Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

A short OS: A firefly's moment...

Posted: 12 years ago

A firefly's moment...

In the middle of the night, Navika...rather Nanhi - he preferred calling his angel of mischief Nanhi now, just as her mom did, unable to tolerate her imposing stares when he referred to her as chavanni -  ran out of the room without their knowing and it left them unguarded in the little space between them. The creaking of the door stirred her. With one hand rubbing her eyes, she rolled onto her stomach ready to tumble right back into the slumber from which she'd woken up and just then, gleaning through the haze of thick sleep, her eyes caught his face inches away from hers.

Much to her own surprise, she remained still, her eyelids managed a few blinks in an effort to clear her sight.

The table fan relentlessly swung to and fro in a semi-circle, sending gusts of the room air in their direction; his long curls suddenly flying away from his forehead, only to thump down again the next second. It was the first time she was watching him without his inquiring gaze fixed at her and so she looked on, taking in his angular jaw, the rasping of more than a 5' clock shadow there and the tuft of hair that perpetually came over the side of his face.

What made him a whole another person with Nanhi?, she asked herself remembering the evening they spent walking the streets of Indore with an embarrassing number of balloons tied to his wrist. She liked to think that he was only trying to give Nanhi a childhood that was free of the horrors that were around them. But just sometimes, like now when she'd uninhibitedly raised herself on her elbow, she believed that he did those things because he saw himself belonging in the small circle that only had Nanhi and her. 

And because, the small world of theirs came into being only during those times she acknowledged what she felt for him; lasting the ephemeral time that spanned between the flap of a firefly's wings, she wanted to let go. Bending down, she brushed a light kiss to his forehead while at the same time her fingers boldly, albeit with a shiver grazed his cheek.

"Promise me..." She whispered into the night, "you will be just as spiteful as you are always to me when you wake up..."

Her thumb stoked the remnants of a dimple beside his lips, as she said, "So I can kiss you for the times when you are not..."

That moment, she didn't fear he would wake up to her touch. He always slept like no one or nothing else existed beside him and Nanhi on that bed. She settled back into the pillow and in the shadows that the light played with, she watched him for a little while longer before her eyes closed down...

Forgetting the tinge of sindhoor that had marked his temple when she'd kissed him...

And the absent placing of her hand over his chest, to which he awakened the next morning. To  find her confined to her side of the bed and yet having reached over to center her palm in the hollow of his chest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Well, I started writing something in FF forum that was sparked off after watching the soap. But this short piece was just as fitting for Mohan and Megha as it was for my characters. So here you go...

Consider this as a scene from much ahead in the future, when Mohan and Megha are married, but are yet to express their love for each other.

Edited by 6th.Element - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sunna_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome OS! I won't ask you why they are married, if they are not in love and also reg. basing the story in Lucknow - though i wonder why? But it really doesn't matter. your OS is superb. 

Keep writing and thanks for sharing this. 

In my FF based off of a similar story line, the female lead does marry the male lead merely out of circumstances and so you will just have to read the other story, if you choose to that is, to find out more on this arrangement.

I fixed the place error - from Lucknow to Indore. Thanks!

Oh! yes...I chose this piece of Music to go with this update.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkVG1WzzG8[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by 6th.Element - 12 years ago
luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey, that was really beautiful...
Can you PM me when you update next??

-RadhaRani- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
how sweet yaar😍 i like your writing plz keep writing thanks a lot 
new-ray thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really nice one, if u will update it then pls. Pm to me.
oh aww that was so nicee & very cuteee  Plz do con & dont gorget to Pm :)
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This is simply wow! Speechless!
meghan_lover thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
excellent writing yaar...πŸ‘πŸΌ ...But I expect that they should fall in love first then get united...any way...it's a beautiful writing...keep it on and please pm me when u write the next update...
chennai28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well written. very nice 😊