•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Well, to all of you, who called us the real life AShNi.

Thanks for all that.

AS I had posted earlier, there were a lot of differences in us.

I was a Tam-Brahm and he was Bihari.
I am pure veggie (no garlic-onion please) he could eat anything
I was practical, he was ultra romantic (at least in those days)

Things have changed now. After 16 years of married life,
We are family. We proudly define ourselves as Indians.
I continue to be a pure veggie but can tolerate him eating non-veg in my presence.

I cook eggs for my kids.
I am ultra romantic today (you can judge from my contributions to this forum) and he has forgotten the thing.
We have accepted each other, with both good and bad things as a common parcel.

My kids are surprised that he proposed to me after wooing me for quite sometime.
They cant imagine their dad doing such a thing today.
Hubby feels that you should watch KTLK after keeping your brain in the standby mode. I am plainly amused by the show.

For a reality check.
My Hubbies efforts in wooing me were well known (medical colleges are famous for their grapevine). We were known as "MR love birds"
My parents were the first to realize that something was amiss with me.
OUrs being a traditional family, the relationship was not approved initially (a Bihari!!!) and then what will people say? to convince my parents that we were serious (this was not puppy love) we put our relationship on hold, to revisit later if we still felt the same after sometime.
I completed my MD and he practised for sometime, then we approached my parents again in a matter of fact manner (no rona dhona please)

His parents had only one concern: does she speak Hindi? I underwent some training here also.
Spoke to them on the telephone in tootha-phoota hindi.

What clinched the issue with my parents was the realization that their little girl had her life in control.
I think that matters.

Today, looking back, haseen aati hai. But I will travel the path once again happily with Saiyaan. Nainon ki bhasha hi samajhani padi kyonki that was the only part visible (he was in OT most of the time in scrubs)

Malvika

Good post Malvika ji. Thanks for sharing
Thats so sweet Malvika.
Ur life-story is really so sweet and interesting.
God Bless u and ur family always.
Today's youngsters need to take a leaf out of ur books dear.
U write beautifully...so pls continue posting ur views on this forum...Will love reading them...

Gr8 again n thnx k apne meri baat maan li aur u changed Title gud!
Malvika- 👍🏼  and  rajeevji -👍🏼
u compensate for what's really missing in ktlk these days! wud u mind mailing a copy of your post to the show's creative team...
Nice post Malvikaji.So aweet to hear such a practical Love Story.
I hardly remind it,even after watching KTLK i did not remind that my Mom-Dad also did a age-gap  Love Marriage(15+) and now they are completing almost 30 years of Married life.Your post just reminded me that.
Best of wishes for both of you.

Lovely post Malvikaji..  liked the last para a lot. Do share your them.
Best wishes to MR and your kids...