Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh yeah Mohan was emotionally stronger and didn't let anything affect him until he's gone for Megha...Aww ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†
wuthering thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Anyone who has watched Kahaani in here...aren't there like EERIE parallels b/w Vidya-Rana's relationship and Mohan-Megha's?  I just watched the movie today and I was reminded of MM at so many points...Rana was ADORABLE๐Ÿ˜†...with the way that admiration and affection was shown to evolve from his side...very sweet.

And amazing that we just got that moment in Friday's epi with Mohan accidentally calling her Megha and then switching to Mrs. Vyas and there is a scene like that in Kahaani too with him calling her Vidya instead of Mrs. Bagchi...lol

Oooh Anu! I see what you did there. Even though I saw the movie a while back but I could not draw a parallel until you pointed it out. Rana was sachi adorable in the movie. Tooo sweet for words. He literally had put Mrs. Bagchi on a pedestal and as you said had this admiration and affection for her. I see the MM connection. But of course, apna Monu is a little different. Monu ji is more of that Khan and Rana ka hybrid. Matlab moofat and sweet at the same time while Rana was just sweet like ALL the time! ๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: wuthering

Oooh Anu! I see what you did there. Even though I saw the movie a while back but I could not draw a parallel until you pointed it out. Rana was sachi adorable in the movie. Tooo sweet for words. He literally had put Mrs. Bagchi on a pedestal and as you said had this admiration and affection for her. I see the MM connection. But of course, apna Monu is a little different. Monu ji is more of that Khan and Rana ka hybrid. Matlab moofat and sweet at the same time while Rana was just sweet like ALL the time! ๐Ÿ˜†

Arey ofcourse Mohan is very different...Rana toh was very SHAREEF types...suchhh a sweet guy๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...while apna Monu toh is a TAPORI...lafangaa๐Ÿ˜†...a class apart๐Ÿ˜†...his brand of sweetness is different and uniquely endearing๐Ÿ˜†

I just found overall parallels in the way Mohan has grown to admire Megha and have a soft spot for her...baaki toh yeah the characters are very different...even Megha is much more uptight compared to Vidya who was a more open personality...and ofcourse the fact that Vidya was this woman walking around with a big pregnant belly and Megha already has two kids๐Ÿ˜†

And also interestingly enough both the guys in each case were helping the respective Mrs. to solve an issue related to their husbands๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by AreYaar - 12 years ago
wuthering thumbnail
I forgot to say this pehle, I so agree Anu, I am glad that the creatives made that rearview mirror thing as an MM thing versus lets say Meghas pallu flying over Mohans head everytime she sits peeche. *rolls eyes*. It just so poignant the way they shoot those particular sequences. We get to see Megha through Mohans eyes in a sense. And I like that.

Also, I was thinking today. Mohan is very  unconventional as compared to most of the male leads on Indian television these days. I mean he is not a business tycoon who has 92756253 companies to his name . Nor  does he have a typical muscular steroid enhanced body to die for. He is not overtly sweet like the Maa ke bhakts/ ghar ke chiraags/sachai ke pujaari/ raja harsichandra ke grandsons in some shows either. And he does not belong to the class of men who harass the female protagonist to fall in love with them (I still don't get how we have shows which advocate that kind of a lowe story). 

Mohan is just Mohan. A very atypical kind of a lead. And thank god for that. 

Edit: Yes, of course, the basic point remains the same. A single man falling for a married/ widowed woman with/about to have kids. And in both, it was not taboo for a man to feel that. Neither did the woman think, hai taubba, log kya kahenge, mai ek paraye mard ke saath chal rahi hoon etc etc. 
Edited by wuthering - 12 years ago
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
I'm desperate to watch Kahani. Anything related/parallel with MM always interests me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Thanks for sharing this, Nur. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail

I forgot to say this pehle, I so agree Anu, I am glad that the creatives made that rearview mirror thing as an MM thing versus lets say Meghas pallu flying over Mohans head everytime she sits peeche. *rolls eyes*. It just so poignant the way they shoot those particular sequences. We get to see Megha through Mohans eyes in a sense. And I like that.

Also, I was thinking today. Mohan is very  unconventional as compared to most of the male leads on Indian television these days. I mean he is not a business tycoon who has 92756253 companies to his name . Nor  does he have a typical muscular steroid enhanced body to die for. He is not overtly sweet like the Maa ke bhakts/ ghar ke chiraags/sachai ke pujaari/ raja harsichandra ke grandsons in some shows either. And he does not belong to the class of men who harass the female protagonist to fall in love with them (I still don't get how we have shows which advocate that kind of a lowe story). 

Edit: Yes, of course, the basic point remains the same. A single man falling for a married/ widowed woman with/about to have kids. And in both, it was not taboo for a man to feel that. Neither did the woman think, hai taubba, log kya kahenge, mai ek paraye mard ke saath chal rahi hoon etc etc. 

WORD!!

@Bold: ๐Ÿคฃ This cracked me up!!! ๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

@bold: Beautifully put...I like that too :-)

I also LOVE how Mohan is such a different character...who actually has a job DIFFERENT from working in a company or being a business tycoon which is the story in like EVERY show...unless it's a village based show in which case the lead guy has to be a THAKUR๐Ÿ˜†

But Mohan has a different career...the fact that he's a journalist just opens up SO many possibilities in the story and the scenes treatment-wise as well...

I don't care for muskels anyways...they're over-rated...to me, personality is king...and Mohan has TRUCKLOADS of personality more than most jokers on TV...so that's enough to keep me entertained๐Ÿ˜†

Re: Kahaani...but that angle wasn't really overt in the movie from Vidya's side anyways...the question never arose for her...so no haaye allah reactions anyways and from Rana's side toh it's not like he was anyways thinking long term...it's what I once said for MM as well...a HUMAN connect before anything else...romance or whatever comes baad mein...but how that HUMAN connect is shown first and foremost...how that line of RESPECT is maintained makes these relationships interesting...it was very nice to see it being shown this way in a movie without melodrama...this relationship that didn't really need labels but was just so sweet and endearing in the way it was shown.

Interestingly that movie was produced by Viacom18 which owns Colors๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Bidzie-

I'm desperate to watch Kahani. Anything related/parallel with MM always interests me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Thanks for sharing this, Nur. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You're welcome, Bidzie...the movie is FANTASTIC...a must watch...ofcourse the Vidya-Rana angle is cute but overall also the movie is damn good...the best Hindi movie I've seen in a  long time.
wuthering thumbnail
LOL Bidzie. You should totally watch Kahaani. You will love it. Bahut dino baad, got to see an actual PLOT in a Bollywood film. I thought Bolly movies with plots were long dead. Just get some fresh lead pairing (which is possible considering the 142382816 namoonas we have in the industry these days, cavorting as 'actors' ) some new exotic locales (which are not really exotic, considering directors have explored every conceivable corner of the world by now. Though I guess I am still waiting for a movie to be completely shot at the poles...that would be exotic indeed), have some cheap sa item songs for the front row audience appeal, have a 5 line long script (which by the way you will shoot for the trailer just so as to the pique the audiences interest) and baaki 1.55 hours ka kya hua? Kuch bhi daal do, log 5 minute ke trailer ke basis pe, dekh lenge ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

LOL, so anyways, yeah, Kahaani is a real contrast to these recent genre of Bollywood films! It is exotic in the sense that it relatable to us in the way it is shot in Kolkata. You feel for the characters. And not everything is in your face. When the guy falls for the girl, we don't have a dream sequence with some pyaar toh hona hi tha  kinda song in the background. Very subtle acting and narration. And of course, the ending will just blow your mind out (in a good sense ๐Ÿ˜†). 

Jaldi jaldi jaake dekho yeh movie! and of course, the MM parallel is an added plus! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by wuthering - 12 years ago
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Don't get me started with the Bolly craps these days. ๐Ÿคข I'm a die hard fan of Hindi Romantic songs but at present, I get something worthy to listen only once in a blue moon. ๐Ÿ˜† Whenever any good movie releases, it's like the eighth wonder of the world. ๐Ÿ˜† All in all, I prefer Tellywood much more than anything. PERIOD!!!