Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JShukla thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: rani-lucki

this is just a work of fiction... something made up

if the audience has the sense to understand wot is happening in the drama serial, they will hav a sense of not to follow the wrong things

this show is not a lecture on life, its just for enjoyment
not making such posts which discourage the makers--they put  a lots of hard work in to the show, if u don't like wots going on then don't watch

the CV's can't take responsibility for every good or bad thing happening to viewers
if parents think this drama is not suitible for their children  then they should ban them from watching it

the CV's the the right to explore any topic they like, arnav and kkg can't always be doinng "rabba ve" and the rest of the raizada household playing violins in the background

sori if this seems like a rant but i'm sick of seeing such depressing topics :-)

And I am sick of seeing silly people like  you  trespassing on sensible topics like this...

Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
👏👏👏.. They really need to think about this responsibly, Shaym's character is intriguing to an extent but this new physical proximity they've developed since the terrace scene is becoming disturbing. Was he not the same character who prided on not touching Khushi even though they were under one roof ... he's becoming more perverted and serious day by day and it's the wrong message for the young and the impressionable. When a stalker, behaves and acts such a way the right way to respond is not to ignore it or hope it will go away but to report it. 😵 They should at least place a disclaimer or something most of the UK shows have a "If you have anyway been effected by any of the issues today then please contact this helpline... blah blah.."😆 Edited by Rabba-Ve-Delena - 12 years ago
.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Seriously !! She can give long bhashans to ASR..Ok fine..ASR deserves even worse than that..But i hate her character inconsistency..I mean i cant understand how on earth she reacts like that to Shyam and is keeping her mouth shut.To be honest this behaviour of her really puts me off..I mean her vulnerability is more unreasonable and cringeworthy than ASR's vindictiveness..We havent seen her strong side..But i really want her to do something about Shyam..Its high time and not to forget this will also be a huge slap at ASR's face ,That is what the feminist in me wants me.But ofcourse this isnt happening in the show.
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Rabba-Ve-Delena

👏👏👏.. They really need to think about this responsibly, Shaym's character is intriguing to an extent but this new physical proximity they've developed since the terrace scene is becoming disturbing. Was he not the same character who prided on no touching Khushi even though they were under one roof ... he's becoming more perverted and serious day by day and it's wrong message for the young and the impressionable. When a stalker, behaves and acts such way they right way to respond is not to ignore it or hope it will go away but to report it. 😵 They should at least place a disclaimer or something most of the UK shows have a "If you have anyway been effected by any of the issues today then please contact this helpline... blah blah.."😆

ouma - our helpline is IF we are screaming away here. while 4-lions is pontificating ways to get moer creative in your writing by offering a workshop for everyone. i say, why dont they send theirs to this workshop first. 😆
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7

both men manhandiing a 18yr d girI in the name f Iove is disgusting,

what i dont understand is what are her reasons for toIerating this

with shaym anjaIi is aIso invoIved , hw do they assume he might nt harm anjaIi and he made his stand cIear , her own sister is in the house , who knows the entire story why not taIk to her

they are showing it Iike a househoId issue it is not

it is getting to a IeveI o f serious crime , and toIerating this to me is an equaI crime

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. The issue is no longer just that Khushi is being lusted after. She is actually being physically hurt by her husband (like thats new) and now Shyam who even says today (made my head spin) "Why, cant I hold you? Is it Arnav who's only allowed to grab you roughly like this?" The right answer, from Khushi should NOT have been what she said- "He is my husband"  but rather that  "NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GRAB ME HARD ENOUGH TO HURT." 

There is a responsibility here that Khushi is also ignoring, to Anjali, and her right to know exactly what she is married to. Khushi can no longer pretend that Shyam has a baby coming, he probably plans to become a decent person so he must be given a second chance. She cant pretend he has changed. No one knows better than her exactly what a crazy slimy creep he is. And she's supposed to be someone who takes SUCH good care of her Anjali Di? Instead of badaam milk, get the poor cheated woman Divorce papers, you idiot!

There is nothing she is shielding Anjali from at this point, because Anjali doesn't have a real husband, she has Shyam who clearly doesn't think she is his wife. He said so to Khushi today. Shyam has been as clear as a villain can be. He's said, pretty much -"I'm married, you are married, I know you don't like or want me  and you don't love me, you have been very clear on that. AND I DON'T CARE. I'm going to force you anyways." What does he have to do, send her a formal invitation to the date and time he plans to rape her?

And of course, tomorrow, Khushi will be back to absolute zero brain capacity about this clear threat, which we wont see anything about. Hell, maybe they'll Rabba Ve the next time Shyam grabs her, seems like she reacts almost the same as with ASR!

Momma1128 always points out something essential, which the CVS confuse-there is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. Khushi is under the impression she can handle everything, which is typical for an 18 year old girl to think, and completely bullshit. Exhibit A-the  lecherous family member who you literally have to run away from and who still gets to you and frightens you.

For the love of Devi Maiyya, TELL SOMEBODY.

sukri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I like your post Navin.

Actually I also believe that CVs should show how to tackle creeps like Shyam in real life. They have shown enough abuse so far (both Arnav and Shyam) However everyone from audience understand and already by now know that Shyam is a creep. We need not see the repeat of it. Please tell us how to handle this situation. How is a teenage who is not comfortable talking about this to anyome (not saying Khushi, I mean any teenager) handle such person.

From the SPA awards, it was very clear that IPKKND is very popular among 15-20 year olds.

Whether we agree or not, these kids are really influenced by what is shown in the Televison. Esp a character like Khushi, who every girl wants to be, they will try to imitate what she does. God forbid, if something like that happens to their real lives, they would have no idea as to what to do.

If Khushi is shown to be a simple girl with morals who will go to any extreme to protect the truth, to protect her family, CVs should show that she will go to any extreme to expose the villian too, will go any extreme to protect herself.

I have a real life incident - Please ignore if you feel its too long.

My friend and I had joined a hobby class when we were 16 yr old, just started our junior college. My friend wear chudidar, decent looking and does nothing to provacate any male into doing anything.. She had very few friends and kept to herself most of the time.

The person who teached in the classes was a guy around 30 yr old and he was married. He used to stay in the same locality as my friend and sometimes he would see her in the bus stop while she was going to college. He recognised her and they used to say Hi to each other.

One day he sat in a seat bebind her to talk to her, she talked a bit.
The next time he sad next to her.
Third time, he bought bus ticket for her and at the pretext of giving her the ticket, he held her hand and smiled at her. She got uncomfortable with this action but she didnt mention it to anyone, even me becasue she was afraid of being judged.
The next time he suggested her that instead of going by bus, he will get his bike instead and they can go together. She refused.
The next time he came to the bus stop in the bike, forced her to sit with him and he dropped her near the train station and told her he can pick her up after the college and they can go to movie or have fun. He also indicated that his wife was not in town.

She was scared to death and finally realised the seriousness of the situation and ran away and met me at the canteen.

From her face, I could tell that something was bothering her, I had to pester her a lot, before she finally gave me all the details.

Now we both 16 year olds, I am telling you all we were shit scared.. no kidding, had no clue as to what to do couple options we discussed after lot of brainstorming(that i remember now) were
- lets complain against the him to the hobby class owner. (we were worried what if he does something to us outside the class if we complain against him)
- lets talk to parents - but she were uncomfortable to open this topic in front of our parents, thinking what if my parents blamed me for joining the classes.

In the end, what we did was just stopped going to the classes, coz that seems the easiest solution. There was constant fear of what will happen, we knew that he cant do much, but we had college at 7 am and she had to get the 6 am bus. There usually arent many pple around that time.She started taking an auto to the train station instead of bus and after 6 months she was finally over the incident.

I am not saying what we did is right or wrong, but when people watch such shows, they have to show it such that it is useful for people. Maybe we could have dealt with him differently had we know of options.

Seattleite thumbnail
Until yesterday I was sorry for Khushi and condenmed arnav's behaviour towards her...But after today, I was wondering why my heart doesnot feel sorry for khushi. You are right.  Khushi should share her secret with somebody atleast payal...
Arhimaniac thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: oh.petite.one

I was edging her to kick him in the groin, but sadly it didn't happen

*frustrated sigh*

A heel on his big toe could have done the trick too...a pinch on the hand...take a pin out of your head and poke him...damn there are so many ways to inflict pains without actually touching the creep...

*echoes your frustrated sigh*
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: napstermonster

both men manhandiing a 18yr d girI in the name f Iove is disgusting,

what i dont understand is what are her reasons for toIerating this

with shaym anjaIi is aIso invoIved , hw do they assume he might nt harm anjaIi and he made his stand cIear , her own sister is in the house , who knows the entire story why not taIk to her

they are showing it Iike a househoId issue it is not

it is getting to a IeveI o f serious crime , and toIerating this to me is an equaI crime

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. The issue is no longer just that Khushi is being lusted after. She is actually being physically hurt by her husband (like thats new) and now Shyam who even says today (made my head spin) "Why, cant I hold you? Is it Arnav who's only allowed to grab you roughly like this?" The right answer, from Khushi should NOT have been what she said- "He is my husband"  but rather that  "NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GRAB ME HARD ENOUGH TO HURT." 

There is a responsibility here that Khushi is also ignoring, to Anjali, and her right to know exactly what she is married to. Khushi can no longer pretend that Shyam has a baby coming, he probably plans to become a decent person so he must be given a second chance. She cant pretend he has changed. No one knows better than her exactly what a crazy slimy creep he is. And she's supposed to be someone who takes SUCH good care of her Anjali Di? Instead of badaam milk, get the poor cheated woman Divorce papers, you idiot!

There is nothing she is shielding Anjali from at this point, because Anjali doesn't have a real husband, she has Shyam who clearly doesn't think she is his wife. He said so to Khushi today. Shyam has been as clear as a villain can be. He's said, pretty much -"I'm married, you are married, I know you don't like or want me  and you don't love me, you have been very clear on that. AND I DON'T CARE. I'm going to force you anyways." What does he have to do, send her a formal invitation to the date and time he plans to rape her?

And of course, tomorrow, Khushi will be back to absolute zero brain capacity about this clear threat, which we wont see anything about. Hell, maybe they'll Rabba Ve the next time Shyam grabs her, seems like she reacts almost the same as with ASR!

Momma1128 always points out something essential, which the CVS confuse-there is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. Khushi is under the impression she can handle everything, which is typical for an 18 year old girl to think, and completely bullshit. Exhibit A-the  lecherous family member who you literally have to run away from and who still gets to you and frightens you.

For the love of Devi Maiyya, TELL SOMEBODY.

[/QUOTE]

@ red - In the interest of telling somebody, why not tell everyone about ASR's forced marriage to her as well? Why hold back on that aspect? Tell everyone how he has been humiliating and intimidating her behind closed doors. She does not know that ASR really means no harm, does she? And she does think he has ruined her life like a play dough, so why not reveal all that to the families?

So there in lies my confusion. If we want her to reveal Shyam, she can reveal ASR. If she can't reveal ASR, she cannot reveal shyam for the same reasons. I think from Khushi's stand point neither ASR nor Shyam have given her any warm fuzzies. We know ASR loves her, but she does not. Granted what shyam is doing is adultery, but what ASR is doing is travesty of institution she so firmly believes in.

My issue Navin is we are all quick to absolve ASR when from Khushi's pov, both men are doing wrong to her. period.
Edited by serialjunkie - 12 years ago
Barunkidewani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
you are absolutely right...her soft attitude towards creep is no more acceptable..she needs to confide in someone..she should atleast try saying this to arnav!