Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Pratamesh

WHY I KILLED GANDHI - Nathuram Godse's Final Address to the Court,
read it to know what gandhi had been doing and why he isnt a mahatma
http://smileosmile.com/celebrities/why-i-killed-gandhi-nathuram-godses-final-address-to-the-court/

Awesome. I am impressed.  How about transferring the title of Mahatma from Gandhi to Nathuram Godse for his brave and Mahan act πŸ˜ƒ That should make Gandhi's detractors happier πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: HiphopStahKiran

Don't know about the other points there, have never really researched or heard about them but Gandhi could save Bhagat Singh which he never did, and I know that for a fact. That just ruined his whole "mahaan" image for me..

Wow do we have someone from the Gandhi era amongst us? πŸ˜•  Now who else could have known that for a fact πŸ˜ƒ My pleasure to meet you. Could you enlighten us with that fact please?
Gandhi must have been much more  powerful than I had imagined πŸ€“Edited by zorrro - 12 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: zorrro

Awesome. I am impressed.  How about transferring the title of Mahatma from Gandhi to Nathuram Godse for his brave and Mahan act πŸ˜ƒ That should make Gandhi's detractors happier πŸ˜†

lMAO Zorro ji🀣...I was thinking the same thing...ki ab ye naubat aa gayi hai...ki hume ab murderes se shiksha leni padegi🀒...BTW do u know if Mahatma Osama B laden...and Mahatma Kasab have written any books to enlighten us?
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Wow do we have someone from the Gandhi era amongst us? πŸ˜•  Now who else could have known that for a fact πŸ˜ƒ My pleasure to meet you. Could you enlighten us with that fact please?
Gandhi must have been much more  powerful than I had imagined πŸ€“

ye bilkul waisa he fact hai...jaise opening post wale facts hainπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

LeadNitrate thumbnail

It is never any use telling anything to people who are in the victimization mode. If the whole of India was stable other than Bengal or Punjab  why lay the blame about their condition on one person, Gandhi? He could have easily chosen to suffer the British atrocities in a more laid back manner  like the unfortunate people you mention. What did he gain anyway? And FYI even pre partition India was much more than what it is now and certainly not confined to one particular state.

I simply refuted your statement about gandhiji's focus.
Did i blame Gandhi for their condition : no. I said he let bengal suffer when he could have stopped surahbardi and its a fact. You can check it yourself.
Did i dispute  his contributions: No
You were the one who mentioned west bengal,saying his focus must have been whole of India, so i had to tell you what you call west bengal was not the Bengal that suffered. The fact that noakhali riot happened, a genocide happened , which he could not do anything to prevent and he visited the place after everything was over and sat for a fast there which did not solve anything: I count that as failure.
he was a great man with great failures. Why is it so hard for you to accept that some people might not view him as the MAHATMA?

Some people might oppose your view and to support it they might have posted the view of Nathuram Godse's view, that does not entitle you to mock them and their view in anyway.
Originally posted by: Tannistha

I simply refuted your statement about gandhiji's focus.
Did i blame Gandhi for their condition : no. I said he let bengal suffer when he could have stopped surahbardi and its a fact. You can check it yourself.
Did i dispute  his contributions: No
You were the one who mentioned west bengal,saying his focus must have been whole of India, so i had to tell you what you call west bengal was not the Bengal that suffered. The fact that noakhali riot happened, a genocide happened , which he could not do anything to prevent and he visited the place after everything was over and sat for a fast there which did not solve anything: I count that as failure.

Lets get it straight that Gandhi was just a human being and not God who had a solution to everything.

he was a great man with great failures. Why is it so hard for you to accept that some people might not view him as the MAHATMA?
No trouble with accepting that.

Some people might oppose your view and to support it they might have posted the view of Nathuram Godse's view, that does not entitle you to mock them and their view in anyway.

If people have the liberty to mock a man that is revered the world over should I too not have the liberty to mock those who mock πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

edited to add that I get your point 😊

Edited by zorrro - 12 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

If people have the liberty to mock a man that is revered the world over should I too not have the liberty to mock those who mock πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Let's get something straight, he didn't mock anyone, he presented his views and the base on which his views are founded. If you don't agree with him, present your counter views. There is no need to 'mock' anyone.
souro thumbnail

Where did the idea of conferring 'Mahatma' title for Nathuram Godse come from?
souro thumbnail

It is never any use telling anything to people who are in the victimization mode. If the whole of India was stable other than Bengal or Punjab  why lay the blame about their condition on one person, Gandhi? He could have easily chosen to suffer the British atrocities in a more laid back manner  like the unfortunate people you mention. What did he gain anyway? And FYI even pre partition India was much more than what it is now and certainly not confined to one particular state.

Why is it no use to tell anything to those people who actually were a victim and not just feigning to have been victimised?

If you're asking why Gandhi is to be blamed, let's also ask why he shouldn't be blamed. Gandhi chose to lead the Congress and a movement. He chose to be the person who will negotiate with the Brits and the Muslims. The people of Bengal/ Punjab didn't force him to. Agreed that the people of Bengal/ Punjab are also to be blamed for causing riot, but as a party involved in all the politics, why give a clean chit to Gandhi?

When did anyone say anything about him gaining from the massacres? The question was about his failure as a leader. Some major incident happened which involved mass murder and rape, the self appointed leaders at that time failed to prevent it, therefore they should share the blame. Gandhi happens to be one of those leaders, and so, he should also share the blame. Do you agree to that?

From where have you come to this point about a state vs India? An incident will happen at some place. That place will be situated in some state. Citing that incident doesn't mean that one is only thinking about that state in particular. There might be dozen other incidents spread over dozen other states. What will you say, that they are the problems of each of those individual states? How long will you carry on that way? Till all the states that are there are covered and only then acknowledge that it's a problem that India shared and therefore the leader did fail?

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I never really understood this .. Why do people say that Gandhi ji could have prevented the hanging of Bhagat Singh πŸ˜•? Did he that kind of influence over the Brits or what πŸ˜•?