Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

IPKKND - Lost in Translation

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Being infirmed and bedridden can sure bring things to prespective and also allows the time flexibility to ponder things with no time constrains...I honestly dont know what is happening. I as some of you know due to my condition have been online almost all day and this time I got the time to read every single post in detail and realised that story wise we are still at status quo.
I dont understand that why are we not able to post what we think??last time I checked this was an online forum where every member is allowed to post their opinion be that be positive or negative. Granted I will(please note I have that WILL and not MAY) not agree with every single person but that doesnt mean I will tell them to behave them in a way I would behave. To say to someone that stop the negativity and dont bash (I do not care for the term basher) is wrong and inappropiate in my opinion. If this is a personal blog of a person sure they have a right to say whatever they want not on a public forum. We are loyal fans and if we want some things from the show we have a right to ask it ...and because we do that to label us as pessimistic and bashers and negative people is wrong. I personally am a strong feminist and does not like the way ASR is behaving and have been quiet vocal about it at the same time I see so many loving ASR posts...i dont think I have ever told them not to say that???i dont expect them to in the same way I dont expect someone to tell me not to dislike him...

Now about the show, I read that it will take 6months for Arnav to realise Khushi was innocent????you are joking right???we knew that, it is nothing new but what bothers me is, so it is going to take him 6months to get to know the truth???till then we have to watch this mindless MU which has no basis to begin with??? Oh yes to say anything against the CV's is blasphemy in the same way to say anything against the mighty ASR is sacrilege...sorry I disagree...for me if it takes him 6months to realise it , he is not worth Khushi's love...for a man who has singlehandedly broken a girls spirit bit by bit, who has not left any stone to abuse her, torture her mentally and now once he gets to know the truth he will redeem himself?? how???she managed to take his bed, put her clothes in his closet, found favour with his family ...all because of her and no thanks to him...and her family accepted her...again all thanks to her and anjali whilst he just stood there and watched the drama unfold... So what is going to  be this great redemption????oh wait do I mean the consummation and love afterwards???wowww so he beds his wife and I am happy!!!!!! what baloney!!!!!!

I dont understand the need for this behaviour...and for people to say it doesnt pass any messsage, they dont realise the situation..again many may not agree but fiction is related to reality...proof being so many posts saying stop this and stop that!!!!! if it didnt affect them then why bother with those posts????

The fact is CV's need to know that good cast wont take them far, because story is a must...example: Shahrukh and Kareena - Ra.One...need I say more?????So unless this stupid MU is sorted this forum is going to be of same mindset...and for those who says after MU is sorted there is no story...well if this story is banking on this MU till the last show I am sorry to say show is over already...
CV needs to know Aamir Khan show is coming very soon on SP, and what Aamir wants he gets...so IPKKND better gets its rating high otherwise Mr Khan may want the 8:00pm slot and we all know SP will NOT say no to the mighty man...

I hope things change in coming weeks but not keeping my hopes high...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Vibha,

Agree with you.  I have read some posts today as well.  It is best to ignore these people.  They in some guise or other, pretend to know best and think they can lecture others on how to behave.
I have often questioned their motives.  They keep lecturing people like us saying, we are never satisfied and we are bashers.  They do not understand the word basher.
It is so ironic, that they take negative views on a fictional character like ASR as bashing and turn around and tell real humans they are being negative.
So humans cannot have negative feeling towards a fictional character, but a fellow human can have a negative (basher) view about fellow human being.
I am sorry to say this, this reeks of immaturity to me.  There is a difference of being a fan vs a fanatic.
These people honestly think, they will have a chance with Barun, if they love this show, ASR uncodnitionally.  No other logic seems to work why else they have more tolerance towards a anti hero fictional character but have no tolerance towards fellow human beings for having different opinions.
Rgds
Sudha.
PS : I have much more to say on this. But will post more later on.
Edited by stafhtad - 12 years ago
vibha28 thumbnail

Cant wait for your comments dear...sometimes I make posts just to hear your POV as it makes so much sense...
vibha28 thumbnail
Originally posted by: stafhtad

Vibha,

Agree with you.  I have read some posts today as well.  It is best to ignore these people.  They in some guise or other, pretend to know best and think they can lecture others on how to behave.
I have often questioned their motives.  They keep lecturing people like us saying, we are never satisfied and we are bashers.  They do not understand the word basher.
It is so ironic, that they take negative views on a fictional character like ASR as bashing and turn around and tell real humans they are being negative.
So humans cannot have negative feeling towards a fictional character, but a fellow human can have a negative (basher) view about fellow human being.
I am sorry to say this, this reeks of immaturity to me.  There is a difference of being a fan vs a fanatic.
These people honestly think, they will have a chance with Barun, if they love this show, ASR uncodnitionally.  No other logic seems to work why else they have more tolerance towards a anti hero fictional character but have no tolerance towards fellow human beings for having different opinions.
Rgds
Sudha.
PS : I have much more to say on this. But will post more later on.

Hey Lovie,
You hit the nail in the wall here darlin. I find it immature that they can tell us not to talk bad about a fictional character but then in turn say bad things about real people???thats logic. I read this long post today and all it said was how silly we are(thats us mahila morcha) and how we should just stop. Now I do not agree with that but I thought why should someone tell me how to behave towards a fictional character???? I leave them alone as well as to say something would be like speaking french to an indian village belle...she just wont get it😉

If you look at it in reality Barun doesnt care either way..he gets paid to do his job and he knew what he was getting into so to say they work 12-16hrs and we should respect that...well we do but its not as if they are doing us a favour???I love Barun and Sanaya and infact I love their chemistry more than anyone but that doesnt mean I will tolerate any BS thrown my way...I believe in humanity...if I see a person being told to do sit ups in public I will stop that ...same way if I see that on TV my way of rebeling is to say something on this forum and to tell me to not to do that is just sillyness..

What I have seen is that everyone writes about respecting other opinions but when push comes to shove no one really follows through...

P.S Thanks so much for making the special thread lovie, you rock👏
Maddy1270 thumbnail
well-said... there are so many ways this MU could have been resolved intelligently but that hasn't been the case... why doesn't asr come right out and accuse khushi of having an affair with shyam [he seems to be as blind to the clues strewn around as anjali!]? khushi can defend herself and leave it to asr to believe her or not... or realising the error of his ways, asr can start treating khushi as a human being [his ego might prevent him from ever admitting he was wrong], and when she realises the actual reasons behind his changed attitude, she could leave with her dignity and self-respect intact... at least, in such ways, the story might progress rather than remaining in a senseless rut!

about those who bash, wonder why they can't accept our point of view if we are expected to support theirs? I would criticise the CVs and director if they take the viewers for granted. please give us credit for some intelligence... just because we watch fiction doesn't mean we're not in tune with reality, and the more realistic something is, the more we can  relate to  and appreciate it!

we do commend the CVs when they create something good, like some of yesternight's scenes... so subtle and right!
vibha28 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maddy1270

well-said... there are so many ways this MU could have been resolved intelligently but that hasn't been the case... why doesn't asr come right out and accuse khushi of having an affair with shyam [he seems to be as blind to the clues strewn around as anjali!]? khushi can defend herself and leave it to asr to believe her or not... or realising the error of his ways, asr can start treating khushi as a human being [his ego might prevent him from ever admitting he was wrong], and when she realises the actual reasons behind his changed attitude, she could leave with her dignity and self-respect intact... at least, in such ways, the story might progress rather than remaining in a senseless rut!

about those who bash, wonder why they can't accept our point of view if we are expected to support theirs? I would criticise the CVs and director if they take the viewers for granted. please give us credit for some intelligence... just because we watch fiction doesn't mean we're not in tune with reality, and the more realistic something is, the more we can  relate to  and appreciate it!

we do commend the CVs when they create something good, like some of yesternight's scenes... so subtle and right!

Exactly!!!! why cant they accept our POV but want us to follow their rules????so if we dont agree that means we are negative???they dont have to agree but call us names and then say dont call names is bit contradictory in my view...perhaps thats just my simple mind talking but isnt that double standards???

True if CV's give us something good we will appreciate it no doubt but that doesnt stop me from not liking Barun and Sanaya...there is a reason why we have so many political parties...not everyone is going to support one view and one person...

Story wise to bank on this MU till last episode is just plain stupid...Arnav is supposed to be smart...had he been shown a naive gullible guy then I would have bought this MU no doubt, but he supposed to be a smart guy and to hurt a girl so much based on that is wrong in my view...well the TRP's prooves who has got upper hand here anyway...so lets see how the week pans out eh???
sukri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree with you gals.

Sudha - you are right you know, they think they have a chance with Barun and thats the only reason they are being so silly about everything. He doesnt even know the existance of the forum till couple of months back or these girls and he sure doesnt give a damn. Just like we do our job for 10-12 hours everyday and chill out with family n friends with no thoughts to work or its consequences, am sure he does the same.

Vibha - Even I was shocked with some of the posts which Sree n Sudha pointed out. The worst part is that these Teenagers think that they seem to have better understanding of relationships coz they have boyfriends or coz they are living abroad. The are outright rude to anyone who has to say anything other that Arnav is cute, handsome, hot, awesome, and what he does is perfect and expected of him.
Everyone else is a basher !!!

They need to understand 2 things
1- Most of us who are termed as bashers or nari morcha have been in a long term meaningful relationships and we know the difference between reality and fiction. So they can keep their advice to themselves and try to open their minds as to why people are saying certain things.

2. Our experience in TV shows watching is greater than their age. So they better not tell us when to switch on the tv/ switch to different show. We know what we are doing.
Edited by sukri - 12 years ago
SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sukri

I agree with you gals.

Sudha - you are right you know, they think they have a chance with Barun and thats the only reason they are being so silly about everything. He doesnt even know the existance of the forum till couple of months back or these girls and he sure doesnt give a damn. Just like we do our job for 10-12 hours everyday and chill out with family n friends with no thoughts to work or its consequences, am sure he does the same.

Vibha - Even I was shocked with some of the posts which Sree n Sudha pointed out. The worst part is that these Teenagers think that they seem to have better understanding of relationships coz they have boyfriends or coz they are living abroad. The are outright rude to anyone who has to say anything other that Arnav is cute, handsome, hot, awesome, and what he does is perfect and expected of him.
Everyone else is a basher !!!

They need to understand 2 things
1- Most of us who are termed as bashers or nari morcha have been in a long term meaningful relationships and we know the difference between reality and fiction. So they can keep their advice to themselves and try to open their minds as to why people are saying certain things.

2. Our experience in TV shows watching is greater than their age. So they better not tell us when to switch on the tv/ switch to different show. We know what we are doing.

Subha,
Agree completely with your points.  Yes.  I get shocked when some of these posters claim they are 13 or 14.  And they have the gumption to tell what adults should be doing and not doing.  I don't remember who, but there was one 14 year old who said, she wishes for a ASR in her life.  She was specific to mention not Arnav but ASR.   She was intelligent enough to know the difference between ASR and Arnav, but is praying for a ASR in her life.
Now, I just read those posts for entertainment value. 
uniquebluerose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
👏

Vibha once again a well articulated post...yup i fed up with people advising me as to what to do...whether i should stop watching or not!!!

and if i listen to them stop watching they come back saying i am moving to crappier shows...etc😭

I dunno why the fan base of IPKKND wants to take the ASR mode and bully others into accepting what they are saying as right or what they are seeing and doing as right!!!

There are post on  how this week was better than last week and how if this crap other shows are cappier...so haven't we already accepted we are crap and episode are not period.

Suddenly everybody is worried about all the wrong things Khushi is teaching and if i worry about wrong things everybody else ASR, Anjali, Shyam etc. is teaching...they remember its a fiction!!
So does the serial become real only when Khushi is concerned!!!

And yes i am not supposed to point out my disappointments as viewver of this serial as if i am "true fan" i wouldn't do it...

so what are the rules of True fans

Be happy with whatever crap they show...or can raise voice only at Khushi!!!!

and yaaa gush and go all heady at whatever the male lead does !!!!

The essence of the man called Arnav has been lost since Feb here...
The full of life character called Khushi has lost her highpoint here...

But yes i am more concerned  with whats happening to Khushi because she is innocent!!!!

Its really sad to know that just because we want a logical flow of story we are name called!!!

One of the so called has gone to extent of saying we or rather i do not know about relationships and she know better about it...still worse other users or those who protest are called names!!!

If i remember right once you or FairyLiquidSoap said these people behave as if ASR/Arnav is their life partner or boy friend and Khushi is the other woman in their life!!!

Reading some of the replies they give...what you say makes perfect sense and so i guess they think they be given a chance with man like ASR or Arnav!!!

They name-call us, assume upon our relationships, think they are over smart just because they live abroad, advice us on watching something else and then when the TRPs go down balme us for not watching...literally they bully us to know end!!!

They call us bashers ...irony...
sukri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I also hate the arguement that we shouldnt criticise Arnav, coz he will feel bad in future (like u mentioned Vibha - repentance - bed her - dream of every ASR fan).

Yes we all know in the end Arhi will be the perfect couple and will have their happily every after. But does that mean we don't discuss the aspects of the characters we see?

Well if we shouldnt, then why are we even discussing this show in the forum the first place, just to drool on the male lead?

Just wait for Khushi bashing gals. The day after Arnav learns about Khushi's innocense, he will try to hurt himself it seems, as per spoilers). and the first episode after that, when Khushi refuses to  accept his apology, these girls are going to be the first ones bashing the poor girl !!