Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: S003

I can't take the oscillating between juvenile and ridiculous plots and well done comedy or drama. I CAN'T!!!!

To me a few good scenes hidden in rubbish makes me wanna to throw the entire package out.

Let me start with the ridiculous plot:

Really how did the lady with the financial problems single out Payal as the competition winner. It would have been more realistic if they locked Payal up in a room, more realistic not less juvenile.

Khushi's actions:

It has been shown that Payal knows when Khushi is troubled. However they don't talk to one another, they don't talk to their parents, yet they have this incredible bond. REALLY!!! Do the CV's understand the meaning of bonding????

Khushi is supposed to be the girl every girl wants to be. REALLY!!!

At this point I think she is just disrespectful. PERIOD!!! When you do something like refuse an award that your family wants you to accept because you did well. You lie to them??? Is this the same girl who kneels down to ask forgiveness at HOLI??? They don't deserve the truth??? This self sacrificing act really would suit other SP serials not this one.

Here is Khushi's excuse for not talking to others about her situation:

Her Sister because apparently she is too fragile and can't handle things yet her sister handled with quiet grace her wedding being broken and stood by you when everyone blamed you.

Her Buaji who is strong willed and immediately wanted to rectify the situation on the day of the engagement itself by telling naniji because of her headaches???
Her dad is unwell so its understandable but her mom??? just depends on her Bua.
Understandably she cannot say anything to Anjali because of her fragile state and Arnav because she just doesn't trust him anymore. But why won't she confide with her own family. After the precap I am just flummoxed

What is really annoying me about her though is that after the terrace scene she thinks to herself, she reached out to Arnav but then got news of Anjali's pregnancy and thought to herself  may be the baby will change Shyam. Now she knows for a fact that hasn't. He is a creep Anjali deserves the truth, maybe she cannot handle it now but why can't nani? Or Arnav? Yes initially she didn't want to tell Arnav, but she had decided it was time for him to know after the terrace, isn't the same thing happing again shouldn't she be making her way over to him to tell him listen I know you hate me but you have to know this???? Isn't Anjali happiness still at stake??? What is it going to take Shyam forcing himself on her???
Sorry but for a feisty girl like Khushi who gets quote " darr ti hai par Karti hai" is just out of character she need advice from elders on how to handle this situation.Independent doesn't only mean doing things by yourself it also means knowing when to bend and ask for help. I guess ASR and Khushi are made from the same cloth but Khushi is supposed to be more level headed is she not???

I don't know why the Gupta's have not been shown once since Holi, they do know that Shyam is in the house with Khushi and after Holi I would be damned concerned about my child if she was in that situation.  Yet that is not shown once.Let's just say it's time for her to confide in someone. Anyone!!! Not Laxmi!!!or even DM because right now she needs advice on how to handle the situation.

I was glad Shyam is back in the picture but then again his characterization is off. He is supposed to be manipulative. He spent months making his move on Khushi, when he saw it disintegrating in front of his eyes he moved quickly and stealthy and  got her father out of the way, he even got everyone to believe that her father wanted them engaged. And suddenly, he is just acting rather than carefully planning. We saw that he was planning to make Arnav think that he has moved on and is concentrating on RS happiness. But again we see him trying to make Arnav jealous. What the hell. This makes no sense. But atleast the story will more forward.

And finally, instead of showing us terrible supporting acts could they not have show the cast talking about the acts in the show but only highlight Mami and Payal, Khushi and Arnav. I mean I have to ask WHY, why were we put through this torture.

As usual Tant your  review highlight the very good parts in an episode I had written off because there was just so much of rubbish in there for me to sieve through to the point.
I did like the Payal Arnav scene. I actually really liked Mami scene as well. Her dreams came crashing down and she has no one to blame but Payal. Loved Akash's reaction when Mami feel. lol.

But the so called writing of this show, Barun exclaming how tight it is, is going to hell. They really need to pull up their socks or else IPL is going to kick them out of the top 30!!!

I'm sorry but so dissappointed with today's episode.

You said what I have wanted to say but in much better way. πŸ‘
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Oops double post πŸ˜³ internet glitch. 
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aeryn

Tanthya nice post.

I have to thank you because you helped me see that we did have some progress in the Arnav-Khushi equation. Everything else was such crap that I wasn't able to pay attention to it...to be honest I am still fuming. This episode left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Aeryn, I understand the frustration😊

I hope you all won't mind but I need to vent.

By all means Vent..Thats the reason this thread has been created..

Things I found ridiculous:

- The reason for which Payal didn't do her part. That was so not an excuse.
Payal knew what the dress competition meant to her mother in law. Mami still 'suffering' from her past experience in the very same competition had absolutely no interest in participating again, Payal was the one adamant on doing it. I won't blame Mami for being maha pissed with her.
I thought Payal was a sensible girl...CVs please enlighten me - is Payal a seer that she knew the Bina/Aparna duo would win if her and Mami desist?
And Khushi going along with it Are we suppose to think of the sisters as mahan devis now? Because the only word that comes to my mind when thinking of the sisters in this particular situation is DUMB...

Absly !!

- Khushi calling her husband a dokhebaaz and stressing her desire to not share an award with him in front of the judges. CVs I know why you did it but it was a very bad and illogical set up to the Arnav-Khushi confrontation...She was calm and collected, if she wanted to refuse only to make another pair win what was the need to say all this πŸ˜•...didn't match the situation at all...

Second that was quie an unkhushi word to use  esp when she was calm, rational and oblivious that her hubby was behind her ... I would have understood had she done this to goad Arnav..

- Anjali sending Khushi along with Shyam for medicines. Why couldn't they take one car and go back home where her medicine was, the competition was finished nah? She didn't want anyone to know? But they were bound to, no? Do you mean to say that no member of the family will enquire where some of them suddenly disappear when they were just waiting for the result and there was no particular need for them to stay backstage? Ok forget all that but Khushi could have easily escape this whole ordeal...she could have insisted on staying with Anjali as she was unwell and told Shyam the direction!!!

- Khushi leaving her handkerchief on the counter. Was it so heavy that she absolutely needed to put it down?!!! Again bad set up CVs...

- The precap. The Misunderstanding the reedition...ermm...there's better be a twist or actually makes things progress this time around otherwise I'm not interested...

Aeryn, You really need to vent out regularly !!

Few things that I liked:

- The Payal-Arnav bonding. Loved how you described it Tanths. The little thing that I found weird was the comforting hand Arnav put on Payal's back. Their relationship is not that comfortable yet that there would be such open gestures...even more so for a guy like Arnav...

I agree with you on the hand part, Aeryn... Arnav is not the demonstrative kind and to see him patting Payal was very surprising,,

- Shyam grabbing an opportunity as soon as it presented itself...The cooking up a false excuse on the spot to grant himself a time with Khushi and the passing of innuendos were nice to watch...it gave us the feeling that Shyam is back on track...
πŸ˜ƒ

In blue..πŸ˜ƒ
Arhimaniac thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Supna9

no i m in karachi Pakistan.

oh so you meant afternoon...mere pass its almost 12 noon so your time must be 4...
abhi tak lunch nahin khaya...??

Is your real name Supna or you are inspired by the Sitara supna lawn πŸ˜‰
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: areeba_blossom

Not an all brilliant episode but i have always said that IPK's fillers have some kind of hint. A writer doesn't write just like that, there has to be some sort of layering and that IPK rules in doing!

A lovely analysis! 

Areeba,

If we take that view, Then I would say ...all shows will have that layers..some more than the others..What IP has is depth in  its multiple layers which is missing nowadays ..

Thanks. Hun πŸ˜ƒ
Supna9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
No its nt my real name its my cousin nick name she lives in UK. Yaar yeah afternoon here garmi me khaney ko g nhi chahta. N i m nt inspired ss lawn but i love to see dreams but live in reality.
tanthya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Poche

Hi there, this looks like the place to air views. It is really intetesting to read the various interpretations done by members on this thread. I have been reading for the past week this thread and some of the posts to try and make sense of the episodes. One thing I fail to understand and i was hoping one of you could decode that for me, is why do they not show Khushi confiding in someone about Shyam's advances? Not even Payal? Imo the creative team have been showing a couple of things which quite frankly weakens their plot more than anything, i have been unable to understand this aspect.

Her position as Mahan Devi will get  compromised ,,,,πŸ˜ƒ

Seriously speaking once the secret gets out then the plot has to advance  rapidly and the Cv's are currently building up Shyam so they will not do anything like that to rock the plot..
Arhimaniac thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Supna9

No its nt my real name its my cousin nick name she lives in UK. Yaar yeah afternoon here garmi me khaney ko g nhi chahta. N i m nt inspired ss lawn but i love to see dreams but live in reality.

We all like to live in dreams...πŸ˜† so whats your name??

I am from khi, Pak too but now in UK...
Supna9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arhimaniac

We all like to live in dreams...πŸ˜†so whats your name??

I am from khi, Pak too but now in UK...

its glad to knw u r my humwatan humshehri.
paru_rox thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Hey Saths & Doods  ... Big hugs to you for a awesome analysis πŸ€—πŸ€—

Today I saw a small spark of continuity in the episodes which has been missing lately ... The first few minutes maintained the comic lines which even though horrendous, did however complete the fancy dress competition fiasco & brought it to an end. I liked the Mami-Payal equations which when just about to change into acceptance from Mami was pulled back and now we have further colors to be shown in this relationship.

Finally I felt that the story has decided to commence from its last serious point which were the various hints to Khushi about the MU. Shyam decided to grace us with the fact that he is still the villain of the story -- never thought that Shyam's villainous acts would actually make me heave a sigh of relief. Now all I am hoping for is that the CV's have finally woken up with a clear head and this does not turn out to be a short break in their nap time .

Doods -- I love watching House too πŸ˜ƒ ... Hugh Laurie is an amazing actor ... I love how he portrays the complicated character of Dr.House.