When a man loves a woman, he neednt be Devdas - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
I wholeheartedly agree with reasons 1 through 10.  It was just a showcase of all the shades of ASR.  To tell you the truth I cannot imagine him as a Romeo/Majnu/Devdas type.  He was never one to patronize Khushi.  Ever.  He is the only one who can handle her sanka deviness.  He will definitely lash out at himself for the hurt he has caused her (IN PRIVATE), he will apologize and he will set it right (as he did when he fixed Payash wedding).

I love ASR because he owns his flaws.  This is me, take me for everything I am, and if you are lucky and if I trust you and myself in your presence, I might show you a glimmer of the man I could be if I wasn't busy holding up my family.

He doesn't apologize for his anger, he doesn't apologize for his arrogance, he doesn't apologize for not believing in God.  Love the I don't care about anyone's opinion of me because those who know me, know that I care - give him back love with interest and he will bring you the world.  And I love that it is so directly a foil to Shyam who is such a people pleaser with  a heart of poison.  

Arnav Singh Raizada - man of action, very few words, but his eyes say it all

Nice post. fro me reason 11:is belongs to sanaya .ofcourse 2day episode belonged asr/barun n he rocked,  eventhough kushi/sanaya has only 2 scenes but she made great impact on dis episode i have to say.she clearly potrayed d pain of kushi...needless to say she is one of fine actress of al time. ipkknd fans r always gifted by 2 such great leads...
Originally posted by pacsun

in practical life you need "real" men and women...who help nurture you, provide for your homes...earn the bread and chaaawal on your table😳...support their families😳

For me...they are the men and women one needs around...they are the men and women one should perhaps love...No problem if they have less of passion...what they should have is love, responsibility and a fortitude to be there for others

>>>>>>>

Wow !! I re read this many times...and hit a eureka moment that I too have someone like that in my life...but sometimes, I too get idealistic about the Devdas /Romeo types. But yes, you are right. And maybe is why I am still with this "real" type 😊

Ok back to the "reel" life...YES ! liked ASR / BARUN. Waiting to watch again with subtitles later on.
Had to make a comment cos I loved your post.

I am gonna chew on it .. for more reasons that IPKKND /& ASR.

Thank You O-Wise One 🤗

Hiya pacsun🤗

you are just being very generous here...😳

And your first para...am very happy for you😊...hold on to that pacsun...whan all is said and done...when we wont be looking like beauties...thats what counts😊

Barun was awesome today...loved him...understated and awesome👏👏

I appreciate your heartfelt comments...thanks😊

JW
Edited by JWMRK - 11 years ago
awesome post! loved itt! loved the episode as well today...just one word for it that comes to my mind is "subtle" 
Originally posted by ragvir.fan

awesome

thanks 😃
very nicely put.  You verbalized exactly why i like this show / ASR/ Arnav/Barun Sobti.  tortured, complicated yet real!

I don't get that from Khushi's characterization as yet.  Today's episode was the best IMHO.  i hope and pray she doesnt go back to OTT comedy next week.  The silent treatment works. It is effective and also shows maturation in her character, something that has been severely missing.

i hate you. dil se.. 😭 i just finished rulaana dulaana in the AT on this and ways to get it back really!!

it is thank goodness that i watched the epi first and then the spoilers.. cringes to read that! but perfecto CVs! practice what you preach; eh? make ranjha of all people say that he regrets whatever he has done and then live upto it.

HIS STORY.. he loves her; he misunderstands her; he hurts her; he is angry with her; he repents; he falls back; he hurts himself; then he loves her back... and the other side of the story is a pretty blank.. we never know. there are no thought bubbles.

we all want to be loved honey. and this guy will sure repent some madness and give her what she is due. and who loves the lover? me maybe? 😆 someone did say that there is only one thing that can break down the guy's shield - undying love! and i agreed! and what does he get in return? we do not know.. but he gives some and more. yeah; its not his hotness or his poetry (BTW read that) that i fell in love with.. you can bet 😵
Originally posted by Geet24

Awesome...👏
Loved ur post... :)

Hiya geet😃

Thanks much😊...have a nice weekend!
Always love your posts.. so poetic yet so realistic.. I look for your posts always!
Yes, he is THE MAN who stood up for his family even with all his failings and all his cynicism ..one thing that always stood out in this man.. his love for his family.. so true..
Originally posted by JWMRK

Hiya geet😃

Thanks much😊...have a nice weekend!

Same to u Dear...🤗