Diya Aur Baati Hum

If you love some one-set them free

Avidfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
There is a saying that if you love some one let them go. If they love you they will return, if not, they were not yours any way. 

Sooraj is following that idiom. He is setting Sandhya free. All of us hopeless romantics are wishing and hoping that like a homing pigeon Sandhya will try to fly away but at the end of the day return back to her Sooraj. 

Sooraj is not pissed off- he is just trying to stay aloof. Of course he is hurt and sad. 

The serial lacks a good script that is why the meaning of what's happening is unclear. 
Edited by Avidfan - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angelic8219 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
True she might comeback to Sooraj but seriously why comeback  for more of Bhabo's abuse. 
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I'm not a romantic, so I hope CVs regret this obsession to force 2 birds into 1 cage and see what happens. They were probably operating on the principle that if you put cotton wool(Sandy) near fire, it'll combust. Unfortunately the fire was Bhabo and not Suraj. I'm full of analogies today, and probably make as much sense as the show. 
Avidfan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Hiral_Madame

I'm not a romantic, so I hope CVs regret this obsession to force 2 birds into 1 cage and see what happens. They were probably operating on the principle that if you put cotton wool(Sandy) near fire, it'll combust. Unfortunately the fire was Bhabo and not Suraj. I'm full of analogies today, and probably make as much sense as the show. 

Well if Sooraj and Sandhya are not together then there is no story and we should be watching this altogether. And it is also not an experiment about two birds in a cage. It is about how two completely different people can come together. Also, cotton is not combustable, it does not generate its own heat. It can burn but not combust or explode. It will burn away quietly. There is an apt analogy here. 

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
There are all the usual things... slipping and falling into arms, eyelocks, awkward moments...always trying to force the issue. Apparently these have all been done in this show already and I'm guessing most people just roll their eyes, or in my case avert eyes. This is the putting 2 birds into a small cage stage. They flutter, they protest...and then they end up at the two furthest ends of the cage. After a while, the cage door is opened to see if they'll fly out. They are by now so used to claustrophobic conditions, they've forgotten there's a whole world of space out there. While I'm thinking, 'Could there be a spark of love there?', Preeti comes by and encourages 1 bird to escape...still no reaction. Finally, there's loud squawking in the cage...monologue from 1 bird. Other bird is now pressed up against the bars, as far back as he can get away from her. Then of course there's Sylvester the cat who likes to torture the two tweeties.
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh gosh Avidfan - u brought back my siddhima days... where we constantly discussed what riddhima's true feelings were for sid - like u said: let her go and if she returns then it was meant to be - and if she doesnt then she was never urs to begin with - ...

sorry went into reminiscing mode there ... but yes Suraj is ready to abide by that idiom...he will (with a heavy heart) give sandy her freedom - only then will sandy realize where she wants to be... and i think all of us are waiting for the day she comes running back to suraj...

yea i didn't think suraj was necessarily angry - but his distance from sandy made it appear that way...its like he never says a word  - at least give us some dialogues where he is thinking...i know Anas is a fabb actor - but sometimes (like today) ... it was a bit confusing as to what Suraj is up too..
nice post i agree with you 
Avidfan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Hiral_Madame

There are all the usual things... slipping and falling into arms, eyelocks, awkward moments...always trying to force the issue. Apparently these have all been done in this show already and I'm guessing most people just roll their eyes, or in my case avert eyes. This is the putting 2 birds into a small cage stage. They flutter, they protest...and then they end up at the two furthest ends of the cage. After a while, the cage door is opened to see if they'll fly out. They are by now so used to claustrophobic conditions, they've forgotten there's a whole world of space out there. While I'm thinking, 'Could there be a spark of love there?', Preeti comes by and encourages 1 bird to escape...still no reaction. Finally, there's loud squawking in the cage...monologue from 1 bird. Other bird is now pressed up against the bars, as far back as he can get away from her. Then of course there's Sylvester the cat who likes to torture the two tweeties.

Very nice. Funny. 
apkavishwa thumbnail
nice one Avidfan... you are bang on... he is doing the same...
Juna04 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey Friends

I enjoyed reading all your posts...

Just one thing I watched this epi 3 times esp the last scene of Suraj and Sandhya when Sandhya asks him if he will have chai and nashta and Suraj addresses Sandy as Sandhya and not Sandhyaji...

Was it a slip up in the dialog or was it something that was part of the script and Suraj has started addressing her as Sandhya???