Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misty85 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Nur, Jz wonderful analysis by both of you... Yesterday's episode was superb in terms of execution, acting & dialogues. 
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Sunna_Deewani

@ Rusha4003 

Even i think about it a lot of time. But she is just 7-8 yrs old. So pressure won't be that much, i guess. I have heard many child actors lamenting this later, as some get forced into this. 

But there are also many who have enjoyed their phase as child artist. Actor Kamal Hasan who was also child artist, always shares happy memories of his work as child artist, as it seems he had more fun at shoot than in his school. He also said in some interview child labour laws cannot be applied here as a child's role cannot be done by anyone else. But they should have some time limit or rules/frameworks in place to protect children from being over-worked etc. Moreover he was from a fairly well-to-do family of lawyers, so he was not forced in to it. But not all child actors are as lucky. 

Hey Subha ... actually my name is Usha ... but since there's already another Usha in this forum... you can call me Rusha  πŸ˜Š ...

@red: That is a very valid point ... but like you said some rules should be laid to protect the children from over-work ...

I was watching the old hindi actress Meenakumari's life story some days back ... it seems at the tender age of 7, she was pushed into acting & became the bread-winner for the family ... she became addicted to alchohol and had troubled relationships ... then tragically at the young age of 40, she died.  ... Her story never fails to move me ...

Of course for every Meenakumari we  also have Kamal Hassan & Sachin & Neetu Singh ... etc .. who have made it big and lead pretty good lives !

But, I guess times are better now ... since there's much awareness today ... so it may not be a cause for so severe a concern ...
Sunna_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Rusha

I think it depends more on the family of the child artists. They should not get greedy for fame or money and make their child overwork. They should be more vigil as i guess law cannot do much if parents themselves force the kids. Also kids may not even realise the wrong impacts that could have. 

sumIIT thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sunna_Deewani

I want to know about Mohan's equation with Mr. Bhatnagar than this Rashmi issue. He doesn't seem to hate him. It was obvious even before as he was worried that Mr. Bhatnagar cannot do anything without his mom, when mom came to stay with mohan for few days. Still there is some big issue between them. What could that be? I think this will come up only when megha will ask about it. 

All over the episodes was very good. Initial Mohan - megha convo, his thoughts about goodness sounded similar to amar's, which megha remembered in a convo with Jiji when she first went for a interview. Mohan ka control bigadtha jaa raaha hai. 

Nanhi impersonating mohan was too good. He enjoyed it as well and the hug was super cute. Nanhi understands her spiderman very well. She knew that he must be too happy to eat jalebi that he doesn't like very much. Waise khaali cup se bhi chai pee le tha hai megha ke khyaal me toh yeh koi badi baat nahi. 

What Ifeel is that may be initially Mohan was just a person who didnt knew value of money,wasted here and there,didnt work,respect and so probably his father did the unthinkable ... to throw him out of their house and so that he may stands on his own legs...Thus although initial episodes he was shown to dislike his dad,take his nama as Mr.Bhatangar but some where he knows what his dad did was right and In this epiosdes he porabbly recalls his father teachings...  He wants to go back to his dad but probably his ego prevents him ...
jheel1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nur, I hated that music too, found it incredibly discordant, had me wishing they'd played some of Kunal's own head banging stuff instead.. anything but this!!
The jalebi reference made me send up a silent plea that they keep getting away with such mischief for a long time to come. Oh was that in-your-face or what!

I've got more to say, but it'll have to wait till later, if exhaustion doesn't get me first...

*Trudges off to defrost the easter bunny for tomorrow's dinner*πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

Bahaha Anu...you noticed that it took me TWO hours to post this? *sheepish muh*...haan yaar...dil ki bhadaas ek hi baar mein nikal li. Sahi pehchana. :P πŸ˜† Well, all this came out after watching the episode and reading through TEN pages of posts! lol Woh bhi toh two hours mein included hain. The ten pages of posts and the re-watching of those scenes uploaded on your account. :P lol  OBVIOUSLY I noticed...I was WAITING for your post...trying to keep myself from falling asleep but in the end I couldn't stay awake much longer...so I passed out after posting that quick replyπŸ˜†...Tum bhi pure 2 ghante lagaa ke TASALLI se apna reply frame kar rahi thi...I can understandπŸ˜†

You've made lovely points as always...especially the exterior v/s intrinsic point you made about how MM's personalities/worldviews...so they both have something to learn from each other there.  LOL thanks for summing up everything so well in this post pehle toh...I wish I had the skills to be concise. But YAY that the exterior/intrinsic point made sense! Part of the reason that post got so long was because I wasn't sure I was expressing myself clearly on that note. But yeah...not that this is a rule of thumb of course because they both do make each other reflect in various ways. But Mohan can provide Megha with that confidence especially in dealing with the outside world. Because he's so damn awesome at it himself. πŸ˜† He's got the wits and the street smarts. And Megha in turn, can help Mohan seek the honesty and goodness he possess within himself. And that can also help Mohan become a little less cynical towards his view of the world he lives in.  LOL@ he's just so damn awesome at it himself...SO true...I really love that about his character...he's just such an HONEST and GENUINE character...saaf dil kehte hain naa...that's what he is.

But practically speaking...these guys should give a little more care to their music selections. Sometimes they work well and sometimes they don't...it's not consistent. But anyways...I'd rather take these NBT music pieces than dramatic bollywood music or bhajhans and all at least. πŸ˜† *sigh*... Oh yeah totally...I'm still shuddering in memory of  how they used "Aur ho"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...compared to THOSE random bollywood song choices they use sometimes toh these NBT songs are much better I guess.πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: wuthering

Gaaah. I am late as always and could not join the discussion on this awesome awesome epi. 

But der aaye, durust aaye. πŸ˜† EggjactlyπŸ˜†...glad you posted your full gush! FANTASTIC analysis!πŸ‘πŸ‘

So not that I have anything new to add, coz I know the astute observers have already dissected and discussed every single nuance, but nevertheless, here is my take on the epi πŸ˜†

Arre yaar, sun na, kya episode tha. So totally loved it. Very well rounded epi. I mean I really didn't think it was possible for the writers to top off the MM scene that we got yesterday. I was like this is IT. They could not possibly show any follow up which would still get us talking. But I am so glad I was proved wrong! πŸ˜›

Mohan checking out Megha through his bikes rear view mirror has become a sort of a thing for him, nai? I remember he did that the last two times she sat uske saath, or am I mistaken? And the way he sees her-still all depressed- its so apparent that he can't bear to part with her when he knows that she is in so glum a mood. So he suggests, aap meri ek baat maanengi? And she of course obliges. 😳 The mirror is TOTALLY their thing...and isn't it a pleasant surprise that it is?  In most shows the "thing" is the dupatta getting caught in watch/button/god knows what or flying over someone's face etc. etc...Here it's that mirror...the way they always show Megha in that mirror whenever she's on Mohan's bike...and the way Mohan watches her...the symbolism of her reflection...just the overall way it's shot is SO poignant...I love that they have kept that aspect consistent...there is something lovely about Megha's reflection in that mirror each time...and yes ofcourse Mohan can't bear it when he sees her tears in the mirror again so he ever so sweetly asks her if woh uski ek baat maanengi? AwwwπŸ˜†...I loved Megha's soft smile in response as she nods.

And I really liked that Dhabba ki setting! It was Prem Singh Da Dhabba no less! Singh ka toh patani, but haan, there was a lot of prem in the air- from Mohans side atleast. πŸ˜† I have really loved the progression to the MM story. They have built it up slowly but surely. The way Mohan looks at her now, theres just something oh very tender about it. I think this look is something that Mohan reserves just for Megha- I don't think he is like that even with Nanhi (and thats saying something!). I mean, don't get me wrong but I think he treats Nanhi like his friend, does not baby her or anything and he has not felt the need ever to protect her Whereas with Megha, it is different. Especially given the recent predicament that Megha found herself in, he was being all the more gentle. Wordd...*touchwood*...I've loved that progression too or 3 months in I wouldn't still be watching this showπŸ˜†...Yes, there is something in the way he looks at her...it's oddly protective and tender like you said...and yes he doesn't look at Nanhi in that manner...ironic like you said considering she's the child...but he treats Nanhi like an equal, like a friend...he's madly in love with Nanhi yet there is a different sort of poignancy to the way he looks at Megha especially in these softer moments...Megha's the one that he treats more gently...you've described it beautifully.

So yeah, the way he looked at her, sitting all by herself, sipping her tea, but not really sipping her tea. And then he walks up to her- sits by her side (reminiscent of yesterdays side by side seating arrangement) and then thinks of a way to break the ice- and comes up with chai kaisi hai? Megha of course being completely lost in her own thoughts at that moment.

Then of course the conversation veers into the philosophical. I Found Mohans gyaan ki baat on achche log, bure log etc etc to be very similar to the conversation that Megha had with Nanhi the night Minkey Man was caught. Didn't Megha tell the exact same thing to Nanhi that day?! But today, the way she was listening to Mohan with rapt attention was really something. Here I'd like to mention that even though I know  Akansha is quite young, she still fits into her character of a widow with two young kids seamlessly. Her acting, her demure, her grace as Mrs. Vyas have never belied her true age. I guess her attire and makeup also contribute towards that. But kal se, she had these moments where I think, it was more of Akansha and less of Mrs. Vyas. And I found those moments really adorkable. Kal ke epi when she goes, ghar pe sabko pata chalega main royi thi and the faces she is making while wiping her tears. πŸ˜† And in todays epi- the way she was listening to Mohan baatoing gyaan on truth of life- it was really cute.  LOL yeah I guess Aakanksha peeked out more in those moments...although that basic thehraav that Megha's character has was still very much there...Aakanksha has that body language down perfectly...but despite all this we sometimes forget that Megha despite being a widow is not very old...there is this core of innocence very much intact in her character...a sort of naivete...and I think it's ironic yet so endearing that she was listening to Mohan's gyaan like that...like a child in aweπŸ˜†...I love that these two keep switching around roles...sometimes they're both children, sometimes she's being the adult giving him gyaan and sometimes he assumes the role of the mature one...albeit in that uniquely Mohan way of hisπŸ˜†

And  Anu, you have already pointed out, this was the first epi, in a LONG LONG LONG time , that Megha did not roll her eyes at Mohan. πŸ˜† So anyways, getting back to the moment. Another thing I liked in todays and yesterdays epi- we course know that Mohan is lattoo over Megha (in as many terms) but there were these very subtle glances and looks that Megha was giving Mohan- they were of course not filled with lowe just yet but I just liked that she is acknowledging him, she is aware of him. That he matters to her, all of a sudden. He is not some random guy. I don't know whether I am making sense here. πŸ˜† but I just liked the way she was looking at him today. Yes there was just something different about the way she was looking at him too...totally agree with you...I guess that's the difference perception makes...when she dismissed him as a shallow guy, she didn't care to listen to anything he said...but in this epi she finally viewed him in a totally different light and it showed on her face...that feeling of discovery...acknowlegement of him, what he's talking about...it's all now come to MATTER.

And then oooh, I really really liked the way in the midst of all the philosophy stuff, theres this moment when Megha is all silent and just says sorry to him all of sudden. That apology is one of the most sincere ones I have seen in recent times. I mean they were talking about something else, but it was like she couldn't hold herself back and come clean with him. Really liked how that scene played out. Oh I loved this moment too! Honestly the entire convo FLOWED so welll...the apology really did feel heartfelt cuz it wasn't something Megha WORKED her way up to...it's like in that silence that followed Mohan's lines about your goodness staying with you...that apology just came from within...not something she PLANNED...but something she NEEDED to say to him in that moment...very sincere and natural.

So yeah, gyaan ki baatein khatam and then the control Mohan control. πŸ˜† Seriously yaar, has there been a more endearing Male lead on Indian television in recent times? *sigh* And of course, the way Megha stops him and asks him 'aur?' πŸ˜† and Mohan being the Chaloo Maal that he is, makes up something. πŸ˜† Another example of how Megha was listening to him so very intently.  I have a feeling we are going to see manyyy more of these kind of "aur?" incidents in the future...Megha ki hearing aur sharp bhi ho gayi hai...bachke rehna Mr. Star Reporter...ControllπŸ˜†

Oh, I have to add here, that I loved how easy and comfortable they were with each other throughout the dhabba sequence. Since they were always at war with each other- it was easy to forget that they do live right next door and work together as well. Ddd to that, the countless times they have been together apart from that-  Be it when searching for Nanhi, or being stuck in the elevator or the ride to School for fancy dress etc. So basically, I thought that today was the first time they (or Megha rather) were truly comfortable in each other presence and not just as mere acquaintances. I mean Mohan actually said to her - that is sab mein se ek cheez achchi aayi- and that maine aapka bharosa jeet liya. He actually kinda confessed to her that her trust in him, matters to him and he is happy that he finally gained it today. Glad that they can be so free with each other, Yes...that shift...the scene was landmark that way...first time they sat down aaram se with each other, TALKED...and talked candidly...even the silences b/w them were comfortable...even while being at loggerheads, their silences communicated with each other...but this scene was just about a new kind of comfort setting in...as a new level is reached in their relationship.

Next comes the big scene of the night. Kya kar rahe hain yaar yeh log. What a scene. Is it possible for a kid to be ANY MORE adorable? Gosh. She had me at her very first appearance. The way she waves with one hand and shows off the jalebis to Mohan with the other, it was sooo cute. And then of course, tumhe summer camp ke baare mein nai pata? And Mohan humoring her by saying, nai pata. And she explaining. Liked that Mohan told her to join Karate Class. I was half expecting him to add, so that you take care of yourself and your mum when I am not around. πŸ˜† LOLL dittooo the thought that came to me while watching as well...ki he must be thinking Nanhi can join karate classes and protect herself and her mom in the future from creepstersπŸ˜†

And oh, one last thing.The way Mohan says, 'bahut khush' to Nanhi. It was such a if you are happy and you know it and you really want to show it, clap your hands type waala moment. Mohan was literally on seventh heaven, nai? He has finally gained Mrs. Vyas ka trust. That scene showed how much it meant to him.  Yess that was ADORABLE...I loved that they showed his happiness indirectly...that he didn't sit and dwell over what today meant to him...it just showed in his body language...it was like the kind of happiness that couldn't be contained...he was almost bursting with it...SO happy cuz Megha showed trust in him, smiled at him, LISTENED to himπŸ˜†...yeh toh sach mein gaya kaam seπŸ˜†...this evolution of his feelings for Megha without verbalizing it in a sense is what makes this endearing...

Edited by AreYaar - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Merc_Nary

@AreYaar and others. You people are too good with all the analysis stuff.

My ramblings. The essence of the show is its simplicity. The MM, MN and MJ scenes were great, what really attracted/attracts me to show is the small nuances that they show.

In the episode yesterday I heard faintly in the background Mohan interacting with the chaiwalla "Aur sab theek". It's so how I interact  with the chaiwalla at the kiosk near my office. Whoever has concieved Mohan's character deserves all the accolades

The MM scene was really two adults reflecting on what was a tough day and done so naturally. Just trying to piece together and make sense of what happened, how it happened and why it happened and discussing the fallout and how to deal with the fallout. Very open minded and open hearted conversation.

I can only hope and pray that Colors don't sacrifice the essence of this show at the altar of TRPs

Hey thanks, Merc_Nary and I loved the points you've mentioned here...that chai "aur sab theek" moment of Mohan in the bg with a thoughtful Megha in the foreground...it was just SO natural...they created the write AMBIENCE for the scene...the devil is in the details as they say...if they keep these small small details in mind, that is what contributes to creating the overall magic in a scene.

@bold: Perfectly putπŸ‘...and yes we all pray that the essence of this show is maintained...*touchwood* let's see.
AreYaar thumbnail
Anyone who has watched Kahaani in here...aren't there like EERIE parallels b/w Vidya-Rana's relationship and Mohan-Megha's?  I just watched the movie today and I was reminded of MM at so many points...Rana was ADORABLEπŸ˜†...with the way that admiration and affection was shown to evolve from his side...very sweet.

And amazing that we just got that moment in Friday's epi with Mohan accidentally calling her Megha and then switching to Mrs. Vyas and there is a scene like that in Kahaani too with him calling her Vidya instead of Mrs. Bagchi...lol
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I was re-watching MM scene from Friday. Before I was wondering about Mohan's sudden philosophical side when he told Megha about "acchai" but after re-watching, I realized something. Everything he said goes with him as well. The bad things happened in his life are betrayal from his ex and issues with his father and both of these incidents made him emotionally stronger. So in that scene, basically we gotta see that side of him which he kept hidden behind his bindaas nature. Do I make sense? πŸ˜† I'm sorry if you guys already discussed it cuz I didn't read the last few pages. πŸ˜†