Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Do something worthwhile with your life

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I thought that statement from Arnav was uncalled for. If there is something Khushi always did, that was to do something worthwhile with her life. She never spent an idle moment either in her own house or at the Raizadas. Despite being a multimillionaire's wife, the woman asked for a loan from him to pay for things she wanted. Even the dabba service was to ensure that she remained financial independent by doing something she loved to do.

I though Arnav was being mean and unreasonable asking her to give up on the dabba service, knowing her passion for it. Did he not hear her tell his sister that her dream was to feed people and now she can die peacefully? If he did not want her to go around distributing the dabbas to his staff and in the process get an opportunity to step of the house (maybe with Shyam), that is fine. He could have ensured that Shukla takes care of the distribution while she takes care of the kitchen (I thought that was the arrangement in any case). 

Just because she is his wife does not mean she does not have a right to a profession she loves and there is nothing big or small when it comes to labour. They are all equally dignified as long as they are not violating the law. Or was this one more way he was punishing her for 'messing' up his di's life by not letting her do what she wants?

I am sure that when he asks her why did she gather the kids in the house, Khushi is going to retort that he was the one who asked her to do something meaningful with her life and also keep away from him. She is doing both by engaging herself in tuition for the kids. Wonder what he will say to that.

When things normalise between them I want him to actively encourage her in the career she chooses and not turn her into another decorative piece in RM.Hope the show last till then.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bikerider thumbnail
opti  yeah nice post. and good point.  ASR never believes in  missing an opportunity to insult KKGSR.

i hope that when  he really comes to know that he misunderstood her and repents  and wants to correct it, he will help her in all which way and help her to be independent lets see we need not have to wait for another year to take pull off her career . 

They are making ASR hurt and insult her with intensity so that they can bring wooing in ASR style or is it too much to hope for
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I never liked his character traits, abusive and downright insulting..
whatever at least Khushi is far better than his delusional,free-loader, super-idle, bimbo Di, who does nothing than shedding bucket of tears..
Edited by Doc_Manaal - 12 years ago
Rita.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hi Opti,
I think he is just angry, that's all and saying things he does not mean... he simply wants to provoke her to the max to be able to get her to react etc... it is eating him away, the whole issue of Shyam. he is too afraid i think to ask her, in fear that she will admit to her affair with Shyam and yet he wants to say and think the worst possible things about her... because his fury and pain is ever present...
I honestly dont think he will stop her from anything if they are together in mind and spirit
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am probably the only one who took this line in a different way. I thought that he said this because deep down he has very high opinion of her and he wants her to realize her potential and do what she is capable of doing. I actually liked that lone very much. He doesn't care if Anjali, Payal etc are sitting at home, but he expects better from her. These are my two cents...
GalwayGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good post!

I actually thought the topic name was directed towards us viewers!😆😆

I have long given up thinking that every dialogue said in the serial is well thought out!😕

The point is, he has a bunch of people enjoying his money in RM, but all his frustration is only towards Khushi!  Saala characterization pura Kharab hain!
Edited by GalwayGirl - 12 years ago
preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
when did he say that?? i missed it i think...
hmeerakrishnan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Opti

I thought that statement from Arnav was uncalled for. If there is something Khushi always did, that was to do something worthwhile with her life. She never spent an idle moment either in her own house or at the Raizadas. Despite being a multimillionaire's wife, the woman asked for a loan from him to pay for things she wanted. Even the dabba service was to ensure that she remained financial independent by doing something she loved to do.

I though Arnav was being mean and unreasonable asking her to give up on the dabba service, knowing her passion for it. Did he not hear her tell his sister that her dream was to feed people and now she can die peacefully? If he did not want her to go around distributing the dabbas to his staff and in the process get an opportunity to step of the house (maybe with Shyam), that is fine. He could have ensured that Shukla takes care of the distribution while she takes care of the kitchen (I thought that was the arrangement in any case). 

Just because she is his wife does not mean she does not have a right to a profession she loves and there is nothing big or small when it comes to labour. They are all equally dignified as long as they are not violating the law. Or was this one more way he was punishing her for 'messing' up his di's life by not letting her do what she wants?

I am sure that when he asks her why did she gather the kids in the house, Khushi is going to retort that he was the one who asked her to do something meaningful with her life and also keep away from him. She is doing both by engaging herself in tuition for the kids. Wonder what he will say to that.

When things normalise between them I want him to actively encourage her in the career she chooses and not turn her into another decorative piece in RM.Hope the show last till then.

Dear,

First coming to answer this question of urs : Hope the show last till then. This show is very popular and gives star plus a lottt of revenue..ok..only because few weeks TRP is low.This show will never go off air for atleast an year taking into consideration amount of fans BARUN has got .Star plus are not mad people.They know when to call a show off air.This shw will remain on air for atleast another 1.5 yrs given the take any one of the lead pair quits and mainly BARUN which he will not do.Do u know how popular this guy is nowadays...He is very clear guy and I have heard all his interviews that he wants to stick on to television for some time.He was very clear in his interview wih Noreen Khan where he mentioned very few actors have had a good run in Bollywood and that unlike Tv where u earn every month,its not so in cinema..So till BARUN is there for him this show will run.

Why are getting so tensed..Its coomon nature of gents that they cannot see their wives to be too independent and not depending on them financially..U will 1 in a million who supports his 's her wife..CV's here re showing what's happens in our country.A man will never tolerate his wife being more successful than him.Arnav clearly knows capabilities of Khushi and what she can do.Like all gents he would never like someone telling him ur wife is more successful than u...She will nt sit quite nw..For the comments arnav has passed her to something fruitful in life...(that may be beacuse of anger).But KKGSR has serioulsy taken it and wl surely do something which make Arnav repent later
Edited by hmeerakrishnan - 12 years ago
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
opti -- I understood his statement to mean that she continues the supply but Aman will manage the logistics ( there are specific menus for each person). He forbade her to come to office that's all.

Having said that ...I want Khushi to be independent with or without Arnav's encouragement.

His statement was still uncalled for and mean -- but he was in character... he was trying to incite her to respond as usual!
Edited by Newbiesoapfan - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: hmeerakrishnan

Dear,

First coming to answer this question of urs : Hope the show last till then. This show is very popular and gives star plus a lottt of revenue..ok..only because few weeks TRP is low.This show will never go off air for atleast an year taking into consideration amount of fans BARUN has got .Star plus are not mad people.They know when to call a show off air.This shw will remain on air for atleast another 1.5 yrs given the take any one of the lead pair quits and mainly BARUN which he will not do.Do u know how popular this guy is nowadays...He is very clear guy and I have heard all his interviews that he wants to stick on to television for some time.He was very clear in his interview wih Noreen Khan where he mentioned very few actors have had a good run in Bollywood and that unlike Tv where u earn every month,its not so in cinema..So till BARUN is there for him this show will run.

I put that rider because I dont know how long they will take to normalise the relationship between these two, going by the way they are dragging things. So it may take 1 and a half years just to get the Arshi track going. Secondly this PH turned the heroine of their earlier show into a decorative nagging wife although  she was shown very capable when she was unmarried. Hope they dont repeat it here. 

Why are getting so tensed..Its coomon nature of gents that they cannot see their wives to be too independent and not depending on them financially..U will 1 in a million who supports his 's her wife..CV's here re showing what's happens in our country.A man will never tolerate his wife being more successful than him.

I disagree with you that men dont want their women to be independent.  Things have changed and most men want working wives not only because of the income but also because it gives the woman a sense of independence in thinking.  Men who think otherwise are MCPs in my opinion.  

Arnav clearly knows capabilities of Khushi and what she can do.Like all gents he would never like someone telling him ur wife is more successful than u...She will nt sit quite nw..For the comments arnav has passed her to something fruitful in life...(that may be beacuse of anger).But KKGSR has serioulsy taken it and wl surely do something which make Arnav repent later

Why should he not take pride in his wife's achievements? As to Khushi becoming mroe successful that ASR, that is wishful thinking. If she does, he should take it up as a challenge and excel in his field. One can have a healthy competition without putting the other person down. Just because he is her husband does not give him the right to run her life. Am glad to see Khushi is holding her own here.