ArHi FF : When I Find You| ch 8 - 37

Posted: 12 years ago

^^ Banner by Ragi dii [..Ragzz..] 

Thanks a million Di. . . I love you hameshaaa! πŸ€—

When I Find You. . .

Hello ArHi-ians. . . πŸ€—

I've had this idea from a couple of weeks. . . and I finally decided to write it down. . . The FF is set in early 1800s. . .  so it'll be a little different. . . and it is mostly an adaptation of a novel I've read recently. . .I loved the story and I felt it would suit ArHi, so penned it on them. . . Hope you guys like it. . . They'll be a few extra characters. . . who are also important, will introduce them as and when they come! 😳

And this is my first FF on ArHi. . .so be a li'l considerate guys! πŸ˜†

Will post the next chapter depending on the response, so let me know if I should continue or not! =)

Happy reading!

-Sharmi

Index:

Chapter - 1 : Page 1 ( Scroll Down)

Chapter - 2 : Page 8 

Chapter - 3 : Page 13

Chapter - 4 : Page 19

Chapter - 5 : Page 22

Chapter - 6 : Page 27

Chapter - 7 : Page 32

Chapter - 8 : Page 37

Buddy ' WIFY_PMacct ' if you want to receive PMs regarding the updates! πŸ˜³

And like the post if you want to receive a PM about updates! 

Edited by PurpleRain - 11 years ago

Chapter-1:

Jaipur, 1814

He lay on the ground, writhing in pain, but despite the numerous wounds on his body; he managed to drag himself up and limp to where his father lay on the ground.

He slipped his small bony hand into his father's weathered one and slightly shook it.

Sanjay Singh Raizada fought the numbness and the feeling of death creeping over him and opened his eyes.  He wasn't one to give up so easily! He would've gladly let death empower him; cause the pain he endured had reached a new level altogether, but he still had a very important thing to do. . . He had to pass on his legacy to his son.

The legacy of the Raizada family had always been Hate. . . He turned his head slowly towards his son kneeling down in front of him. He needed to see his son burn with the fever for revenge, and until he was certain the boy understood the importance of righting the terrible wrong done this dark day, he would continue to fight death.

He looked straight into the moist eyes of his son and said in a voice that still came out booming even after all the pain he was in "Avenge my death Arnav! Take all the hatred into you and nuture it and protect it and when you are older and stronger make sure you destroy all our enemies! Not even their offsprings should remain. . ."

"Promise me, you'll do it son!" he commanded.

"Yes father!" nodded Arnav with all his heart. "I will avenge your death!"

Sanjay breathed slightly in contentment. He had passed on to his son, his main aim. He wouldn't mind, if death evaded him now and if that breath was his very last; he knew Arnav would fulfil his wishes as he saw the fire in the eyes of his ten year old son already. Arnav had always been different from the rest of his generation; he would always follow his father and would heed to every instruction he was given and was also far more intelligent and shrewd than his contemporaries.

"Tell me the names of who did this to you. . ." asked Arnav.

Sanjay let out a breathy laugh and said. . .

"It has and always will be the Rathores son. It was their men who attacked; and I had underestimated them and trusted in them. I thought they were too weak-willed to do anything of this sort; but I was wrong, they are far too greedy to heed anything."

"I will destroy them all father" said Arnav.

In the past few minutes; Sanjay had seen the ten year old son of his grow beyond his years; his eyes shone with revenge and intensity.

Sanjay's grip on his son's hand tightened. "This be my final lesson to you. Watch me die and learn how to live as a warrior. When you leave me, go to the path in the forest. Chander waits there to give you instructions for your immediate future."

"What of my loyal men?"

"Most are dead."

The despair in the boy's voice washed over the man, and he immediately tried to reassure him. "Their sons will come back. They'll wear your colors and claim your name. They'll follow you as their fathers followed me. The time draws near for you to leave. Wrap a cloth tight around and around your injury to stem the blood before you stand, or more will be lost with each step you take. Do it now while I rest beside you."

Arnav hurried to obey his father's command, though he didn't believe his injury was significant enough to merit protection. Most of the blood covering his body was from his father's wounds, not his own.

"You'll have a scar to remind you of this black day," Sanjay predicted.

"I need no reminder. I won't forget."

"No, you won't forget. Does it pain you?"

"No."          

Sanjay grunted with approval. The boy had never been a complainer, a fact his father found most pleasing. He had all the makings of a mighty warrior.

"Will Chander send me to Kalyaniamma to tell her what happened?"

"He will not. You will not tell that woman anything."

"But she's your wife."

"My second wife," he corrected. "Never trust a woman, Arnav. It is foolhardy to do so. Kalyani will find out what happened when she returns with her son, Shyam. I want you to be well away from here by then. I won't have you trained by her relatives. They're all leeches."

Arnav nodded so his father would know he understood, and then asked, "Did you trust my mother?"

Sanjay heard the worry in his son's voice and thought it was probably his duty to give him a kind remembrance of his mother. Still, the boy needed to hear the truth, and for that reason, he didn't soften his answer, but spoke from his heart.

"I did trust her, and anguish was the result. I loved your mother. She was my own sweet Meera, and how was I repaid for my generosity? She up and died on me, that's how, breaking my heart and leaving me desolate. Learn from my folly and save yourself the heartache. I never should have married again'I realize that now'but I am a practical man above all else, and I knew I needed heirs to follow after me in the event something foul happened to you. "

Sanjay paused to gather his thoughts before continuing. "I couldn't love Kalyani, or any other woman. How could I, after what my own sweet Meera had done to me? Still, I shouldn't have ignored your stepmother. It wasn't her fault I couldn't care about her. You must try to make up for my wrong. Try to honor her and put up with her pampered son. Remember, your first loyalty must be to your own."

"I'll remember. Where will Chander send me? There is time for you to tell me," he persisted.

He was deliberately stalling so that he would have a few more minutes with his father.

"Chander could have been killed before he reached the forest."

"It would not matter. Do you think I would entrust such important orders to only one man? I'm not foolish. I told others what was to be done."

"Let me hear the command from my father."

Sanjay relented. "There's only one man I trust, and you must go to him. Tell him what took place here today."

"Do I tell him everything you have told me?"

"Yes."

"Do I trust him?"

"You do," he replied. "He'll know what's to be done. You must seek his protection first, then order him to train you in his image. Demand your right, boy. Pledge that you'll be his brother until the day you die. He won't fail you. Go now. Go to Gaurav Singhania!"

"You will do as I command," his father said. "You're too young to understand, and so you must trust my judgment. I want your promise that you will go to Singhania now."

"Yes, Father."

Sanjay nodded. "The time has come for you to bid me goodbye. We've dallied long enough, and I've put off dying for as long as I dare. Even now I can feel myself slipping into sleep."

Arnav tried, but he couldn't seem to make himself let go of his father's hand.

"I will miss you," he whispered.

"And I, you."

"I love you, Father."

"Warriors do not speak of such feelings. I love you too, son, but I won't be telling you so."

He squeezed Arnav's hand as a way of softening his rebuke, and finally closed his eyes. He was ready to let death have him, for he had seen the fire burning bright in Arnav's eyes, and he knew he would be avenged. What more could a father ask?

Sanjay Raizada died a few minutes later, still clinging to his son's hand. He died as he had lived, withhonor, dignity, and on his own stubborn terms.

Arnav lingered by his father's side for as long as he could, until he heard someone whispering to himfrom behind. He turned to see a young soldier struggling to sit up. Arnav couldn't remember his name, and from the distance separating them, he couldn't tell how serious his injuries were. He motioned to the soldier to stay where he was, then turned back to his father. He picked up the sword resting on his chest, bowed his head in prayer for his father's soul, and then crawled away, clutching the treasured sword to his heart. He eased over hot, glowing embers that blistered his arms and the bloody remains of friends, which made his eyes fill with tears.

He finally reached the man who had called out to him and discovered the soldier wasn't fully grown up, after all. Why, he couldn't be more than two or three years older than Arnav. Thankfully, he remembered the soldier's name before reaching him.

"Akash, I thought you dead. Roll onto your back so I may tend your injuries, or you will surely die."

After he saw to Akash's injuries he made him slowly stand up and they walked towards the forest crossing the various bodies lying around and moving away from the Raizada Haveli which was set ablaze by the enemy and was now almost destructed.

As they reached the end of the field; Arnav turned to look back at his father's corpse and the destruction around him and vowed again that he would never ever let the enemy walk away even if it was the last thing he did.

And so it began. . . .

So, That's the first chapter of the FF. . . Leave your comments and likes behind and let me know if you like it! πŸ˜³

Edited by PurpleRain - 12 years ago
Love that Era ! yes continue !
loved it arnav with a sword nice era love the start please pm

WOOWW.. SUMTHNG NEW.. PLS DO PM ME WHEN U UPDATE IT... :)
extremely interesting. what novel did you adapt it from?

reserved. (;
omfg! sharmiii! this is reserved :) editing tonight or tomorrow! 

LOVE IT <333
loved itEdited by kins103 - 12 years ago
loved it dear
continue pls

thnx 4 the pm😊
That was really wonderful! 
~Loved it~! =)