Indignation of an alternate psyche - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by canuck-umz

I will tell you what the reason is. There are many members who are 15 years old or younger as in teeny boppers (I believe that is against IF rules because I think you have to be 16+ to join uh oh!) due to this many ff writers don't have much creative liberty (their work is also plagiarized) and these kids think Indian serials are real so they take them way too seriously to the point that they would kill anyone who criticizes their favourite character (even if it's criticism without bashing or abuse). Members also think that their character or couple is the best and if someone else has a different opinion then they are wrong and should be burned at the stake! Their lives revolve around their favourite tv show characters and the actors playing them that these people start worshiping them. This is what our beautiful world is coming too, I feel sorry for this planet to the point where I want to cry about the sorry state the human race has come to or maybe just IF 😛

It better be only IF! Screw it, it's already 2012 we have nothing to loose. lol
Also well said!
Doc!!!! thank-you! I agree that the post you guys are referring to was originally fine but later on I did notice that there was provocation for no reason at all, people found a post that was using constructive criticism and used it to turn into a bash whoever they can thread. Most of it was fine but there were some random people there who made some uncalled for comments.

Btw what do you mean we got nothing to lose? Why not work together towards making the world a better place? Lol and I know you were joking there, 2012 and all le sigh

Doc why you not in the AT thread? I haven't seen any other topics of interest to comment upon but I did post my views in the AT thread about today's episode.
Edited by canuck-umz - 12 years ago
Originally posted by canuck-umz

Doc!!!! thank-you! I agree that the post you guys are referring to was originally fine but later on I did notice that there was provocation for no reason at all, people found a post that was using constructive criticism and used it to turn into a bash whoever they can thread. Most of it was fine but there were some random people there who made some uncalled for comments.

Btw what do you mean we got nothing to lose? Why not work together towards making the world a better place? It seems like you are a half glass full person madam. I am what people call a cynic lol. No all the jokes I believe in humanity but I also believe that humanity has great potential to disappoint. I think we just got too philosophical for the standard of this show.

Doc why you not in the AT thread? I haven't seen any other topics of interest to comment upon but I did post my views in the AT thread about today's episode. I just logged in, and I am trying to go through the AT to respond also I just finished watching the episode. It was supposed to be my treat after I finish studying and it tuned out to be a tasteless treat! I will comment on the AT regarding my frustration lol
Originally posted by Eyes-Wide-Shut

Actually yes I am generally a half glass full person and I know from your comments you are a cynic but I loveee your comments they always give me a good laugh plus I think conversing with you on anything would be fun, we can probably work up debates! Dude we just got too philosophical for all of IF lol and we are off on a tangent once again. It's okay though because this is Sonali's topic and her topics always end up like this, philosophical and all. Only place apart from our own threads where we can be normal.

Btw. if you read my response on the last page of the AT thread you will notice that I found the episode to be bland too.
Edited by canuck-umz - 12 years ago
Sonali: Apologies for going on a tangent, Umz tells me you won't mind! lol
Umz: I think we should have a mutual admiration society lol. I don't think  anyone has said they like talking to me as much as you! All jokes apart I like conversing with you as well! And thank you very much for appreciating my quirky sense of 'humor'. 🤡

Originally posted by sonali.19281

the whole pretext of this lets get Virat Married is a point of ridicule.. coz apparently that is supposed to make him responsible, accountable and thinking of a career.. wow.. the guy needs to do that before is what one would think.. so while the basic premise is FLAWED from the Wadera unit.. I dont see why they presume the high chair of objective judgement here..

In a family of lawyers and judges.. logic takes a back seat.. conveniently fingers are pointed at outsiders than seeing what's amiss within.. 

I liked your post... esp regarding the reason to get virat married. i have come across similar story lines in a few serials where the boys families assume that the boy will become responsible after marriage. Ironically such things are not tolerated in the case of a girl. Remember Swamini Bua's lecture after maanvi explains her ambition in life? But then I guess, indian society was always a hypocrite about such things. 
As for the Maya track, I felt that the track wasnt handled properly. The beginning to end was unconvincing. At times I felt as though her track was introduced just to fast forward the Virman track. So there were bound to be flaws in the picturisation of the other characters as well. I also felt it very odd that their engagement was fixed but there is no sign of the girl's family. But what is the use of introducing new people when there will be no follow through on that track! ðŸ˜†
The script could use improvements. Although we all blame EK serials, we must agree that all her characters whether good or bad stay true to their character and the story line is as natural as can be for a serial. Guess that is a quality that comes with experience. ðŸ˜Š Perhaps this one will also improve with time... 
eyeswideshut and canuckumz: no fuss.. considering we dont have that many threads for our sensibilities I take no offense to sharing convictions.. speaking of which EWS m cynical too.. pleasantly surprised by selfless goodness in people and expect some contrived motive in loads too.. in general people here around me now are better about respecting space individuality and contrasting convictions...

the moral of the story is wisdom seldom screams and ignorance doesnt know better.. thats what's going on in the forum.. its a vicious cycle.. if there was quality in the show it would attract sensibility.. i was part of a forum that's clearly remains my fave.. NICHE AUDIENCE and what intellectually stimulating discussions and debates.. all of us were equally articulate in putting our points across.. had endless debates but everyone respected each other's conviction..

YES a forum like that existed..

as for my topic.. dont worry.. I never give any room for mindless replies.. and been on IF long enough for people to know what they are asking for if they trespass.. 
arey yaar the posts are quite lamba yaar...😆
RES for now!!
Originally posted by sonali.19281

eyeswideshut and canuckumz: no fuss.. considering we dont have that many threads for our sensibilities I take no offense to sharing convictions.. speaking of which EWS m cynical too.. pleasantly surprised by selfless goodness in people and expect some contrived motive in loads too.. in general people here around me now are better about respecting space individuality and contrasting convictions...

the moral of the story is wisdom seldom screams and ignorance doesnt know better.. thats what's going on in the forum.. its a vicious cycle.. if there was quality in the show it would attract sensibility.. i was part of a forum that's clearly remains my fave.. NICHE AUDIENCE and what intellectually stimulating discussions and debates.. all of us were equally articulate in putting our points across.. had endless debates but everyone respected each other's conviction..

YES a forum like that existed..

as for my topic.. don't worry.. I never give any room for mindless replies.. and been on IF long enough for people to know what they are asking for if they trespass.. 

Hey Sonali,
Thanks for letting us vent here and going off topic while doing so. You know what I believe, that cynics save the world from heightened expectations and people's inability to live up to the said expectations. You describe a forum that sounds too good to be true! Please share this secret forum with yours truly.