MG FF: Quantum of Solace Thread 2

Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Quantum of Solace

the smallest bit of peace

This is a story of two troubled souls, Maan and Geet, whose lives have been filled with more sorrow than joy...more pain than comfort...more chaos than peace.

Will they be able to fight fate to reach a destiny where instead of unrest they obtain serenity?

Will they be able to forget the past and move forward?

Will they be able to heal each other's wounds?

Will they find comfort in one another?

In all simplicity, will they obtain a Quantum of Solace through each other?

Edited by Limerance - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limerance thumbnail
Limerance thumbnail
Part 18

Geet spent all day worried about one thing or another, from her emotional dilemmas to wardrobe dilemmas. At the moment the latter was on her mind as she walked back home while mentally blasting Maan for bringing this unexpected party into the picture. Because of it she had to go back on her promise of taking Piyu to the movies. Even though she could have taken her to the afternoon show with plenty of time leftover to get ready Dadi insisted on scheduling for another day. Piyu was undoubtedly upset which made Geet feel terrible and add to her list of things going wrong. Frustration had built to the degree to which the poor patio doors were being abused.

"Whoa...someone's in a bad mood." Meera was sketching some designs only to be startled by the noise of slamming doors.

"Don't even get me started Meera. Everything seems to be going wrong lately as it is and he just had to come along and complicate things further...I can't believe that man!" Geet muttered the last part so Meera wouldn't hear.

Meera, however did and smiled at Geet suspecting what exactly her problem was. "Let me guess, Maan? I thought you two were friends."

Geet sighed at that statement. "Of course we are but he can be so ridiculous sometimes." She then proceeded to tell the whole story to a highly amused Meera towards Geet's reaction.

"So let me get this straight Geet. You are upset about the fact that Maan didn't tell you beforehand about the party not that he's actually making you go with him, right?" Meera asked with a knowing grin.

"I-uhh---no Meera, of course I'm mad that he's making me go. I don't like to go to parties you know that." Geet knew her fumbling wasn't helping her seem convincing but what could she do? She couldn't admit to her best friend the real issue with Maan and her feelings because Meera would only push it in the wrong direction.

Meera moved off the chair and sat next to Geet on the sofa who was fiddling with her earring. She recognized something had definitely happened between them seeing Geet so preoccupied in her thoughts ever for the past few days. "Look me in the eye and tell me you aren't starting to like the guy Geet."

But Geet wouldn't because...well she couldn't. Even if she tried to lie it wouldn't work with Meera and so what was the point. Despite not wanting to divulge into this topic Geet was forced to. "So I'll take your silence as affirmative of my suspicions."

Geet looked at Meera curiously, "What do you mean suspicions? How long have thought this?"

Meera smiled, "Probably longer than either of you realized or thought possible." She paused knowing what sorts of thoughts were running in Geet's mind. In all these years of being friends, Meera knew there was only one thing that Geet always needed more of, time. The time to savor life's simple joys, to live life the way it was meant to be, to be young and not grow before one's time were some things that weren't in Geet's favor since the beginning.

But now Meera wanted to make sure that wouldn't be the case any longer. She wanted Geet to make up for all lost time and enjoy herself now. She had dealt with more than she deserved at every point in life. Geet needed stability, an anchor to hold on to even through the roughest of storms.

Meera couldn't recall ever a time where Geet was not walking on pins and needles except this once. Here Geet seemed to be able to better handle the shadow of her past that always lingered a bit too close. Meera credited that to no one else but Maan. She realized he had slowly and unknowingly become the light Geet needed to be sucked out of the tunnel she roamed through aimlessly all these bitter years.

Meera knew what the hardest part was going to be about all of this though. It had always been the hardest with her. Making Geet realize that the past should not compel our future, that although it would always remain as a reminder of our sorrows the future would also always remain as a blank canvas thirsty for unforeseen adventures.

Meera placed her hand on Geet's arm and softly said, "Geet, it's time you took your own advice. You need to let go and move forward without the past." Meera knew she wouldn't like this conversation but she needed to have it with her.

Geet looked at her blankly. Let go. How can she let go so easily? How can a promise she made to herself to never burden anyone, to never cast her unfortunate shadow on a soul be simply let go? She held on to her words so simply erasing this promise from her heart was near impossible.

Seeing no reaction from Geet, Meera continued her attempt to get through to her. "Why are you doing this Geet? Why are you letting her words haunt you and control your life?"

Geet felt a prick in her heart with these questions and only replied blankly. "Because her words were true, that's what haunts me. It haunts me to know that I caused so much grief and hate."

Meera nudged Geet's hand making her look towards her. She didn't know what possibly could make Geet realize that what happened was none of her fault and never had been. It was all a game life played with her, a wicked game. "People like you don't cause hate Geet. Hate builds within the mind as a disease. The only thing you are able to cause is love. Everyone adores you, even Maan and you know it. Please don't run away from this..."

Geet let out a long sigh realizing how easily her emotions appeared to those around her. This was something she didn't want to share, not even with Meera because of what was happening right now. Geet knew Meera always wanted what was best for her but Geet believed sacrifices had to be made once in a while. In her own mind she had it ingrained, that sometimes we don't always deserve the best. Sometimes we should accept life as it is with the wrongs and rights even if they aren't justified.

Despite not wanting to discuss this Geet responded to Meera in hopes that she would drop the topic. "I understand Meera but certain boundaries are not meant to be crossed. I don't want to see him get hurt again...I care too much about him to do that."

Meera stared at her in awe to the extent to which her mind worked in ways it shouldn't be. "You are wrong Geet. That boundary has already been crossed." Meera realized the change in her tone would agitate Geet but she had to get through to her. "It was done unknowingly the day you decided to help him...but you are right about one thing, he will get hurt because of you." Geet felt numb at that even though it was what she accepted as the truth already. She knew with her presence Maan would only get hurt more because it seemed people always had when she was around.

Meera saw the darkness cast in her eyes as hurt and it sealed her thoughts about Geet's feelings towards him. She cared for him, so much that she was willing to stay away thinking in the end she would be the one to cause his demise. Meera let out a drained sigh, "Geet, do you still not understand what I'm saying? He needs you. It is through you that he's able to live again. You know very well that something exists between you two. It's only if you leave his side will he be lost again."

Geet shook her head vigorously as if that would help get her point across better. "That's not true Meera. Nothing ever existed between us, except the tie of helping a friend through difficult times." She saw the disbelief in Meera's face at that because they both knew that was far from the truth. Geet was willing to privately acknowledge the few moments of bliss she observed the previous night in accepting her feelings and that was more than enough she believed. Now though she had to dissolve every emotion associated with Maan aside from cordial friendship and guard her heart so it felt nothing.

"That bond is more than friendship. The change in him now, the way he smiles, the life that's starting to seep back into him is all because of you. The peace I see in you and the laugh that reaches your eyes now is only because of him. It's amazing that neither of you realize the changes you bring to the other."

Geet was getting impatient now. She didn't want to talk about it anymore because it was just panging her heart. "Please Meera, you know why I can't go through this. In the end grief is all I cause to those around, it's all I've ever been able to give. I can't do that to him. I can't hurt anymore people I care about."

"It was not you that caused grief so why are you accepting the blame? Why are you still accepting responsibility for every wrong thing life threw at you? Just tell me one thing Geet, when will the time come for you to accept your desires? When will it be about you and your happiness?"

Desire. It was the word that always choked her. Geet was determined not to let a drop shed from her eyes in this conversation but this did it. A simple six letter word brought back to the forefront all the shame, guilt and pain she shoved into the corner of her mind.

"The day he left me was the day I gave up my desires. I promised myself I wouldn't be selfish after that day. I wouldn't seek or ask for what I didn't deserve."

Meera's heart swelled with misery and eyes with tears. "He wouldn't want this you know. He would have wanted to see his little girl happy."

"But his little girl can't ever be happy knowing he's gone because of her." Meera saw her holding the tears back. Her glistening eyes reflected all the pain she had bottled up for so long. They showed how vulnerable she actually was, how lonely she had felt all these years without the love of the person who she felt was the only one to truly love her unconditionally, her father.

Meera only hoped for this conversation to be a way for Geet to realize the right path. She never intended to open up wounds but a little part of her thought maybe this was okay. Maybe wounds needed to be opened again before they could be sealed forever. Nevertheless, Meera gave her hug and an apologetic smile because seeing Geet upset was something she absolutely hated. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to bring it up. It's just I want to see you happy for once."

Geet wiped the few tears that had cascaded down and quickly assured her. "It's okay Meera. I know you only did this because you care."

"Geet, I will always be here to care for you and love you." She nodded giving a soft smile because she didn't have words for the moment. All Geet could wonder now was if she could face Maan tonight without breaking down or not. But she also couldn't cancel on him. It would make him more suspicious and she would definitely break when he asked her what was wrong. No, it was better to go and put on a face. Yes, put on a face. It shouldn't be that hard, she told herself, I've done it all these years. Now accepting she had to go, Geet remembered her wardrobe dilemma." Meera, I don't know what to wear. I doubt I have any nice dresses here."

"Don't worry Geet. I think your date has taken care of that." Meera then walked to the table and gave her a white box wrapped up with a neat red bow. "It was delivered for you earlier today along with this card."

Geet blankly stared at the box wondering why at every turn life made things more complicated for her. Right when Geet thought she was able to untangle herself from a mess another knot formed. At times like these it seemed as if life enjoyed her being entangled in a web of uncertainty and misery.

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I would not rather say poor Geet...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present."
Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.

I know past can never be dead, it's not even past but we live in present then why not live in the moment? 

It's ease said then done.  We all know that, but is it that difficult to at least get inside our mind that, "Yes I'll try."

Sooner or later we all have to let go off our past.  As life has been granted and can't be taken for granted.

People need to be reminded constantly and sometimes harshness becomes the source to get through.  Same as Meera doing to get through to Geet.  In that process she resurfaces the past and reminded that what has happened. 

It's understandable what Geet's fears are it might come true to some extent but that's not we want to pursue.  It's all in our minds, with the help of Meera having such a friend to her side Geet is lucky enough to have her and now Khurana clan.

I would say Geet lets roll it and take your chance.

Awesome is the candy Minal...

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
so geet has some past and she feels she is responsible for what happened to her father...a person who has asked maan to let go of his guilt shud realise that she also needs to let go of her past and shud consider herself worthy of someone's love...as meera had rightly put, G will be giving pain and hurt to M only if she alienates herself from him...
curious to know about her past...

and congrats on new thread
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
loved the updates.. Hope Geet moves on now.. waiting for the 'date'..
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
*kaan pakading* Sorry! My mom came into check on my packing. lol Finally finished!

Yay! New thread!! Partyyy!

Now I'm even more curious about Geet's past. Meera is such a great friend.   Now I really can't wait for Maan and Geet's party/date. :)

Thanks for the update, Minu!
Limerance thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnaluv94

*kaan pakading* Sorry! My mom came into check on my packing. lol Finally finished!

Yay! New thread!! Partyyy!

Now I'm even more curious about Geet's past. Meera is such a great friend.   Now I really can't wait for Maan and Geet's party/date. :)

Thanks for the update, Minu!

It's all good! I'm glad you are done packing :)
Oh it's going to be an interesting party I tell you. By the time you come back it should be done with, we shall see. I'm on spring break this week and an unexpected trip came up so let's see how much I can post this week.

I hope you enjoy your trip!
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Limerance

<font face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif" size="2">It's all good! I'm glad you are done packing :)</font>
<font face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif" size="2">Oh it's going to be an interesting party I tell you. By the time you come back it should be done with, we shall see. I'm on spring break this week and an unexpected trip came up so let's see how much I can post this week.</font>

<font face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif" size="2">I hope you enjoy your trip!</font>

Cool. I hope you have an awesome spring break. :)