Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
I think the saddest part of this entire situation is how they think they'll get away with it. I don't even understand HOW they can possibly think that, but apparently they do.

And this applies across the board, to any individual who plagiarizes. Do they really think it's impossible to get caught? We do have something called Google too, in addition to what Zara mentioned with plagiarismchecker.com

Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Nmyra

What?? When??
oh god that is such BS...i've written mature content, and i'm Muslim and from a predominantly Muslim nation.
Plus i don't steal, i dnt even think i can count how many hadith's there are against lies and stealing. Muslim eh? Kinda like Laden's Jihad.

completely agree. Stealing is a big thing and for a muslim to steal it is a sin! If shes going that way
Pissa99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Talk about plagarising stuff, in uni you can be even expelled for not citing the proper way using different styles, but still giving credit to it. (say Harvard , Vancouver etc.). Just imagine, not giving full credit at all. In uni, we even have plagarising softwares where every single assignment should be subjected to.

Edited by Pissa99 - 12 years ago
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Pissa99

Talk about plagarising stuff, in uni you can be even expelled for not citing the proper way using different styles, but still giving credit to it. (say Harvard , Vancouver etc.). Just imagine, not giving full credit at all. In uni, we even have plagarising softwares where every single assignment should be subjected to.

God save this kid when she enters uni!! No one will be there to save her if she's in the verge of getting expelled..

Yeah, I don't know of a single university here in the US which lets you stay even after you plagiarized. Sometimes people do it unintentionally, where they don't even copy anything word for word, but like an idea, and don't cite, and that can be hell for them. It's not worth it. They end up ruining their own lives in the process.

Yeah, the software. We used to have to submit LAB reports in high school, and even now on occasion, through software to make sure we didn't copy from anywhere. There are times when I feel like IF should implement that too 😆
AajKuchMatBolna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Nmyra

whoa whoa whoa

I Have a 101 ways to go what the and that sounds awfully similar does anyone have a link please??

It's not a 101 ways, I couldn't remember the name at the time.

It is 10 Ways to annoy Mr. Raizada
here's the link: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2901726&TPN=16
Hopefully at least one thing of her's is original!

Addie07 thumbnail
Guys plagiarism checker checks it in google.. it is still not foolproof,,, ok sometimes i have to listen to recorded lectures... If i miss what the a line sir has been dictating, i google it and most of the times find it and sometimes even though it is available online i cant find it... 
here we have managed to find most of the stuff... however the ones we havent found, we cant say its original.. YES M TALKING ABT SECRETS IN THE ELEVATOR... We just have to find the source and even without the source i can tell that its not written by nanna... She is addicted to copying and she pastes stuff 4m different FF sites which are hard to trace
purplekid thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -Chinnu-

completely agree. Stealing is a big thing and for a muslim to steal it is a sin! If shes going that

Well, because I love and really really adore Harshu as a writer, I edited :)Edited by purplekid - 12 years ago

Ended thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pissa99

God save this kid when she enters uni!! No one will be there to save her if she's in the verge of getting expelled..

yep totally agree. at uni theres a plagarism checker called Turn-it-in. it scans your work word for word to see if any of it is copied from another site or online document. in the seminar our teacher showed us how it works and i was like WOW! this this is really clever. 
Ended thumbnail
btw guys if you want a break from this rant, check out my recent post and comment with happy thoughts. :)
heres me going on a emotional rollarcoster.
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
They kick you out in Unis if you mess up citation! You hav to write freaking in text citation research papers, citing every dang sentence!! 

Forget uni, even in school! U get an F on ur paper if you dont site.

I dont know what world this chick is in but gosh im honestly not liking it!