Apr 5th: When words aren't needed - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Here's my take:

No matter what the criticism , no matter what the complains about characters ...no matter what I agree to and what i dont , the fact just remains that this is still my best show right now...

I just have to see Mohan and his deep eyes and I forgive everything else..
And no matter how cliche or OTT today's Pratik's scene was , I am just left with the magic of the silent MM scene that followed ... the way Megha slid down the wall all devastated,the way Mohan silently joined her.. their silence filled the my heart and i can still hear it echoing ...

Today the show justified its name ...NBTNMKK...completely...seriously ..and soulfully...and i am still reeling under its impact ...its beautiful  impact...

To say nothing of the beautiful hankey scene ...boy, was Mohan glad she wasnt noticing nothing... trust Kunal to slip in and out of comedy so effortlessly in the middle of a serious scene without disturbing it even slightly...

Megha , after her shock , regained some of the Mrs Vyas poise and I was touched by the way she held back her tears - till she no longer could

I hope and pray that CV's retain the beauty of the show in the coming episodes and we continue to enjoy our show together..

Cheers!
VJ

Edited by VJ-LNMDJ - 12 years ago
Good Analysis Anu..😊
I think MM scene just stood up to what the real essence of NBT is..
Megha did face it all with dignity without much of a melodrama.. what stood out for me was her thinking process..thinking that it was all for prerna she calls her and later becomes doubtful..that is when
she remembers all those past moments with prateek and about how Mohan had warned her..this was much needed which connected well with her expressions when Mohan enters..the silent communication between them was a pleasant scene..i could actually experience the relief that megha felt..and mohan just through those expressions consoling her..just perfect..

and now for the surprising element πŸ˜† they keep it alive by
making the situation simple and realistic when we least expect it.. mohan bringing prerna with him was least expected..πŸ˜† and they made the whole scenario humorous..
but again they have left it open regarding prateek's issue..so wife remains clueless and continues being blindfolded about his intentions..
and i am eager to see how prateek's equation with megha will continue at work..and how will megha continue to work with him at the first place?..

now for the best scene...i would like to applaud Akanksha here for bringing out the feelings of megha so well..
when MM comes out, megha is overwhelmed by emotions..can't take it any longer and feeling too tired by all those just slides down..amazing!! and mohan as usual being his typical self..they don't need words many a times and communicate a lot through their expressions alone..
the hanky always appears at the right time to bring out a lighter moment out of a serious situation..πŸ˜†  this time mohan realizes it little late when megha actually takes her hanky and starts wiping her eyes πŸ˜† and feels relieved that it comes back to him πŸ˜† and then second time he promptly gives his hanky and also wipes her eyes himself..and through out all these, they were typical megha and mohan.. no OTT scenes..perfect again..😊

Megha and Mohan will talk it out as per the precap.. 'tum mujhe samaj rahe honge ki mein kitni bewakoof hoon..'   and mohan's  'aap nahi samajthe ki mere dil mein aap ke liye kitni izzat hain aur...' and stopping at that..again he is not able complete his sentence...πŸ˜†

Overall a good episode
..a sense of relief that its all over and specially for how they have handled it managing to surprise us again..

One must give credit where it's due ... the second half was a feel good episode today and has me smiling. 

Firstly, parts I disliked: 

1) Prateek's disgusting behavior - actually the actor playing Prateek has done a decent job of making us all unanimously loathe him. 

2) Prerna's well-timed entry at Jannat - I personally found it extremely cheesy. Besides it leaves a wide open track for Prateek's evilness to continue. 

Parts that I liked:

1) Megha finding the courage to snatch back her pallu and cover herself in a dignified manner, while pushing Prateek away. A slap wouldn't have hurt either... considering what he was about to do. 

2) Mohan's dream sequence like entry - so in essence he entered like a filmy hero - right on time. I was almost expecting him to say, "heroine peeche hat jaa" πŸ˜† But the silent communication that followed between him and Megha was amazing. Kudos for the lack of cringe-inducing filmy dialogues like (bhagwan ke liye mujhe chood do or tumhare ghar main maa-bahen nahi hai types) or hysterics. Megha was indeed making a rational attempt at escape without getting hysterical. When she saw Mohan, her face was filled with shame, relief and gratitude - all at the same time. She was communicating her silent thanks to Mohan, while having the grace to be embarrassed about paying no heed to Mohan's words. Akansha did a very nice job there. 

3) Mohan toh Prateek ka baap nikla - his haughty double meaning dialogue delivery was spot on. I felt like jumping inside the screen and pulling his cheeks. πŸ˜†

4) The last bit proved once again where the biggest strength of this serial lies in - unspoken words! When Mohan starts walking off and Megha trails behind crushed was very well shown. Their silent conversation on the carpet spoke volumes more than any filmy dialogues or dramatic hugs could. Mohan's hesitation to touch a battered Megha was a good touch too. Megha was feeling vulnerable after the harrowing experience. It is very easy for any girl to misunderstand the guy's intentions in those circumstances. A simple hug could've ruined the moment IMO. The BG music was good ... I am not sure though I liked the female singer's voice. It sounded a tad bit naive. The way Mohan stood up as if to convey that there is no point dwelling on what happened and they needed to get ou was well shown. Today both Kunal and Akansha's expressions were spot on.

So the path is indeed clear for Mohan and Megha's friendship. Will they both continue to work for PL after this nasty incident though - remains to be seen. 
You've pointed out all the things I liked about today's episode too...especially that last MM scene which was definitely one of the signature NBT moments and it was good to see it that way than any expected melodrama. I liked the fact that there weren't any words exchanged between them, just gestures and facial assurances. Kunal and Akanksha were amazing throughout the episode with expressing through their faces.

lol @ the return of the hanky!πŸ˜† I liked Mohan's expression when he noticed that it was THE hanky and then how quickly he stuffs it in his other pocket and pulls our his own hanky next time around! LMAO

@precap-- looking forward to that scene tomorrow.

by the way, now that Megha will be back to trusting terms with Mohan, will they get on with Amar's case? Will they show such moments between them as they had in their initial promos?

I have to say, I was preparing for the worst in today's episode...but my goodness did the CVs salvage a lot. πŸ˜†

The MM scenes gets an A+ from me. AMAZING! And I didn't even mind the 'de re na' tune. πŸ˜ƒ

Tomorrow looks good as well. Looking forward to the show again after days of torture.
Originally posted by -Roopa-

Good Analysis Anu..😊
I think MM scene just stood up to what the real essence of NBT is..
Megha did face it all with dignity without much of a melodrama.. what stood out for me was her thinking process..thinking that it was all for prerna she calls her and later becomes doubtful..that is when
she remembers all those past moments with prateek and about how Mohan had warned her..this was much needed which connected well with her expressions when Mohan enters..the silent communication between them was a pleasant scene..i could actually experience the relief that megha felt..and mohan just through those expressions consoling her..just perfect.. WORD...you've described it perfectly...I also loved that they today they showed proper logic in Megha's thought process for a change and showed her getting uncomfortable and trying to reason her way through and Mohan's words finally connecting in her head as well to the moment when she sees Mohan enter the room and it's like all that she had finally realized was being communicated to him silently through her eyes...good flow to this bit.

then second time he promptly gives his hanky and also wipes her eyes himself..and through out all these, they were typical megha and mohan.. no OTT scenes..perfect again..😊

Oh wow Roopa I just realized looking at this rangrez waale scene ki avi that you're using where she didn't let him wipe her tears

To today's scene where she not only let him wipe her tears, she actually smiled back in that moment of gratitude and connection...a very significant shift in MM's relationship today.

@Without-Fanthom...beautifully written analysis...I especially loved the part you wrote about Mohan diffusing the whole situation without becoming a Macho heroπŸ˜ƒ...also agree on Prerna becoming the collateral damage.
@Anu : Of course the situation was different considering HIS Nanhi was in the picture there but you got my point anyway :P. I forgot to mention that I also liked the bit where he wipes off the smudged kohl (which I couldn't see btw :P) , nonetheless I thought that was also done very sweetly without going cheesy. Mohan's gesture when he extended his hand to help her up was symbolic of what's to come I guess and the fact that Megha actually took it is a huge thing for her, she has shown her trust for him through that. Agreed she always took his help, like when they went searching for Nanhi and also at other times but she was always a little skeptical,  this time however, she did it willingly without a hint of doubt in her mind. I am really waiting for the precap, this conversation has been long due, hopefully Megha will apologize/thank Mohan . While KA are doing a great job of portraying the undercurrent chemistry of M-M , I should also applaud the makers for doing a brilliant job of penning scenes that remain true to the theme of this show, I LOVE the implicit understanding that M-M share, they connect on a subconscious level and I find it beautiful that they need not acknowledge it. 😍
I just love this show! Nothing was OTT.it was so real! I so happy to not see any dishum dishum by Mohan. And finally the end MM track...kunal and aakansha  we're spot on!
Loved the hanky scene...lol
Originally posted by without-fathom

- Mohan has not only safely, but pointedly established one up on Prateik. And I want to give a huge pat to whoever wrote for today to deliver a Mohan-esque ace in that sense. Because come to think of it, even while I envisaged Mohan operating anti Prateik on the sly to be the way out - this is SO much more like Mohan! He's not the macho action hero, but he's also not the diplomatic behind the scenes knight. The way he dealt with the matter today goes exactly in accord with the advice he gave Nanhi only some days back. He's kept his head and wits about him, put aside the fear, and then faced the problem head on! He makes his side very clear to Prateik - by bringing Prerna in - and whatever Prateik may/may not expect Megha to accomplish, if he knows Mohan in the slight, he has been well warned off to know better than being reckless at least (not suggesting he's going to miraculously change - but he knows he's been beaten out and out atm). And the interesting part is Mohan no longer has to even keep up a facade of going with his "boss's orders" at work - the suspicious orders like this Ratlam deal - because he's brought the confrontation out in the open, without endangering his own position by using Prerna for a shield.  True, very true...even if Mohan imagines himself as a tapori action hero in his dreams, the real Mohan would handle a situation very much like he did today...keeping his head and basically being clever about it...Machivellian as you said...he trapped Prateek in the best way possible and now holds major leverage over him.

Truly - Mohan is Machiavelli at play even in his typical klutzy and light element! 

The sad part of course is Prerna. For some reason, I don't think Mohan expects Prateik to actually improve - I think he's only made it amply clear to his lech boss, that improve or not, Megha is no longer to be part of his target list, because he stands in between. I'm not saying he's entirely used Prerna either... but well, for the time being, and from the looks of it wherever this heads, Prerna is going to be one collateral damage in the entire scheme of things.  The sad part to me is that Prerna is another brainless female in the mix now...she bought all that lame nonsense about why Prateek was in a bathrobe...so yeah I guess she will be collateral damage in all this.

I have to admit the Mohan with cop scene was SO not needed. It felt thrown in just to give us a "sensational" precap yesterday. For a moment there I'd thought Mohan was going to pull a smart one by using the cop himself - but of course, he would not want to make this anything big deal given Megha's exposure risk. So technically, that scene was entirely random.  LOL I'd already forgotten about that scene...haha yeah it was pretty random...I didn't get why they had to show Mohan getting stopped by the cop if it wasn't going to lead to anything...aevein filler stuff.

Mohan is such a natural. He doesn't shoot lovelorn sympathetic looks at Megha - and I've always loved that about him, because it's the last thing someone like Megha would receive. He almost becomes this young boy around her, even after pulling off the most man-savior act minutes ago! It's amazing that for the cynic he is, around Megha, he never really needs to think how to react - he just does his own thing, and it falls right!  Beautifully described, JzeeπŸ‘

I want to add how even the light MM scene was subtly symbolic. Mohan becoming an aid and instrument in cleansing the "black" marks in Megha's life! Letting her do it initially with only guidance, then becoming fully involved and implementing it himself. Ooh another lovely pointπŸ‘

So yes, a much relieving temporary closure to this situation. The SBB SBS segments are making much more sense now, enough to look forward to them, and greatly! I guess Megha wont really make it to the function at her place and will be sunao-ed full on by Renu and MIL. Ab latter ka toh kuch kar sakta ni Monu, but Renu bhabhi toh haina πŸ˜† Who knows Nanhi might be the one who tips him off about the woes Renu gave Megha - and Mohan ki vengeance jaag jaye, classic Mohan style?! πŸ˜†   LOL lagta toh kuch aisa hi hai...Mohan will get back at Renu for sunaaoing to Megha...but I guess this scene wont' air till next week...