nani Convo

==Updated Part==

Nani told Arnav that during the day, Khushi is busy with the Tiffin service and in the evening she's started tuition classes.

This is a nice way of conveying to Arnav - provided he sees this and perhaps later he might - that Khushi is not misusing her time in RM to spend it with Shyam. While  she is there, she has plenty of opportunity to be with Shyam, if she wanted to be. But the fact that she's busied herself in things that use up almost all of her time, and she stays with the family for most time, are pointers to Arnav that she's got nothing to do with any man - leave alone Shyam.

Also, as of now, Arnav can't get it why Khushi has to do all of this stuff. For the tuition classes, he probably feels that she's keeping out of his way. I wonder if he ever sees this.

==Update End==

3. Khushi is doing two jobs a day to keep her main job - staying out of Arnav's way. Anjali does not feel the need to work and Payal has assigned herself to the world's most thankless job - pleasing sasuma, even if it means laughing coyly at her jokes and following her around the house!

4. Anjali, are you about to do something to help the couple? Just please make sure you don't tell Shyam about it. Nani is a much better help. By the way, Anjali, it's okay if a married couple fights - the letter had nothing really offensive. In fact, it was rather cute.  You should have let Arnav seen it.

On the Lighter Side

1. Mami Jaan: Jab tak Phaati Sari ke personal bacche nahi ho jaate, doosron ke bacchon se man behlaye. Mami Jaan, apke mooh main ghee-shakkar!  Oh, I mean Sugar-free chocolate mud cake.

2. LOVED Arnav's expression at 'Phaati Sari ke personal bacche' - Arnav never thought that his kids would be called by that name!!

3. Aman must have been seriously hurt today:
Arnav: Aman, is there anything you can do right?
Aman: OUCH! After all these years...

Precap

Shaitan ate it! He was too hungry, and Harpreet did not turn up.
Edited by ShaliniDp - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

siddy9171 thumbnail
LOL loved your analysis. 100% correct about everything! Loved today's episode and your analysis just makes me want to go back and rewatch it 😃 And thanks for the pm! Edited by siddy9171 - 12 years ago
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Great post dear :)

One thing that really touched me was that it was Arnav (like per-wedding times) who started the chitthi communication ... He took a step to communicate with her since he realized she is not talking him :)

The only take away from Today for Arnav should be Khushi's declaration that the beast and her prince are same person ... Khushi is giving clues to Arnav - clues about her heart. It's to see now when he starts sorting these out.Edited by Omoraboti - 12 years ago
applenpeaches thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What I loved:

Precap- Shaitan ate it! He was too hungry, and Harpreet did not turn up. 🤣.

mirrored my thoughts!

zenjoe thumbnail
@Shalini

Arnav, she said the Beast and the Prince were one. Her statement brought back all the memories of the past few days. Arnav, you have confused the girl. And today, you saw how. Thank goodness, you related to her tale. One moment you gather her in your arms and say almost everything she's been longing to hear, and the next you shatter any dream she may have dared to have with you. It is very clear and thankfully you have noted that she does not understand why you are behaving the way you are. She has no clue!

But Arnav, I'm not sure if you heard - she did say that you were the Prince she dreamt of each night when she slept. You know what that means? I hope you have considered all of her story and not just the bits that you thought related to you. She is dreaming of you, Buddy. And she is missing your care.

👏👏 Wonderful!!!

Moral of the Story

Learn the lesson, Arnav. Whether it is Prince or the Beast, all Khushi can think of, is you. Whether it is the best or the worst, for her, it is still you. She has no place in her being except for you - be in the finest or the pits. For your Khushi, no other man exists. Shyam is not even in the remotest part of her mind, he doesn't feature even in the worst list - for even in that list, there is only one record - Arnav Singh Raizada.

👏 Great! How I wish ASR could learn this!

2. LOVED Arnav's expression at 'Phaati Sari ke personal bacche' - Arnav never thought that his kids would be called by that name!!

🤣

Precap

Shaitan ate it! He was too hungry, and Harpreet did not turn up.

🤣

Wonderful! 😊

khushisinghr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

all in all it was a gr8 episode,  plus no shyam so it was diwali.

good analysis again .
SS83 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Haha...loved your note as much as I loved the episode today!   👍🏼
Thank you for the PM 😊
4kdrama thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved your analysis. I for one wanted the epiosde to go on a little longer. They kept the continuity which was nice and used a beautiful story to convey her thoughts and emotions.

I for one am not going to jump to conclusions based on what SBS?SBB show. There obviuosly will be days that the CV's deviate , but hopefully this tone that has been set wil continue.

Kudos to barun Sobti, Sanaya Irani and those wonderful kids.
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Another bang on analysis as always... I loved today,

1. Nikhil, the negotiator - This kid could be ASR's future kid with Khushi. Protective of mom (Khushi) and dared to negotiate a deal with dad (shaitan) to remove competition (Harpreet) in spite of intimidation ...

2. ASR - What? Khushi no talking? I gotta make her talk... I will send chicken scratches love letter... err... I mean hate letter. That should raise her temper enough to answer back..

Bingo... pat on the back... got her letter back.. now reply something nasty again so she gets angry and reply back... 

3. Manorma mami - Jab tak uske personal bachhe na ho, oo doosro ke bachhe se man behlayee - ASR's face (Humm.. I bet, Khushi's kids will be like her... totally stupid... so I will discipline them and teach them to be practical... I will... hold the thought... what am I thinking... our kid? no way... Khushi will never agree... errr I mean I will never agree)

LOL... 🤣

tingting thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
haahhahah... 🤣 awesome writting..loved it...sooo funny 🤣🤣