Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: --Anna--

Sathya!! πŸ€— I really really love you for putting the Redux so early!  Dot 11:30 and REDUX was up!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Now coming to your analysis (I will wait for the rest πŸ˜›) I loved how you started with the quotes from B & B. 

"Yes, yes," said the Beast, "my heart is good, but still I am a monster."

"Among mankind," says Beauty, "there are many that deserve that name more than you, and I prefer you, just as you are, to those, who, under a human form, hide a treacherous, corrupt, and ungrateful heart." 

Brilliant lines and completely apt for Arnav and Khushi. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ The episode was awesome - if I loved Heer Ranjha - today I loved Beauty and the Beast too. No  - it did not make me cry - but it did make me happy. And I will say why in my analysis. Coming to your analysis - I personally did not understand the whole scene of Arnav coming and scaring Khushi - that scene was something that I could not understand - apart from yes - she was scared to see him - but I love the significance and analysis you have presented for this scene. Explains a lot! 

The next scene... Khushi is under the impression that Arnav is a monster and she continues to think so and it is only when a light beams on does she see Arnav Singh Raizada ..in other words..Khushi is in dark and is not cognizant of the real Arnav, does not understand that her heart has already been taken over ..it is when she switches on  the light, she becomes aware of Arnav ..of the man who resides in her heart .. she does not acknowledge him yet, shuts him out but has not refused him either ..

The other moment I liked was when Khushi slowly begins to withdraw her hand after raing it to challenge Arnav...The hand holds the mask of the beast.. Khushi  it is who is slowly pulling out the beast  within Arnav Singh Raizada .. it will not be easy  but yes, she has begun the process of De-Beasting him by gently pulling out the beastly traits  with her love and patience..

@Bold lines - love them!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Loved the rest of the analysis also Sathya! πŸ‘

Coming to my analysis :-

Sundari and Shaitaan - the story of Beauty and the beast to be exact. I have always believed that this is what is the basic story of Iss Pyaar Ko kya naam doon is with only twists and turns added to create situations.

We all know what was the basic story of beauty and the beast - A beautiful girl goes into the palace of the beast to save her father from the beast's wrath and sacrifices herself by doing that. The beast is nothing but an arrogant and ruthless monster - who does nothing but scare the beautiful girl - only to fall in love with her. Similarly - the girl also falls in love with the beast - forgiving all his bad qualities and making him a human.

What is different with Arnav and Khushi!? Nothing - Khushi marries Arnav to save her sister's married life, he has a secret that he chooses not to share and he behaves like an arrogant monster and inspite of all the hatred that he plans to give her - he is falling more in love with her - just like how much hatred she thinks she has for him is nothing but her love for him. They will meet - Khushi will do what she is here to do - she has already changed the once ruthless man and made his heart believe in love - she will do it in the future also - she will take him from this darkness and into light - and she is the only one who can do it.

SHAITAAN and SUNDARI EQUATION aka ARNAV and KHUSHI EQUATION πŸ˜‰

Started off where we left off on Friday - Arnav looking for Khushi - worried and tensed where Khushi was. And then comes the voice that he had been waiting to hear - but would never admit to himself. And what does he see!? Khushi with her chillar party. And what does he do - he does not confront her - does not disturb her in her own space - but goes to look for his answers somewhere else and he finds the answers by Nani.

What was good in this scene was Arnav's not disturbing Khushi at all and barging into her space and questioning her. Knowing Arnav - he would very well have done that and created a ruckus over it. Instead - he let her go on with what she was doing and sought his answers elsewhere. Again the small conversation between Nani and him was a sign to Arnav's childhood. No we were not told about it in detail - but nevertheless it can be guessed that he must have been a naughty kid.

Then comes my favorite part of the episode. We have seen confession from Arnav many a times and I will add this did not make me cry like the one Arnav did in the Heer-Ranjha act - Nevertheless it was beautiful! There were many reasons on why I liked the whole Arnav and Khushi story in the form of Sundari and Shaitaan.  Every single dialogue was well thought of - every emotion was well shown - everything was just perfect. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

If there is anything I have wanted from the show - it is to see Khushi's side of feelings which everyone knows is very rarely shown to us - however today was a start and a good start! If there was anything beautiful in this scene - it was the state of confusion that Khushi is in - for the first time I could see that she knows that her shaitaan and her rajkumar is the same person - she knows that she wants to be with the rajkumar in him - but what is stopping her is the shaitaan in him.

Every little detail that Khushi mentioned about the Shaitan was about Arnav - about his habits - about his demands - the habit of watering plants and loving them - her own habit of standing far away and looking at him when he is taking care of his prized possession - I felt she meant his family and Anjali here - the significance evident from what she had seen in the morning of the previous day. Then comes how the Shaitaan demands of the sundari to get married to him and how she keeps refusing every time. However - she sees a dream at night - the dream in which she sees her dream man - her rajkumar - Arnav's expression in this scene was brilliant as he looked at her stunned.

"lekin har raat sundari  ko sapne mein ek rajkumaar dikhta tha - jiska swabhaav bahut acha tha - meetha bolta tha - sundari ka bahut khayal rakhta tha -(Arnav is taken aback after hearing these words and he looks at her) Karvatein badalti sundari sirf ussi ke khawab dekhti thi...(Arnav is looking at her stunned)...lekin har raath sapne mein - Rajkumar sundari se ek sawaal puchta tha...aur jaise hi woh sawal puchta tha - sundari ki neend khul jati thi - sundari ko ye baat samjh mein hi nahi aati thi ki (Khushi looks at Arnav...and sees him looking at her)... kis shaitaan aur rajkumar donon ek hi aadmi the... (Arnav is shocked and leaves his work instantly and looks at Khushi who is speaking in trance looking at him and conveying her feelings)... jab sundari ko pata chala toh woh hairan - pareshan hui...ki ye kaise ho sakta hai... pal mein shaitaan... pal mein rajkumar?...ye donon ek kaise ho sakte hain...ek pal mein such dena aur agle hi pal mein dukh...(Arnav and Khushi both have flashbacks)...kuch samjh hi nahi payi woh..". 

If I have to analyse this particular dialogue -from Khushi's pov - it was the Khushi who was expecting a confession of love from Arnav that night - the Khushi who was hoping to see the guy who had helped her with the guests, who had been sweet to her, who had cared for her when she was ill and had hurt herself -that fateful night when the misunderstanding had cropped up - she was expecting his confession of love. She was expecting to be loved and somehow every dream of her crashed and she was stuck with the shaitaan in Arnav. The Rajkumar that she had seen in him was lost after that night - and what remained was the shaitaan. She is hurt - she is confused - and moreover she cannot understand him now and herself. She has seen two different sides to him and just like Arnav is confused - so is she.

Beautifully portrayed and very well shown on how both Arnav and Khushi knew what her words meant and for whom. Somewhere in the bottom of their hearts they both know that they love each other - they are made for each other - yet they both are so much in pain with the growing distance and misunderstanding between each other that they chose to turn a blind eye to their love and accept the hatred. What else can I say about these lines!?

Everything was said in these lines and everything that Arnav and Khushi actually feel - came out in these lines. Arnav's expression stunned when he hears Khushi talk about her rajkumar and then suddenly it changes to disbelief and some sort of shock and happiness when he hears that she feels her shaitaan and rajkumar are the same. He knew he was the shaitan but when Khushi talks about rajkumar and shaitaan being the same - there we see how hurt both of them are. We realize that Khushi knows deep down - that Arnav is not bad - that he is not 'the' shaitaan - but is the rajkumar of her dreams. And the flashbacks shown at this moment were apt. Arnav regrets and feels guilty as he remembers his confession of love on the stage - and the confrontation on the stairs. He realizes that she is hurt by him - he knows he has done wrong - his behavior is wrong and we see that in the way he looks down, guilty. Similarly - Khushi's confusion is shown - on how Arnav's on and off behavior hurts her and confuses her. I feel so sorry for both of them here - if only they knew how much love do they have for each other and knowing and unknowingly they are causing so much pain to each other and themselves.

Next comes the 'letter' conversation. What a brilliant ideas CV's - loved the use of kids here. And so loved Arnav here - I was reminded of the scene when Khushi had brought in kids for some festival and Arnav had blasted everyone off - and today he is not bothered about the kids at all - infact if anything - he is very much comfortable around them. He who thought them once as a disturbing element - plays along with them. I must say - seeing Arnav like this was strange but adorable!

The letter conversation - can these two not even have a single sane and proper conversation even in writing!? I mean seriously! What has to be done to get them to have a normal conversation? Guess I am just asking for too much. Anyways it seemed like an attempt from Arnav to break off  Mrs. Raizada's silence! Toh kya hua if they will not speak to each other - they will write and talk! But even in that conversation - Arnav did not forget to address Khushi as 'Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada' and what was funny was Khushi addressing Arnav as 'Arnav shaitaan singh Raizada'. I do not want to get into the jibes they took at each other - he refusing to accept that she is sundari and she proving him to be the shaitaan. However I loved Arnav's words in his letter - 'pariyon ki kahani se baahar niklo and face the reality'

Last scene - Anjali comes into play. I really liked how the last letter was given to Anjali. Anjali knows both Arnav and Khushi well - she knows they love each other - and she also knows that all is not well in their married life. The last letter - clear significance of that Khushi has lost her dreams and hopes and it is because she is married to Arnav. Probably if she knew the reason of the marriage- all would be okay and she would understand him- but not knowing the reason - has made her believe that she has lost all her hopes and dreams and the man she fell in love with was nothing but an illusion that she now needs to let go. Anjali realizes that the problems are not getting solved and she plans to do something - what - let's wait and watch.

I really liked the confession scene of Khushi - her feelings and her confusion were well brought out - the comparison with Beauty and the Beast well established - and the guilt and regret Arnav has - again well portrayed. I can see just like how the beast was turned into a human because of the beauty - Arnav will soon leave the darkness that he lives in and will come to light by his own beauty - Khushi.

Love :))

P.S : Pam and Doodhs - my reply to your analysis on page 9 πŸ˜‰

Anna, Loved your analysis and especially the bold lines in the last  para πŸ˜†...loved the positivity...

Edited by pamk06 - 12 years ago
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: pamk06

Well, Tanthya, Methinks IPL is no reason to play with us loyal viewers especially the one who are really not interested in cricket and want that much needed break from all the talk of cricket that is going on...

I guess i was expecting them to fight IPL but guess they do not have the guts and have given it up...only if they would have tried.😊

Loyal viewer's will make a small percentage ..tell me  how many houses  have two  TV's..nope when IPL starts .. it is accepted that Men will be controlling the remote and 90% of the household will have their receiver turned towards IPL and not IP ...The PH will opt to wait for the 90%  instead of telling the  story to the loyal  5 %..

Pam...None will have the guts to fight against Cricket  esp IP since   IPL too starts at 8 and ppl will be full of enthu for IPL  .. and we got the intimation that PH has already geared up for IPL  onslaught  and will be filling  IP with fillers, we also know that PH have conceded that they accept that their  TRP will nosedive...
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: doodleberry

Arre Arnav's POV only... the biggest hint was given to Arnav only by Khushi... and still he doesn't use his brains...

Just to give Arnav the hint that Khushi thinks him as Beast at one time and Prince at another time, what they did??? Khushi's sudden intelligence came into action... not doing any background work at all??? Bas, ASR needs to get the hint, toh chalo who should be the "sacrificial lamb" here... Khushi...*clap* *clap* CVs...

and what about for giving a hint to Anji, they make Arnav play chit chit with Kushi and Kids?
SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Do someone from PH really read reduxπŸ˜•

I cant take this butchering of character's anymore.. And it irritates me even more when butchering is done on ASR part..  Kushi, i have never gt connected with her character coz i am just not convinced with her feelings and i blame her script writers for this
I was shell shocked to see his reaction to kids as we are already shown how ASR reacts to kids.. 

Hea luckyπŸ€—
Doodle thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: abavi

No doods, I dont think they portrayed he doesnt know Hindi... He might have studied in English medium but he would have learnt hindi at school!

what they showed earlier is when he was not able to read the book that Kushi gave him, it was technical words in Sudh Hindi... which he would have been familiar with English words but Hindi equivalent he wouldnt know... Only a person who studied in Hindi medium would understand that... but that doesnt mean he doent know to read write conversational hindi!

See the answer is in the question only. The man cannot even read the manuscript properly and writing it like a pro??? hahhaha... I'm going bonkers. πŸ˜†
pamk06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: abavi

hey People!
first of all Thanks Tants for opening the thread early... I got to comment on the second page after a long time! and Thanks to Anna too for requestingher to do so...
Lovely perceptions ladies...

For me it was a mediocre epi...I liked some part of it, I was not happy with some parts... With IPL and SBS spoilers, I expected a filler, but the CVs could have given us some continuity, No they turn the tables just like that! but like doods always say there was this 5% message in it.. Or was it less that 5% ?

My thoughts on the epi

1. The intensity of last two episodes was missing.. Ok I dont expect every episode to be mind blowing, but Arnav's reactions after findin Kushi was off mark! Is he the guy who kept on asking her again and again where she went when she went missing for less than an hour 2 days ago? and now he doesnt find her in room and he was ok with it... but when he doesnot see her for two days and starts searching for her, where did his anxiety/anger go?

- were the CVs trying to portray that he was still repenting that he over reacted when she went to get medicines for his Di, so her trusts her absence now? but what about the dialogue "she could have still denied to go with him!" - so this thought process is ruled out
- were the CVs trying to portray that he knew she was staying away from him becasue he asked her to? -if so the message didnt reach me.. and also he didnt mean it, so he should'nt taken it lightly...
- were the CVs trying to portray that he understood that Shyam was away  with Anjali and that explains his mellowed behaviour about her wherabouts and he knew she came in after he slept or she slept somewhere else in the house- if so this was not what I inferred from the epi...

I sincerely hoped there was a valid reason for her absence and it was handled properly.

2.  Another scene that didnt make sense to me was the lack of reaction from the ladies that Kushi didnt tell Arnav about her new venture...
- Mamiji is a hawk at these kind of things... and she brushed off pulling his legs?
- Naniji you were worried two days ago... remember? and this is the second time he gives clue that he didnt know what his wife was upto and you simply let it go...
PS: was it tuition or Summer camp? the latter would have appealed right? that too only or a week for two hours? why the kids came suddenly nothing was explained

3. I liked the Beauty and the beast story linked and used to portray Kushi's feelings- but wait did she just realise that she loves him deep down and he acts like a beast one minute and turns prince the other?
which one of these did the CVs want to convey here?
- that she had accepted his beast/prince behaviour
- that she want to find out why he oscillates between prince and beast
PS: excellent interpretation of the scene where she seems to pull off that beast mask from the prince's face Tants!

4. CVs forgot Arnav hates kids...He thinks they are nuisance but he now tries to play with them too... that too chit passing with a wifey who wont speak to him... and he is in a middle of phone calls, he patiently writes out chit to his wife and asks the kids to carry it to her... was it because Nani reminded him how he was when he was a child himself? or was the scene put up to show his change of character, Kushi's influence in him? Here I saw inconsistency with the character in the epi itself... He was irritated at first that kids are at home... what would he do? run away to his room and shut himself up. But he starts playing with them in the middle of attending phone calls!

PS: @ Pam : I liked your interpretation of the chits and their meanings

5. Anji who gets to read a chit passing between her bro and his wife, she knows that there is a misunderstanding.
-first of all Anji who would read a chit between Hubby and wife... its their personal matter- but when have you ever wondered about privacy?
-the chit or the matter in it wouldnot convey for a middleman that they were fighting... it could very well be taken the other way... you havent read the other chits and how can you conclude?

and I think the 5% message was
- Kushi's inner mind knows her prince and beast and so does Arnav.  Arnav knows that for her, her prince of dreams is same as the shaitan and she refers to him! Did'nt she confirm in writing? I am sundari and you are shaitan- will you take action on it or is it a fused bulb again?
- I dont know, but when the clue was thrown in front of Nani and Mami and Payal they didnt pick up, but Anji picked up a clue out of a mere chit

Will she atleast do something about it?

Smiley moment of the epi:
Mami's "until she has her own kids, she thought she can make do with other's kids..." and Arnav's reaction to it!

Nicely written Abavi!!  Loved your 5% of message...😊

Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
GM ladies πŸ€—

Sathya, beautiful poem, nice quotes from B & B. Very nice analysis on the whole and good point about the media being mentioned. I had missed that.

Doods, Pam, agree with both of you about Arnav's thanda reaction to seeing Khushi, nani and Doods most importantly Anjali. During the havan episodes, at  one point she clearly told nani, that these two will spend their lives like this. She meant fighting. So how come she missed the fact yesterday???

Anna, both you and Pam wondered about Arnav interacting with the kids. Technically, it was only the one kid. And the comfort level was instantly forged because this child spoke ASR's deal language.

I quite liked the episode and the performances were  good.
pamk06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vasiraju

Heya  Sathu,doods,Pam,Anna,divya,abvi,supna,AP...any one i left πŸ˜ƒ..

HUgzzz πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

A Happy GM and GE...

Girls  i din't get any chance to read any analysis till now my internet was down..will read them  by afternoon.

yesterday i can see only kushi feelings so i wrote a simple poem on it its on page 3..have a look if you people have free time πŸ˜ƒ

HI Lucky,

Loved your poem...😊

SunoNa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: doodleberry

Arre Arnav's POV only... the biggest hint was given to Arnav only by Khushi... and still he doesn't use his brains...

Just to give Arnav the hint that Khushi thinks him as Beast at one time and Prince at another time, what they did??? Khushi's sudden intelligence came into action... not doing any background work at all??? Bas, ASR needs to get the hint, toh chalo who should be the "sacrificial lamb" here... Khushi...*clap* *clap* CVs...

And what was that lines, i dream about him every night.. She dreams of her tender coconut Arnav.. and we audience never even felt it or gt a glimpse of itπŸ˜†

--Anna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ankifan

Do someone from PH really read reduxπŸ˜•

I cant take this butchering of character's anymore.. And it irritates me even more when butchering is done on ASR part..  Kushi, i have never gt connected with her character coz i am just not convinced with her feelings and i blame her script writers for this
I was shell shocked to see his reaction to kids as we are already shown how ASR reacts to kids.. 

Hea luckyπŸ€—

Me too! Cannot take Arnav's character assassination! The whole interaction with the kids was Barun Sobti - except the deal part - otherwise it was NOT Asr but BS who was in the scene!