Ramayan completes 25 years on telly - VIDEO!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Hey guys!

Don't know if any of you have seen this, but the actors of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan recently gave interviews about their experience acting in Ramayan 25 years back, and how it changed their life. It is really interesting and refreshing to read.😍

There are 5 parts to the video, and the first 4 parts deal with RS Ramayan whereas the 5th part deals with Ramayan's remake, the recent 2008 Ramayan by Anand Sagar. The first four parts have interviews with the cast of RSR, whereas the fifth part has an interview with Gurmeet and Debina.

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I hope you all enjoy it.😃

Feel free to discuss the interviews here!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Just finished Part 1, and I really enjoyed the interviews of Arunji, Deepikaji, Sunilji, and Daraji.👏

I especially loved how Arunji said he initially felt uncomfortable when people prayed to his feet, but then he realized that they were not praying to him as an actor, but that they saw God in him and were praying to that God inside him. It kind of makes the ridiculousness of some fans seem more understandable.🤓😆 Though I would personally never pray to an actor, lol, no matter how great he or she was in a mytho role.
Varnita. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Loved what Gurmeet Said...
PART 5...

He Said "When we got a offer at that time it was really wonderful as it was really a great opportunity for us bcoz the ramayan is coming after 20 years and also by same people were bringing it...
We were so exited as we got the role of ram and SIta ,we know how devotedly people do watch ramayan and do worship ram and sita...and so therefore it was a tough job for us..

He point towards debina and said "Do u remember during the shooting days how people use to come to us to take our blessings... Now a days people do know that we r just actors but still many pepple use to come and worship us there, in the same way they used to do in the temple...
Edited by Varnita. - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
^^ Thank you so much for the translation, Varnita, was waiting for it!😛 All of the actors from RSR spoke in English so I understood, but as usual Gurmeet spoke in Hindi only so I didn't get what he was saying.😆
Isn't that ironic? The actors of the 80s spoke in English whereas a modern day actor spoke in Hindi...sorry, I kind of found that funny.😆😆
Varnita. thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

^^ Thank you so much for the translation, Varnita, was waiting for it!😛 All of the actors from RSR spoke in English so I understood, but as usual Gurmeet spoke in Hindi only so I didn't get what he was saying.😆

Isn't that ironic? The actors of the 80s spoke in English whereas a modern day actor spoke in Hindi...sorry, I kind of found that funny.😆😆

My Pleasure...😊

Ya it seems that Gurmeet is so used to with Hindi...
I never saw him giving any interview in English...
EVen Debina always use English during her Interviews...

Well we can say that it is the style of Gurmeet...😉😃
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Varnita.

My Pleasure...😊

Ya it seems that Gurmeet is so used to with Hindi...
I never saw him giving any interview in English...
EVen Debina always use English during her Interviews...

Well we can say that it is the style of Gurmeet...😉😃

Yes, I think Gurmeet is just more comfortable with Hindi, though I wish he were a bit less comfortable since it'd make my life easier if he spoke in English.🤣
Varnita. thumbnail

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Yes, I think Gurmeet is just more comfortable with Hindi, though I wish he were a bit less comfortable since it'd make my life easier if he spoke in English.🤣

HAHA Dats Why he Sended me to Translate...
For making ur Life easier...LOLZZZ😆😉🤣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Varnita.

HAHA Dats Why he Sended me to Translate...
For making ur Life easier...LOLZZZ😆😉🤣

True, true...🤣🤣

What did you think of the other interviews? Did you see them?
Varnita. thumbnail
Other Interviews...?????
From this same segment...????
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow that's sooo cool! Thanks for sharing this with us Janu. Am busy with guests so will watch it at full volume and comment in a bit... just glad to have that silver jubilee euphoria back again since the thread was so much fun for us =D And haven't seen some of the old cast members (apart from Arun and Sunil) speak about the show like... ever, so should be interesting.

And btw the language disparity between the 80s and GD (Gurmeet in particular since Debina's from Bengal where they speak more English than Hindi - our in-house Debi di can confirm for you 😆) is that that generation has been in metropolitan English/Hinglish speaking Mumbai for that many decades longer - in fact Deepika's always lived there except for her stint in politics, if I'm not mistaken.  Way up north, especially the area Gurmeet came from relatively recently, Hindi is more common even colloquially.