Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: HiphopStahKiran

I am sure you do not live in Punjab or between Punjabis.. because otherwise you would have known that. I do and I have heard a lot about Gandhi, I mean stories and for me they are facts because I trust them but for you they might not be facts.. he could have done more to save Bhagat Singh but he didn't!
Gandhi was prepared to see Bhagat Singh hang on the gallows for the rise of his own principles.

Stories as facts because you trust them 😲 what next
Not surprising that some countries believe in censoring the stories!
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Ah my good friend Gandhiji.
I think it is quite common to always see imperfections in others.
The Earth is not round either, but it works well for me.😆
But then we always see what we want to see.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

See, everyone has good and bad qualities in them. And one must appreciate where it's due.

You have to take good qualities.. he played a major role in imparting the non-cooperation movement, concept of ahimsa, Swaraj etc etc. Now, just imagine how much of chaos would there have been in India if people did not resort to non-cooperation movement, went crazy and caused riots in a destructive manner ??

He saved the society from plenty of destruction and loss. He also had a good influence over the colonials through his gentle passive approach.

He also opposed child marriage, purdah, untouchability for the emancipation of Indians.

Coming to him sleeping with girls, that's his PERSONAL life. One has no right to comment on it... I also read that he trashed his wife in public for not doing some domestic chores, again, that's his personal life..PLUS - there's no reliable source to prove such rumors or whatever. Anyways, whether he has slept with girls or abused his wife, it's all none of my business.. What matters is how big an influence he has made in India, and his beautiful concept of non-cooperation and non-resistance movement in a passive manner :)
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: zorrro

Awesome.I am impressed. How about transferring the title of Mahatma from Gandhi to Nathuram Godse for his and Mahan act [:D]That should make Gandhi's detractors happier [LOL]

if u cant make out the difference between criticism and hater's and m very sorry i cant help u
m nt a gandhi hater i hav given the link in context of the title of the thread which is opened and not to degrade the character of gandhi
he was,is and will be a freedom fighter but i dont agree with the title mahatma given to him,all said thats my view its upto u to agree or not.
If i say nehru was responsible for india's defeat in 1962 not becoz just that he was the PM no one would agree i could well give the facts to u but the large majority of people in india dnt knw that n consider him a great person,same goes with gandhi the facts have been hidden from public preview so how can u debate when people are not able to believe only what is the otherside of the story (i hav given here facts stating that if u hav read earlier posts)
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

lMAO Zorro ji[=))]...I was thinking the same thing...ki ab ye naubat aa gayi hai...ki hume ab murderes se shiksha leni padegi[xx(]...BTW do u know if Mahatma Osama B laden...and Mahatma Kasab have written any books to enlighten us?

dnt mock other people just coz u cant take what is being said or debated,
i never said i agree with what nathuram godse did but that is also other side of a story which remains to be told
and dnt use name of terrorist,i respect the freedom fighter's although i may not agree with what gandhi did
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Minnie and Kirran - I m a Lahori .. i often pass through Shadman interaction...where Bhagat Singh was hanged... But i honestly don't know why it is said Gandhi could have saved him (admittedly i m very ignorant about alot of things 😆)
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Arwen- Maybe you should ask your Grandparents or maybe even parents about it, they must know it! Whole Punjab knows it and that's why you would never find any Punjabi who adores or likes "Gandhi". Gandhi couldn't stand the fact that the youth was more behind Bhagat than him, he could have done more or put more pressure on the British to save Bhagat but he never did it because of that.
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome post King ji...⭐️
Regarding the higlighted part...please don't keep any doubts...Gandhi ji is respected by billions all over the world and India...on this thread you will see members like Souro, RTH and Tannishta discussing his actions and putting their views...if they disagree with some of his actions doesn't mean DISRESPECT...Now as a grown up when I look back...I do question some of the decisions my parents made...but that was their perspective...and even I may not agree with some...I have the utmost RESPECT for my parents...

You would only see a few thumping their chest in glee here...that oh...good that some f*cking a*shole...Godse killed Gandhiji...but people holding these views and who feel happy that a leader was assassinated...are thankfully...just a handful...and they are entitled to their views...which they form probably after reading books and articles by looney tunes and even murderes...well this is the perk of living in a free and democratic country...for which I ofcourse thank Gandhiji and all the freedom fighters...😛

thanks though i think i got a bit harsh with my advice there lol. however we are being called fools too. that was just me being sarcastic. dont worry i have no doubts and nothing that has been said here has convinced me to be otherwise. i rarely change my views about common people let alone such a great leader of past so many centuries.

Originally posted by: souro

Why is it no use to tell anything to those people who actually were a victim and not just feigning to have been victimised?

If you're asking why Gandhi is to be blamed, let's also ask why he shouldn't be blamed. Gandhi chose to lead the Congress and a movement. He chose to be the person who will negotiate with the Brits and the Muslims. The people of Bengal/ Punjab didn't force him to. Agreed that the people of Bengal/ Punjab are also to be blamed for causing riot, but as a party involved in all the politics, why give a clean chit to Gandhi?

When did anyone say anything about him gaining from the massacres? The question was about his failure as a leader. Some major incident happened which involved mass murder and rape, the self appointed leaders at that time failed to prevent it, therefore they should share the blame. Gandhi happens to be one of those leaders, and so, he should also share the blame. Do you agree to that?

From where have you come to this point about a state vs India? An incident will happen at some place. That place will be situated in some state. Citing that incident doesn't mean that one is only thinking about that state in particular. There might be dozen other incidents spread over dozen other states. What will you say, that they are the problems of each of those individual states? How long will you carry on that way? Till all the states that are there are covered and only then acknowledge that it's a problem that India shared and therefore the leader did fail?

I am sure anyone who has tried it knows the futility very well.

If people did not force him to they neither stopped him when they could have.  In hind sight it is very easy to blame anyone.

Every  person acts according to his beliefs. Gandhi did what he felt best at that time and enjoyed the support of the majority of Indians.

Now who said anything about Gandhi gaining from the massacres? That is your own assumption.  What  I meant was to say was that Gandhi does not seem to have had any personal gain in mind when he took up cudgels on behalf of the Indians who were being oppressed under the British regime. Anyone who took on the British at that time did so with a risk factor. Criticising the freedom fighters from the comforts of their home in  Free India sitting  with our laptops  is the easiest thing to do.

If you go through the post that prompted me to make the comparison between a state and India it will be very clear to you. It wasnt just one incident that was cited from a particular state . All examples quoted and the leaders quoted in that post belonged to that particular state thereby conveying a state centric focus. However the later post cleared some of that and I stated so in my earlier post.

Originally posted by: HiphopStahKiran

I am sure you do not live in Punjab or between Punjabis.. because otherwise you would have known that. I do and I have heard a lot about Gandhi, I mean stories and for me they are facts because I trust them but for you they might not be facts.. he could have done more to save Bhagat Singh but he didn't!
Gandhi was prepared to see Bhagat Singh hang on the gallows for the rise of his own principles.

Looks like people who approved of violent means to freedom did not somehow approve of the violent end that Bhagat Singh and other revolutionaries met and quite understably so. The expectation that Gandhi who stood for  non violent means to achieving freedom should have somehow been able to prevent the violent end of these revolutionaries at the hand of those against whom they used violent means appears to have been very high. 🤓