Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Indignation of an alternate psyche

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Writing after a long time.. for those who remember any of my posts would also remember that objectivity is entertained in them and subjective viewpoints ignored.. I have to make this disclaimer loud and clear coz I am about to make a  statement that will be extremely unpopular as its in view of one of the cameo characters rather than the main leads.. and especially coz the character is a sore thorn.. but my post is not about VM love story or Maya as a person.. etc.. 

I have been watching the epis a little more regularly over the last 2 weeks and feel there is hope for the old EHM holistic endearment and layering that I personally loved.. where the focus wasn't on one or the other aspect but a ton of parallel interwoven tracks went side by side.. and I am going to try and open a debate on one such perception today.. 

Leaving aside how Maya is as a person- mean, rude manipulative etc.. Just looking at the scene where she sat amidst her prospective in laws representing HERSELF.. sans any family.. that whole scene looked awkward.. let me break it down.. everyone's body language as usual was stiff with the patriarch back.. IMO it was rather inappropriate of Dadaji to ask Maya the same question he asked Jeevika IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FAMILY.. where was the personal discretion he maintained with Jeevika while he asked her this question. In public view normally a person gets on the defensive (I know most of us take pleasure in seeing an unpopular character being cornered..but that doesnt say great things about the esteemed Judge) fine I let that go..

secondly.. what Maya did answer .. wasn't diplomatic in fact was rather honest.. she was non-committal to either just coz she believed priorities are meant to change.. and heck a lot of us view life in the fast changing world the same way.. what I am fighting for today may not be of prime importance to me tomorrow.. it was sensible.. if there was ever a contention between her husband and her family which included her own children she may have to evaluate her priorities.. if anything I was content with her answer.. there was hardly any pretense.. of trying to impress the man.. she spoke her mind.. 

WHILE it may not have suited the judge.. he again fell from grace by publicly asking Virat a personal question in front of the whole family.. since when are the waderas so open about discussing emotions and feelings in front of the other family members.. its another thing that Virat is in a perpetual haze of misplaced emotions.. but if I may suggest Viren's proxying was a little out of line.. but then again Viren was trying to consciously drive a point there.. and Dadaji caught on to it.. 

ALL good.. but in the midst of it.. here is a GUEST.. a LONE OUTSIDER.. who is representing herself and her convictions.. least social dignity prevails in making it less awkward for that person.. could this whole exchange not have happened between the waderas only.. like it progressed later between Swamini and DJ.. In spite of having complete apathy for Maya the character.. at the end of the scene I was inclined to feel bad and if I may add as insulted as Maya did for A WOMAN.. to have to sit through that.. for a patriarch to politely disregard her individuality.. and walk off.. in his exchange with Swamini- he made it clear that he was looking for the same KIND as Jeevika.. fair enough he can't handle the alternative conviction in a family member.. but isnt that something they should take up with their own family aka Virat.. its only after his and Swamini's so-called approval that the girl was there.. 

In all this surprisingly Jeevika is coming across as relatively sorted in her point.. she knows nothing much about Maya.. only knows Virat okayed her for some reason.. and she is willing to see why.. before being judgmental. Viren obviously is worried for his sibling and can see through his misplaced emotions.. but having said that.. its funny that his lil irk is constantly looking for reassurance whether its dadaji or Jeevika.. goes to say he himself isnt certain. Jeevika knows one thing.. Manu doesnt love Virat.. and she is following up on that.. n as her maternal instinct goes.. Manu is a kid who in Jeevika's mind isnt ready for domesticity yet.. 

I digress but the point of this whole winding post was againnn the makers try to show that an alternate perspective and conviction is only suitable to be an object of disregard.. I sincerely wanted to ask Judge Wadera amidst his lil dilemma that the fact that he has no faith in his grandchild's decision goes to say there lies the problem.. NOT with the girl's conviction.. and the whole pretext of this lets get Virat Married is a point of ridicule.. coz apparently that is supposed to make him responsible, accountable and thinking of a career.. wow.. the guy needs to do that before is what one would think.. so while the basic premise is FLAWED from the Wadera unit.. I dont see why they presume the high chair of objective judgement here..

In a family of lawyers and judges.. logic takes a back seat.. conveniently fingers are pointed at outsiders than seeing what's amiss within.. 

I rest my case
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by-sonali.19281

Writing after a long time.. for those who remember any of my posts would also remember that objectivity is entertained in them and subjective viewpoints ignored.. I have to make this disclaimer loud and clear coz I am about to make a  statement that will be extremely unpopular as its in view of one of the cameo characters rather than the main leads.. and especially coz the character is a sore thorn.. but my post is not about VM love story or Maya as a person.. etc.. First of all great to see a topic from you after so long! I better see more of you here.

I have been watching the epis a little more regularly over the last 2 weeks and feel there is hope for the old EHM holistic endearment and layering that I personally loved.. where the focus wasn't on one or the other aspect but a ton of parallel interwoven tracks went side by side.. and I am going to try and open a debate on one such perception today.. Agreed, the past 2 weeks seem to have brought the old EHMMBH back. Taking Manvi back to Rishikesh has really improved the quality of the show, there is more free movement as compared to the stiff directed movements of Chandigarh. The parallel tracks are in the all going to affect the behnas and that's what matters the most.

Leaving aside how Maya is as a person- mean, rude manipulative etc.. Just looking at the scene where she sat amidst her prospective in laws representing HERSELF.. sans any family.. that whole scene looked awkward.. let me break it down.. everyone's body language as usual was stiff with the patriarch back.. IMO it was rather inappropriate of Dadaji to ask Maya the same question he asked Jeevika IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FAMILY.. where was the personal discretion he maintained with Jeevika while he asked her this question. In public view normally a person gets on the defensive (I know most of us take pleasure in seeing an unpopular character being cornered..but that doesnt say great things about the esteemed Judge) fine I let that go.. I myself found this to be weird and was about to discuss this myself. It was awkward, I felt that it would have made more sense to have this discussion at the dinner table if they were going to take this route but then dadaji has his own rules. Putting Maya on the spot like that was indeed wrong when with Jeevika he had the same discussion in private. Everyone was stiff while Inder was aloof and Viren was exasperated.

secondly.. what Maya did answer .. wasn't diplomatic in fact was rather honest.. she was non-committal to either just coz she believed priorities are meant to change.. and heck a lot of us view life in the fast changing world the same way.. what I am fighting for today may not be of prime importance to me tomorrow.. it was sensible.. if there was ever a contention between her husband and her family which included her own children she may have to evaluate her priorities.. if anything I was content with her answer.. there was hardly any pretense.. of trying to impress the man.. she spoke her mind.. I actually liked her answer considering her personality. I saw nothing wrong with it, and although it seemed the Vadheras expected a different answer, they had still accepted the answer she gave so I will give the Vadheras that much.

WHILE it may not have suited the judge.. he again fell from grace by publicly asking Virat a personal question in front of the whole family.. since when are the waderas so open about discussing emotions and feelings in front of the other family members.. its another thing that Virat is in a perpetual haze of misplaced emotions.. but if I may suggest Viren's proxying was a little out of line.. but then again Viren was trying to consciously drive a point there.. and Dadaji caught on to it.. I had a what the? expression on my face when he asked that question, seriously, I don't recall him or anyone ever asking Viren such questions. Viren speaking for Virat, it was clear Viren was on a mission or was he genuinely feeling sorry that Virat was put on the spot like that? Either way, dadaji then bringing Manvi up was altogether random and uncalled for especially in front of his DIL to be. Not fair!

ALL good.. but in the midst of it.. here is a GUEST.. a LONE OUTSIDER.. who is representing herself and her convictions.. least social dignity prevails in making it less awkward for that person.. could this whole exchange not have happened between the waderas only.. like it progressed later between Swamini and DJ.. In spite of having complete apathy for Maya the character.. at the end of the scene I was inclined to feel bad and if I may add as insulted as Maya did for A WOMAN.. to have to sit through that.. for a patriarch to politely disregard her individuality.. and walk off.. in his exchange with Swamini- he made it clear that he was looking for the same KIND as Jeevika.. fair enough he can't handle the alternative conviction in a family member.. but isnt that something they should take up with their own family aka Virat.. its only after his and Swamini's so-called approval that the girl was there.. 

In all this surprisingly Jeevika is coming across as relatively sorted in her point.. she knows nothing much about Maya.. only knows Virat okayed her for some reason.. and she is willing to see why.. before being judgmental. Viren obviously is worried for his sibling and can see through his misplaced emotions.. but having said that.. its funny that his lil irk is constantly looking for reassurance whether its dadaji or Jeevika.. goes to say he himself isnt certain. Jeevika knows one thing.. Manu doesnt love Virat.. and she is following up on that.. n as her maternal instinct goes.. Manu is a kid who in Jeevika's mind isnt ready for domesticity yet.. Jeevika's seems sorted but I feel it's more of her being possessive about Manvi and trying to keep Virat away from Manvi in her own way. Although Jeevika is right that Manvi does not love Virat but she still doesn't want them to get together. The protective mother in her comes to the forefront when she hears that maybe her baby sister's responsibility may be given to someone else.

I digress but the point of this whole winding post was againnn the makers try to show that an alternate perspective and conviction is only suitable to be an object of disregard.. I sincerely wanted to ask Judge Wadera amidst his lil dilemma that the fact that he has no faith in his grandchild's decision goes to say there lies the problem.. NOT with the girl's conviction.. and the whole pretext of this lets get Virat Married is a point of ridicule.. coz apparently that is supposed to make him responsible, accountable and thinking of a career.. wow.. the guy needs to do that before is what one would think.. so while the basic premise is FLAWED from the Wadera unit.. I dont see why they presume the high chair of objective judgement here..

In a family of lawyers and judges.. logic takes a back seat.. conveniently fingers are pointed at outsiders than seeing what's amiss within.. The Vadheras have always pointed their fingers at outsiders, first it was Manvi and now it's Maya. The heads don't really realize that there is something dysfunctional about their family.

I rest my case

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Sonali,

Great topic. I have yet to watch the episode so I will catch up and be back.
Omg!! mindreader you are it again πŸ˜†

Agreee!! Was thinking along the exact same lines when i was watching yesterday's episode..I didnt find anything wrong in Maya's answer yaar.It was sensible actually.Our priorities do change with time..You cant except a person to remain the same for an entire lifetime.Your thought process,opinions etc are bound to change while adapting to a new life with family and kids.You need to sort out issues which arrive with new responsibilities in life.( Dare i say,something our Jeevika hasnt been successfull in doing till date) .Maya's was a balanced approach.If not for the bg music and Swamini's disturbed expression,I wouldnt've even known she said something wrong LOLL

Virat was so affected by the break up,that he started hating music,his biggest passion.Maya had such a deep impact on him.But the way cvs are showing this track,I find myself wondering did Virat even like (forget "love") Maya everπŸ˜•.He seems just so unaffected overall.Their current storyline has so much inconsistency and many aspects are not convincing enough for me as a viewer.

Totally man! what was wrong in gifting an office bag? I seriously hated Viren's smirk there.He was the one advicing Jeevika if Virat's commit some mistakes or pass any wrong judgements,elders have the right to correct him.In the past he himself and badi maa wanted Virat to be more responsible and start paying attention to family affairs ,business etc(ofcourse that doesnt mean he has to stop pursuing music or anything).Maya was just being reasonable and I dont think of it as some crime that she wants Viraat to start doing something fruitful and substantial in his career..Yup! loving Jeevika in this track.like the way she isnt imposing her opinion on anyone at the same time not being judgemental.Whatever she said about maanvi is true.maanu is still a bachcha in her view.Eventhough Maanvi has matured up a lot after jeevika's marriage but she still needs some time and growing up to do.Even Viren was irritated once cuz of  the ruckus she created in vadhera house.It was not that long ago and even though Swamini is acting all pally with Maanu,we know she wont give the approval stamp for maanu being THE VADHERA bahu that easily πŸ˜†.So I can completely understand J's concern and seriously dont get why Viren was so dumbfounded by her reaction πŸ˜•πŸ˜†.Jeevika is just cutting some slack for Viraat's choice and views.
sonali.19281 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Nonchalant

Omg!! mindreader you are it again πŸ˜†

Agreee!! Was thinking along the exact same lines when i was watching yesterday's episode..I didnt find anything wrong in Maya's answer yaar.It was sensible actually.Our priorities do change with time..You cant except a person to remain the same for an entire lifetime.Your thought process,opinions etc are bound to change while adapting to a new life with family and kids.You need to sort out issues which arrive with new responsibilities in life.( Dare i say,something our Jeevika hasnt been successfull in doing till date) .Maya's was a balanced approach.If not for the bg music and Swamini's disturbed expression,I wouldnt've even known she said something wrong LOLL

Virat was so affected by the break up,that he started hating music,his biggest passion.Maya had such a deep impact on him.But the way cvs are showing this track,I find myself wondering did Virat even like (forget "love") Maya everπŸ˜•.He seems just so unaffected overall.Their current storyline has so much inconsistency and many aspects are not convincing enough for me as a viewer.

Totally man! what was wrong in gifting an office bag? I seriously hated Viren's smirk there.He was the one advicing Jeevika if Virat's commit some mistakes or pass any wrong judgements,elders have the right to correct him.In the past he himself and badi maa wanted Virat to be more responsible and start paying attention to family affairs ,business etc(ofcourse that doesnt mean he has to stop pursuing music or anything).Maya was just being reasonable and I dont think of it as some crime that she wants Viraat to start doing something fruitful and substantial in his career..Yup! loving Jeevika in this track.like the way she isnt imposing her opinion on anyone at the same time not being judgemental.Whatever she said about maanvi is true.maanu is still a bachcha in her view.Eventhough Maanvi has matured up a lot after jeevika's marriage but she still needs some time and growing up to do.Even Viren was irritated once cuz of  the ruckus she created in vadhera house.It was not that long ago and even though Swamini is acting all pally with Maanu,we know she wont give the approval stamp for maanu being THE VADHERA bahu that easily πŸ˜†.So I can completely understand J's concern and seriously dont get why Viren was so dumbfounded by her reaction πŸ˜•πŸ˜†.Jeevika is just cutting some slack for Viraat's choice and views.

first of all yer dabba... parineeti pankha ehπŸ˜† havent seen her movie but saw her randomly ape govinda's pelvic thrust on the red carpet of some award show.. n was totally floored.. atta gal😎

now coming to the point.. one of my biggest pet peeves is this outrageous STEREOTYPING.. any bharatiya nari will be salwar clad, self sacrificing thinks of the rest of the world before her own n immediate family welfare.. and hence best suited for the tv lead.. where as western clothes (which mind you ONLY include SHORT DRESSES)πŸ˜† no-nonsense women with some orientation and motivation in life are supposedly too selfish to be heroine material.. its insulting man.. coz in reality most of us belong to the 2nd category.. who step out of the confines of our sheltered life to make an individual space in life.. if going by the past story Maya's error was to let go of the guy who wanted marriage so soon without furthering a career when SHE WANTED to pursue one.. kill her for being practical.. n of course love and realism are mutually exclusive in desi fictionπŸ˜† i loved Maya's cynicism in a way today when she barked at that useless RJ.. like seriously LOVE doesnt pay the bills.. stop consuming the youth with such random crap ALL THE FREAKING TIME..

in a way I really think everyone is being selfish.. or self motivated in this scenario.. Virat is in his own deluded zone.. completely disregarding his supposed fiance.. who mind you no one forced him to get back in his life.. Swamini for some concocted vision really thinks Maya is the gal.. Viren in his own belief system thinks otherwise and for once is being a tad subjective unlike his persona..the family that did not believe in their bahus to have to cook suddenly requires maya to have a cullinary certification.. W*F.. I dont rem Jeevika having to go through anything like that.. Jeevika in her own right messed up a kheer man..the first meal she was to make.. so the girl cheated and got food from outside.. but what kinda req is this where she needs to dish out a 5 course menu.. W*FπŸ˜† what are the multicuisine menu list that does the round for.. Maya herself is into music i believe.. so I genuinely see no hope for her pursuing it.. post matrimony.. obv the woman wants to get married for the wadera name n money.. coz face it Virat has no independent standing as of now.. 

long time back I had asked this question.. what does Virat do in life.. or for that matter Manvi.. for most young people in today's age.. not being career oriented is unthinkable.. and seriously who loses purpose in life and give up on his supposed passion for a girl he fancied / loved.. and what's his excuse to be so demotivated about everything now.. this whole scenario is extremely unidimensional and sketchy.. I saw Jeevika teaching Shlok today and let out a sigh.. tg for small mercies.. the woman is using her pedagogy skills somewhere.. what a waste.. m sure she can be proactive with even helping Swamini in her voluntary work.. if not  abuse that library of dadaji's.. I mean what does she do through the day.. i wonder.. when viren is out.. besides folding laundry.. πŸ˜† reminds me of my dad.. whenever he wld sit in front of the tv or see a movie.. he wld just chuckle n go.. bloody every person is so rich... wonder where the money comes fromπŸ˜† n we r in global economic melt down.. who ever talked about life imitating art or vice versa never knew abt desi tv
Amii90 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I wasn't gonna make a post on today's episode but seeing your post, I had to contribute my thoughts too lol. Its amazing that I found something to talk about once you pointed it out. Now, here are my views of the episode in general- what I gathered from the episode as a whole is different from what you have observed but there are some similarities. I agree with your post regarding the whole Maya treatment today by the Vaderas especially by Dada Ji; she was representing herself solely and they should have conversed privately. So not going to repeat what you said, as I agree with it and share similar beliefs.

What irked/bothered/confused me during that entire Maya & Vaderas convo was the fact that what Viren was narrating about Maya; all those "qualities" for what Virat love Maya for- WHEN DID VIREN or ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER WITNESS IT PERSONALLY?!!! I mean where are they deriving those inferences from? Maya being lively, living life & cherishing each day to its bit, helping others, putting happiness of others above anything else- we have not seen this at all and as per my thinking- nor have they! How could Viren sit there and confidently mention those traits of Maya when where that is not her at all; not saying that he should not have supported her or talked on behalf of Virat- but atleast mention her qualities with bit of reality and justification to her character! Now that is the fallacy of Viren or Cvs is different issue- but I felt that throughout the scene and was questioning myself "have they actually seen THIS Maya that they are describing"?!

Jeevika instantly picked up those qualities as being those of Manvi and I do not really blame Dada Ji to instantly voice that thought out saying that those qualities mirror the ones that Maanvi acquire! And I think everyone agreed to that knowing Manvi as they have actually seen her like that, spent time with her, and it takes a lot for Dada Ji to mention all that about Manvi due to recent bonding with her. Viren, I think, somehow un-intentionally and sub-consciously voiced Maya's qualities of those similar to Manvi because he wants someone with those qualities to be Virat's partner- anyone for that matter but co-incidently, we have someone of that nature- Manvi! This is forgetting the fact that Viren wants Manvi herself to be Virat's partner but while voicing out for Virat, he referred to those qualities in general!

Now again, as you mentioned about privacy issues, I agree with that too as Maya should have had the chance to had this conversation with Dada Ji alone like Jeevika did and yes Dada Ji was little rude/harsh on her but I think more than being iffy about Maya, he is iffy about Virat! And this is being contradicted- as I mentioned in my earlier posts (epsiode when Dada Ji and Inder comes before the party); I felt Dada Ji's character being out of sync; how come he agreed to Virat's marriage and gave heads up for all that party and formal engagement annoucement made by Swamini, when he is little iffy when anything comes down to Virat! His hesitation, his concern about Virat being careless and not career-oritented- all of that vanished in one episode and he played happy lucky go! And today all of that came back?! Like you said, before pointing fingers at others or questioning others, they should have looked within themselves first and before all this and talking to Maya, he should have talked to Virat alone- giving him the chance to have a decent convo with Dada ji explaining his stand on everything! Even with Virat, we have not seen him "totally"in love or giving out any indication that he is willing to marry Maya and take on her responsibility along with setting up his career!

As per comparisons, yes it went a little overboard with Dada ji constantly comparing her to Manvi- whereas she is nobody in the house (atleast yet) to be compared with- his slight reference to Jeevika; however, was little justified! I mean, he has Jeevika as a reference of an ideal older daughter-in-law of the family; so he is going by those standards but again Swamini responded back saying that they both come from diff upbringing/country etc- but again Dada ji was bang on referring to "sanskars" in general! And again I guess thats why he asked similar que to her as he did to Jeevika to gauge the situation. I have no issues with Maya's answers- they were reasonable and honest intact with her character portrayal and Jeevika's answers matched her pesonality! But comparing two responses in general, for my own critique, I think those answers say a lot for coming future!

Jeevika's answer (exact words translated) was that "love is wonderful thing to have and those that have it, are very lucky whereas duty/obligation is something that gives direction to life/guides life and keeps family's honour and pride intact. If I were to choose, I would pick duty/obligation towards my family over love anyday"! Now that is Jeevika defined ultimately- we see these glimpses in her character and we would def see this when it would come to Manvi's illness or other situations where she might have to stand with family opposite Viren fulfilling her duties and obligations as daughter-in-law. Also, lets not forget the fact that Jeevika and Viren had arranged marriage- yes they did have chance to fully meet and get to know each other, but it was not like courtship that Virat and Maya supposedly had. Jeevika answered this que before marrying Viren and falling in love with him! Whereas Maya's answer reflected what Maya is- her practical and honest stand towards life and someone who has spent years with Virat; her answers were justified in that context! She clearly stated that her priorties in life could change and few years down the road, she might have to prioritize accordingly. And we have already seen that as per old history of Virat and Maya- she picked her career over Virat at the time what suited her the best and this foreshadows the future too, if she were to marry Virat, she would not hesitate before changing her priorties forsaking Virat and his family!

SWAMINI- what a hypocrite!!!! Today she is all for Virat when clearly Virat and her don't really share that bonding as Viren and her do; was very surprising to see her vouching for Virat and Maya! Esp mentioning the fact, that Virat's happiness is important etc... I WOULD WANNA WAIT TO SEE HER REACTION ONCE VIRAT WISHES TO MARRY MANVI!!! Then, I would wanna see if she supports Virat or not- and for that matter Dada Ji too- considering how is loving Manvi and takes Jeevika as a ref of an idea bahu, it should be very easy for HIM to accept Manvi as his 2nd daughter-in-law! I hope he doesn't back out from his words or opinions then! But Swamini- I don't trust at all- she is merely using Manvi to her use and became "friendly" with her otherwise she doesn't like her at all! I have a feeling that once it comes to Virat & Manvi track- Dada ji would actually support it whereas Swamini would create the fuss!!

And lastly ofcourse, I have to mention Virika- again a sweet scene with Shlok being the middleman! Poor Viren desparetely trying to talk to his wife whereas she was enjoying his irritation of seeing Shlok there again disrupting their alone time! Lovely to see how Viren was all for his saali and Jeevika was all for Virat! Jeevika has not thought/pictured/imagined Manvi with Virat at all perhaps which makes her stand of giving Maya a chance even more stronger! She would need to witness what Viren has seen in order to realize the spark in them; even then she would be little hesitant to accept that being a protective elder sister! And moreover, Manvi herself hasn't thought about it or has felt anything; but I guess during the cancer track (if Virat finds out), she would start to feel that connection!!!

Oh and almost forgot the ending- way Maya talked about Manvi just baffled me- after all that she did for her and Virat- all Maya picks up about her is her dressing sense, her eating style?!!Yes agreed, she was irked because of constant comparison and ref of Manvi but she shouldnt have forgotten the measures Manvi took to do all that for them- I mean if it wasn't for her- they wouldnt even be having this marriage convo to begin with!!! 

I guess this is it- wow! I do talk a lot and analyze/criticize everything so deeply- blame the criminology person inside me & doing extensive research/analogical papers lol- I just ranted everything that came to my mind; I really hope I make sense and this isn't a direct reply to your post in certain context; more of a general observations of the episode! Thanks for bearing with me :)
Edited by Amit90 - 12 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
The whole Maya track is brought to show Maanvi as Mahaaan and make fun of Maya.
And Viren is on a mission to bring Maanvi in Virat's life and so is resenting Maya's presence.

This type of stereotyping is popular in popular films and tv serials. One who is in salwar kameez is touted as goddess and one who dresses fashionably in a devil. The former solves problems, the latter create problems.

Virat never loved Maya because a person who loves deeply will never fall for another woman so easily, in this respect Maanvi. Virat and Maya both are superficial persons but only Maya is targetted.
That is the reason I stopped watching this show and started watching  Dekha Ek Khwab which is more fun though the stereotyping is there. The treatment is quite different and novel for a change.

Meanwhile I like Maya's looks. She is so pretty with not a flaw. Of course with good makeup.

Edited by leavesandwaves - 12 years ago
..Jessie.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-sonali.19281

Writing after a long time.. for those who remember any of my posts would also remember that objectivity is entertained in them and subjective viewpoints ignored.. I have to make this disclaimer loud and clear coz I am about to make a  statement that will be extremely unpopular as its in view of one of the cameo characters rather than the main leads.. and especially coz the character is a sore thorn.. but my post is not about VM love story or Maya as a person.. etc.. 

I have been watching the epis a little more regularly over the last 2 weeks and feel there is hope for the old EHM holistic endearment and layering that I personally loved.. where the focus wasn't on one or the other aspect but a ton of parallel interwoven tracks went side by side.. and I am going to try and open a debate on one such perception today.. 

Leaving aside how Maya is as a person- mean, rude manipulative etc.. Just looking at the scene where she sat amidst her prospective in laws representing HERSELF.. sans any family.. that whole scene looked awkward.. let me break it down.. everyone's body language as usual was stiff with the patriarch back.. IMO it was rather inappropriate of Dadaji to ask Maya the same question he asked Jeevika IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FAMILY.. where was the personal discretion he maintained with Jeevika while he asked her this question. In public view normally a person gets on the defensive (I know most of us take pleasure in seeing an unpopular character being cornered..but that doesnt say great things about the esteemed Judge) fine I let that go..

secondly.. what Maya did answer .. wasn't diplomatic in fact was rather honest.. she was non-committal to either just coz she believed priorities are meant to change.. and heck a lot of us view life in the fast changing world the same way.. what I am fighting for today may not be of prime importance to me tomorrow.. it was sensible.. if there was ever a contention between her husband and her family which included her own children she may have to evaluate her priorities.. if anything I was content with her answer.. there was hardly any pretense.. of trying to impress the man.. she spoke her mind.. 

WHILE it may not have suited the judge.. he again fell from grace by publicly asking Virat a personal question in front of the whole family.. since when are the waderas so open about discussing emotions and feelings in front of the other family members.. its another thing that Virat is in a perpetual haze of misplaced emotions.. but if I may suggest Viren's proxying was a little out of line.. but then again Viren was trying to consciously drive a point there.. and Dadaji caught on to it.. 

In all this surprisingly Jeevika is coming across as relatively sorted in her point.. she knows nothing much about Maya.. only knows Virat okayed her for some reason.. and she is willing to see why.. before being judgmental. Viren obviously is worried for his sibling and can see through his misplaced emotions.. but having said that.. its funny that his lil irk is constantly looking for reassurance whether its dadaji or Jeevika.. goes to say he himself isnt certain. Jeevika knows one thing.. Manu doesnt love Virat.. and she is following up on that.. n as her maternal instinct goes.. Manu is a kid who in Jeevika's mind isnt ready for domesticity yet.. 

In a family of lawyers and judges.. logic takes a back seat.. conveniently fingers are pointed at outsiders than seeing what's amiss within.. πŸ˜†

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

My reply is in red this time