Posted: 12 years ago
I still miss Divya alot. I get tears in my eyes when I see her song "Saat samundar", her movies Deewana, Shola aur shabnam. I too want to know the real reason behind her sudden death. If it was a murder then she deserves justice. 

I wish she had not married Sajid. She could have made her career. In just 2-3 years she made her name. If she was alive she would have not only been a big threat to Madhuri, Sridevi but she could have been a top actress.
I heard a story where they said that top actresses at that time was scared that Divya will take over their position so underworld murder was involved in it
Originally posted by Terenaina

I heard a story where they said that top actresses at that time was scared that Divya will take over their position so underworld murder was involved in it
Sridevi...
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Sridevi...

yes that's what I heard
she overdosed or was pushed. I remember this as my relatives told me it was tragic.
Was it Divya's physical resemblance to Sridevi that threatened her?

Did/does Sridevi really have strong ties to underworld? 

It's hard to believe that they would do this to competition? No one stays in bollywood forever. All the ladies marry and leave eventually anyway.
i remember i was a little girl back then but her song "bijlee chali jae andhera hi andhera ho" i used to love that track! and so many more, remember one movie where she was very fond of a guy but dies of cancer in it, man her death makes me wana cry but some how i just saw an interview posted here, her parents seem wayy too calm for being one of some1 who passed away at such a young age and whose cause of death is also not confirmed yet! i think there was something fishy for sure, either the parents had disowned her post marriage or something fishy was there! she wasnt just drunk n fell, i dont beleive that! poor girl ,she would have been a superstar by now and might be making a come-back like karisma etc are doing, God destiny :( RIP!
What i have heard from couple of people is that Sajid was responsible in her death in some way directly or indirectly...

Their marriage was a very hush hush one and Divya wanted to go public with it... She had even given an interview to Stardust that she has a surprise that she will announce soon... Pretty soon after that she passed away...
Sajid did not want the news of the wedding to come out... She was the golden goose who was in demand those days and producers were lining up to her... He knew that a marrie d actress will not have the same desirability...
She kept pestering him abt it and he ended up pushing her to alcohol, drugs and physical and mental abuse...
The last straw was Divya came to know abt Sajid's close association with Dawood and the mafia who were responsible for the 93 Mumbai blasts... Sajid felt threatened by that and Divya too scared him off by saying that if he did not agree to her demands then she will go public with Sajid's nexus to the underworld...

The OSO sequence with DP and Arjun was quite similar to what happened with Divya...

^^
That's exactly what I thought reading your comment- OSO. She wasn't pregnant though was she?

So sad if true.
Originally posted by Burcidi

^^
That's exactly what I thought reading your comment- OSO. She wasn't pregnant though was she?

So sad if true.

Pregnancy, I don't know... But otherwise pretty similar ... Both instances had the guy not ready to come out with the truth and eventual death of the girl...

Farah is Sajid's close friend... Must have got some inspiration for the story closer to home...😆

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago