pc17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Hey! Wrote yep another OS 😛 I absolutely loved yesterday's episode so this is inspired by that. I wasn't going to write but I felt an urge to write when I was listening to Sia's cover of "I go to sleep". So here is this rather short OS. Happy reading!

Arnav worked away on his laptop, trying to busy himself. Take himself away from those thoughts...thoughts about her.  His efforts had so far been in vain. He glanced at the clock, which read ten o'clock. It had been two whole hours since he had finally discovered his wife still existed, tucked away in a corner while narrating a horror story to a very rowdy bunch of children. Arnav's jaw clenched. Just what exactly was she playing at?

Subconsciously he thought back to when he first saw her. He had been left winded as his hungry eyes roamed over her excited countenance, like a starved person's. Her face had been so animated, alight with amusement, leaving him almost entranced. His hands had itched to reach out and touch her but he had controlled himself just in the nick of time. Arnav berated himself and her. Would these stupid feelings ever be quelled? Ever diminish? He clenched his fists as his fingers still tingled with the memory of when he caught her falling frame as she had jumped up and bumped into him. Those hands he had wound round her waist...

He slammed his laptop down and reclined back in his chair by the poolside, lifting an arm and covering his face with it. Why the hell was he so weak?

And the children...where had she picked them up from? She knew how he hated having kids about, not to mention all the noise. He hated it with a passion and she knew. But of course she had probably done this with the precise reason to get back at him. He hadn't even been able to do anything apart from say a "What the?", give an angry glare, spit out "Khushi I want to talk to you. Bedroom now!", before storming off towards his room. He was too overcome with emotions he did not want to dwell on or identify, to think about saying anything more. He would see to her tonight, he decided. Though a tiny part of him-a very tiny part-was a little relieved to find her still in the house, in front of his eyes. And now she would have no choice but to come up and see him.

He heard the gentle, distinct clinking of her anklets. The sound he had come to associate her by. Smiling to himself, he slowly brought the arm covering part of his face down and sat up in his seat.

"You're two hours late."

She simply did not say anything. He turned his head to see her stroll towards her side of the bed and sit down on the edge. She was ignoring him?! He furiously got up and strode inside.

"Khushi! Did you hear me? I'm talking to you. Where have you been?!"

Khushi turned to face him, her face calm and strong. He was taken aback.

"Oh I heard you Mr Raizada. But why are you so angry? You got what you want."

"WHAT? Of course I'm angry, I have every reason to be!"

Now Khushi got up, very much fired up.

"Really? Well I don't see why you should be. I gave you what you want. You didn't have to see my face!" she spat at him.

Arnav clenched his fists. Why was she shouting at him?! He was supposed to be the one taking her class here.

"What the?"

"You don't want to see my face right? Living with me is hell right? Toh khush hojaye! You will no longer have to see my face any longer than is necessary!"

"WHAT?!" Arnav gawked at her incredulous. So this was what this was all about? She was punishing him...what was he even thinking? This wasn't punishment. She was giving him what he had asked for, what he apparently wanted. His jaw twitched.

He crossed his arms. "Yeah well good! That's right. This is what I wanted!" his voice cracked on the last word, but he pushed through unconvincingly. "So your plan is to read stories to those kids all day long? Dropping the dhabba business? Well that's brilliant-at least you'll be out of my hair! I will no longer have to see you in the office ever. I must say you've found your perfect place in life seeing as you're the rowdiest and silliest kid of all! Just don't let yourself or those kids near me and I'll be the happiest person alive! " He twitched, as the regret instantly flooded him.

"Fine!" she bit back.

He looked into her crest-fallen face, saw her teary eyes and flinched. But she didn't say another word. He watched her silently, fighting an inner turmoil, while she lay herself down on her side on top of the bed and turned off the bedside lamp.

"Fine!" he murmured. He stomped over to the recliner, letting out a yelp of pain as he banged his foot against something hard.

It wasn't fine. He couldn't sleep. Just how dare she try to avoid him!...She wouldn't really be able to not show him her face right? She had to sleep somewhere didn't she? Though she had managed to avoid sleeping in the room last night...come to think of it where did she sleep last night? Did she come in after he fell asleep and then wake and leave before he got up? Was it her intention to do that for the rest of the six months?... Six months...

He sighed, having had enough of his overactive brain. "Khushi?"

There was no reply.

"Khushi? Are you asleep?"

Again there was silence. He took a deep breath; she probably was asleep. He could hear shallow breathing.

"Khushi...what I said earlier-about you making my life hell..." he scrunched his eyes, chiding himself. His voice came out quiet. "I didn't mean it...it was a lie-actually it wasn't a lie. You DO make my life hell...but somehow I don't hate it...  all the noise and the pain in the backside that comes with it isn't all bad." He ruffled his hair, in embarrassment and frustration. "Argh! What the hell am I saying? It doesn't even make sense!" he hissed.

He was glad for the darkness at this point in time, which would have saved him from the embarrassment of her seeing the scarlet colour creeping up on his cheeks had she been awake. After several long moments, he meandered his head somewhat towards her lying from and squinted his eyes as they tried to adjust to the darkness. He could just about make out her silhouette and felt a sense of elation pour over him. This was just right-the picture finally felt completed after those long days of emptiness. His eyes began to sting so he shut them abruptly, not willing to accept this moment of weakness. What the hell was wrong with him? Why was he being so emotional? Arnav blushed wildly and cursed himself. Thank goodness she was asleep and had heard none of this, otherwise he would have been in trouble. But well...since she was asleep he might as well take this opportunity to get something off his chest, he thought. A thought that had stolen his peace over the past couple of days.

"Khushi ...I guess what I am trying to say is that, well...I don't want to ever return, ever again, to find you not there. Never."

He felt hot but peculiarly lighter, lighter than he had in days. Turning his head back around and adjusting himself on the recliner, he dozed into the most restful sleep he had had in days, while a soft smile played on his lips. He slept completely unaware of the muffled sobs coming from the direction of the bed.

If you would like PMs for any work in future, please do buddy me! Easier than having a PM list! (I'm too lazy for all that!)

Preity xxx

Edited by pc17 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nihita thumbnail
Awww sweets I loved the flow of the story and the last monologue was amazing...xxx
Rhysenn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful! Loved Arnav's confession, but felt bad for Khushi. 😊
-daffodils- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
RES..
fab...i luved the way u narrated his emotions and feelings...
all the dailogues..was so realistic as it was specially fabricated for
 Arnav and Khushi... ...i like the way he deliverd his feelings by hoping that Khushi has slept...here we can c his transitin frm asr to arnav...so awwweee
But the last line regarding Khushis muffling sobbing has pricked
my heart...😭
As always..this os also highlightened ur signature...

take care...
Edited by -vaidehi- - 12 years ago
fatprincess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Awww dat was so nice. It was really good and stayed true to the characters 👏. Plus ASR switchin to arnav.. .😍
kajal620 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
good one...cntnu if u can..her pov
ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awww.. its beautiful.. 
subiscs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awww!!!!!! loved it 😊