Arnav is wrong, Is Khushi right? - Page 15

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by riti4u

Hey there, well everyone has right to there opinion..so are you..but I disagree with one fact..khushi was blackmailed for this marriage fine..but she did have her choices..it was not as arnav didnt give her any choice...yes what he did was not correct..but i dont think it was crime..she chose to marry arnav in full senses... he gave her choice to either marry or he will not let payash wedding take place.. I agree she was blackmailed..but she could have let him do what he wanted...if she really didnt want to get into this marriage...here I dont say arnav was not at bigger fault..yes he was...ofcourse he was..I just want to say...khushi did have a choice...

Exactly - Khushi had the choice to break Payals marriage and not be forced into her wedlock. She need not carry the responsibility of making Payal happy on her "18 -year" shoulders.
Edited by sunaina02 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by serialjunkie

its called a Hobson's choice or a Dilemma. ie between a rock and a hard place, ie. you kill yourself or i kill you.

in short, a choice that was not a choice at all.
😛 Hey buddy... she could have trusted akash enough to stand by payal or she could have atleast thought how will arnav stop wedding and confront his family...but here she trusted arnav enough that he could have ruined wedding... I agree she was blackmailed..she took an emotional step..but I am just saying that she could have thought about herself at that point..thats just my POV... respect your opinion...😊
Originally posted by serialjunkie

i would just add one thing here. Khushi did not ask Arnav to marry her, he forced her to marry him.

there is a saying in my language, paraphrasing here.
if you pick a venomous snake and decide to put it in your pocket, how do you not expect to be bitten by it?

so if arnav dragged khushi into his sphere of influence, he cannot expect to be not hurt by her reactions.

khushi is flawed no doubt, but what arnav has done to her is nothing short of criminal under any court of law.

now, i understand this is drama, so I will take it for the sake of drama to allow the story to move forward. But in reality, what Arnav has done to khushi is a grave injustice of massive proportions and not at all comparable to the fact that khushi hid shyam's truth from him.

Had he not dragged her into his house, she would not be in danger of facing shyam day in and day out. right now, she has no one to protect her, in her own house she had atleast buaji.

so lets not mix reality and fiction. in fiction, i will watch this for the sake of drama. But in reality, khushi's faults pale in comparison and ASR's forced marriage is criminal under Indian Penal Court and Hindu Marriage Act. Lets not gloss it.

No offence meant, zoha, I hope you understand. you know i am a sensible and reasonable person, but i dont want the fictional comparisons, understanding and/or justification of ASR's actions to gloss over the reality of it.

Here is an excerpt from Human Rights commission :-

JUST FYI - For drama's sake we can ignore the following but lets not forget what human rights laws have to say about it

http://www.forcedmarriage.net/media/images/FMGuidance-for-PoliceOfficers_108.pdf

Forced marriage is an abuse of human rights. "Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses."
(Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 16 (2))

"A woman's right to choose a spouse and enter freely into marriage is central to her life and her dignity and equality as a human being."
(General Recommendation No. 21, UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women)

I understand Di,, N I am decent enough to respect other's POV's. Agreeing or disagreeing is totally a different story! n who knows it better than u regarding agree/disagree philosophy😉

My Point here is If Arnav is flawed then Khushi is no angel either!  @ red, u kinda accept that! Forced marriage or making her sleep by the pool side is something even I will disapprove, bt Y people just keep pointing at Arnav?

I think Khuhsi Hiding Shyam's intentions is only landing her into deeper troubles, But people say Khushi is never at fault,..so I kinda called off the discussion saying if she is never at fault,, then she is an angel n my discussion was regarding two flawed Humans, (one more than the other)

Also if Shyam had forced her into such a marriage,(secret one) with the same point taking ad\vantage of his position as damaad ji, she would have married him? I dont think so,,,She knows Arnav, n loves him, she gave into it though  reluctantly .

Had she told abt it to Arnav in the first place , n Arnav didnt believe her, then it was totally Arnav's fault. But now by hiding some one's crime, she is a partner in crime!!
N who is at the receiving end, she, herself, she should understand that!

Edited by UltimateBarun - 12 years ago
Originally posted by sunaina02

Exactly - Khushi had the choice to break Payals marriage and not be forced into her wedlock. She need not carry the responsibility of making Payal happy on her "18 -year" shoulders.
Thanks dear.. thats exactly my point...more than that she could have trusted Akash to stand by payal..if she believes he loves her..but this serial makers projected her as savior and angel..but to me she is human..she has her share of mistakes too.. why she carries all burden of family...there are elders too who can take decision..she could have trusted anjali and nani too to stand by her...
Originally posted by UltimateBarun

I understand Di,, N I am decent enough to respect other's POV's. Agreeing or disagreeing is totally a different story! n who knows it better than u regarding agree/disagree philosophy😉

My Point here is If Arnav is flawed then Khushi is no angel either!  @ red, u kinda accept that! Forced marriage or making her sleep by the pool side is something even I will disapprove, bt Y people just keep pointing at Arnav?

I think Khuhsi Hiding Shyam's intentions is only landing her into deeper troubles, But people say Khushi is never at fault,..so I kinda called off the discussion saying if she is never at fault,, then she is an angel n my discussion was regarding two flawed Humans, (one more than the other)

Also if Shyam had forced her into such a marriage,(secret one) with the same point taking ad\vantage of his position as damaad ji, she would have married him? I dont think so,,,She knows Arnav, n loves him, she gave into it though  reluctantly .

Had she told abt it to Arnav in the first place , n Arnav didnt believe her, then it was totally Arnav's fault. But now by hiding some one's crime, she is a partner in crime!!
N who is at the receiving end, she, herself, she should understand that!

I will comment on the red part of your post zoha

Khushi's acts are idiotic, - they are not criminal
ASR's acts are vicious - they are qualified as criminal in any court of law 9coercion, fake marriage, abuse etc etc)

Big difference between idiotic behavior and criminality. They are flawed but their flaws are NOT EQUAL and they are not comparable on any scale.

Originally posted by sunaina02

If I was @ khushi's place, I would not have given,,into the marriage,, unless my love n faith in arnavv prompted me to do so, n I think she gave in coz it's Arnav ..her only love!,😉

@sunaina

If these characters were for reaI i think arnav wiII be in jaiI by now but these shows and our society beIieves in ideaI bahu

ideaI for the worId , hw i cant get it  if they cant get justice for themseIves , that way khushi is wrong just my pov

Thanks dear.. thats exactly my point...more than that she could have trusted Akash to stand by payal..if she believes he loves her..but this serial makers projected her as savior and angel..but to me she is human..she has her share of mistakes too.. why she carries all burden of family...there are elders too who can take decision..she could have trusted anjali and nani too to stand by her...

a big point is lost here.
comparing khush's idiotic behavior to ASR's criminal behavior are not one and the same.

ok, we can accept this as the need for drama, ASR had to "force" marriage because it helps take the drama forward. I understand that

but lets not compare the two flaws on the same scale. They are not even CLOSE to be on the same scale.

Hey there, well everyone has right to there opinion..so are you..but I disagree with one fact..khushi was blackmailed for this marriage fine..but she did have her choices..it was not as arnav didnt give her any choice...yes what he did was not correct..but i dont think it was crime..she chose to marry arnav in full senses... he gave her choice to either marry or he will not let payash wedding take place.. I agree she was blackmailed..but she could have let him do what he wanted...if she really didnt want to get into this marriage...here I dont say arnav was not at bigger fault..yes he was...ofcourse he was..I just want to say...khushi did have a choice...
Really? Rather contradictory on all counts isn't it?
Originally posted by UltimateBarun

If I was @ khushi's place, I would not have given,,into the marriage,, unless my love n faith in arnavv prompted me to do so, n I think she gave in coz it's Arnav ..her only love!,😉

thats not true zoha. many women are coerced into marriage because the truly believe they do not have a choice.

she has no faith in arnav right now. i can gaurantee you this very forum will excoriate Khushi when she rejects ASR in future when he comes begging for forgiveness. So lets put that debate to rest right now. She does NOT HAVE FAITH in ASR. Later, lets not argue that how can she not forgive ASR, she should trust him have faith in him etc etc etc. Lets understand that she has no faith in him right now.

that said, if khushi had not married ASR then there would be no drama right? so for drama's sake lets assume she was forced into marrying ASR.

Now ASR had other choices too didn't he? was this his best option to take revenge on his brother in law? was this his best most brilliant opportunity to settle the issues of his Di?