Apr 5th: When words aren't needed - Page 10

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by AreYaar

Oh and just to add...the last bit in this avi...the way he turns to look at her crying like it physically pains HIM to see her crying like this...again something that randomly reminds me of Kesar...dunno why...lol

Yes yes yes!!! It SO does!!! There was just so much of the after reform Kesar streak in Mohan yesterday - they have a way about them in their respective character sketch, of not being remotely the alpha males, yet having these moments of emoting like its crushing something inside them to watch the ladies go wooly! Kesar was that level of intense, Mohan isn't even charted out like that - yet, he is such a gooey heart in general, and the way Megha and him have come to this point, it does crush something. Not in an anguish of a "lover" but just this man who knows this woman to be such a stalwart of strength and poise, having to witness this defeat in her eyes... the resignation! There's so much difference in what brings out these similar reactions from Mohan and Kesar, and yet - to each his own, so justified! 

I went back to watch the episode yesterday, and the bit where Megha stumbles and Mohan extends a hand, but withdraws it - SO MUCH KESAR from a similar scene, haina?! Because in both these places, the reason to withdraw hands is NOT from "oh can I touch her" kinda dilemma, but entirely from the tendency of NOT sympathizing! Even Gulaal herself lapsed into a brief phase of something very akin to self pity, Kesar fought with her, for her! I see that streak SO prevalent in Mohan! He wont let her dwell in any pity, much less give her any! That's just not the woman she is, when you look at her through his eyes specially - even in that Dutta bedroom (LOL!!!) when he gatecrashed, the sight of Megha was more of silent strength and resistance to him, than vulnerability... There's an inner strength he can see in her, and he admires it so greatly, nothing would ever let him view her in light of any sympathy; on the contrary, he will fight come what may, even she herself, if that's what it takes to dispel the remotest hint of "broken spirit" about Megha. I loved how he said to himself on Thursday, Prateik sir ka asli chehra dekhkar hi yakin hoga Mrs. Vyas ko... par Prateik sir ka asli chehra wo naa hi dekhein toh acha hai!  - and it struck me, how hard he'd tried not just to stand between the danger that Megha faced in Prateik's form, but to sort of not let her glimpse this ugly side of things which she deemed so ideal, as long as he could save that grace! It seems almost consequential as the reason he did not "particularly" reveal Prateik's truth to her before. Not from the fear she wont believe him, but from bringing forth this nasty truth to her, if there was a way to avoid and let her live in her blissful oblivion... 
Originally posted by without-fathom

Yes yes yes!!! It SO does!!! There was just so much of the after reform Kesar streak in Mohan yesterday - they have a way about them in their respective character sketch, of not being remotely the alpha males, yet having these moments of emoting like its crushing something inside them to watch the ladies go wooly! Kesar was that level of intense, Mohan isn't even charted out like that - yet, he is such a gooey heart in general, and the way Megha and him have come to this point, it does crush something. Not in an anguish of a "lover" but just this man who knows this woman to be such a stalwart of strength and poise, having to witness this defeat in her eyes... the resignation! There's so much difference in what brings out these similar reactions from Mohan and Kesar, and yet - to each his own, so justified! 

I went back to watch the episode yesterday, and the bit where Megha stumbles and Mohan extends a hand, but withdraws it - SO MUCH KESAR from a similar scene, haina?! Because in both these places, the reason to withdraw hands is NOT from "oh can I touch her" kinda dilemma, but entirely from the tendency of NOT sympathizing! Even Gulaal herself lapsed into a brief phase of something very akin to self pity, Kesar fought with her, for her! I see that streak SO prevalent in Mohan! He wont let her dwell in any pity, much less give her any! That's just not the woman she is, when you look at her through his eyes specially - even in that Dutta bedroom (LOL!!!) when he gatecrashed, the sight of Megha was more of silent strength and resistance to him, than vulnerability... There's an inner strength he can see in her, and he admires it so greatly, nothing would ever let him view her in light of any sympathy; on the contrary, he will fight come what may, even she herself, if that's what it takes to dispel the remotest hint of "broken spirit" about Megha. I loved how he said to himself on Thursday, Prateik sir ka asli chehra dekhkar hi yakin hoga Mrs. Vyas ko... par Prateik sir ka asli chehra wo naa hi dekhein toh acha hai!  - and it struck me, how hard he'd tried not just to stand between the danger that Megha faced in Prateik's form, but to sort of not let her glimpse this ugly side of things which she deemed so ideal, as long as he could save that grace! It seems almost consequential as the reason he did not "particularly" reveal Prateik's truth to her before. Not from the fear she wont believe him, but from bringing forth this nasty truth to her, if there was a way to avoid and let her live in her blissful oblivion... 

*sits on like button* You've described it so beautifully😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍...I couldn't agree  more...especially that last point you made...he wanted to shield her from that ugliness...to save her from witnessing something like this...

And yes, the pain more than anything was to see her in a broken state like this...not in pity but because this is a woman he knows to be so strong otherwise...so he won't let her dwell in pity either like you said...Kesar had Gulaal on a different pedestal ofcourse so there's that but yeah in Mohan's case, he also refuses to let Megha's spirit be broken...they both share that similar admiration for the women they love...well in Mohan's case, eventually coming to loveπŸ˜†

*sits on like button* You've described it so beautifully😍...I couldn't agree  more...especially that last point you made...he wanted to shield her from that ugliness...to save her from witnessing something like this...

And yes, the pain more than anything was to see her in a broken state like this...not in pity but because this is a woman he knows to be so strong otherwise...so he won't let her dwell in pity either like you said...Kesar had Gulaal on a different pedestal ofcourse so there's that but yeah in Mohan's case, he also refuses to let Megha's spirit be broken...they both share that similar admiration for the women they love...well in Mohan's case, eventually coming to loveπŸ˜†

Nureyyy! Have you seen the episode already - mannn, I'm floating somewhere in the realm between feels great and feels heaven - forgotten SO much of ALL the damage done through the past days ... Hail to the return of Megha Vyas as we first knew her - with all the streaks of difference about her FOR THE GOOD! And MN!!!! Aweeeieee!!! Okay make a thread soon, soon, soon! *jumps up and down to speed up Nurey's typing* Jaldi, jadli likhooo! Meri gush is like a damn under threat πŸ˜†

@bold - aww, thankgee *full on blush* haha, yesterday's scene was like old wine, the more number of times I see, the more it grows! 
Already posted!

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2921033#55464175

I'm floating in a happy haze right now too...what a FANTASTIC epi we got today...far exceeded my expectations!

12 pages?! Man I tried to read through...I really did...but gave up halfway through. πŸ˜³ I guess everyone had a lot to say due to finally getting a good episode after all that Prateik nonsense. 

So even thought Megha's slowness was bothering me and this Prateik crap toh is annoying to begin with...I still can't help appreciate the way these writers have managed to salvage the situation in such a poignant and sensitive way. Especially with regards to MM I mean. Makes me kind of believe again, in JZ's cynic...I'd like to give these writers this benefit of doubt...perhaps there is some channel interference going on...or perhaps these Prateik type elements are put in for TRP purposes and all...but as long as the basic essence of the show is kept intact...and the theme of this silent communication and understanding between MM...I'll continue to tune into the show. 

I liked the way Mohan handled this situation. His whole demeanor towards Pratiek in that scene was that of a warning. Of  having an upper hand in this scenario. Mohan's undertones and his sly looks and warnings to Prateik were quite satisfying to watch. Even more than a typical hero lashing out a villain type of situation. This was so Mohan-esque. Only, of course Prerna is the scapegoat in this situation...well when Pratiek's character is already butchered toh I have no expectations from Prerna's character now. 

Anyways, moving on to better things...I loved Megha's expressions towards Mohan as he enters. It was such a progression of reactions...from a gratifying relief of noticing Mohan there...to a disgust at the situation she had landed herself in...it was like she was reciting all that had happened to Mohan through just her eyes. Once again, MM's silent communication was brilliant. I liked the way Megha teared up too, and then immediately wiped her tears as well. It was like Mohan's mere presence itself gave her SO much comfort. That whole progression of Megha coming to realize how she had been stupid enough to ignore the obvious signs of Prateik's creepiness, and Mohan's continuous warnings. And then the obvious hitting her in the face when Prateik comes out. All this had obviously created this environment of discomfort and distrust. This facade...Megha's blindness and not being able to see what was reality. 

And then Mohan comes in and completely changes this atmosphere. Megha can IMMEDIATELY feel the sense of trust and reality. Because Mohan is actually the one who has ALWAYS been real. I loved the fact that Megha can immediately sense this. That immediate sense of comfort between these two no matter how much their personalities differ, no matter how much they rub each other the wrong way...that comfort has always been there. And as much as I disliked this Prateik crap (very much)...it did provide a contrast to that trust Megha has with Mohan. 

Yes, the Pratiek crap was very much unnecessary and no one can deny that...but the fact that these creatives are salvaging this situation with Megha reflecting on her stupidity and the growing sense of trust and evolution in MM's relationship is what makes me believe in this show again. 

And then of course the best part of the episode: the MM scene. I'll try to not repeat what everyone has already mentioned about this scene...but I also loved the nuances in this scene. Little (but significant) things like Mohan slowing down his speed and turning back towards Megha, sitting down beside her like a companion who won't leave his friend's side in a moment of embarrassment and discomfort, providing her with two hankys- her's and his own...πŸ˜†...wiping her tears, and then offering his hand to help her get back up. The best part about this scene was that poignancy and sensitivity. The sensitivity of the situation was preserved as this scene was like a transition, an initial shock absorber. This scene was like a silent...providing of comfort scene...Mohan being there for Megha so that she can accept what just happened and come back to her self. 

And then Mohan's "Kabhi kabhi rona acha hota hai"...I swear...Mohan is just the only one that can bring out that uninhibited quality in Megha. Woh kehte hain na, if you can full out laugh or cry in front of someone..then you have that comfort and sense of trust with that person. I loved how as soon as Mohan says this, Megha can't help but unleash her tears and pent up emotion. Mohan FREES Megha in so many ways. Mohan was just so sweet, understanding and accepting towards Megha in this scene. Just letting her express herself and bring out her inner emotions so that she can feel lighter. And I love how he's just THERE sitting beside her as she's doing this. 

And I just LOVE the use of this hanky! Eee it's just  one of THE most amusing, and adorable quirk of this show! :D 

And then the kaajal smudge bit. Aww...I swear...like JZ said...Mohan is such a boy in front of Megha. And Megha too brings out her childishness and vulnerabilities in front of Mohan. The way she SO cutely goes, "Ghar mein sab ko patah chal jayga ki main roi thi"...Aww...I just thought that both MM looked like two little children who were buddies in this scene during that moment. There was this sweet INNOCENCE in this scene...just as Mohan is guiding her towards where the smudge is...it was almost like a little game...πŸ˜†...this and the hanky...were little lighthearted undertones to this scene which I loved. That whole essence of humour, hope, and second chances and faith that are so prevalent in this show. My only wish is that these basic essences of this show remain throughout the telling of this story. 

And then there were hints of cute awkwardness too in this scene. Just that respect Mohan has for Megha shows in all of his gestures. 

And interesting that you brought that rangrez tear wiping scene back to this scene, Anu. What was very interesting for me...was how AFTER Mohan wipes off that kaajal smudge...THAT'S when Megha tears up again. It was exactly like that rangrez scene in the sense that it's just that moment that MM share...this poignancy and deep subconscious understanding they share. That makes them vulnerable to each other in moments like these. It was like that tear of Megha's just escaped on it's own free will and it couldn't help doing so. And just the way Mohan CATCHES that tear and wipes it with his hanky...the first and the second tear. I thought it was a brilliant touch by the creatives...also in managing to HOLD and enhance that sensitivity, poignancy just that MOMENT that MM were sharing. And of course, like you said, this time Megha LETS him wipe those tears. She is much more open towards him at this point...much more trustworthy to LETTING him be a part of her vulnerabilities, letting him in basically. During the rangrez scene, she was much more conscious...much more wary of Mohan. So in a way this Pratiek crap has helped shape up that beautiful evolution in MM's relationship. 

And that NBT song...well I don't really like the singer so much..he sings it kind of cheesily...:P lol...but I thought those lyrics were very well placed with MM's situation actually. They brought out...again that lighthearted tone...that tone of second chances and hope and revival. Especially these lyrics:

"Abhi hain raaste sabhi judaa...kahaan hain manzilein nahin pataa"...I like these words "raastey" and "manzilein"...because this scene kind of symbolized that journey aspect too. With the way Mohan is walking and then he looks back and notices Megha slow down so then he slows down with her...the way he sits beside her. And this scene did have that vibe of MM figuring out things...just those looks they shared...they hinted this very subconscious seeking of each other...slowly letting each other in. 

And even these lyrics: "Magar yeh zindagi kabhi toh phir se muskuraye gi, humein kisi kushi se rooh rooh karaye gi"...slightly cheesy lyrics I know...but I liked the placement of them as Mohan is wiping away Megha's tears. Symbolizing that dukh/pain leaving her life...the ray of hope entering her life...these moments of smiles and comfort entering...you know again providing that lighthearted essence of the show again. 

And this goes for both Mohan and Megha. They are both in need of these lighthearted moments in their lives...these moments of innocence and childishness and being able to seek comfort from someone. 

Sorry for getting carried away as usual...but finally...I liked the way Mohan gets up finally and offers his hand to make Megha get up. Again symbolizing that idea of let's get back up, accept and face the situation. Mohan helps Megha lighten her inner burdens by telling her that it's ok to cry...but he doesn't let her sit (literally sit) in self pity and dismay for long. He wipes her tears and makes her get back up to be the strong and dignified Megha he knows and respects so much. :)

Oh and Edit: Loved the precap too. Aww at Mohan's honesty!! The way he just speaks his heart and lets Megha know that he respects her. :) And Megha too...can't wait to see this conversation. Off to watch today's episode. YAY! :D

Edit again: Aww you guys talking about Mohan's chivalry...lol I loved the way he goes, "After you Mrs. Vyas"...lol...those little moments where that respect he has for Megha peep out...Mohan is super adorable with those moments of "aap" and all. :P lol. 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 12 years ago
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

And interesting that you brought that rangrez tear wiping scene back to this scene, Anu. What was very interesting for me...was how AFTER Mohan wipes off that kaajal smudge...THAT'S when Megha tears up again. It was exactly like that rangrez scene in the sense that it's just that moment that MM share...this poignancy and deep subconscious understanding they share. That makes them vulnerable to each other in moments like these. It was like that tear of Megha's just escaped on it's own free will and it couldn't help doing so. And just the way Mohan CATCHES that tear and wipes it with his hanky...the first and the second tear. I thought it was a brilliant touch by the creatives...also in managing to HOLD and enhance that sensitivity, poignancy just that MOMENT that MM were sharing. And of course, like you said, this time Megha LETS him wipe those tears. She is much more open towards him at this point...much more trustworthy to LETTING him be a part of her vulnerabilities, letting him in basically. During the rangrez scene, she was much more conscious...much more wary of Mohan. So in a way this Pratiek crap has helped shape up that beautiful evolution in MM's relationship. 

Pallooo you're hereeeπŸ€— Missed you yaar!  Yes we finally got great epis after ages of Prateek tortureπŸ˜†

@bold: FANTASTIC point! Wow what an observation yaar...I never realized it until you pointed it out...makes the scene even more beautiful now😍...there was just something so touching about the fact that the tears welled up in her eyes as she sees him wiping the kaajal so tenderly...it's like that TENDERNESS made her come undone even more...

P.S.: Pallo pleaseee make sigs naaa! I posted caps on the previous page too!
Edited by AreYaar - 12 years ago

Pallooo you're hereeeπŸ€— Missed you yaar!  Yes we finally got great epis after ages of Prateek tortureπŸ˜†

@bold: FANTASTIC point! Wow what an observation yaar...I never realized it until you pointed it out...makes the scene even more beautiful now😍...there was just something so touching about the fact that the tears welled up in her eyes as she sees him wiping the kaajal so tenderly...it's like that TENDERNESS made her come undone even more...

P.S.: Pallo pleaseee make sigs naaa! I posted caps on the previous page too!

I missed you tooo!! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— *envelops you into a bear squishy hug Mohan-Nanhi style* πŸ˜†

Eee...today's episode was awesome! :D *super happy muh* I shall be back...have some errands to do and then I'll go gush about the episode in your post...and by that time the thread will have reached 20 pages I am sure. :P 

And WORD on the tenderness! That's exactly it...the care and the tenderness...the delicacy of the moment. Aww so so poignant...just love the fact that these two are SHARING these kinds of moments...and vulnerabilities. πŸ˜ It gives their relationship much more depth and the required sensitivity than any amount of romantic and such scenes. 

Arey yaarr... πŸ˜† You made awesome stuff already! I don't need to...chalo I shall try a hand maybe later...LOVE your caps though as always. You always capture the most significant moments.

And I love your icon sig too! πŸ˜ And the avis of course. Again, you've chosen the best expressions/gestures and moments to hold. 
Pallo πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

To start off - me right by Nur's side egging you ON to make those siggies - YOU BETTA!!! Like come on, ek postcard perfect moment to has made shayars out of forum waasis - siggie toh BANTA hai!!! πŸ˜Ž

And word to your post - esp the part I quoted in bold - beautifully expressed πŸ‘ The transition in Megha at that point was perfect for both lead characters, and that was the turning point of the episode, and the whole week of torture as such! Wahan se aage sab sahi hua!!! 

Will look forward to reading your take on today's episode, when you get around to it - and YES, the siggies pleej *Addu face that Pallo agreed can't be ignored* 

Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Anyways, moving on to better things...I loved Megha's expressions towards Mohan as he enters. It was such a progression of reactions...from a gratifying relief of noticing Mohan there...to a disgust at the situation she had landed herself in...it was like she was reciting all that had happened to Mohan through just her eyes. Once again, MM's silent communication was brilliant. I liked the way Megha teared up too, and then immediately wiped her tears as well. It was like Mohan's mere presence itself gave her SO much comfort. That whole progression of Megha coming to realize how she had been stupid enough to ignore the obvious signs of Prateik's creepiness, and Mohan's continuous warnings. And then the obvious hitting her in the face when Prateik comes out. All this had obviously created this environment of discomfort and distrust. This facade...Megha's blindness and not being able to see what was reality. 

And then Mohan comes in and completely changes this atmosphere. Megha can IMMEDIATELY feel the sense of trust and reality. Because Mohan is actually the one who has ALWAYS been real. I loved the fact that Megha can immediately sense this. That immediate sense of comfort between these two no matter how much their personalities differ, no matter how much they rub each other the wrong way...that comfort has always been there. And as much as I disliked this Prateik crap (very much)...it did provide a contrast to that trust Megha has with Mohan. 

Edit again: Aww you guys talking about Mohan's chivalry...lol I loved the way he goes, "After you Mrs. Vyas"...lol...those little moments where that respect he has for Megha peep out...Mohan is super adorable with those moments of "aap" and all. :P lol. 
JZ! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

Aww you guys are too sweet yarrr...for wanting me to make sigs. *melts* πŸ€— 

And no fair...using the *Addu face*...cheating!! Hmphh...

Chalo I will def. try...but honestly I don't see how I could make anything that can capture the simplicity of this scene as this sig does: 

Honestly, Anu...ek toh I love the colouring...upar se just the simplicity you've captured...without any show-sha or words or anything. You've like HELD all the significant moments in this scene...the expressions...the sitting together...and the hand offering...aww...😍 *niharofies endlessly* 

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your MN icon sig too!!! :D πŸ€—

And JZ...your 'goofy and woofy' sig is TOO cute! It's so warm and fuzzy. Aww Kunal's dog is super adorable! I want to reach in and give him/her a hug! 

And leh Anu...BnB had a baby!?? Aww wow...they've come so far!! I wish I had time to catch up with that show...haven't watched it in AGES! That baby is shoo cuteee!

Anyways...just wanted to comment on those caps too:

Some caps of my fav. bits:

Aww...look at the innocence in Megha's eyes here. As she's pleasantly surprised and all child like too as she let's Mohan take the hanky from her hands. That TENDERNESS like you said Anu...is so visible here too. Even the way Mohan so tenderly reaches for that hanky too. 

Aww this look of Kunal's is too sweet...that care and support he shows towards Megha. It's like he's genuinely touched...there's a hint of his respect for Megha here too. And just his wanting to not spoil anything for her this time...just wanting to do everything right. And this time he doesn't even have to try...

This looks is such a turning point for Megha...it's like she's finally figured out Mohan. 

Aww Monu looks so bholu sa here. Like JZ said..he's such a boy. Again you can see that innocence that's there somewhere in him...the fact that he's pure hearted and a good soul despite all his taporiness, street smarts and cynical sides. 

I liked how the episode paused here...it seemed like Megha finally gives Mohan her hand (literally also)...and just lets him in. Trusts him. It's like these two are on an equal and a new starting page now. Something like that. :P πŸ˜†

Ok and now that I can finally sit in one place and type without getting distracted...I'm off to gush about today's episode...*skips to the other thread* 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 12 years ago
Aww thank you so much about the icon sig, PalloπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— It's like you GET why I use the caps I do! Muahhh!

And loveeed your comments on the various caps...especially that expression of Megha's as she looks at Mohan...I found it very powerful too...like a turning point...and yes the tenderness in the bits when he takes the hanky from her and wipes her kaajal...the way she is watching him do it...just such a lovely moment that can't be described nicely enough in words.

And I also loved the symbolism of the final frame with Megha giving him her hand and letting it be there...I loved that it ended there and today's epi started off straight away on the bike only.

Oh yeah BnB had a baby! LOLL She's tooo cute...her name is Christine...they really have come a long way...they're super friggin adorable as parents! :D

Okies see ya in the other thread then *hugs*