Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gheeshakkar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
What an utterly lovely post. You guys do subtext so well. I am just seeing hot dude and distracted after that.
gheeshakkar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rag1ni

I enjoyed the episode mostly because it was bittersweet with minimum amount of drama. Also, it was pretty layered, like you have analysed it already. And analysed it so well, may I add. It is interesting that they picked this fairytale. Of course, it brings the complexity of Arnav and Khushi's relationship pretty well, but it is also one of those odd fairytales, a departure from the usual Disneyish blah, you know - of girls in white satin dresses and shiny-faced dudes dancing at balls.

Belle, the beauty is of course beautiful (duh), but what sets her apart in the Disney universe is her oddballness. You know all princesses kind of fit in easily, but not Belle, everyone thinks of her as slightly kookie, in fact. So I am super impressed if the writers considered this and picked Khushi as Belle, the Beauty. Also in the original tale, Belle has some serious daddy issues, I can't explain what, but there is something there. And I think Khushi too, sort of misses a father figure in her life and has complexity around it. And Belle is offered to the beast as sacrifice, she does it for her family. And she doesn't really complain. Wow! Now it all neatly falls into place, yes? Belle is not perfect like other princesses but she has one quality that sets her apart from the rest, she is not shallow at all. And that is why she can see beyond the unsightly and the outwardness, and is thus drawn to the beast. And I think when the times comes, it is this quality of Belle that will make Arnav win her favour again.

Arnav of course is the perfect beast - cut-off from the world, alone and harboring a painful secret that NOBODY is let into. Not even his beloved Di. And I think this is where this seeming to be fairytale takes a poignant turn. Even though the beast is completely against the idea of Belle finding that rose and forbids her from finding it -- because he is, you know, just scared, yet in his heart, he wishes that she finds it and still stays. I think this is pretty much why Arnav won't confront Khushi about Shyam. That is the one truth she is being denied, mostly because he doesn't want to be rejected by her. Where brother ended and where lover began, I don't think Arnav has realised that yet :)

I completely love this one scene where Beast says, O, it is hopeless. She is so beautiful... and look at me. Ah, that excruciating moment of self-doubt. And Mrs Potts says, O, hush and straighten up. Go forth and smile at her. I am imagining Anjali as Mrs Potts. But when Arnav realises this same thing later, he will let his Belle go. Because before the Dinsyefication of this tale, that is what happened. It is the most painful thing that the Beast had to do and perhaps might be the most painful thing Arnav will do too.

I personally don't relate to this story anymore -- perils of my now left-liberal education, but until I was 15-16 this story was quite a favourite, it was good to meet it again today. Sorry, now I am just rambling.

Also this Optimal Maami Time is working well for me and I find her in small doses rather delightful. One of these days I plan to do a video post on Shit Maamiji Says (inspired by that awesome meme. This one is my newest favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLRuM8jWH2M&feature=fvwrel)

Today itself there were two gems:
"Lagat hain woh Phatti Saari sochat rahi jab tak ooke personal bachein nahin ho jaayein, doosron ke bachon ke saath man bahlaya jayein."
"Naya business: Phatti Saari aur Chillar Party. Hello Hi Bye Bye."

Rags, whatay loveliness, yo! Now you even have a title for your memoir - how my left-liberal education ruined me :D
eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: softpetal

Awesome post Eveline and Fantastic episode!! the story moved forward so beautifully without compromising on any of the intrinsic qualities of the characters or the consistency of the story!! Take a bow CVs and our most lovable Barun and Sanaya!! love you guys!!!

It was a fairy tale for us!!

😊yes..it is...it is a fairytale in the making...the prince and princess are yet to come together and live happily ever after...
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: gheeshakkar

What an utterly lovely post. You guys do subtext so well. I am just seeing hot dude and distracted after that.

πŸ˜†...honestly...hot dude very distracting here too...but years of dealing with guys (actually one guy and one boy)...gives me some elbow room i guess...πŸ˜‰
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shivani_Priyam

Wow, your review makes me wanting to see the episode again. I really loved Khushi's standing true to her decisions and making Arnav realize that he can not always control her. The duality of Arnav here is questioned and I feel that somewhere he might be realizing it.What I really loved today was the sisters acceptance as part of the Raizada family and Arnav diving into his childhood whims and fancies.All put together it was agood episode and then review was like cherry on top.😊

it was a good one...and the boundaries that he sets are always given so much of importance...but the limits she sets are so silent and subtle yet firm...i love that about her ...he is learning...learning about how to respect her...how to toe the line...learning that he can only control her so much...learning about her invincible spirit...about the raizadas..and the sisters...they are proving to be a good family for the girls..very supporting..and understanding and appreciative too..about mami she is like summer storms...unpredictable...
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: savvy05

Eveline, wonderful post. What a nice continuity from Friday. The 2 sec anger on Khushi's face was extremely palpable. So now we have an indirect sane confession from Khushi saying her demon and her prince are one and the same.. what a curve ball that was!! Loved it.
Both of them are getting bits and pieces of info all around, who will be the first to piece them together?

thats whats keeping me glued too...they both are coming closer to truth...each inching towards the revelation..i want to know who gets there first...and how...πŸ˜‰??

Curve Ball...like that...πŸ˜†!
Edited by eveline - 12 years ago
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

Hiral!  πŸ€—

That was a lovely lovely post!

Beautifully written...πŸ˜ƒ

I loved how they showed Khushi getting sad and wistful when she says how can this happen, in one moment happiness and the next moment pain...how can the beast cum prince do this? - and Arnav too getting sad, the impact of her words hitting her and reminding him of his contradictory actions the previous day.

And I loved Arnav's mischievous jibe at the kid that he wanted to eat him πŸ˜†

shwets...πŸ€—..finally i was gonna look in lost n found...πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks...i love the way Khushi has been portrayed in the last two episodes...the dignity that has been granted to her...the strength...the fact that she continued with her work inspite of his highhandedness...earned big bonus pointe from me...her tutoring kids..cherry on the top...her anger and fury when faced by him...u go girl...and her pain and confusion and forlorn love when talking about the bipolar child eating monster...heart wrenching...

About Arnav...he won some bonus points too...for his regret ...for his flashbacks...and his realization...and the cheery on top with this one..is always..awww...the beast...πŸ˜†..i m looking forward to seeing him develop into a full fledge cannibal (hope this term does not offend) in the coming days...πŸ˜‰
Edited by eveline - 12 years ago
himba thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good Post. I liked the beauty and the beast comparison with arnav/khusi.  BTW i counted 5 kids at the beginning but found 4 at the end!
SS83 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great post! me too loved khushi's fury went she saw him first!
I really hope Arnav starts connecting the dots soon :-)
eveline thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rag1ni

I enjoyed the episode mostly because it was bittersweet with minimum amount of drama. Also, it was pretty layered, like you have analysed it already. And analysed it so well, may I add. It is interesting that they picked this fairytale. Of course, it brings the complexity of Arnav and Khushi's relationship pretty well, but it is also one of those odd fairytales, a departure from the usual Disneyish blah, you know - of girls in white satin dresses and shiny-faced dudes dancing at balls.

Belle, the beauty is of course beautiful (duh), but what sets her apart in the Disney universe is her oddballness. You know all princesses kind of fit in easily, but not Belle, everyone thinks of her as slightly kookie, in fact. So I am super impressed if the writers considered this and picked Khushi as Belle, the Beauty. Also in the original tale, Belle has some serious daddy issues, I can't explain what, but there is something there. And I think Khushi too, sort of misses a father figure in her life and has complexity around it. And Belle is offered to the beast as sacrifice, she does it for her family. And she doesn't really complain. Wow! Now it all neatly falls into place, yes? Belle is not perfect like other princesses but she has one quality that sets her apart from the rest, she is not shallow at all. And that is why she can see beyond the unsightly and the outwardness, and is thus drawn to the beast. And I think when the times comes, it is this quality of Belle that will make Arnav win her favour again.

Arnav of course is the perfect beast - cut-off from the world, alone and harboring a painful secret that NOBODY is let into. Not even his beloved Di. And I think this is where this seeming to be fairytale takes a poignant turn. Even though the beast is completely against the idea of Belle finding that rose and forbids her from finding it -- because he is, you know, just scared, yet in his heart, he wishes that she finds it and still stays. I think this is pretty much why Arnav won't confront Khushi about Shyam. That is the one truth she is being denied, mostly because he doesn't want to be rejected by her. Where brother ended and where lover began, I don't think Arnav has realised that yet :)

I completely love this one scene where Beast says, O, it is hopeless. She is so beautiful... and look at me. Ah, that excruciating moment of self-doubt. And Mrs Potts says, O, hush and straighten up. Go forth and smile at her. I am imagining Anjali as Mrs Potts. But when Arnav realises this same thing later, he will let his Belle go. Because before the Dinsyefication of this tale, that is what happened. It is the most painful thing that the Beast had to do and perhaps might be the most painful thing Arnav will do too.

I personally don't relate to this story anymore -- perils of my now left-liberal education, but until I was 15-16 this story was quite a favourite, it was good to meet it again today. Sorry, now I am just rambling.

Also this Optimal Maami Time is working well for me and I find her in small doses rather delightful. One of these days I plan to do a video post on Shit Maamiji Says (inspired by that awesome meme. This one is my newest favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLRuM8jWH2M&feature=fvwrel)

Today itself there were two gems:
"Lagat hain woh Phatti Saari sochat rahi jab tak ooke personal bachein nahin ho jaayein, doosron ke bachon ke saath man bahlaya jayein."
"Naya business: Phatti Saari aur Chillar Party. Hello Hi Bye Bye."

thanks a ton for such a beautiful response...looking at the depth of your writing...ur left-liberal education has done u and us a great favor..😊

Surprisingly...this one fairy tale is also my favorite...one that i found the saddest yet very real...(dont lets talk about Rapunzel...that one is not a fairy tale)...but Belle's character has always been on the top of the list for me..coz she was not useless...lost in fripperies...and dressed up in baubles...busy looking pretty...(some can argue that cinderella was working hard and so was snow white..but still Belle will remain my favorite)...she was busy doing something worthwhile...and the beast...the only hero that comes close to reality..coz in each man lies a good and bad side...why man... every individual has the eternal conflict between good and bad playing inside forever..so the beast i could identify with coz ..each person is capable of turning into a beast..and each beast can reform into a prince...the rest of the princes i found very fake and Ken like...(god forbid..🀒)...just there to provide castles and kingdoms to the ladies..and to ride a horse when required (to think of it thats what they heros of various shows do today..provide big houses for the bohhhooos to cry πŸ˜†)...

I have multiple times compared Arnav and Khushi with Beauty and the Beast...i love this version of it..(especially when the Beast is so eye..heart and mind pleasing...πŸ˜†)...