Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Addie07 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
whether her friend is successful in making her give us a public apology or not, i dont care.. i just dont want her to write anymore even though her friends believe that what she is writing now is original... I will just say is her so called "original" work is also copied and the source is not found. 

I dont want her to start writing,... original or otherwise... cz i will never believe that its original.. not in this life!!!
Edited by Lyraa99 - 12 years ago
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Nmyra

</div><div>
Hey hey hold up...no mockery is being made hun, these people are just venting out exactly what about this particular brand of theft is getting to them, maybe it's a little OTT but it's not a mockery.

And i take responsibility for the scraps, i asked to know what was being said. Sorry.😊

Hey Nymra.

I have commented on this thread a lot of times but over the last night the issue seems to have digressed and taken up a strange colour. I am by no means trying to shield her and other such people but this thread was to make a strong point without going ballistic and extremely mob mental-ish.

Somewhere along the venting off anger thing, the post is losing its meaning and strong character as being against all such activities and not just one person.

And about the scraps, everyone who has posted them - please edit your posts.
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Where is the damn moderator??? 

I am sorry post maker, I don't know you personally, but I believe that this post must be reported and then action must be taken regarding the plagiarism. 

please post links to the two stories. that is the right way to present your claim that she is copying from another. members please do not sit in your seats with your comps in the luxury of your homes and crucify someone like this. be more civil.
-_-harsh42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: AngelTeen

Hey Nymra.

I have commented on this thread a lot of times but over the last night the issue seems to have digressed and taken up a strange colour. I am by no means trying to shield her and other such people but this thread was to make a strong point without going ballistic and extremely mob mental-ish.

Somewhere along the venting off anger thing, the post is losing its meaning and strong character as being against all such activities and not just one person.

And about the scraps, everyone who has posted them - please edit your posts.

Exactly ladies!! Rae is right!!

Please take off the names And scraps that you posted...

Sent a pm to Nabila too... :-/
karisma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: columbia

WOW!! this thread went from a meaningful discussion on plagiarists and writers copying to complete crucification of one member, i understand that she may be guilty but please this mob attitude is wrong. please stop targeting and treating one member like this. it is cruel.

and i am shocked where are the moderators of this forum? sleeping?? do they manage this forum at all?

i am very sorry that you are SHOCKED. i hope you are equally SHOCKED by the magnitude of what has been done. 

i understand some names have been cited-inadvertently(girls pls edit the relevant post as per.) In any case, that is a pseudo. No legal names cited.

It is cruel? Cruelty is not our motive here. Please refer to the very first post in this thread.

Illegallity is an even bigger issue. I hope an unbiased balancing exercise makes it clear to you.

Mob attitude? Mob? Really?? The posts throughout this thread are addressed to alleged writerS making repeated abuse of somebody's original piece of work. Excuse? Ignorance. Doesn't stand. 

There is no "may" be guilty here. Kindly cross-check.

The moderators are not sleeping.Thanks to some research done and backed with the relevant links, one such plagiarised work was closed just a few minutes ago.

I am not personally bashing you.Not interested. Just making it clear that this is not a "mob" at work. 

Girls, pls edit.🤗 This thread is important. 

Thank you.

Karishma.
-_-harsh42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

<font size="4" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where is the damn moderator???</font>

<font size="4" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am sorry post maker, I don't know you personally, but I believe that this post must be reported and then action must be taken regarding the plagiarism.</font>

<font size="4" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">please post links to the two stories. that is the right way to present your claim that she is copying from another. members please do not sit in your seats with your comps in the luxury of your homes and crucify someone like this. be more civil.</font>

Woah!! Hold up!!
You cannot make a comment like that, hun... Like you said it yourself, you don't know me...

I am not comfortable with all this too, and I've asked people to stop doing it...

AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

<font size="4" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where is the damn moderator???</font>

<font size="4" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am sorry post maker, I don't know you personally, but I believe that this post must be reported and then action must be taken regarding the plagiarism.</font>

<font size="4" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">please post links to the two stories. that is the right way to present your claim that she is copying from another. members please do not sit in your seats with your comps in the luxury of your homes and crucify someone like this. be more civil.</font>

Hi. If you follow this thread from the beginning you will se that the TM has mentioned time and time again that this post isn't about a specific person or case but rather about the issue of plagiarising as a whole.

However various members here have knowingly and unknowingly digressed the issue and made it personal and the TM and some members are trying to control and rectify the situation.
haminasto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -_-harsh42

Exactly ladies!! Rae is right!!

Please take off the names And scraps that you posted...

Sent a pm to Nabila too... :-/

my names been taken...i feel bashed...
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you for responding to my post - all those who have. 

Having 10 pages on discussing the issue of copying . who did it and what action must be taken etc, is one thing and then 60 pages on vilifying the member is another. please understand the difference between the two.

there are mods for a reason so that at page 20 itself, when things went out of hand in a thread which naturally will becos each of us has no control over the other, the mod must step in. which has not happened here. and that is what i mean.

thanks again for responding, as you all know unless you belong to a clique or PM like crazy, one's posts get lost in oblivion here , but that is a discussion for another thread. ðŸ˜‰

have a happy easter weekend all.

Edited by columbia - 12 years ago
arisai thumbnail

Where is the damn moderator??? 

I am sorry post maker, I don't know you personally, but I believe that this post must be reported and then action must be taken regarding the plagiarism. 

please post links to the two stories. that is the right way to present your claim that she is copying from another. members please do not sit in your seats with your comps in the luxury of your homes and crucify someone like this. be more civil.

I'm going to go ahead and assume from your post that you yourself aren't a writer... 

For those of us who are, plagiarism is an issue pretty close to our hearts whether because we're victims of it ourselves (I am in this category) or because we can't even imagine how much it would hurt if somebody were to steal the work we put so much time and effort and energy into. 

Although the last few pages have descended into a criticism of one member in particular, the person being mentioned is a repeat and unapologetic offender. It's only natural that there would be communal indignation at her appalling behaviour. 

I personally think that a name and shame method is the best way to handle plagiarisers although the bashing is getting a little extreme. Posting personal conversations is OTT but personally, knowing firsthand what it feels like to be plagiarised, I haven't got so much as a SHRED of sympathy for the girl and hope this outcry is enough to stop her. 

The problem is though, people that stupid and unoriginal and just plain MEAN rarely learn and NEVER change. 
Edited by arisai - 12 years ago