Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

India-Forums

Indignation of an alternate psyche (Page 2)

..Jessie.. IF-Dazzler
..Jessie..
..Jessie..

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali.19281

Writing after a long time.. for those who remember any of my posts would also remember that objectivity is entertained in them and subjective viewpoints ignored.. I have to make this disclaimer loud and clear coz I am about to make a  statement that will be extremely unpopular as its in view of one of the cameo characters rather than the main leads.. and especially coz the character is a sore thorn.. but my post is not about VM love story or Maya as a person.. etc.. 

I have been watching the epis a little more regularly over the last 2 weeks and feel there is hope for the old EHM holistic endearment and layering that I personally loved.. where the focus wasn't on one or the other aspect but a ton of parallel interwoven tracks went side by side.. and I am going to try and open a debate on one such perception today.. 

Leaving aside how Maya is as a person- mean, rude manipulative etc.. Just looking at the scene where she sat amidst her prospective in laws representing HERSELF.. sans any family.. that whole scene looked awkward.. let me break it down.. everyone's body language as usual was stiff with the patriarch back.. IMO it was rather inappropriate of Dadaji to ask Maya the same question he asked Jeevika IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FAMILY.. where was the personal discretion he maintained with Jeevika while he asked her this question. In public view normally a person gets on the defensive (I know most of us take pleasure in seeing an unpopular character being cornered..but that doesnt say great things about the esteemed Judge) fine I let that go..

secondly.. what Maya did answer .. wasn't diplomatic in fact was rather honest.. she was non-committal to either just coz she believed priorities are meant to change.. and heck a lot of us view life in the fast changing world the same way.. what I am fighting for today may not be of prime importance to me tomorrow.. it was sensible.. if there was ever a contention between her husband and her family which included her own children she may have to evaluate her priorities.. if anything I was content with her answer.. there was hardly any pretense.. of trying to impress the man.. she spoke her mind.. 

WHILE it may not have suited the judge.. he again fell from grace by publicly asking Virat a personal question in front of the whole family.. since when are the waderas so open about discussing emotions and feelings in front of the other family members.. its another thing that Virat is in a perpetual haze of misplaced emotions.. but if I may suggest Viren's proxying was a little out of line.. but then again Viren was trying to consciously drive a point there.. and Dadaji caught on to it.. 

ALL good.. but in the midst of it.. here is a GUEST.. a LONE OUTSIDER.. who is representing herself and her convictions.. least social dignity prevails in making it less awkward for that person.. could this whole exchange not have happened between the waderas only.. like it progressed later between Swamini and DJ.. In spite of having complete apathy for Maya the character.. at the end of the scene I was inclined to feel bad and if I may add as insulted as Maya did for A WOMAN.. to have to sit through that.. for a patriarch to politely disregard her individuality.. and walk off.. in his exchange with Swamini- he made it clear that he was looking for the same KIND as Jeevika.. fair enough he can't handle the alternative conviction in a family member.. but isnt that something they should take up with their own family aka Virat.. its only after his and Swamini's so-called approval that the girl was there.. 

In all this surprisingly Jeevika is coming across as relatively sorted in her point.. she knows nothing much about Maya.. only knows Virat okayed her for some reason.. and she is willing to see why.. before being judgmental. Viren obviously is worried for his sibling and can see through his misplaced emotions.. but having said that.. its funny that his lil irk is constantly looking for reassurance whether its dadaji or Jeevika.. goes to say he himself isnt certain. Jeevika knows one thing.. Manu doesnt love Virat.. and she is following up on that.. n as her maternal instinct goes.. Manu is a kid who in Jeevika's mind isnt ready for domesticity yet.. 

I digress but the point of this whole winding post was againnn the makers try to show that an alternate perspective and conviction is only suitable to be an object of disregard.. I sincerely wanted to ask Judge Wadera amidst his lil dilemma that the fact that he has no faith in his grandchild's decision goes to say there lies the problem.. NOT with the girl's conviction.. and the whole pretext of this lets get Virat Married is a point of ridicule.. coz apparently that is supposed to make him responsible, accountable and thinking of a career.. wow.. the guy needs to do that before is what one would think.. so while the basic premise is FLAWED from the Wadera unit.. I dont see why they presume the high chair of objective judgement here..

In a family of lawyers and judges.. logic takes a back seat.. conveniently fingers are pointed at outsiders than seeing what's amiss within.. LOL

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by canuck-umz

good to see you reply too..LOL Definitely remember you from the old times when we had holistic discussions and not segmented ones.. irrespective of who or what SHIPPERS we wereLOL I do partly blame the makers for the segmentation...  Aww you remember me yay! Those were the good ol' days, I guess it's because of all the shipping that you disappeared but we need you and I myself am trying to create discussions threads here.

Totally agree on that.. esp d free movement bit.. I wrote one long feedback to the CVs about the inconsistencies of the characters like Beeji.. behaving like a hose pipe etc.. and all it took for me was a real Dabbu Mannu scene once she was back to see glimpses of that old EHM.. characters like badi beeji dabba are not in prime focus.. but they are such an integral and important part that you dont show them u risk the flow and essence.. Omigosh I love the dabbu/Manvi scenes, they are so nostalgic for me because I remember the EHMMBH from the earlier days when I see these 2 interact. Those 2 times in recent episodes where he just grabbed Mannu and hugged her all of a sudden...man those had a big impact on me. I soo wanted to cry. We need all these characters and they should not be sidelined. Like you gave the example of badi beeji, she is essential. She brings her daughter in law: beeji back down the things beeji doesn't understand, badi beeji is able to get through her head love their saas bahu relationship too lol

exactly.. at the end of it.. i was left wondering.. by what angle did MAYA look bad here.. from where I see Judge Wadera was out of line there.. socially so much so that Inder had to JUSTIFY his stance as may be he was stressed out.. in tht flickering min you could see Inder saw the same cornering and awkwardness that he had to be subjected to time and again.. so on the outset it looks like there has been changes but not intrinsically.. before it was inder now its someone else.. periodLOL Yes during that whole meeting, I found Inder's expressions to be the most interesting to the point where I started dissecting his emotions there. I see what you are talking about that it was Maya in place of Inder.

yup have to give it to them.. but then again Swamini is too supportive of her own judgements.. so she will try to rationalize it.. esp the whole different upbringing and individual convictions she debated for- i was a little pleasantly surprised...LOL but then again this is a sophisticated social bee of a girl she is defending.. so she can take liberties from her stringency in convictions..  Swamini defending "Virat's choice" was surprising. I want to know since when did Swamini care about Virat so much? Virat was never a priority for her it was always Viren, Virat was the outcast like Inder.  Swamini, I expected better from you, better in the sense that I expect you to be true but then again you are being true to your choice and no one else's hmm...

2 things.. Viren is obv looked up for in terms of judgements.. and Swamini chose for him.. DJ approved Jeevika.. so there never was contention.. when there was he left it to Swamini to decide.. the whole WHY DO YOU LIKE HER came as a childish resentment in my mind.. like smirking at Virat " so the rebelious streak is a winner for ya lil boy.. i CAN SEE THAT.. considering you are a maverick too" was more like the tone Haha I agree completely was this a nod to Virat's rebellious nature that here you go we will let you speak and decide or was dadaji just trying to find a reason like Maya by asking Virat that question?

As of now I cant make the complete statement of her protectiveness coming in.. esp after she was assured that Manvi doesn't feel that way for Virat.. but yes.. its not as easy as it sounds for Jeevika.. Manu has walked the tight rope with this family.. even in the latest changes Jeevika is wary of the alliance.. before when Viren generically brought up Manu's marriage she didnt resent as much as now.. so there r defo more than one thing playing in her mind.. tht manu may not be able to adjust to the settings here.. frictions may crop up etc.. but all these r secondary.. as first Virat has approved Maya and so has Swamini.. so Jeevika has nothing to contest.. n she asks Viren r u certain.. or have some proof to your irk... she is basically not judging a person without solid reasons.. n i can totally see that.. its like being unfair to a 3rd person and his own brother coz in Viren's mind VM is a better option- is Jeevika's take as of now. Like you said, there appear to be many reasons as  to why Jeevika may not be agreeing to Virman falling in love and many factors may be influencing that such as her possessiveness and like you said the responsibilities that come with being a Vadhera bahu. Of course she is just trying to defend her devar's choice

exactly.. they r consistent in being subjective at least.. but skirting the real issue isnt gonna help matters.. once Manvi unwittingly brought forth the whole Inder issue.. again Manvi is indirectly bringing up the Virat angle.. as of now I see it as individual void in Virat.. that he has to address with or without Manvi.. major loopholes there.. did he really love music.. to give up for Maya.. n if he has sorta accepted Maya.. then he needs to have tht dialog with himself- is he peaceful.. wat about his other love MUSIC.. what about HIS FUTURE.. CAREER.. the makers actually make it look like love is the only thing that drives a personLOL again couldnt help agree with Maya's cynicism there.. what is with the constant LOVE DEBATE.. wat about the practical things in life.. do they hold NO WATER.. yest when she gifted him an office bag.. it cld have been well intended.. to see him THINK of his future..  n get motivated.. but the msg was lost in Viren's smirk of DO YOU KNOW MY BRO OR WAT.. hullo being wasted in life shouldnt be acceptable statement right? I do want to see the cvs focus more on Virat's feelings like they used to earlier on. I still want to see more conflict between Virat and dadaji but I guess Manvi took care of that by getting Virat to go to the office and suggesting they marry him off even though she did it as revenge to Virat dadaji really considered it. Lol I saw nothing wrong with the office bag gift but I guess Viren just needed more reasons to not accept Maya and that's how he justified his stance.

I rest my case

My reply is in red this time

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sonali.19281

sonali.19281 IF-Sizzlerz
sonali.19281
sonali.19281

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Amit.. LOL m kinda drowsy and incoherent.. will address couple of yer questions and doubts..

Well Viren was being sarcastic.. the thing is he asked Virat the same thing yest.. and Virat went on a tangent imagining Manvi and sayin them wrt maya.. Viren today mockingly repeated it in front of everyone for Virat's benefit.. coz most ppl wld catch the simple corelation to manvi.. and those connotations.. Dadaji said it loud.. there is no doubt in viren's mind maya isnt like that.. he just wanted Virat to HEAR IT.. loud and clear that all he said he likes in the girl is MANVI not maya.. he was basically giving an orientation to the misplaced emotions of virat n in some ways he is being assertive coz he can see thro Virat's feelings.. doesnt take rocket science reallyLOL but my point is.. in the bargain Viren was totally unfair to maya.. well no matter how she is.. she hasn't done anything to him or his family to be made to sit in that spot.. Viren has never been shown to be casual towards any body's feelings and has been the most objective person.. he is in full rights to think Manvi is a better match.. but why at the cost of judging another person and being unreasonable to her.. like jeevika asked what proof.. a hotel bil.. isnt he the same guy who gulped down the unsavory kheer his wife dished out the first day to save face.. isnt he the same guy who gets pizza for his bro when he is made to skip meals.. so lets not conveniently use self righteousness .. viren aint no clean slate either..LOLand thats what makes him real.. yes he has an annoying irk.. true but he was clearly snarky.. i wld take offense in maya's place if i was suddenly compared to some other person.. anyone at all..n given a certification on tht aspect..

secondly i find dadaji's question itself flawed.. he asked jeevika to pick between love n honor/ duty.. even back then i thought why do they hav to be exclusive.. on most ocassions they r inclusive.. in rare cases when they r not.. u can stand and make tall claims of bending for honor but it takes spine to do that.. when time comes we'll see what honor Jeevika stands for.. LOL she had a hard time living thro telling manu to leave the house itself.. the acid test is yet to come.. thats my irk.. why believe ppl who make tall claims over people who are starkly honest n reasonable but may not sound politically correct.. doest the latter person get a benefit also.. 

if anything maya was dang clear.. and honest.. n very reasonable.. in her ans.. heck who knows wat happens n what you have to choose.. only time can tell how u react.. if we knew all our reactions.. things would be so much easier.. in today's time divorces are increasing.. people cheatin on their partners is more frequent.. how can you take a stand for someone else.. JV was a totally diff scenario.. they discovered each other thro the courtship n still are discovering each other.. the important thing here is there is an incentive.. they r both invested to some extent.. which is clearly lacking in Virat maya.. n that is what Viren is tryin to pick on.. but i dont concur on his method right now.. tomorrow when he finds out manvi has cancer.. lets see how he reacts and takes it.. 

its a good way of teaching people we can stand and make claims.. but LIFE and its unpredictability is far above our little hypothetical plans and agenda.. and one has to adjust to the best option once the situation presents itself.. thats realistic..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Amii90..Amri..

Simran234 Goldie
Simran234
Simran234

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Just like you said, even though I severely dislike Maya, I did think that it was very rude of Dadu to just walk out of the conversation. And as per the question he asked her, I think he wanted to see how much she is like Jeevika cause our dear Jeevi has won the hearts of the whole family :)

Simran :D...

canuck-umzsonali.19281

Amii90 IF-Dazzler
Amii90
Amii90

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged

Amit.. LOL m kinda drowsy and incoherent.. will address couple of yer questions and doubts..

Well Viren was being sarcastic.. the thing is he asked Virat the same thing yest.. and Virat went on a tangent imagining Manvi and sayin them wrt maya.. Viren today mockingly repeated it in front of everyone for Virat's benefit.. coz most ppl wld catch the simple corelation to manvi.. and those connotations.. Dadaji said it loud.. there is no doubt in viren's mind maya isnt like that.. he just wanted Virat to HEAR IT.. loud and clear that all he said he likes in the girl is MANVI not maya.. he was basically giving an orientation to the misplaced emotions of virat n in some ways he is being assertive coz he can see thro Virat's feelings.. doesnt take rocket science reallyLOL but my point is.. in the bargain Viren was totally unfair to maya.. well no matter how she is.. she hasn't done anything to him or his family to be made to sit in that spot.. Viren has never been shown to be casual towards any body's feelings and has been the most objective person.. he is in full rights to think Manvi is a better match.. but why at the cost of judging another person and being unreasonable to her.. like jeevika asked what proof.. a hotel bil.. isnt he the same guy who gulped down the unsavory kheer his wife dished out the first day to save face.. isnt he the same guy who gets pizza for his bro when he is made to skip meals.. so lets not conveniently use self righteousness .. viren aint no clean slate either..LOLand thats what makes him real.. yes he has an annoying irk.. true but he was clearly snarky.. i wld take offense in maya's place if i was suddenly compared to some other person.. anyone at all..n given a certification on tht aspect..

secondly i find dadaji's question itself flawed.. he asked jeevika to pick between love n honor/ duty.. even back then i thought why do they hav to be exclusive.. on most ocassions they r inclusive.. in rare cases when they r not.. u can stand and make tall claims of bending for honor but it takes spine to do that.. when time comes we'll see what honor Jeevika stands for.. LOL she had a hard time living thro telling manu to leave the house itself.. the acid test is yet to come.. thats my irk.. why believe ppl who make tall claims over people who are starkly honest n reasonable but may not sound politically correct.. doest the latter person get a benefit also.. 

if anything maya was dang clear.. and honest.. n very reasonable.. in her ans.. heck who knows wat happens n what you have to choose.. only time can tell how u react.. if we knew all our reactions.. things would be so much easier.. in today's time divorces are increasing.. people cheatin on their partners is more frequent.. how can you take a stand for someone else.. JV was a totally diff scenario.. they discovered each other thro the courtship n still are discovering each other.. the important thing here is there is an incentive.. they r both invested to some extent.. which is clearly lacking in Virat maya.. n that is what Viren is tryin to pick on.. but i dont concur on his method right now.. tomorrow when he finds out manvi has cancer.. lets see how he reacts and takes it.. 

its a good way of teaching people we can stand and make claims.. but LIFE and its unpredictability is far above our little hypothetical plans and agenda.. and one has to adjust to the best option once the situation presents itself.. thats realistic..

I am not even gonna bother arguing with that lol; u have raised valid points with grt evidence backing them up! Again we all see diff aspects of one and have wide spectrum of thoughts and I welcome that :) 

canuck-umz

leavesandwaves IF-Sizzlerz
leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 1:40am | IP Logged
After a long time a good discussion is taking place in this forum.

Amii90canuck-umz

cutyvirman IF-Sizzlerz
cutyvirman
cutyvirman

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
maya is not compatible for virat
all i can understand is this ...

sonali.19281

NabzKaJenDMG Goldie
NabzKaJenDMG
NabzKaJenDMG

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Brilliant Post SonaliClapSame Opinion Here,I Mean It Luked Like "Sach Ka Samna" Part 3LOLn I Dint Like d Way Dey Behaved With Maya,d Later Dint Force Herself On Virat,It Was Virat Who Accepted Her,n Sorry To Say(No Offence) Virat's Character Is Not At All Going Well Wit Me,Infact Not Only Me But With Many Oders(U Knw Whom I Em Talking About),Manvi's Reactions r Justified,But Virat's Feelings r Luking Too Random,I Mean Suddenly He Started Feeling,n Dat Too His Feelings Arent Doing Justice To His Dialogues,If U Notice d Way In d Last Part Yest,He Said Manvi Instead Of Maya Dat One Cud B Improvised By d CVs,Cudnt Feel d Actual Love At All,n Dis Type Of Stuffs r Already Shown In Many Serials,Nothing New Still It Cud Have Been Much Much Better,Manvi's Reactions r Much Real n Acceptable Here,Dunno What CVs r Doing With Virat's CharacterLOL

sonali.19281

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index