Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guggu_Minty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: stefanandre

@Ashu, sorry did not thank you earlier for saying that you will talk with your FB friends re tagging Sushant - you worked your charm cause nothing has been posted since, thank you again๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Guess all is quiet from AK and CB for now.

@Devishri and Tanmi, Ashu and Sneha thanks for the articles; was hoping the press conference would be this week but guess no luck. waiting eagerly to see those posters that CB was talking about.

Oh di, don't say sorry. I knew it, everyone will understand and listen to me..
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hmm .. we havent really gotten much today have we ? ...
hope the news doesnt stop coming ... 

stefanandre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Anshi, thanks for letting me know re the posters - wish it was sooner, if we have to wait then hope Sushant will be kind to us and keep posting. Anshi what to post? for me to become a Goldie soon.

@Ashu in the excitement with so much of news and pages were moving so fast, I forgot to acknowledge. thanks again.  By the way, have you not uncovered any unforseen pictures of sush, anki or sushita?

Guess all are tired from all the excitement yesterday so they are relaxing now and taking it all in๐Ÿ˜ƒ
stefanandre thumbnail
Any idea who won the competition that CB had yesterday?

we are hungry for more news, who the third actor is, who is vidya, hungry for more pictures of Sushant as Ishaan
sushantfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

It is hard for us literate people to feel sorry for Chetan Bhagat. Remember him? The guy who wrote a book called Five Point Someone that was a takeoff point for the phenomenally successful film 3 Idiotsstarring Aamir Khan? He also wrote (we use the term loosely) One Night @ The Call Center that the execrable Salman Khan film Hello was based on. The 3 Mistakes of My Life is currently being made by Rock On!! director Abhishek Kapoor as Kai Po Che and a film adaptation of Bhagat's 2 States is also in the works.

So why is Cineswami being unusually generous and feeling sorry for the Bhagat? India's literary establishment has long (and correctly) held Bhagat's literary (ha!) output in great disdain. Yet, hypocritically, the same establishment routinely invites him to literary festivals, because, like Salman Khan, he is a box office draw for the great unwashed, the illiterate masses who 'read' his 'books'. It is widely believed in elite publishing circles that Bhagat cares not a whit for this poor opinion of him held by the literate. He simply doesn't care was the byword. But today, the Bhagat has proved them wrong. He craves, nay, yearns for acceptance. Be the millions that he's made that is may, he has his snotty nose pressed against the plate glass window of the literary bakery, yearning for a bite of the scrumptious confectionery within. The provocation was a simple piece criticising his writing, but in a pretty nice and roundabout way. This is the offending sentence, referring to 2 States: "Chetan Bhagat, an author who sums up the limitless potential of a Punjabi boy's first visit to the south with the astute observation: 'In Chennai all shop signs were in Tamil.'

The Bhagat was stung to the quick and took to that refuge of all ranters, Twitter. The first thing he posted was the simple: "The amount of effort my haters put to bring me and my readers down is amazing." Fair enough, except, grammatically, that should read โ€“ my readers and me, rather than me and my readers. No worries, since nobody has accused Twitter of being a grammar platform or Bhagat of being an English scholar. Bhagat's next nugget: "i guess unless i write 'war and peace', i shall continue to suck". No Chetan, even if you write War and Peace, you'll continue to blow. The fun continued apace on Twitter and the Bhagat's wounded heart was on display to all. "How I feel when people say I don't write well? Honestly? Well, like the owner of a packed restaurant, being told you don't know how to cook." Chetan beta, the owner of a packed restaurant is usually behind the till, counting the money (like you). It's the chef who cooks.

Then, the lad resorts to Bollywood, saying, "I hate elitism. Like Rajesh Khanna said "Pushpa, I haaate tears" before the Chingari song. I hate it with that much emotion." No doubt Bhagat hates elitism through his tears because no matter what his commercial success, he can never be part of that elitist club that he aspires to belong to. The response to his application is usually, "Sorry, madam, normal waiting time is 125 years, but for you, never." And lastly, he comes up with this gem: "After much thought, I have a special message for my haters." The message being a link to a video of Kuch toh log kahenge, from Amar Prem. Really, it took 'much thought' to come up with the most standard Indian response to detractors? Sorry, thoughts implies mind, brain etc. Still, our hearts go out to the poor little rich Bhagat. He's a human being too with real feelings and hurt. There there. It'll be all right. Take two aspirins and don't call us in the morning.

And the 3 mistakes? Simple. Writing, writing, writing.

related to chetan bhagat bt thought it cud make some reading material fr some.. nothing related to sushant

sushantfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: lunza

hmm .. we havent really gotten much today have we ? ...

hope the news doesnt stop coming ... 

exacly my point dont wanna go in a lull period after the storm from sunday
sushantfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: stefanandre

Any idea who won the competition that CB had yesterday?

we are hungry for more news, who the third actor is, who is vidya, hungry for more pictures of Sushant as Ishaan

here u go karen:

Winners of #kaipoche contest: The Ipod winners are@rahulrpatel27 & @vinaykrishanm. Congrats

Winners: @koolkunu @saritjain @ckpurohit@purnagandhi @MohitKabra @ps3llr @Pooja_Gupta @SiltanyaCongrats!

@bold same here... more i want sushant to continue posting the pics he was since monday.. guess every altenate day๐Ÿ˜‰ 
sushantfan thumbnail
can we be done with this fc.. its taken ages...
sushantfan thumbnail
oh that one article said sushant is out of action from one year๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†
stefanandre thumbnail
Sneha, thanks for the winners and the news article,

you changed your dp again?

Sushant might be thinking by giving us those pictures he will keep his fans happy for some time, but he is so wrong if he is thinking that way cause now we just want more and more๐Ÿ˜† it would also be nice if he posted some pictures of him doing bungee jumping during the SA trip and some.๐Ÿ˜ƒ