Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Jzee, my mind is a little slow right now...you have to tell me stuff more DIRECTLY for it penetrate through my thick brainπŸ˜†...@bold: Ok now I get what point you were trying to make...hmmm so basically a chance for Mohan to reflect upon whether he really is happy being a carefree bachelor and if he hasn't missed out on something by not basaaoing a ghar and having a family and the works?πŸ˜†...Interesting...and I guess they will show him ULTIMATELY dwelling on that...long term I think...but initially this is going to be about Rashmi and the hurt she's caused which does run deep...I would find it sweet to see Megha being a wonderful FRIEND to him through this phase first...mutual comfort and trust as you said...that is their USP...

I'm so tempted to avi MM's eye communications today to highlight that...that is MM at their best...woh essence banaa rehna chahiye...

LOL yeah mopey toh I used generally...brooding would be better I guess...basically what I meant is that we're going to see a vulnerable and hurt Mohan in the course of this...that heartbreak that basically shattered him at some point will now come to the fore again as unpleasant memories have been revived.

Do ittt!! :D :D 

WORD on this being their essence. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Ok final goodnight. πŸ˜³ :D πŸ€—
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

Awww πŸ€— 

And no ways...the maatey term is only appropriate for you.  I am really not half as eloquent or bang on as you are. But if you mean 'matey' in the sense of lengthy blabbering phir toh I can def. give you company in that department. :P πŸ˜† 

Yaar I'm not getting into this to and fro volley. But you can quit being modest now ! πŸ˜† Over the concern of length, LOL, let's call Fivraa to join in for the triumvirate πŸ˜† Words would feel so ignored if it wasn't for verbose people πŸ˜Ž

🀣 Oh this def. makes it even more hilarious! This chingum is such a backup/safety option for Mohan in these awkward times. πŸ˜† Bichara aur kare bhi toh kya...chalo chingum hi khareed leta hoon. πŸ˜† And the fact that these two always seem to stop at that specific uncle's chingum shop. πŸ˜† 

Waisse, I think I remember chingums being sold individually in India too no? Remember those individual ones that had this little joke/comic strip inside them? πŸ˜† Those are the ones Mohan buys clearly. 

Great analysis of Mohan's chingum buying habits here JZ. :D 

Acha I'm not aware of comic strips wale chingums, but if they sell those in India, I bet Mohan toh wohi khareedta hai πŸ€£ 

Oh great point JZ. Yeah that contrast is very interesting. You can just see how these two would become a support system for one another eventually. The process has already started. That to me is what I look forward to watching in terms of love stories. When we can see two people supporting each other in this way...where you can see that relationship progression long term...and two people helping each other grow as individuals...helping each other bring out their full potentials. Really completing each other in that sense...regardless of how cliched this statement is. And it is so rare to see this kind of development/sensitivity with love stories on Indian TV. I really hope this sweetness and CARE is maintained with MM's evolution and story. 

Word to the bold. There's just something very real about balanced and equated love stories. And NBT thus far is really living up to that aspect - with all the scope to continue with it too - let's hope! I like how the strengths and weaknesses of both characters show a steady graph here. They don't either seem to suddenly sprout up extra power glands the way most TV leads do... and that's a relief. They're shown banking entirely on traits that were always hinted at, or seem very credible as part of their person. 

Oh yeah! Intuitive understanding is SO the phrase!! Really...yeh dono ki intuition hi toh hai na? I mean it's our gut feelings only that make us reach forward..trust someone. And that concept of faith again...it's on an intuitive level only na? So I think until two people can have that intuitive kind of understanding between one another, they really can't have that kind of FAITH, that kind of confidence or trust in each other. Hope that makes sense and it is not just a random/half-baked si thought in my head. 

And really great point about Megha and Mohan's fundamentals as characters. MM's story only started on that note na? The first impressions. Mohan himself had that impression about Megha after hearing Nanhi's monologue from that "Udaas TV" bit. πŸ˜† He himself had this impression that Megha was this dukhiyari widwa and all needing sympathy. It was only after his interactions that he got to admire her strength. And really that admiration has become so subconscious and acceptable to him now. That he has no hesitation regarding Megha's capabilities and his confidence in her. And similarily with Megha too...she had the exact misconception regarding Mohan as well...just like everyone else. πŸ˜†And now, like you said, they HAVE reached a mini milestone indeed. And I love that connection you made with this three month anniversary thing too. πŸ˜† In a way their story is about overcoming these prejudices...these first impressions and misconceptions and getting to know each other. It's because both Megha and Mohan's background is so interesting too. That it evokes these kinds of misconceptions in society. Megha being the widow and Mohan living this carefree, adventurous reporter life. Megha being so family ingrained and Mohan being a bachelor who has consciously had a disagreement with his family (mainly his dad apparently). These backgrounds themselves provide such a great premise for their story to progress upon. And both Megha and Mohan have this similar trait...of defying societal norms in a way. But they have different ways of doing this. 

So anyways...going off on random tangents here...but really SO much scope for this story to progress upon. I really hope it's handled well and all the connecting relationships too are given the required footage and care. 

So interestingly even the fact that Mohan took less time overcoming first impression of Megha, than Megha did for him, is also more justified than trite - because given Mohan's worldly wisdom, and general unbiased approach in life, he ought to have seen through sooner. Besides, he did trust "evidence" over his gut faith in her word once, and realized. 

Megha's lack of stepping into the world prior to now, so much of her own, is reflected in how she started off with some very obvious opinions about Mohan, consolidated by all those Murphy inspired situations Mohan always happens to be in the middle of, such that it's actually taken an eye opening revelation for her to see the Mohan Bhatnagar for the guy he really is! And yet, despite all her whimsical opinions of his prior to this, the fact that Megha had been able to place intuitive trust in Mohan is evidence of how it takes one to recognize one - between such simply core inside out genuine people! And the point of conversation at the dhaba where Megha told Mohan how she should have trusted him was like a circle being completed, because Mohan had chided himself for the same in the Rangreza episode. They both formed first obvious impressions - and took their respective time and events to overcome the same - but beneath it was always some level of instinctive knowing that they were made of similar fundamentals. 

🀣 JZ kya yaad dila diya! I love that Shishupal scene from Mahabharat. LOL Yep yep, I see your point about how this fits with our Mohan too. lol Ok your insight with connecting Mohan with Krishna is now really making me wonder whether this name chosen for this character was intentional. And really if they do love associating Mohan with some God...then why haven't they chosen Krishna yet? πŸ˜† Seconding Anu here...lol...perhaps this is the next God in line. :P πŸ˜†

Yaar I know! In fact Mohan is so not Shiva and Rama - in specifics of traits - he is so much Krishna! But like I said to Nur, Janamashtami is a while to go na abhi πŸ˜†
P.S. JZ...I love the text in your sig box. πŸ˜

Oh I see. Oh haan, I do remember hearing of that book/movie of course but I've never read/watched it so I wouldn't know. But that text is totally appropriate for that MM scene. And even that Gulaal-Kesar scene...though I haven't seen it...I can understand the context of it. 

Acha - strongly recommended in that case. The movie for sure, and if you're the reading kind then start with the book as a MUST. 

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Merc_Nary

As usual I am late but my thoughts on today's episode. The things like first part of the episode are the ones that attract me to this show.  From my perspective a good subtle message was given.

In Management training on Leadership, one of things that is drummed into the head is "to establish trust you need to reinforce the beliefs". For a leader or anybody it is not only important to propagate a belief but also through visual/verbal methods convey to his friends/supporters to have faith in that belief.

The belief in this case being if you are not in the the wrong, go with head held high and face the world. On three occasions through visual indications Mohan was urging Megha to have faith.

I interpreted the expression of joy that Megha had as the fact that the belief which Mohan explained in that tea shop was vindicated. She went eyeball to eyeball with Pratik and  stared him down. As shown Pratik never expected her to be in office, but she came and came with some attitude.

The dismissal of the apology was just to get the incident over and done with and nothing more. These are subtle things but they go a long way in establishing trust. Am glad that CVs kept it realistic and did not go OTT.

Coming to Mohan and Pratik, I guess the battle lines are drawn now. It's going to be interesting, Mohan is street smart but Pratik has the position of authority. Pratik would also have realized that MM will be a bit close now after the incident and would use the Amar's wrong report as the means to drive a wedge between them. So it's all the more important that through these subtle moments Megha has enough trust built up on Mohan that when Pratik will eventually try his divisive stuff they can counter.  Let's see how this pans out

Lovely points!πŸ‘...Especially liked what you pointed out about Management training in leadership and the reinforcing of that belief in yourself.

The first 2-3 minutes with MM were basically a great example of what makes this show lovely...beautifully executed scene.

And yes the battle lines are definitely drawn now b/w Mohan and Prateek...it's Mohan's street smarts v/s Prateek's position of power...Megha trusts Mohan now so I don't think any of Prateek's tactics will work easily unless he finds something to use as leverage over either Mohan or Megha...time will tell.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

Do ittt!! :D :D 

WORD on this being their essence. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Ok final goodnight. πŸ˜³ :D πŸ€—

DoneeeπŸ˜†

Aakanksha can be so FANTASTIC with subtle expressions...brilliant emoting in this scene with the perfect subtlety...nothing OTT...πŸ‘πŸ‘...and Kunal toh hai hi superb at this...when two actors can play so well off of each other without even any dialogue b/w them, they deserve solid praise...an entire conversation without any words.
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nurrr!!! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

Thank god that I was checking this thread before going off...Love ya for this!! πŸ€—
without-fathom thumbnail

Jzee, my mind is a little slow right now...you have to tell me stuff more DIRECTLY for it penetrate through my thick brainπŸ˜†...@bold: Ok now I get what point you were trying to make...hmmm so basically a chance for Mohan to reflect upon whether he really is happy being a carefree bachelor and if he hasn't missed out on something by not basaaoing a ghar and having a family and the works?πŸ˜†...Interesting...and I guess they will show him ULTIMATELY dwelling on that...long term I think...but initially this is going to be about Rashmi and the hurt she's caused which does run deep...I would find it sweet to see Megha being a wonderful FRIEND to him through this phase first...mutual comfort and trust as you said...that is their USP...

I'm so tempted to avi MM's eye communications today to highlight that...that is MM at their best...woh essence banaa rehna chahiye...

LOL yeah mopey toh I used generally...brooding would be better I guess...basically what I meant is that we're going to see a vulnerable and hurt Mohan in the course of this...that heartbreak that basically shattered him at some point will now come to the fore again as unpleasant memories have been revived.

@bold - well not all that long term/cliche - but more like introspect and perhaps revisit this extreme cynicism he holds onto, not letting anyone invade his inner circumference? Like find himself speculating about how and why he is so averse to the idea of actually having someone in his life? So that the encounter with Rashmi becomes a closure and a beginning the same go. Closure on Rashmi front realizing that she never was the one, like a reaffirmed fact where whatever has lingered on him so far finally and completely evaporates. And a beginning where he starts to think of the "make believe" kind of life that Megha acted out and silenced Rashmi with. Realizing how parting ways with Rashmi was right, but shutting himself was not. How the trade off in becoming an extreme cynic has involved letting go of any balancing semblance of idealism. And you know, sort of just reinvent the inception of actually having someone to share his life with. Marriage, rituals, wo sab chodo - but the loneliness he has held onto, someone to dispel it. And of course, consequently realizing how Megha is that someone... 

^^ i realize that sounded romanticized at some level of description, but I'm intending for the introspection to go along more practical lines. Of this innate need as a human to not be a loner. And to not confine himself to this sworn independence to a point where it goes beyond defining him, and starts to suffocate him instead! 
without-fathom thumbnail
ps: Nur, yes yes , please do avi those moments between them! Tomorrow, if you're too tired now, which you probably are! 

On which note, I should finally log off and get some work done. Even if only from home. πŸ€“

Later fellas! 

xx
shamil thumbnail

Arey kyun yaar? Jhoota Singh ji must have something to say...come on nowπŸ˜†...

anu, u very well know  JS needs a different kind of 'inspiration 'πŸ˜†  
was having a glorious time in the ktlk  forum;but modji gave a warning saying I was ;mocking' SK/MB fansπŸ˜†. boriya bistar ke saath wahaan se chal padiπŸ˜›.
love this show coz its different (at the moment) and I hope JS stays away..πŸ˜†

jokes apart, I get time to watch the show only the next day and by the time I come here , everyone wud have done their analysis and I  just keep on clicking the like button. why repeat the same stuffπŸ˜†
By the way it was only yesterday i realised u are the one who is uploading those beautifulmoments from the show. A biggg thank uπŸ€—
shamil thumbnail
Originally posted by: without-fathom

Hola Shamil! You were on the KTLK forum, right? I think you were, from my exceedingly brief stint there... 

Pallo - randomness is the ishtyle on this forum πŸ˜† Shouldn't you know that?! πŸ˜›

yeah we have met at the khichdi forumπŸ˜† 
palloπŸ€—  happy to see u and other IBL members hereπŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: without-fathom

^^ i realize that sounded romanticized at some level of description, but I'm intending for the introspection to go along more practical lines. Of this innate need as a human to not be a loner. And to not confine himself to this sworn independence to a point where it goes beyond defining him, and starts to suffocate him instead! 

It would be lovely if they showed that, Jzee...chalo dekhte hain how they show it...I think these are long term things though...I don't see any immediate really profound introspection happening from Mohan's end.