Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ended thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
wow! really intense story. 
I could honestly feel arnav's helplessness so bad. really made me cry but the way he wasn't there for khushi when she needed him makes me really detest him alot. hope khushi gets better step by step
xxx
dorindakate thumbnail
Just found your story.

Love it.

Hope you are able to add more soon.
Edited by dorindakate - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Zara-

wow! really intense story. 

I could honestly feel arnav's helplessness so bad. really made me cry but the way he wasn't there for khushi when she needed him makes me really detest him alot. hope khushi gets better step by step
xxx

aww, that is so sweet of you. thank you
I'm going to try my best and update sometime this week

TAA-DAA!

(Dressed in full shield and bullet-proof jacket). I was thinking I'm quite young, I wouldn't want to die so soon don't shoot me? I know I'm terribly—okay, TERRIBLY late, but what to do…so much work and then my stupid writers' block. I've discarded like five updates, I just wasn't satisfied.

This chapter is specially dedicated to Cheryth as she encouraged me to continue when I'd all but lost hope.

Leave me love in the form of likes and comments!

Chapter 8

Things were going relatively well between Arnav and Khushi.

As well as a man drowning himself in the deepest pit of guilt and a woman broken beyond repair. Each knew of the other's misery, but were powerless at making things better; both that shattered.

But they were both putting on a brave front, trying hard; their hardest to forget the past and taking a new step forward.

Khushi had started eating enough now, if not for herself, then for the concerned eyes of her family- the Raizadas were practically that for her now. Arnav had already convinced Buaji to let Khushi stay at Shantivan as they were busy preparing for Akash and Payal's wedding and Khushi needed to be taken care of in her condition. They had decided not to tell the Guptas about what happened to Khushi as they would panic hysterically, making it worse for Khushi and promptly lock down any chance of her opening up about that night. They were made to believe that a minor accident caused Khushi injuries and she was fast healing from it, left blissfully ignorant.

Khushi spent her time cooking or cleaning or spending time with Anjali, quietly listening to her arrangements about the wedding or the renovations of their room to accommodate the baby. 

She was helpless, hearing Anjali Di's excited chatter about her pregnancy, knowing what a thick cloth had been tied around her eyes, and that too so tightly. The blind faith she had for that low life of her husband was painful, almost impossible to bear. The adoration in her voice and the light in her eyes while she spoke of him...it broke Khushi's heart as she remembered him sneering and calling Di cruel names. She knew that Di would never believe her; much like the fact that she would be completely shattered, now also having the baby to take care of. Thus, Khushi found herself tight-lipped and hand-cuffed about the truth, bound by the love she had for her family.

And then there was Arnav. The way he cared for her every need right now was something worth savoring. His warm gaze that only searched for her and immediately lit up as they drank in her presence...this phase was rare and, she feared, not long-lasting. It cut her deep, knowing that if the "incident" had not occurred she would probably have a happy life with Arnav now…a life that had now slipped out of her hands like fine sand, never to be brought back again.

"Khushi?" a husky voice broke her reverie and she whirled around in shock.

There stood Arnav, unleashing the full power of his astonishingly good looks on her— and for a moment she just stared, disoriented in his presence. His aristocratic, chiseled jaw which she first prejudiced to arrogance, was now just a handsome feature of his. He was wearing simply a rolled up pullover and old sweats, but he still effortlessly blew her away. His eyes reminded her of hot chocolate, so expressive and liquid that she could float in it forever. And his hair…oh God! They were pushed back for most part but some strands were astray and she wondered what it would be like to run her fingers through it…

"I was wondering… if you would like to go out for dinner with me?" he asked hesitantly.

Khushi snapped out of her daydreaming quickly and shook her head, trying to clear her system of his intoxication.

He was still afraid of her reactions towards him and that pained her. How could she tell him that her heart knew that he would never hurt her, but her mind and body could only see the pain Shyam had caused her—it had scarred her mentally and physically. It was as if two parts of her were waging war with each other and she was getting battered in between.

"I just suggested it because the rest of the family has gone to Mr. Desai's house for the Puja. I mean, of course you could say no…if you were—"

"Yes. I'll come."  Khushi cut him off as she stifled a smile, looking at his jittery behavior.

"You will??" Arnav's voice went up an octave.

"Arnav, stop fidgeting and shuffling your feet! You're acting like a nervous teenager asking a girl on a date for the first time. Of course I'll come" She finally burst out laughing at his agitated and shocked expression.

Khushi was laughing so hard, that her body was bent over, so she almost jumped out of her skin when she felt soft lips brush her ear.

Okay, so I know it's kind of short but I'm going to try and give you guys longer updates from now on…pinky promise:D but please comment if you want me to continue...

bluetaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Aha...welcome back...date night is it? Nice. Thanks for pm...waiting for that whisper in  the ear.
Cheryth thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Res*

Edit*

I know Hun
I know am terribly, awfully and unforgivably late
But, I just got caught up
We're kind of facing a storm
Hence, I can't log on frequently 😭
But, it's died down to a drizzle now
& I am here to take full advantage of it😃😉

Please forgive
I will earn it with a huge comment though

I read all the 8 chapters now once again Hun😳
Just to remind myself
Why I fell in love with this FF in the first place
All chapters written flawlessly, in sync with the other
Mysteriously and heart-breakingly beautiful it was
I got my answer😳

First of all though
Want to say
Welcome Back Mads🤗
Sure missed ya😔
& thank you for the dedication of the Chapter 8 Hun😊
Am honoured that you dedicated it to me
It sure means a lot coming from one of ma fav writers on IF☺️

& honestly it's great you decided to come back armed 😆lol

Oh woman
Anyways, Coming to Chapter 8; It was frankly a refreshing update
To know they are both trying their hardest; their best to make things right, the fact that she's wearing a mask for the sake of her family (which would mean her health's safe) I mean It was painful to read of how our cheery Khushi was zeroed down to a lifeless zombie in the initial chapters, at least her mask helps make things better innit, Oh Anjali really needs a kick to the truth man, she's living in a disgusting illusion with da damn snakewa 😡- oh how I wish I could strangle the damn excuse of a MAN & make Anjali and Shlok be together

THE ASR's change is so unexpectedly sweet man; he's finally ARNAV
The ending was the best Mads🤣
Arnav's hesitant request, Khushi's reassuring acceptance to Arnav's shocked reaction to Khushi's teasing remark to most importantly and most mandatory Khushi's tinkling laughter (cuz, it's the first time in these 8 chapters we heard it)

Ooh, the lips brushing her ear part
Had me wanting more Hun

Please. Please. Please. Pretty Please with a yummy cherry on top

Update Fast Mads                                                                                                      Am starving for more

Thank You for such a brilliant Chapter Mads

You wrote it so beautifully  

And Once again; Thank You for the sincere dedication hun

"If You Fight Like Your Married, Talk like You're Best Friends and Flirt like First Lovers, Protect each other like siblings; You're MEANT TO BE..." ~ Anonymous

Edited by Cheryth - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: bluetaj

Aha...welcome back...date night is it? Nice. Thanks for pm...waiting for that whisper in  the ear.

haaha...there is some interesting stuff coming up for our favourite pair, just wait and watch😆

and thank you so much for the comment😊
Lavi_961 thumbnail
OMG! That was fantastic.. Its first time am commenting in ths forum.. I jst loved ur story so much.. Awesme.. Thank u..
Lavi_961 thumbnail
N pls cntinu sn.. I cnt wait.. Pls..

Originally posted by: Lavi_961

OMG! That was fantastic.. Its first time am commenting in ths forum.. I jst loved ur story so much.. Awesme.. Thank u..

Thankyou sweetie for reading and appreciating my story.
Hope you contiue to read it😊