Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@JR...
I share the same fear... cause to much dragging kills a show and then Channel see a drop in TRP's and end the show... a good example is the new Ramayan.. the Luv kush story was dragged to much and later the Cv's didn't got a change to give it a decent ending..

a PH who did that is Sagars,  they killed the main concept...look at the way Jai Jai hanuman, DBSK are dragged... and above that it's mocking the real story...

will give the Om namah Shivaye a try... I heard Deeraj did research for 10 years before making the serial...

and yes let's hope the story off DKDM improves...otherwise I will watch it only so me can ogle at Mohit☺️🤣...

Ps. follow the discussion on the Doubt tread...the gals are giving good info about Shiv and the puran's...
kkr531 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: prankz

without hurting anyones sentiments i would like to just ask a question...what made certain entities godlike or god?? it was through their actions and deeds that they came to be revered as god...and why cant we accept that these very great entities that we worship today were many eons a ago humans who had done such great deeds for mankind that they became god. why is it so hard for us to accept human emotions in god?? if we believe that god created the universe...then we need to believe that these emotions and feelings of love was introduced to mankind by god himself...so whats so insulting or degrading if pure love is being depicted between shiv and sati...after watching the show atleast i believe that the very concept of love started with shiv and sati...again..this is entirely my opinion...n i dont wanna hurt anybody sentiments...

your presumption is not correct certain entities were identified with god rather than they became God
once the person gets identified with god, the humanistic emotions and the separate existence of that person cease, and since these god like entities are worshiped by millions of people   their humanistic emotions and qualities cease to exist and people worship only divinity in them rather than human emotions. so when such people are being depicted , certain care is to be taken so that humanistic portrayal does not dominate the divinity aspect and their actions should suggest divinity rather than human emotions.

all of the forum members are mesmerized by mouni and mohit's action  so that they ignore this aspect. there many unexplained points which underscore the divinity aspect of the characters

1) Sati is always crying, helpless, damsel in distress, does'nt know her destiny and even forgets her destiny even after being mentioned by markandeya and even after her pooja by brahma and vishnu . that does'nt make any sense in anyway. this is DKDM version

compare this with sati depicted in shiv puran or devi puran she was human there too but divinity dominated the human aspect

2) Mahadev emphatically says sati' s marriage with him is asambhav but  he marries her, is this not undermining divinity of shiva. even an explanation is not given for this.

argument sati is human does not also stand as revati is happily married to chandra who is not human

3)  Daksh in swayamvar scene even defies brahma that is even more ridiculous  a mere human defying the creator and Vishnu gives him boon even after all this nautanki. so this definitely damages the credibility of show.

4)  Lord Shiva whose darshan is itself durlabh even after thousands of years of penance will now become ghar jamai of daksh. does that make sense in anyway

5) when i last heard sati was still ayogya for shiv then why the marraige happened.

so the point is when too many illogicals creep up into the show that mars the credibility of the show, people who like sati and shiv romance may still like it but the point it will just another show
which will be soon forgotten if such things continue.

the starting of the show was promise us many more things but  i am afraid to say from the start of jal samadhi track its slowly but steadily going downhill.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Many seem to misunderstand Gods' emotions here. God does not feel emotions, because he is not human. All the emotions he displayed in the puranas is for the sake of humans, to help us understand him better. All the emotional doings of God were his leelas. In reality, he does not feel sadness, happiness, pain, anxiety, fear, etc, because those are all connected to Earthly beings and Gods is universal. He is omnipotent.

Only exception is incarnations...incarnations of God may have felt emotions (though we cannot really say since we don't know), because they were born amongst humans. HOWEVER, Lord Shiva was not an incarnation. He, Vishnu, and Brahma are the divine trinity and are the Gods of all other Gods. Incarnations of Shiva like Hanuman may have felt emotions, and incarnations of Vishnu like Ram and Krishna may have felt emotions, but the trinity themselves never did.

As Sati Devi was an incarnation, she too may have felt emotions, BUT the difference is in the kinds of emotions she felt. I do not believe Sati Devi felt the emotions as depicted by DkDM, because she is portrayed to be very weepy, weak-minded, and clingy in this serial. She sometimes does not have faith in Lord Shiva that he will make everything right, and she is constantly complaining. Those are not just emotions...those are imperfections and God was never imperfect.

kkr531 explained very well about the difference in feeling emotions and showing divinity. While showing emotions. Gods' incarnations always displayed more divinity than other humans around them. Whether it be the divine Goddess' incarnations like Sita, Radha, Rukmini, Sati, or Parvathi, or the Gods' incarnations like Hanuman, Ram, Krishna, etc, they always showed more divinity than just human emotions and that is what's important. If a mythological serial shows Gods showing more human emotions than divinity, the charm is lost and viewers will lose interest. It is inevitable.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: shali

@JR...

I share the same fear... cause to much dragging kills a show and then Channel see a drop in TRP's and end the show... a good example is the new Ramayan.. the Luv kush story was dragged to much and later the Cv's didn't got a change to give it a decent ending..

a PH who did that is Sagars,  they killed the main concept...look at the way Jai Jai hanuman, DBSK are dragged... and above that it's mocking the real story...

will give the Om namah Shivaye a try... I heard Deeraj did research for 10 years before making the serial...

and yes let's hope the story off DKDM improves...otherwise I will watch it only so me can ogle at Mohit☺️🤣...

Ps. follow the discussion on the Doubt tread...the gals are giving good info about Shiv and the puran's...

More than dragging, the problem with Ramayan's Uttarkand was that they showed those baseless Luv Kush adventures that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.🤪 They lasted for like two weeks and made viewers wonder whether they were watching Ramayan or Luv Kush puraan, but if those two weeks were not there, Uttarkand was actually not that long. The pace of Sita's exile and the her stay at Valmiki ashram was just about right. It's true that they gave the show a hurried ending, but it was better than the ending they gave Jai Shri Krishna...at least Ramayan showed Sita's Mahaprasthaan and Ram's Mahaprayaan. Jai Shri Krishna was aiming for Krishna-Jarasandh battles, but the Colors channel told them to cut it during the Uddhav scenes, it was a very botchy ending.

My problem with Ramayan was during the middle of Kishkindha Kanda and the middle-end of Yuddha Kanda. They dragged the monsoon season in Kishkindha Kanda and showed a lot of boring scenes so that Ravan Vadh was more dramatic...this happens in many Sagar shows. They start off really well and then have over-confidence in the high TRPs they get...but once they drop they pick up again, and then the same over-confidence repeats.

I'm happy that another production house is attempting to do mythology, but Nikhil Sinha can take a few tips from the Sagars on characterization...the Sagars themselves have faults, but they have done more research on the puranas than DkDM's team. Of course, the exceptions are DBSK and Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali, which the Sagars have messed up beyond anything, but they had large viewership during the new Ramayan and most of Jai Shri Krishna. After those two shows ended their popularity started decreasing.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago