VirMaan SS - It takes three to confess

scribbles thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello guys! So I usually start SS and FF and never finish them, but here's yet another story! Anyone on TVC has probably already read it, but please do share your views! =)

Cant wait to hear any comments! =)

Edited by bibbo - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scribbles thumbnail
Maanvi didn't know it, but Viraat was watching her. Like a hawk. While he pretended to read the morning paper, he had himself angled so he looked like he was engrossed with the news, while in fact he was busy monitoring Maanvi.

Viraat thought back to his life's changes in the past week.

It had been a week since the Vadheras had found out about her cancer, a week since Dadaji had insisted that Maanvi be moved to their place in Chandigard, so that she would get the best treatment possible. It had also been a week since he had finally dumped Maya for good.

When Dadaji suggested that Maanvi move in with them, his fiance had thrown a fit saying that it was unacceptable for the kuwari Maanvi to live with them, saying that Maanvi gave off bad vibes. When no one listened to her, Maya started shouting and confessed that she hated Maanvi, and only tolerated her in the beginning so that she could help her get back with Viraat. During her angry outburst, Viraat saw the old Maya, the spoiled selfish brat, and when he called her up on it, she'd tried to sweet again. But Viraat had seen enough. Before Maanvi came back, he broke off his engagement, and was thankful too. He had other things on his mind - like his best friend - and he finally felt like he had his life's priorities in order.

Coming back to the present, he noticed how whenever someone spoke to Maanvi she would have a smile on her face, and spoke to them in a cheerful manner, but the moment that she thought no one was looking, she had a sad expression etched on her face. It killed Viraat to see her like that. He wanted to go up to her, hug her tight and tell her that nothing would go wrong with her - promise her that he would make sure of it. But every time he tried, the words stuck in his throat, for he did not want Maanvi to think that he was sympathizing.

Expelling the breath he did not know he was holding, Viraat put down the paper. It was no use pretending to read while he was blatantly staring at Maanvi. Thankfully though, she did not notice. Despite being ill, and oozing exhaustion, Maanvi was beautiful. Recently - perhaps even before Maya came back in his life - he found himself thinking a lot about Maanvi, and being at peace with himself whenever he did. Unable to give meaning to his feelings, Viraat was restless for the past few days while in her company.

Getting up and joining her on the sofa, Viraat grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. Reminiscing about the time they shared an apple together, he decided to tease her into sharing another one today. Just as Maanvi looked up to him, the front doors chimed announcing someone's arrival. Viraat slumped on the sofa ignoring the door.

"Viraat! Someone's at the door"

"Yeah, I heard. So?"

"So? So go check who it is! You have no manners."

"We have butlers Maanvi. Someone will get it. Relax

As Maanvi glared at him, door rang for the third time. Kahan maar gaye saab? Virat thought. Seeing Maanvi getting up, Viraat got off the couch himself, signaling her to relax. "sit. I'll be back"

As he opened the door, the door rang once again. Whoever was at the door seriously lacked patience.

"Keep your shirt on! I'm opening it" was the welcome Viraat gave as he opened the doors.  The moment he saw the man on the other side of the door, his guard went up.

"Does a Maanvi Chaudry stay here?" the stranger asked.

Upon hearing Maanvi's name, Viraat considered the man once again. While giving him the once-over, the strangers bucked up, and stood straightening his tall demeanor. Eye to eye, he was tall, good looking, and with an easy smile on his lips. All qualities Viraat hated in him on sight.

"yeah. Yeah she does."

While Viraat didn't budge, the stranger gave him a look, "so. You going to invite me in, or at least call her out?"

"I will. I need to know who's calling for her though- your name?"

Before the stranger could respond, Viraat felt heavy footsteps and then felt Maanvi rush into the man's arms, and watched him spin her in the air. Clenching his fists, Viraat looked away.

"Vivan! What are you doing here?!" an excited Maanvi asked.

Still holding her in an embrace, Vivan responded, "when I didn't see you Friday night, I went to your house, and Beeji told me you would be here. I decided to take on a road trip. Happy to see me here?"

Reaching to close her arms around him again, Maanvi responded "of course!"

Viraat was sure he would either punch Vivan in the face if he continued to hold Maanvi like to, or at least close the door on their face. He knew neither would sit well with Maanvi, and so opted for clearing his throat, reminding them both of his presence

When they both looked up in unison, with similar expressions on their faces - as if caught in an illicit act, Viraat asked, "you guys want to come in, or put on a show the neighbours?"

Maanvi rolled her eyes, and holding onto Vivan's hands, pulled him inside. "Did you find the place easy?"

"Yeah. I only got lost three times. Must say, all the houses in this area look like mansions. When I finally found this place, I was so close to leaving. The building alone is very intermediating."

When Maanvi laughed and continued to chat with Viven, Viraat followed close by. Vivan did not sound like good news, and Viraat wanted to stay close in case anything happened. And seeing as how both of them were oblivious to them, he decided to butt-in into their conversation.

"So Vivan. Whatchu doing here? 'Hi' boliya na? Now what do you want? I mean, what are your plans?" when Maanvi winced, he knew he was being rude, but he could not care.

"Actually -" waiting to hear his name, Maanvi contributed and whispered "Viraat"

"Actually Viraat, Maanvi and I go to the same college. When I didn't see her in our classes last week, I decided to find her so I could give her the lecture notes. We have exams starting in a week, and knew that she would need the notes to study with."

"You've come a long way - to just drop off notes. Nice" even though he tried, he couldn't keep the sarcasm away from his voice. Vivan apparently didn't get it, and just smiled and nodded his head.

"We're best friends! I know she would have done the same thing for me had I missed classes so close to finals." Saying this, Vivan reached for Maanvi's hand and enveloped it within his own.

Best friends? Viraat was Maanvi's best friend! Who did this cartoon think he was, calling himself her best friend? And why did he feel the need to touch her at every chance he got.

Viraat did not have a good feeling with this guy. With a surge of protectiveness, and a feeling that some might call jealous (even though he reminded himself that of course, he wasn't), Viraat resolved to hang around long enough to find out Vivan's intentions.
Edited by bibbo - 12 years ago
luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey, that was nice... Would love to see a jealous Viraat
Pls PM me the next time you update...
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Bibbo been a while on this forum ! I kept up with your ff on ipkknd but glad you started one here again. Interesting start. Virat has so many layers to his characters that seeing him go through so many emotions just intrigues me. I was actually expecting Manan to be at the door since he is quite invested in Manvi's treatment. So I shall be waiting for your update Edited by canuck-umz - 12 years ago
hilly thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This was just too cute... awwwh @ Viraat being jealous, huh ?! tehee.. now that's a sight to see... 
can't wait for the next update ! :) 
zenia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

nice yaar...

jealousy and all haan... nice
keep it up
scribbles thumbnail
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Bibbo been a while on this forum ! I kept up with your ff on ipkknd but glad you started one here again. Interesting start. Virat has so many layers to his characters that seeing him go through so many emotions just intrigues me. I was actually expecting Manan to be at the door since he is quite invested in Manvi's treatment. So I shall be waiting for your update

awnn thanks honey! =)
i have another VirMan FF it is called "pehle huvi takrar" it has about 6 chapters i think, if you want to go and have a read =)
princess258 thumbnail
i lovd it os just pmm me and  plzzz conti... sooon as possile... 
miss_choxz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
this is sooo amazing...u write well,,,,,,,,

please update soon... 

and add me to ur please

eagaerly waiting for your next updayte
nirbasito thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

good start.  

Please do continue !!