Users

Frequent Posters

-CoolChick- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: dramacrazy12

Lovely analysis Tathya. Before I write my thoughts on today's episode...I need to rant a little...so bear with me

I have to confess something- I am a romantic at heart  and a show that is very angsty does not sit very well with me , I categorize it with Ekta Kapoor products and move on. On the other hand I have very little patience with fluff or full blown rom-com and no intensity. This is my way of saying I like a well balanced show with intense scenes , tight story line and some lightness to it to balance it off.

My major complaint in last few weeks have been that we seem to be moving between two extremes (comendy and intensity) with absolutely no movement in story or balance in general feel of the story. We have the intensity of Heer Ranjha with the comedy of Gabbar, we have intense dance of possesiveness with Bali in Delhi, we have the 100 ways to irritate ASR with wrong medicine episode thrown in, to top it off, we have shirtless ASR with random rabba ves. It is hard to keep track of what we are trying to achieve and where the story is headed or what the general mood of the storyline is.

Okay now that I am done with the rant...let us move on to today's episode

There were a couple of things I loved-

1) Cracks are beginning to appear in Khushi and Arnav's facade. After all there is a limit to keeping your emotions bottled up. Khushi has become reckless in taunting Arnav pushing him into episodes of wild rage...a dangerous but effective strategy since that is the only time when Arnav truly loses his tightly managed control and his true feelings begin to show. If he was ever to blurt the truth ...it would be either in love or rage. Since the first one is not happening anytime soon , it will have to be the latter. Arnav on the other hand is just brimming with frustation and impotent jealousy. He can't seem to reconcile two images of Khushi...the perky goody two shoes with immense courage and the liar he thought he saw in Shyam's arms. In his mind he has lost the battle and he is not even ready to fight ...since there is nothing to fight for.

2) The difference between Khushi's behaviour with Shyam and Arnav. From her perspective both of them are volatile, aggresive and at times physically abusive. Both of them have used her weakness for her family to forge a relationship with her ( Shyam used it to get engaged and Arnav used it to get married). In some ways both of them have abused her trust and her person. Yet Khushi seems to crave Arnav's company, touch and acceptance while cringes with Shyam. She is strong enough to goad Arnav into his wild rages and angry spats but stands like a deer caught in headlight when Shyam approaches her. Maybe because she can sense Arnav's righteousness beaneath all his darkness. Maybe because she can sense his unsaid love and the torment that comes with it. I wish she would try to understand why she behaves the way she does. On the other hand she probably already knows and just needs some validation from Arnav.

3) Payal and Maami bonding, Nani and Khushi's increasing trust...Family has been of immense importance to both Khushi and Arnav. I like how closely the relationships mending and mutual respect is growing amongst the all the parties. I just wish Khushi could see that Arnav would never hurt Payal (after the hanky support he extended in yesterday's episode). He just went that rounte since it got Khushi to agree to his plan quickly.

What do I want... I want the story to move forward...I want Arnav to have a small hint ( a tear in Khushi's eyes, a painful mark on her wrist left by Shyam...anything to make him re-evaluate his understanding of MU and getting him ready to atleast fight the battle). It is very obvious to me that any hints Arnav gives Khushi will be useless given that she is completely in dark and does not connect dots as well. Arnav has to lead the effort and then maybe she will pick up the clues on the way.

Another thing I want is a new and short BG...Rabba Ves do not cut it anymore...they seem too long and too flowery. We need something short that signifies unexpected blooming of love at an unexpected moment...like today's pull.

Remember my rant at the beginning of the post...The problem is when you have a situation where MU+MU+MU continues the show starts to drag and becomes too angsty..after a certain level of buildup, one of the MU has to start unraveling while others continue to build. I am not sure why the CV continue to build one MU over other. I have said  this before that solving the MU between Arnav and Khushi does not solve the bigger problem, it just evens the playing field between the players. Shyam will continue to hold Arnav and Khushi's hostage and silent with the threat of frail health of Anjali. Infact if anything Arnav will have even more reason to keep silent because he won't be sure how rest of the family will react to truth and how thier behaviour will change towards love of his life. Same goes for Khushi who will keep silent for Anjali and Payal. However behind closed doors there will be some respite for Arnav and Khushi as they explore thier relationship with all the baggage of past and difficult present. When Shyam tries to touch Khushi and he will, Arnav has to find a way to stop him without tipping rest of the family off, he will hates his helplessness and that will feed in into his rage. Instead of strugging between hate and love , he has to struggle between being a husband and brother. Khushi has to suffer as she sees her capable husband struggle on a daily basis to maintain his sanity so that his sister can be happy.  Only she can soothe his weary soul at the end of the day. A recipe for intensity balanced with lightness. That is what I want to see now...

Drama,

Ur last paragraph is just awesome ...How I long to see the tussle between Husband and the brother ...

I think the pile up on MU front is bec .. they lost  the intensity buildup  after the holi and they are trying to refix it ...I do agree, that at least one members   neuroans should get the jolt and it should begin  to process...the MU has lead to fatigue and will viewer's will ditch IP if this goes on..
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: prathikri

sorry for butting in , but Satya intezaar karte karte we all will grow old & watch the confession with our grand kids. 

Issme Sorry kahe,  I know that the MU has been stretched beyond credible limits  , it could be IPL also playing on their minds and hence they are going slowly ...

Chinu5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOW just wow 
Brilliant  analysis by thant ,Dood and Pam ..love this thread..

prathikri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
tanthya thumbnail
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: garima_IPKKND

Sathuuu...u makings my phunnn????????

😭😭😭

badi zaalim duniya hai...kissi ko dukh nai ho raha hai ki m going...funds ki padi hai????

u MAAMI-PART-2...😆😆

😭

Dhuk ko hum dhukan se karidh lenge filhaal hum  funds tho collect karle ..

Hello, haayi, jaayi jaayi 😉😆😆
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunflower52

@ Bold, You are right Anjali does something about the problem once she finds out and fix it to her satisfaction.

@Blue bold, Agree about Khushi's lack of thinking and holding on to the thought. 

Yes they need to show her worrying, any sane girl would worry and thinking about the wajah. Ignoring the problem will not go away. Arnav has said enough to her to ponder, the biggest is "Saving a life". 

Never liked her interfering in other's business, she should worry about her own life and what needs to be done. How to change her husbands thinking about her  and the chot she give him and to keep Shayms advances at bay or full stop. 

Right now, her thought shud be centered around stopping Shyam..any normal girl would be terrified of the bold advances he is making and would be showing some nervous symptoms but Khushi  seems like a Dodo ... if this is the idea of CV's to shw a strong girl then they have got it wrong..
prathikri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tanthya

Right now, her thought shud be centered around stopping Shyam..any normal girl would be terrified of the bold advances he is making and would be showing some nervous symptoms but Khushi  seems like a Dodo ... if this is the idea of CV's to shw a strong girl then they have got it wrong..

i wonder why the CV's are not doing anything with this track. If they want they can prolong the MU but at least show kushi doing some thing about shyam. give BS a break  & focus on kushi handling shyam instead of the comedy.
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Marybarton

Your way with words is just magnificent. I love the lines describing Khushi was an impaled butterfly that flutters and the one about her being a Phoenix. That is exactly what I think of her but I could not put it into words like you. So that is an achievement. Congrats.

I agree that really think the CV are finally going on track again. There would be no problems from the viewers' end if this fight happened one month ago. At this point people really want him to fess up. But if that happened we would not get such a good fight.

One thing that drags the episode if Khushi's lack of realization after wondering if it was Shyam's story that put Arnav off. Girl, think about it, what have you done unintentionally in the past that would put Arnav in such a rage. Think Di, think husband, think ex-fiance. That is the only wrong thing she was done and it is the Raizada sisters' biggest secret. So how can she not guess!? It makes no sense that she is tormented by Arnav so much without realizing that this is the only think that would drive him up a wall. Even if she doesn't realize he loves her, she should realize he would be upset for his sister's sake. That is the problem I have with the CV's trying to drag out the MU.

Remember CVs, if you try to juice it too long, the fruit will dry up.

the last line.. I hope they remember that, Mary

Thank you !!